ABC Developing Live-Action JETSONS Sitcom

>ABC has ordered a live-action adaptation of the classic cartoon The Jetsons, EW has learned. Based on the Hanna-Barbera characters, this updated multi-camera sitcom is set 100 years in the future and looks at America’s favorite future family through a modern filter.

ew.com/tv/2017/08/17/jetsons-abc/

Other urls found in this thread:

ew
youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
tv.com/news/the-munsters-reboot-in-development-at-nbc-from-seth-meyers-and-jill-kargman-15024021030008512/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Will Rosie be hot, is my main concern

>they even made the robot sexy
Fan art was a mistake.

>fan art

nope

not fan art, its from the new comic series

>Fan art
Oh you summer child. That was from that one shot from the Hannah Barbera line DC has. Rosie also had the digitized mind of George's mother who opted to go through the procedure instead of dying of old age.

That is the face of a whyboner if I ever saw one.

Wew

>ew
wow, the url read my mind

Is it still incest of your mom is a robot now?

Story time?

>George will be black
>Elroy will be black
>Judie will be white MtF trans
>Jane will be married to George's white boss but having affair with George

OH JEEZ

>inb4 racially diverse jetsons

This really makes you think.
youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

>inb4 George Jetson is black

Elroy will be :^)

modern filter
>George is a beta orbiter with a menial job
>Jane(his wife) is a super intelligent scientist while still being hot and a great mom
>Judy will be a social media icon but really smart secretly.
>Elroy will still be smart but have some sort of LGBTQR issue.

OP doesn't mention that the director from Back to the Future is directing it.

>On Sup Forums
>Can't recognize Amanda Connor
Fuck off back to Sup Forums

has he done anything good in the last 20 years?

>Looks like a Milftoon parody...

It is going to be a shitty Modern Family rip off
At least one character will be black
Judy will be MtF trans
Astro will never make an appearance on the show
Rosie will either look like a sexbot or will look like Data from TNG, which is to say an actor in shitty make-up

You mean Leroy Jetson

George's wife's son

>Leroy Jetson
>George's Wife's son

Calling it now

cap it

Half of Sup Forums is here for cartoons, which is what the Jetsons was.

I'm calling my lawyer.

>mfw I actually work with a guy who has his wife's son
>they're swingers
>she has a boyfriend
>He has a girlfriend
>her ex-husband (And the kid's father) lives in their basement
>homeboy literally takes care of the kid and treats it as his own
>they're literally into hocus pocus

I thought the nu-male was a myth.

So which one will be gay?

Remember, It's not cuckoldry if you fuck him in the ass sometimes.

they tried a Munsters remake, but the cgi cost was too much.

>100 years in the future
>through a modern filter
>future
>modern

NBC is actually trying to reboot the Munsters again

>The new series will reboot the original premise, with a family of terrifying but lovable monsters struggling to fit into everyday life. In a more modern move, however, the Munsters will be trying to blend in with the hipster crowds in Brooklyn rather than Mockingbird Heights.

tv.com/news/the-munsters-reboot-in-development-at-nbc-from-seth-meyers-and-jill-kargman-15024021030008512/

>fan art
user, I...

the walk wasn't bad imho

Probably this.

It's not. Rosie is Pseudo mom plus isn't it kinda fucked up if Rosie was his mom, he'd force her to be their fucking maid.

Have you ever seen one in the Flintstones?
they all were monkies back then

>ABC is owned by Disney
>Jetsons created by Hanna Barbera and therefore owned by Time Warner
How the shit does that work

Eat
shit.

>huuurrr let's reboot the munsters
>let's reboot the jetsons
>instead of coming up with something new let's keep rebooting and remaking and rebooting and remaking and rebooting and remaking and rebooting and remaking and rebooting and remaking and rebooting and remaking and rebooting and remaking and rebooting and remaking and rebooting and remaking and rebooting and remaking and rebooting and remaking and rebooting and remaking and
I would like Hollywood to get nuked.

Science Fiction stories have always been about the era from when it was created.

Not really a reboot if they're doing a live action one.

well Fox has Gotham (DC) and Legion (Marvel). NBC (Universal) had Constantine and Powerless - both DC shows.

I guess tv networks work differently than movie studios. Not everything can be thrown on WB networks like CW.

>Not really a reboot if they're doing a live action one.
So it's a remake. There's still far too damn many of them. Think of all the original scripts and even novels which will never see screen time because some studio exec wants to make Terminator XXIX or Little House: Prairie Bloodbath or some shit.

Flight is a genuinely good movie, although it has the benefit of being not overly flashy (unlike Zemeckis's usual films).

I don't really care about anything else going on in this thread. I just want more sexy Rosie.

Licensing and farming out shows to other networks so it's cheaper to produce. ABC is also the type of place this type of show might be way better suited for in terms of audience.

I have no real basis for this but looking at Hollywood I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these shitty ass scripts WERE original projects that the suits didn't have enough confidence in, so they slapped them onto an established IP to try and scam some tickets out of suckers. That's probably why so many of them seem to barely even resemble the original work (Ghostbusters 2016 seems to be the most high profile example of this, where you can tell that half the team wanted to make a Paul Feig chick flick improv comedy a la Bridesmaids or The Heat, while the other half of the team wanted to make a Ghostbusters reboot).

From what I could see that series is being done by Seth Meyers (guy that whines about Trump all the time) plus a woman whose only claim to fame is a crappy TV show about a mother in New York. The Munsters reboot is essentially a restructuring of that woman's hipster mother show so there really is no hope at all for the series being good.

That just destroys the whole joke.

Oh I've noticed that too. Films cost so much to make these days and investors want some kind of guarantee of a return for their money.