JSA Storytime: Omega the Unknown

Good evening owls,

still Steve Gerber

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/IRossICampbell/status/898039114183962625
twitter.com/Inkfacefahz/status/898044107582570496
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Holy fuck just the cover and this already looks like the greatest comic ever.

probably no /d/lectro tonight

I love this comic so much.

I think James-Michael is kind of like taking Ditko's version of Peter Parker to the next level. Except I guess James-Michael isn't as douchey.

That Carol thread is comfy

OP a fag! A FAG!

Sup Forums has had better ideas for Carol in one thread than DC has ever had I'm sure several of us saw/are posting in that thread already, but just in case

I recognized Cranky instantly.

hi sugartits

this narration really makes you stop and read

so many words

No one fucking cares about Calol Faggis, get it through.

dat ass in panel 3

Hello, Storyteller.

To be fair to this cover, cats are wretched little bastards when they want to be. Fuck you, Tim.

Well we finally got Mystik U after 2 years
And a new Moon knight book

I love how I had to eat my own words after saying we'd never get it a few JSA threads back

I don't know how I feel about "female superhero goes to college" becoming so prevalent lately.

You're learning to master the sigil in reverse, Dave. That's like 12th level magyck.

This at least feels like it's one of their attempts at an evergreen trade, so the writing might be more co-ordinated.

Dave pls say we'll definitely get Hickman LOSH so it won't actually happen

Mystik U is the stupidest fucking name I've ever seen for a Big Two series lately.

I want like fucking weird Mystik U with obscure oddball characters but I'm a realist and understand that would sell even less than this will. It all sounds a bit Harry Potter but if it manages to sustain like a Gotham Academy level of quality then it'll likely be a pleasant enough book.

holy crap, Mystik U lives???

It'll be less trivializing than America, for sure

Bemis did the new Foolkiller right? he sounds like a great fit for Moon Knight

We'll never gets Hickman L.E.G.I.O.N

It's a 3 issue mini with prestige format so it'll sell about as bad as the Deadman one did lol

Aye, and Burrows doing a big two book pretty much confirms that Avatar Press is over.

Otherwise they'd have something for him.

It's just three issues, so it's basically a trade book, bi-monthly too

CHEST

Mystik U finally being released is just really something else. I thought it was long dead.

Was there anything else announced for the Dark Line way back when? Or was that just it?

Dark Universe was the other one

Maybe that's Hickman's game.

The first word we hear him say is 'why'

philosophy~

>Batman Europa
>Batman Creature of the Night
>Wonder Woman Earth One/Trial of Diana Prince
>Mystik U

Ok but when will ASBAR, king of comics that will never be finished or released, finally be freed from its prison

I love the philosophical and hippie shit they were getting away with in the mid 70's. Gerber, Starlin, Englehart, McGregor, they were literally just dropping LSD and roaming around nighttime NYC pitching story ideas back and forth, or sitting the stairwells smoking pot.

RIP

>Well we finally got Mystik U after 2 years
Sounds pretty lame tbqh. Would've preferred Zatanna as a teacher with Klarion, Tim Hunter, Jakeem Thunder, Misty etc as students. maybe I'm just salty because that Klarion mini didn't just get shitcaned at 6 but had a "The End?" at the end and then didn't even get collected in trade. Fucking DC.

That was basically just Justice League Dark IIRC so it'll happen when the movie happens

The only downside to MU is that I was hoping it would be current young heroes attending and not a flashback, but Faust sounds like best boy so I can't complain

Vertigo, but Seaguy Eternal is the other one I'm waiting on

Jesus Christ please have mercy

Evening storyteller. Have you seen the Ivy League's newest meltdown yet?

Don't forget HERO DENIED

oh man, that book, of all books

pls share

Yeah, I was hoping for current heroes too.

Wonder if they'll use some of JMD's concepts again. Traci 13's Brother was a pretty neat character.

I saw King trying to get people to stop bullying them, but I missed whatever set them off in the first place

I really want to see what people were saying about this book at the time. I mean, this is before Tommy Westphall or anything.

Klarion was at the time the lowest selling book other than maybe that early new 52 book that got shitcanned at 3 issues

Can't blame DC for not doing the trade, especially since it was clearly Nocenti containment

And speaking of NOCENTI, she has a book with Aja over at Karen Bergers imprint

Cameron Stewart is such a fucking piece of shit.

>Don't forget HERO DENIED

Have you read the latest yet?

That was fucking amazeballs

Does BleedingCool die with them?

Hey it wasn't me this time!

On the Discourse note one of the prominent insane Spencer critics went at Sarah Horrocks in a display of pretty much straight up trolling.

It reminded me very much of that YA fandom article.

Now this is autism.

>Wonder if they'll use some of JMD's concepts again
Doubt it, his Phantom Stranger is most likely already retconed too. Too bad.

BleedingCool might be sold off if not, maybe just become Top 15 list husk like CBR

>feminist icon
I can think of like 20 billion female characters more deserving of this title than Ivy lol

Which one? There are a lot of unhinged people going after Spencer.

