Dumbing of Age

Tonight, we get another one-strip scene change. I guess one Becky strip was enough to fill Willy's lesbian quota for several months.

And I hate to say it, but I agree with Walky in almost every line he spoke in this strip. I'm as Scottish as they come. Shepard's Pie is an abomination to tongues everywhere.

You know it in your hearts to be true, fellow Scotsman.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=shepherd's pie&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi82L-S9t_VAhVB5oMKHdmiBZwQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=625
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't shepherd's pie just mince, onions, and gravy topped with mashed potatoes with any other additions being solely the discretion of the cook?

Guess they're gonna shoot the shit while they vaguely describe the shit that went down with Amber and Ryan. Also talking about Walky's continued math struggles, cause nothing says good times at a bar like talking about math.

Have you ever had it?

Sure, all the ingredients seem harmless enough (and even tasty) in their own right, but until you've experienced the combined taste and consistency of several "true" shepherd's pies, you have no idea how awful it is.

Well, this is a whole lot of nothing. Again.
Also, I'm surprised Willis is drawing background characters in full detail. He didn't offer the same courtesy to Leslie's classroom.

Also, looks like I was wrong about the next two weeks being Leslie's date. Looks like we're going to be stuck with these two as well. Remember how Walky's tuition is apparently an important element of the overall DoA narrative that needs to be explored?

Also, pretty sure silver Sharpies don't work on hair like that. And I doubt it would look convincingly enough like graying hairs, even in a cartoon setting.

Also, unless that bike in the back is missing half of its handlebars and pedals, there's no way it's sitting flush with the wall.

Also, Jason's arms and torso and Walky's torso are copied and pasted between Panels 4 and 5. The only things that are changed are the coloring/shading and Walky's arm positions.

The password is "yelp".

who would honestly help Walkie at this point

he's got advanced faggotry

That's what the salt is for.

google.com/search?q=shepherd's pie&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi82L-S9t_VAhVB5oMKHdmiBZwQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=625

>Sure, all the ingredients seem harmless enough (and even tasty) in their own right, but until you've experienced the combined taste and consistency of several "true" shepherd's pies, you have no idea how awful it is.
It could be worse. But it's like eating ground beef. Which is weird.

If he took a silver Sharpie and went down from the roots in a few places, it would perhaps be convincing.

Also, it looks like it only has one pedal. Unsure on handlebar #2.

Yes, my grandmother made it occasionally. Beef and onions mixed on the bottom with a bit of brown gravy to keep it moist topped mashed potatoes. Sometimes she'd add a layer of peas and thinly sliced carrots, but mostly she kept the vegetables as side dishes.

If it's strictly a decoration then it's probably missing a handlebar and pedal. On a side note a bike on the wall is a stupid decoration.

Shepherd's Pie is grand ye tasteless Jock.

t. Yorkshire

>t. Yorkshire

Eat actual food instead of a whole fish baked into a pie crust and get back to us on that, bong.

If you think google image results are what typical shepherd's pie looks like, you've never had it, m8.
Sounds like your grandmother made some kind of tasty meat pie and just called it shepherd's pie. The veggies are kind of key to the whole thing.

Holy shit, what the FUCK is going on with the black dude in panels 1 and 2???

I get that he's moving from one side of Jason to the other, but could Willis have POSSIBLY drawn that worse?

I think not.

So...this is an exact rehash of what happened with Sal and Jason. Except I think they had fucked by this point. I'm pretty sure the guy in the background is the same guy Sal almost accidentally got Jason to 3rd base with due to her dicksplanations (joke, Jason didn't interact with barman).

I kinda wonder why? Walky doesn't seem like the type to go to a bar, and their relationship seems even less likely to lead to interaction than Sal and Jason's. Seems like a forced attempt to show how Sal and Walky differ.

Also Walky's intense lack trying with this whole math thing after his breakdown is still fucking infuriating. If he doesn't care, just let him not care, but making such a big to do and then having him be even more... lackadaisical is annoying.

