Which code is actually better?

No Grey cheating bullshit.

The Clone code.

>tfw you like what the Sith are preaching better but knows it leads to the bad Juju route so you don't take it

One is literally run on misunderstanding and edgy apprentice tier tantrums that always ends badly for them

The other is the mantra of a church/brotherhood of knights that at worse doesn't let you dick rando twi'leks every now and then.

Hmmmmmmm.....

The Sith code kinda just describes reality. Peace is a lie through the very nature of entropy and change. Everything else kinda just explains that being passionate about something can make you strong and therefore overcome obstacles.

The Jedi code is fucking ridiculous. Erase all emotion. Combat fucking death? Have no passion for anything?

the dark side is literally some Megatron-esque evil to the point of idiocy bullshit

Left, obviously. I assume that's the Sith?

I feel like half the problem with both Jedi and Sith and the fandom reactions to them is that George Lucas originally based the Jedi off of stuff he saw in Samurai films and gleanings of Eastern Philosophies.

So naturally, he failed to actually capture the Eastern philosophies of warriors and religious sects therein. What we get is a limp-wristed, impotent, and misleading version filtered through the eyes of a classical example of a weaboo.

This leads to the Jedi ending up endless fools in the scheme of the Star Wars universe.

Meanwhile, for the passionate and self-interested (with no offense intended) Western man, of course the Sith are far more appealing. To the Sith, the Force is something you can harness and control. Something you can exploit for your own gain and face no ramifications. Something immaterial that promises material rewards.

The end game is a material-less enlightenment as a reward for effort and shedding worldliness. But the fruits of it are never shown in Star Wars because George Lucas sucks, which leads to the EU sucking.

No wonder everyone in the West love the Sith who use the Darkside to achieve physical immortality and build monstrous machines.

When you put it like that... Hell, considering the OG Sith were Barbarian Aliens that the Dark Jedi subjugated, it makes sense... Wait, are Jedi Space Christians and Sith Space Muslims?!

>muh Sith combat harsh reality
>uses entropy as an argument

WEW LAD

Hey, now that you mention it, who would be a Sith or Jedi from already established characters?

The Jedi Code isn't that bad, it's just fucked to all hell and needs a look over. The whole point is that the Sith are an appealing lie, that the Sith code promotes this twisted sense of "freedom" by giving oneself over to their base emotions and indirectly chaining themselves to repeating the same mistakes over and over again without end.

The original concept of the Jedi were as just a long extinct order though, the code shit and stuff like that were a product of KOTOR and EU shenanigans.

The Sith (also a product of universe expanding not intended in the original trilogy) sound more appealing now because there's more thought to it placed into them beyond "evil space wizards" again thanks to the EU and KOTOR. They still stick to the roots of evil for the sake of evil cause that's what the dark side is.

I appreciate the ideas behind this but the way they made the Jedi Order into completely unrelatable dickheads all about "muh order" sucked and it only made the Sith sound more appealing despite literally being Space Cancer. I'd hope the push for a new EU will inevitably lead to a better thought out way of making both shades be appealing and not just sci fi SMT Law and Chaos routes with "No thank you please" Neutral/"Gray Jedi" being the obvious answer

Factions are fun.

That does make a lot of sense.

They are knights in space. Or Samurai I guess so Space Shintoists.

Jedi. He's all about helping others, exercising restraint, and improving oneself.

Jedi superman actually would be pretty neat to see.

>Hey, now that you mention it, who would be a Sith or Jedi from already established characters?

>Obvious Sith
Red Skull
Vandal Savage
Doctor Doom
Lex Luthor
Megatron

>Obvious Jedi
Doctor Strange
Captain America
Spider-Man
Optimus Prime

Just to name a few. I do have problems with other characters though. Take Stark for example. Sure, he's a super-hero and all, but he's overly protective of his IP & Tech (Armor "killed guys for wearing armor" Wars), is materialistic as hell and always wants to instill his POV to the world. What is he?

Stark is a Bounty Hunter.

Eh, takes away from his hands-on trait. He's someone who leads, not a guy who's given orders.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

The real tricky and sad part with the Dark Side is that it's corrupting. So if Stark had any force sensitivity at all, he'd pretty much be doomed to slide into the Darkside without some MASSIVE personality and perspective changes.

Sith are terribly prone to trying to force their outlook on the whole galaxy.

Ever notice how Jedi don't try to build empires and tend to just support existing governments and otherwise live in temples?

sadly, it seems even fucking Disney/Abhrams want Neutral/Gray Jedi to be the answer given the whole "The Jedi Must End!" shit in The Last Jedi.

Also, Raven might be another example of a Jedi. She's got a lot of darkside inclinations, but she exercises a lot of self-restraint and has made many sacrifices to remain a good person.

