JUSTICE LEAGUE Spoilers (Post-Reshoots)

Steppenwolf's mission is to harvest planets with a machine that drains natural resources and beams them up to Apokolips through a portal created by three ancient Mother Boxes. He attempts to harvest Earth in pre-historic times, but is defeated due to an unexpected alliance between the amazons, the atlanteans and Green Lantern Abin Sur to defend the humans. The Mother Boxes are left behind and split among the three kingdoms.

On present day, Bruce Wayne arrives on Amnesty Bay to recruit Aquaman to his team, but Aquaman refuses. In London, Wonder Woman foils a hostage crisis, then receives a message from Hyppolita asking for help. She arrives on Themyscira just as Steppenwolf returns to Earth and reclaims the Amazons' Mother Box. Alfred has been monitoring alien activity on Earth and learned that several scientists have been kidnapped by Parademons.

Steppenwolf attacks Atlantis and steals their Mother Box. Aquaman attempts to stop him, but fails. Wonder Woman then returns to Gotham to ask Batman for help. Batman recruits the Flash, while Wonder Woman approaches Cyborg, who refuses. While Cyborg is away, his father Silas Stone is captured by the Parademons and the humans' Mother Box is also stolen. Cyborg joins the team as they meet Commissioner James Gordon, who has found the Parademons' nest in an abandoned tunnel between Metropolis and Gotham.

The team goes there, but are ambushed by Steppenwolf and nearly killed before Aquaman saves them. They rescue the scientists and learn from Silas that Steppenwolf has stolen Superman's body in order to harvest the Codex and enhance the Parademons with Superman's powers. Steppenwolf and the Parademons attack the Kryptonian scout ship in Metropolis, but the team intervenes. Superman returns and repels Steppenwolf, but is overwhelmed and flees. Wonder Woman learns that the Harvester is buried in an abandoned town in Venezuela and the team heads there to stop him. Steppenwolf activates the machine and begins draining the Earth, causing widespread destruction. Superman briefly reunites with Lois Lane and Martha Kent in Smallville before leaving to save Metropolis and then join the battle in Venezuela.

Superman and Aquaman defeat Steppenwolf, who is killed by Wonder Woman, while Batman disables the Harvester, Flash rounds up the Parademons and Cyborg reverses the portal created by Mother Boxes, sending them away. The team are celebrated as heroes for saving the world and form the Justice League. Superman reunites with Lois, Batman returns to Metropolis, Flash asks Iris West out on a date, Wonder Woman and Aquaman return the Mother Boxes to their rightful places, Cyborg makes amends with Silas, and the world is at peace.

The Big Changes.

Lex Luthor has been entirely cut.
Henry Allen has been entirely cut.
Deathstroke has been entirely cut.
Darkseid has been entirely cut.

The Knightmare is not addressed.

Wonder Woman is present when Steppenwolf steals the Amazons' Mother Box from Themyscira and vows revenge. This was included to set up Steppenwolf's new death scene.

Additional scene of Alfred picking up Batman in Amnesty Bay after Aquaman rejects him.

Additional scene of Flash and Cyborg discussing their backgrounds on their way to the Parademons' nest and developing a bond.

The Harvester subplot was entirely added in reshoots, restructuring the third act which was originally just an alien invasion.

Superman's subplot is altered. Rather than flee from Metropolis due to self-doubt, he does it to see Lois and Martha and let them know he's fine before immediately joining the battle.

Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine.

Additional scene of Superman meeting Alfred before heading to Venezuela.

Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name.

Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth. Now Wonder Woman will punch him into the Harvester's beam and disintegrate him.

Additional scene of Cyborg and Silas watching Cyborg's old college football games together.

Minor dialogue additions throughout.

>Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth. Now Wonder Woman will punch him into the Harvester's beam and disintegrate him.

This is Whedon, alright.

The Venezuela thing was revealed in a Funko Pop description, so either this is correct or developed from that. Sounds plausible to me.

>Lex Luthor has been entirely cut.
>Henry Allen has been entirely cut.
>Deathstroke has been entirely cut.
>Darkseid has been entirely cut.