Who is Ian?

links pls

Nah, I think Forever People was selling worse. Still, both of them didn't even get trades, that's just... so shitty. Why does DC take so much pleasure in crapping on the little man?
>And speaking of NOCENTI, she has a book with Aja over at Karen Bergers imprint
I'm excited

Hey at least she isn't as upset at the Harley/Batman movie as Dickfags are

Dang, you're right about it being too bad.

Forever People not getting a trade still stings.

Aja's return to comics apparently

>tfw they had a story in a Daredevil black and white one shot and it was a fucking text piece

Marvel trolled me good

I haven't gone to my LCS because I've been working

probably Monday when I'm off

okay I gotta see this

>a shitposter on the internet has this much power
comics were a mistake

Fucking Didio himself did Infinity Man, if he couldn't get the trade made, sales projections must have been in the triple digits or less.

>excited for shit writing

For what purpose.

Also I'm curious as to how much that imprint will sell.
On one hand, people have been moaning that Vertigo is dead, but on the other, Image is one thing that caused it to be dead in the first place and could cause Bergers Books to die too.

twitter.com/IRossICampbell/status/898039114183962625

Also unreal:

twitter.com/Inkfacefahz/status/898044107582570496

Dickfags are right to be mad over Timm's shitty OC touching their husbando

>Poison Ivy
>feminist icon
Someone please show this idiot that page of Waller calling Ivy out on her bullshit.

Yeah, that Phantom Stranger run was so lovely. DeMatteis and Blanco worked together so damn well. But much like JMD's Spectre, the casual comic book reading crow hate the very concept of the books.

Dick is a slut and made to be raped though.

Oh HIM, I haven't even read it yet and I know it'll be good

How come there is never this level of shitpostijg for good. I could be twitter famous for spamming Legion!!

Says the guy who feels bad tweeting Snyder twice about the Metal Men in Metal

Sometimes you feel really bad for people you suspect are vulnerable, y'know?

I like Nocenti.

It's a shame, I wonder what it could have done if it hadn't had to be a containment book for Godhead's stupider shit.

Blanco was awesome on it.
And overall, they did the Judas thing better than anyone expected.

>Nocenti
>shit writing
Pick one.

Campbell is fucking nuts. Half the time I don't even understand what the fuck he is trying to say.

Waller's a better more feminist character fwiw

perhaps, he draws gud tho

>Dark Universe
>Hickman

May the lord save your soul if those are thoughts that taint your mind, Dave.

Hard question though:
Who would you pick to write Dark Universe?

Tynion was originally on it, I'd take Hickman over him

How has Tynion's writing of Zatanna over at 'Tec been?

Is she shit, Batman's cock sleeve, etc?

any good Dick salt?

>And overall, they did the Judas thing better than anyone expected.
Definitely. I find myself loving it more than his usual """mysterious""" angle despite the fact that I'm a long time Phantom Stranger fan. Loved Zauriel in it too. Blanco has looked good with every colorist he's worked so far but Brad Anderson+Blanco was my favorite so far.

As much as I like JMD, his JLD wasn't great either.

Priest? Just someone new to take a crack at it.

Holy kek

Christ this fucking shit.

Horrocks was right on the money about people just wanting to shoehorn whatever the trendy outrage of the day is into comics.

I read the first two issues of the American Way sequel, and boy would there be SO MUCH shitposting if anyone else on the board was actually reading it.
Turns out racial politics in the 1960s and 1970s were not an easy thing to deal with

Yeah but he's an obnoxious person and the sole reason why we don't have Seaguy Eternal. He's an unreliable prick, he also bailed on the western issue of Return of Bruce Wayne at the last minute and we got stuck with a shit fill in.

The whole "You're wrong for what I believe you are saying, but I don't have to define what that is" is legitimately nuts. Same deal with the other guy being given art tips he asked for and perceiving it as bragging. Both of them subtweeting while having this conversation too.

>Dark Universe
Shit name. Just get me Shadowpact. No more JLD shittery, no more Constantine and Zatanna.

Did twitter make itself worse again lately? Now when I try to scroll up tweet chains it randomly loads other tweets instead

>It's a shame, I wonder what it could have done if it hadn't had to be a containment book for Godhead's stupider shit.
I'm glad there are nicer Kirby books coming out now to balance out Godhead 2

I think it's just linked really badly.

Priest would be a disaster. JLD is a terrible idea and editorial were very shitty and wanted it to literally be Justice League with pew pew magic lasers so there was no hope.

I enjoyed the Orion special so much to weather through Venditti's shit like "Old Genesis"

There are people that seriously consider psychopathic characters as idols. You don't realize how many people consider Harley a feminist icon and it's revolting.
Goddamn I sound like Fag Landis.

Campbell's a big ol subtweeter which was funny when he dueled with the writer of Astro City because he's not nearly as good at it

Oh by far. Overweight, older, hardassed control freak bitch who was designed to be unattractive specifically to show she got her position through competence, not looks.

Damn, Nu52 Waller was SHIT. What kind of cocaine were they snorting to think making The Wall a skinny supermodel was a good idea?