Why is Willis' impression of British people so bizarre?

The fuck? Sheperds pie is hardly vegetables, it's ground beef on the bottom, the mash potatoes in the middle i guess can count as a vegetable, and then there's melted cheese on top and maybe sprinkle some peas in the middle of the mash potatoes.

Yes I mad because that shit's my favorite food.

The paneling just fucks it up and makes it look like he's got too much width.

For fuck's sake, Willis, if you're going to do the continuing panel thing, at least make the character line up.
What in Christ's name prompted this?

Also, he tracked him to a pub because he disliked the food? Is this one of those rare university towns where there aren't a half dozen different pubs to choose from?

All the shepard's pie's I've ever had were basically meatloaf with carrots and peas with mashed potatoes on top. That shit's delicious, but I'd believe the authentic recipe isn't as good, similar to how authentic Italian pizza is just bland flatbread.

I'm gritting my teeth as I do this, but I'm going to defend him this time.

The guy in the background is walking to the left. This takes more effort than if he had just copied it.

Shepherd's Pie is made from lamb or mutton. Using beef is Cottage Pie.

And both are delicious is made right.

...what's Walky doing under the table?

Shepards pie with sweet potato instead of regular potato as the crust is absolutely fucking delicious. I am a britbong though, so my opinion on food is only slightly worse than a yank like willis, except I have the advantage of actually fucking knowing what a shepards pie is.

Indeed, while the basic versions are really simple and rough you can add to it in a number of ways.

I just want to know what his 'too flavourful' comment ment?
Like, is it supposed to be some lame 'white people food' joke? Or has Willis never had Shepherd's pie in his life? Because there is no way one could describe it as 'too flavourful' unless it was Yanked in some way.

Use regular potatoes, but when mashing go easy on the milk, heavy on the butter, and add mustard seeds.

Also, use finely diced meat instead of minced.

Probably a "British food is bad" joke.

Yeah, probably.
In his head it was probably that or some kind of spotted dick or toad in the hole gag. Like neither has been done a thousand times by people a thousand times better than him.

Hiding. Because no one would have seen him crouch down like a weirdo. Obviously.

It's also weird to think that Walky would put the effort into Googling local pubs to figure out where his tutor would go. That is way too much effort. He might as well just study with that time instead.

Sucking Jason's dick for that sweet Pass grade.

If you add other ingredients it stops being cottage pie and becomes a Cumberland pie

>lesbian quota for several months
Maybe you meant several hours! I can't wait to know what my quirky vagina lover super lesbian is up to!

It's not flush, willes just can't into shadows.

Fuck off Willis.

Okay, I'm curious. Walky spent his tutoring session ignoring Jason and making fun of him using ethnic stereotypes. Now... he's stalked Jason by trawling Yelp reviews in the hopes that his tutor made some, so he could find out where he drinks, sneak into a pub, make fun of him again and...

...and...

...and I'm sure there's some kind of plan here. I'm just wondering what about it was so immediate and vital that it requires Walky to stalk Jason so they can have a public conversation.

He'll either apologize for being a shit during the tutoring sessions, or he'll continue to be a shit because apparently being childish means being completely autistic.

I get that's what he's going for but it still reads horribly. Shouldn't he be facing the same direction in both panels? It looks like one man bisected by the panel border

Thats what I do, I guess it isn't actually a shepherds pie.

That's more or less what Shepard's Pie is, but some people will say it has to be made with lamb mince, not beef.

>he might apologize

That's a possibility, and one I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I never thought of. In my defence, stalking the person you want to apologize down in their off-hours and opening the conversation with another insult wouldn't have occurred to me.

>I should apologize for antagonizing Bill.
>I'll trawl social media to find out where he hangs out, sneak in and insult him the same way I've been doing all day. He'll have to accept my apology then!

Then again, I don't have my own webcomic, so what do I know?

I feel like it would be worse if he apologized after insulting him again. Shit isn't funny and Walky's behaviour is so far-removed from any human being that it's insulting.