I'm okay with literally all of this. The movie was WAY too packed before. The fuck was Deathstroke even there to do?

Isn't Henry Allen in the trailer...?

A very old one, released even before Snyder quit and the reshoot started

someone call screenrant,CBR,CB,comicbookcast2

Yes, but it might not be in the final cut. That happens a lot.

superman buried in smallville and the metropolis grave is empty

fake source
fake spoilers
gay

son of a bich

Pretty sure Deathsroke was suppose to break Led out of jail. And it was probably set up the Batman solo movie which was written by Geoff Johns and Affleck (said script was so terrible that it's been thrown in the trash. Now based Matt "Ape Kino" Reeves is rewriting it).

>Superman's subplot is altered. Rather than flee from Metropolis due to self-doubt, he does it to see Lois and Martha and let them know he's fine before immediately joining the battle.
>Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine.

I fucking want this to be true. How long is it going to fucking take before Superman starts to sack up?

Apparently Whedon didn't want to copy the Marvel method of leaving a cliffhanger and just wanted a complete story.

I Think that scene should happen in the batman movie good cameo for deathstroke

Stingers aren't the same as cliffhangers.

Probably fanfic as always but this is in the vein of Whedon's story beats. The over importance on Mother Boxes and the fact that Apokolips sat on its ass for all those years after their first defeat is still fucking stupid though. Also resource gathering? I guess Darkseid stopped giving a shit about wanting complete domination over creation

>movie ends in the cheesiest way
>cuts Deathstroke cameo
>never explains nightmare shit
>cuts Cyborg daddy issues arc
>fight is in a remote area in the world
>cuts Steppenwolf getting omegaed for GURL POWER
Fucking reshoots always ruin the fucking movie. Just look what happened to Suicide Squad.
Zack Snyder did nothing wrong

Would've been kinda nice to see live-action Deathstroke but I really don't think this movie needed another villain in it. Save that shit for whenever and focus on the main fucking plot.

Seriously, this is some good shit. I'm sick of self-doubting Supes. I know that Superman has doubts every once in a while, but it's not Superman when he's constantly fucking doing it.

UNITE THE SEVEN

>It's a giant portal in the sky episode.

Doesn't pretty much every major motion picture these days go through reshoots?

No. No it should not. It's stupid. It's as bad as the scene in BvS with Batman watching videos of the JL. It's clumsy cringy set-up.

New Gods movie when?

Hopefully soon. Get George fucking Miller on that shit and make it as classic Kirby as possible. Get that generic shit the fuck away from my New Gods.

Reshoots didn't ruin that movie, the fucking revolving door of editors and giving the final cut to a team that edits trailers.

>Thor Ragnarok is more Kirby than DCEU's New Gods
The fuck happened WB?

Maybe that's why movies are so shit now
That stupid habsberg tier chin triggers my autism. Why didn't they just give him his beard?

Wonder killer
Satanist and assassin
after killer thousands of german soldiers, she's killed again, again and again

Pure kino.

It's weird, certain Fourth World stuff looks fine like the boom tubes and Parademons but Steppenwolf and the motherboxes being allsparks look terrible

>George Miller to direct.
Literally why? When will this meme end?

Jesus fuck Cyborg is the blandest most predictably boring motherfucker ever. Honestly, what even are the must-read Cyborg solo arcs? What are some of his commendable exploits? What's his rogue gallery and how do they reflect on him as a character? Is Cyborg really nothing more than a walking LOL FOOTBALL joke?

It was an old rumor that people latched on to.

He was on the shortlist for a DCEU film. Can't remember which one, but anyways he's a great director that recently made an action movie so good it was nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards.

I personally thought Fury Road was mediocore(ha), desu.

Then you're in the minority, and not to mention it was loads better than anything in the DCEU.

To be fair, DC has been trying to flesh him out with his solo book

Based Whedon salvaging Supes.

He's beloved by normies now and would help DCEU's rep.

I would say get James Cameron but he's busy making Avatar 2 through 7.

oh my god oh Jesus

the rumors was true: Whedon is changing the movie

For the better, it seems.

No shit. Why do you think he was brought on? WB wanted him to make the JL movie more "fun" and "quippy" and in exchange Whedon gets to make his dream Batgirl movie.

>flesh him out
I wonder who's behind this post...

Why does he have to look like an alien.

Good.

So it's literally PORTAL IN THE SKY #69

If Snyder didn't leave we could have had another masterpiece

Maybe we'll get a Snyder's cut when JL comes to dvd

I can't believe Snyder was going to do Super-angst for the third time.

I personally enjoyed both MoS and BvS. SS clearly felt the backlash of "not muh mahvel movies" and was clearly fucked because of it. WW's first two acts were enjoyable, but that 3rd act was dreadful and felt extremely rushed.

DC could approach a lot of directors to help with the DCEU; but I enjoyed what Zach was doing. It's kind of a shame they ditched him. His cinematographer, Larry Fong, really needs to be overseeing the tones and cinematography of all the DCEU movies though.

> a machine that drains natural resources and beams them up to Apokolips

Hos can this even be allowed. Another cape movie where the heroes must stop a giant beam to the sky.

Christ.

I had hope but if this isn't just fanfic...

How do you take the New Gods, some of the most imaginative and grandiose characters in comic books, and turn them into the most generic alien invaders I've seen in a while

Also noticing this plot suggests little character motivation beyond 'we have to form the league and fight Steppenwolf'

People just doing things to move the plot forward

Why'd they bring in whedon of all people to cover for Snyder? Anyone with eyes could see how much their styles clash.

Last thing, nitpicking, but is abin sur 3000 years old? Green Lanterns getting only a cameo in this film feels like more of an insult than just omitting them.

Remember that woman in the cave scene from Age of Ultron?

>Anyone with eyes could see how much their styles clash.
That's exactly why, they wanted to pull a full 180° after BvS even if it was this late into the movie

Eh. fucking Batman and Superman have both killed already so it's free game.

All it took was Amazons, One City of Atlanteans, and a single GL to beat Darkseid's forces?

Why do I get the feeling Darkseid's forces are super-nerfed?

user, there's not much anyone can do to salvage this movie (and release it in a year).

The movie has to set up the return of Superman AND Apokolips and the parademons AND the formation of the league AND a quick rundown/introduction of the new JL members.

That is WAY too much for a single movie. Superman should have never been killed and Apokolips shouldn't be the first badguy of the JL.

That is too much for any director to handle

So is the portal going to be a color OTHER than blue for a change?

>Alfred has been monitoring alien activity on Earth and learned that several scientists have been kidnapped by Parademons.
So Bruce has just been letting Parademons show up on Earth? Like, even if they Boom in, it's clear he'd still be aware of them, why let them fester instead of taking them out early?

I learned everything I know about moviemaking from Lillian Ross's book Picture, and reshoots as a response to bad focus group reception has been going on since the 40s. It's honestly nothing new, especially in big movies.

I can forgive it if its revealed to be just Steppenwolf's personal war party. I don't understand why Darkseid would allow the defeat and left Earth untouched for so long

Why keep the boxes in the first place?

It's like leaving the key to your house hanging on the doorknob.

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Justice League is gonna suck and make less than Ragnarok at the box office.

Screencap this

>no deathstroke or darkseid
Fuck this gay earth

Isn't the whole Harvester thing basically just a redux of the Kryptonian terraformers from MoS?

>use Steppenwolf
>he just fucking dies
>no build to Darkseid
>no your new lord and master
>nothing he just fucking dies
I expected nothing good from Snyder and yet somehow I find this even more disappointing.

Better question is why are they needed?

Are there only 3 motherboxes in all of existence?

And Bayformers 2

And Fan4stic

>Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine.
That's nice.

The entire setup is dumb because Mother Boxes weren't uncommon among the New Gods and they're importance is so we can have ANOTHER fucking scavenger hunt plot. All of this better be a scam setup by Steppenwolf trying to overthrow Darkseid, because this entire thing is just weird otherwise

>wanting a pointless cameo of Deathsroke
Why? The movie is already bloated enough. And his scene is busting Eisenberg Lex out.

Cut that shit out.

I'm not sure how Sup Forums will take this movie.

There are Snyder-fans, Whedon-fans, Snyder-haters, and Whedon-haters, all in pretty equal number.

If it's bad, who will get the blame?

If it's good, who will get the praise?

Snyder wanted Steppenwolf to be killed by Darkseid for his failure.

Whedon didn't want to a cliffhanger. Plus it gives a badass moment to Wonder Woman, the DCEU's most beloved character.

>portal in the sky

>drain the earth

>find the special items

If it's bad, they'll blame Snyder, if it's good, they'll say it was Whedon. It's a lose lose situation.

>almost had Man Of Angst 3
While this is a positive, I could tolerate it if it meant seeing Darkside

I dont care how shit it is, i just want to see darkseid and deathstroke in it. Fuck that feminist cuckold and fuck firefly, hes ruined what wouldve been a bad movie with cool characters by taking away the cool characters

I will give the characterizations/interactions/dialogue praise to Whedon.

I will give the complicated story to Snyder/WB because a director can only do so much with (and WB probably wanted to rush to the JL movie and probably wanted a Apokolips villain to compete with Thanos. And Snyder said yes).

The action is probably 50/50

That would've worked better than hey here's some villain you've never heard of and then killing him off with no better purpose.

I mean shit, I'm pretty sure Darkseid killed Desaad in Kirby's run and just brought him back later. It's not a big deal.

>I'm not sure how Sup Forums will take this movie.
>There are Snyder-fans, Whedon-fans, Snyder-haters, and Whedon-haters, all in pretty equal number.
>If it's bad, who will get the blame?
>If it's good, who will get the praise?
Simple. No matter if it was good or bad, the arguments would not end until Batgirl comes out.

If Badgirl is good, then Whedon gets credit for a good JL or Snyder gets the blame for a bad JL.

If Batgirl is bad, then Whedon gets the blame for a bad JL or Snyder gets the credit for a good JL.

Basically it is not possible to separate the credit or blqame until we see Whedon working alone and make something without Snyder.

What about Mera? They better have not cut out best Girl. Though she probaly just has a scene when Stephenwolf invades alantis huh?

That so fucked up

He's a talented and unique action movie director who is good at making large scale bombastic stories with distinct, archetypal, over the top characters, and who is not afraid to be campy and ridiculous. Thats everything you could want in a New Gods movie.

Immortan Joe is almost Darkseid already.

is does not matter If it's bad, they'll blame Snyder, if it's good, they'll say it was Whedon

Neither and both. If it's bad, I'll blame both of then, if it's good, I'll praise both of them.

You don't rate the second unit director and the actual director separately, do you?

>Snyder wanted Steppenwolf to be killed by Darkseid for his failure.
>Whedon didn't want to a cliffhanger.
I feel like cutting Darkseid is more because Affleck isn't coming back and they will put a soft-reboot with Flashpoint, so it would be pointless to tease a new villain for this continuity

Snyder was the one who asked Whedon to come in and write and then later take over directing the changed in re-shoots.

how will you determine the movie is bad oh i know go to rotten tomatoes

If fear the opposite. I think Whedon lost his touch a long time ago, but the Snyder-fag minority is extremely loud and obnoxious.

I’m aware. Doesn’t matter whose decision it was.

BOOYAH

No sources mentioned for any of this.

WTF are you retard or some shit

>How do you take the New Gods, some of the most imaginative and grandiose characters in comic books, and turn them into the most generic alien invaders I've seen in a while

That's what Apokolips is used for nearly every introduction story, retard.

It could just be that they decided it was not worth the effort to go back after their first minimal force, where they didn't expect any noticeable resistance, was repelled.

And how, pray tell, is Batman suppose to prevent it? Build an anto-Boomtube shield around Earth and teleport to each instance of parademon sighting in a blink of an eye?

>skybeam draining earth

Bravo DC, truly amazing

They should have stayed with the alien invasion angle. It's been done (Avengers) but not in the DCEU and would have been a better excuse for Steppenwolf.

>harvest planets with a machine that drains natural resources and beams them up to Apokolips through a portal created by three ancient Mother Boxes
OH COME THE FUCK ON!!!