/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Queen of /ss/ Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Adventures in Wild Space #4: The Darkness (Aug 15)
Star Wars #34 (Aug 16)
Poe Dameron #18 (Aug 16)

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/893255006035427329
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/893255749937152000
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/893256175059324928
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/893533458135306241
twitter.com/EthanKnight/status/893547444767674368
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is she, /swco/?

Reminder that the Shield was up

Mace Windu

>Queen of /ss/
Okay, that was good, made me chuckle.

KENOBI MOVIE, thoughts?

Everyone's going apeshit over it.
Myself included.

I'll believe it when they start filming and not a moment before

Redpill me on shield gate?

Bloodline has me pissed.

>Carise gets off with no repercussions
>Ransolm fucking dies
>Leia's career is fucking ruined

I want to hate-fuck Carise so bad

But will he fart in an elevator?

>Carise gets off with no repercussions
She loses her treasured royalty bullshit, which, even though it isn't important on the galactic scale, it's the biggest part of her life. It's a victory you just have to take.

I still want to facefuck the ever-living shit out of her.

I pictured her looking like this bitch desu senpai

This. It's the one thing she holds absolutely dear so it's pretty much the biggest middle finger you could give to her.

Also Ransolm technically hasn't been killed yet.

Claudia Gray said she imagined Jamie Chung playing her.

Not a fan. Besides, I have my interpretation of carise already in my head. I pictured Casterfo as looking like Captain Argyus from TCW.

Day 407, Marvel is still too much of an assblasted faggot companie thay still dont release New Cannon Omnibus.
Yet they keep pushing their ever falling super hero lineup.
They should drop whatever heroes are left and focus on SW.

Memes lads

A challenger appears (though we got one dude who's in both bands, what a whore)

did we ever get lost stars?

Yes, it was released September 2015, some of us have even had a chance to read it

jar jar was merely a representative of gungans in the senate padme was the senator

I think he ended up taking over the senate seat when Padme died. Either way, he was acting senator whenever she was away, hence how the emergency powers thing happened.

jar-jar made the right call, i don't know why he gets all the blame, its the 1000 other systems fault just as much.

I assume it's kind of like a domino effect.

Jar Jar was the guy who was with the two guys longest so they didn't attach anyone else since it wasn't really considered important at the time. But then he went out to the desert and did all that extra stuff and it became important and suddenly Jar Jar is the only gungan with all the real facts. So even though other Gungans were in charge he was on for what I assume was an advisory role where he bumbled his way into success.

Then the original group he was a part of got a big party and he got a lot of fame so he got attached to the government where he presumably did a decent enough job for several years and contributed to the clone wars.

Jar Jar is the ultimate example of failing upwards. The only problem is that he somehow wound up as a clown. To continue the gag he should've been in charge of some big important group he has no idea what it does or how it works.

This. The release frame for Omnibus and collected are fucking nuts on the new canon.
And lets be honest here.. most of marvel Comics sales/profit comes from StarWars, not shit like X-SJW or the Avenshit.

The worst you could say is Jar Jar made the speech and thus was probably the face of it more than many.

But I can't imagine realistically that'd blow back on him much since the empire kept everything LOOKING civil even if there was brutality under the surface. By the time of Alderaan when they tried to get blatant it's two decades later and the poor bastard was probably about to retire anyway.

what happened to jarjar after the collapse of the senate?

he went home and occasionally danced for orphans

like that ronnie strip

i wonder if he ever met queen Julia again

Marvel Superhero stuff is a fucking tranwreck, the editors are happy to pump out disastrous comics that sell 5000-18,000 an issue that are doomed to near-instant cancellation.

I've been waiting for more Hardback collections, but they only released like 4 and then gave up. I don't want to buy the Lando/Leia/Chewie one if Obi-Wan/Windu/Maul will be stuck as paperbacks.

According to Inferno Squad, all Senators got arrested immediately so they could be interrogated for signs of supporting the rebellion. After Endor he ended up back on Naboo as a hated being.

>Obi-Wan/Windu/Maul
Same!
Also the lack of 1-24 type omnibus for the fucking "STAR WARS" Comics or "Vader Down", is retarded beyond anything I tought would be possible

Wonder if he was hounded latr on by second generation rebels/new republic citizens.
It only stands to reason that folks were looking at past to figure out how the empire happened.

hardeeharhar

i mean the manga chapter

Snoke is an ancient "vampire" that sucks the (life) force out of other people to stay alive. Someone will fail him at the end of the movie (Hux? Phasma?) and he will kill them and rejuvenate to become HANDSOME SNOKE.

Bonus points if he sucks out some of Rey's latent force ability and makes her weak in the force so that she only can rely on her combat skills (ala ANH/ESB Luke).

Is Snoke actually Stan Lee?

>The only problem is that he somehow wound up as a clown
I certainly hope someone fixes that. It's one of Wendig's big mistakes of oh so many.

also
>long fingers
>tall and pale
>first order has a red color scheme
>two holes in his neck

>two holes in his neck
Geez, imagine the size of the one that bit him.

That only really makes sense if Naboo in general was hounded. He was tied to Palpatine by the war that was across the galaxy, and by being born on the same planet. Jar Jar was neither Palpatines great confidante nor his best friend. He made one speech but that's essentially it.

I doubt it's an actual bite but more of a homage. He's supposed to look like sexy Nosferatu.

>awesome design as a literal sculpture man
>ruin it by making him flesh colored for NO FUCKING REASON

Reminder that Rogue One was better than TFA

I can see Jar Jar working in some kind of nonhuman coalition, if only as a figurehead. The royal family of whatever planet that was would probably like him, and lord knows Ryloth needs someone who knows what they're doing since their only leadership is either Orn or Cham. Odds are Dac in general isn't in a good place if their entire civilization needs to demilitarize, but Ackbar would probably lead the whole coalition in that case, which is a reasonable assumption.

Throw in Borsk Fey'lya as an obvious antagonistic force in that equation and you have a story in the works. Have the unaffiliated non republic worlds still be fighting the empire for a warlike backdrop post Jakku and that's a general skeleton of a story.

The only other real issue is just figuring out who the viepoint character is. You'd probably be best having some non-human pilot to tie the whole thing together, probably some dude kicked out of the NR navy due to demilitarization.

Reminder that Rogue One Stormtrooper armor is much better in every way than ANH to ROTJ shitty asymetrical (TOP KEK BY THE WAY) attemps at kids cosplay "armor"

We know

Yeah no shit.
Only retarded fagfot that say shit like "The Only canon material is ANH and ESB" refuse to see that ANH troopers just mook goofy compared to the 2016 Redesign.
I'm super stocked that this is basically the design we are going to stick in every Palpatine Era Movies for the next 30 yearrs.

nice phonepost, buddy.

I have literally never met someone who thinks the only canon material is ANH and ESB
I smell a strawman

>blue lines are vents
How this nigga supposed to breathe?!

JJ. FUCKING. ABRAMS.

He all but admitted it in an interview one time, specifically stating that he was using the Original Trilogy and the canon foundation of his movie, specifically ANH and ESB.

The guy does not give a fuck about Star Wars, I dont even think he like ROTJ.

>that spacing
>that engrish
I know you. He never explicitly said he disregarded the film, I think you're blowing this way out of proportions for shitposting purposes. And I fucking hate JJ.

>they recycled ANH for TFA
>they will likely recycle ESB for TLJ

When will normies wake up?

he can't

he's infamous

even pablo knows about him

I have perfectly find english mate, its just late and I am sleep depraved.

Anyways, what I said was true, JJ specifically said he was going into TFA s if the OT was the only canon, despite Lucasfilm obviously officially stating otherwise. Take it for what you will.

Based on JJ's attitude to George Lucas, and how he undid everything that happened in ROTJ, I have concluded that he is a typical "eww ewoks" moron too.

they won't. I got into an argument in this thread not even a week ago with sequel apologists arguing that Driver's comments about TLJ weren't indicative of it being esb 2.0 even though disney had him qualify his statement as if that wasn't evidence enough.