>no grey

Fuck off that is the best, most realistic one

Of the two choices the Jedi is the better of the them but I'm pretty sure the Jedi code was intentionally flawed

It doesn't hurt that in the EU the abilities of the Sith became INSANE and the Jedi just didn't keep up.

Also the Sith are attractive precisely because the Force is not a god. If the Force were a god it would make sense that you'd probably want to listen to it and pay attention to it, but insofar as the Force is often explicitly shown not to be a god, why would you want to take its so-called "will" seriously? It's just a mindless paranormal energy source, and you can do with it what you see fit.

>So if Stark had any force sensitivity at all, he'd pretty much be doomed to slide into the Darkside
Well, his suit is red already. Just swap the gold for black and he fits right in! Sith Stark would be pretty interesting, all things considered. Imagine Doom going all Zen and becoming a Jedi (kinda like in Infamous right now) while Stark goes Sith. Wew.

Ah, Darkside power creep, yet another annoying thing with the EU because everyone wanted their Sith Lord to be super badass but others wanted to keep Palpatine badasser, leading to a literary armsrace to make stupidly overpowered Sith everyone was fine with.

And then in Genndy's Clone Wars and various Star Wars games everyone proceeds to bitch about the power levels of the Jedi cast.

And yet another Jedi.

Either Jedi Doom, or Doom would be an example of a sith who manages to keep his head while wielding the power of the darkside.

Sith code is better. They're actually honest with what they preach.

I guess the Jedi's do as well. There's peace when they're not around.

>Captain America
>Obvious Jedi

You mean Sith, right? That Hydra shit hasn't gone unnoticed.

The Je'daii order (ala grey cheating bullshit)

Owning a force hound would be pretty great tho

>Jedi or Sith

So do I want to be a pussy retard or an edgelord.

>*pussy DESTROYER or an edgelord

Jedi at least get mad appreciation splooshing (that they have to reject) Sith get nothing but force powers they can use when projecting their disapproving fathers onto sparring matches.

I'm not sure which term applies to Sith or Jedi.

>Tfw cucked by The Force

Not even Gray Jedi are safe from the NTR powers of the Force.

the sith one definitely sounds better, the way all stuff kinda flows together, with passion giving you strength and yadda yadda
the jedi one is just a bunch of statements with no real connections

Zayne scored. Eventually.

Both are inherently wrong
In most media Sith are portrayed as twirling-mustache villains, with little rhyme or reason behind their motives
Meanwhile, Jedi are rarely ever portrayed as the sterile, emotionless assholes

>Limiting ones self
ishygddt

Didn't this dumbass die because he let his kids go wild by themselves? So much for that balance.

Depends on your perspective i guess, the Sith are very self interested and only help each other when it advances their own personal agenda.

While the Jedi are more about helping those around them, and those in need. I do think the "no emotion" line gets misinterpreted the most however. It's more Jedi shouldn't let personal bias and feelings affect there decisions, not that they should shut out all emotions. At leat thats my interpretation.

Plus i kind of think theres room in both the Jedi and Sith to have different schools of thought, each enclave having their own small variation on the philosophies.

Siths are always so /fa/ and aesthetic

The Sith Code is actually wrong. Passion and the force don't set you free, they just make you a slave to your passions. The emotions that you use when channeling the dark side become stronger, which means you use them more, which makes them even stronger, until you're incapable of disobeying. That isn't breaking your chains, that's shackling you to a sinking ship.

The Jedi Code there isn't great either, but remember that it wasn't the original Jedi code either.

The original code went:
Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

It was more nuanced, admitting that all of those things existed, yet still stating the virtues that a Jedi was supposed to abide by despite the existence of hardships and obstacles such as chaos, death, and ignorance. It was a call to rise above those flaws rather than denying that they exist.

Of course, the problem with nuance is that it's hard to get new people to really internalize that. So as the Jedi Order developed, the simplified the code into a mantra of denial rather than one of aspiration. That might have worked during the thousand years of peace preceding the Clone Wars, when the Jedi could just withdraw from the galaxy and be monks, but it wasn't suited for war. The old school Army of Light with its Jedi Lords were gone, and the Jedi Order of the prequel era had decayed to the point where it could no longer keep up with the Sith and their machinations. They weren't able to deal with that kind of complexity anymore, they had grown too simple during those centuries of peace.

>In balance with chaos and harmony

Exactly the nonsensical bullshit I expected from Greyfags.

>doesn't let you dick rando twi'leks
Wrong. The Jedi code forbade attachment, not sex. Even Obi Wan ha a sexual relationship with another Jedi for a while. If anything, Jedi are required to pump and dump only, no attachment, no monogamy. