When was the last time an action-oriented cartoon aired? Is everything just comedy / lolsorandum / slice of life now?

When was the last time an action-oriented cartoon aired? Is everything just comedy / lolsorandum / slice of life now?

The 2000s were a great time.

Voltron S3 came out this month

Justice League Action is airing on CN, but its timeslots have been erratic from my understanding. Probably an attempt by CN to kill off the show.

I've given up on action-oriented cartoons on TV ever coming back in any large number. The best option nowadays is original action shows from streaming services. Netflix and Amazon have begun putting a lot of money into original animation, such Niko and the Sword of Light and Cannon Busters.

>Probably an attempt by CN to kill off the show.
Why do they have such a hateboner for action cartoons? It's been like this for like the last four years.

The Batman was shit.

This, and this

they don't make back their money

Adding to what others have said, Star Wars Rebels fits the bill as well along with Marvel cartoons for Disney (not sure which ones are alive or dead atm), Transformers RID on CN and TMNT on nick also have a good helping of action.

And this

Your opinions are shit. I've actually found The Batman to be one of those very rare cartoons that gets significantly better rewatching it.

I bet you're that user that spergs out whenever someone posts a BTAS thread because nobody thinks your shitty version is as good

Comedy, in general, is oversaturating the animation industry.

I wouldn't mind if they were all actually funny. A good life is lived with laughs.

It's not just the fact that they're action, but also the fact that they're third-party productions. CN itself doesn't profit as much as from their other shows. So, they try burning them off as much as possible so they don't up put up with them. TTGo skirts this as it fits their preferred programming and it's cheap as hell to make.

They're treating it marginally better than, say, GL:TAS or BtB, so there's that.

I will never forget that premier

Yeah at least the haven't pushed it to boomerang and they aren't dumping new episodes in bombs. I like JLA. Hope it gets renewed for another season.

Nobody realizes how much better it is because everyone goes crazy for that 80s aesthetic and overall nostalgia. Same reason why TMNT '87 is the well-known one, etc. Quality is irrelevant.

Does Miraculous Ladybug count as a action oriented cartoon ? It has some action in it.

It's hard to think of a cartoon that doesn't have "some" action in it, so no.

There's DC Superhero Girls but it's online but it is getting a new show on Cartoon Network next year.

Cartoon network will probably screw it over like Justice League Action .

>He hasn't watched Lastman yet.

Who knows? Superhero Girls is currently a huge cashcow for DC and could potentially be one for CN if they don't go full retard like they've gone for the last few DC cartoons.

It has lauren faust working on it so they might treat it good.

>wannabe anime

Honestly I don't even mind this web series. I hope it kills TTG in ratings so it can replace it.

Miraculous ladybug was originally supposed to be a anime .

exactly

Because Warner are fucking idiots than want CN and DC to fight each other even if that has fucked over to both each time

Star vs.The Forces Of Evil
Young Justice
Steven Universe
Adventure Time
Generator Rex

all say hi.

Will action cartoons ever be popular again ?

Generator Rex was some serious wasted potential. I wish it had won out instead of Ben 10.

No, the market is dead

More like it moved.

If TV channels would give them a chance ,maybe.

Big Hero 6 is getting a show so hopefully it can bring back action cartoons.

Well, what a coincidence, this just so happens to be the subject of Pan's next video.