Or you know all the shots they've released so far with Planet utah looking remarkably like battle of hoth.

>and how he undid everything that happened in ROTJ
retard alert

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/893255006035427329

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/893255749937152000

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/893256175059324928

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/893533458135306241

twitter.com/EthanKnight/status/893547444767674368

>and how he undid everything that happened in ROTJ, I have concluded that he is a typical "eww ewoks" moron too.

you can be eww ewoks and still like Rotj, come now with facetiousness. Besides the fact they should have been kept as wookiees, it is completely reasonable.

You know porg shit is same thing, its all about selling toys.

If you aren't wearing Star Wars underoos this very instant you are literally a normie and a fake fan

>Han is no longer a general of the army, nor is he with Leia, he is back to being the loner Smuggler of ANH
>Vader was killed, but his grandson seems to be taking his place just fine
>Sheev too, is seemingly insignificant because Snoke is here
>Rebellion wins? JK Empire is back, Stormtroopers and all
>"Return of the Jedi" you say? Nope, all dead, time for the Jedi... To end.

What part of ROTJ actually mattered again?

Autism. I like Pablo and all but he's a testament that you absolutely shouldn't become obsessed with a fucking movie franchise. Become obsessed with something real, something helpful like history, politics, religion, medicine, community, business, psychology, anything except for a film franchise. Please don't waste your lives away guys.

>You know porg shit is same thing, its all about selling toys.
Not this shit again

>likely
>confirmed walkers
>confirmed hermit training the protagonist

You mean confirmed

>guy loves what he does and genuinely enjoys life
I'm sorry you live in your moms basement and can't enjoy life and have to shitpost on a Taiwanese puppy picture blog to feel important user

The guy is a creative executive and story group member for a franchise where he is helping tell stories that will reach audiences of thousands, millions even.

You think being a historian is somehow going to be more helpful and impactful? Seriously? Get fucked, there is nothing wrong with being passionate about fiction.

>inb4 'but I'm a total chad and do important things with my life guys!!'

I'm reserving my feelings until we know where in the timeline it's taking place.

well to be fair the EU did redo a lot of treads that they're just doing again user. They just used different names in the books.

Caedus did happen and Ben is NotJacen

They're just stealing from the old EU, that's really all they're doing and then they copy and paste it onto the OT movie structure, re-arrange a few ideas and then call them sequels.

I mean they made 2 billion with TFA. People want regurgitated ideas.

Don't you have a billboard to maintain?

Thanks for the spoilers cocksucker.

Its been 3 years faggot.

>2015 was 3 years ago
It hasn't even been a full 2 yet.

Bloodline released last year you dumb fucks

how does rex know computers, how does a algorithm work, and why would it work if it only has pre-citidel data.

normally i'd agree but he's getting paid for it.

it's not autism if it's work.

Oh shit I confused it with Lost Stars

I wanted to make a joke, but I dont know any edgelord music band for teenagers.

>ywn make a living talking about movies you love

Eat shit faggot not everyone has time to tear through all this content. Some courtesy spoiler tags would have been great but i guess thats too much too expect from a shitter like you.

I'm sure Pablo would love to answer that

Oh Maz, if only I hadn't been outbid, you'd be mine

Is Maz an ET? We already saw some of those in the Senate.

Still debating if I should just say fuck it and disregard any and all other engagements on Dec 15th and go to the earliest showing of TLJ or if I should just preorder for the midnight showing

In 5 years time you'll still be seating at the glorious ZERO (0) SW Canon book read anyway. Why bother.

??????

You spent more time getting cancer eating Lay's and drinking RedBull watvhing ADS ON your TV than it would take reading the whole SW cannon series 50 times.
They are literraly all 2hours books.

Post more Reylo!

Kylo is a neutered Jacen wearing a knock off Revan mask

He has arrived.

but Revan was a woman. Are you implying Ben is a cuntboy?
hot

you're thinking of kotor 2 user, revan was male

I fap at Porgs. Would you?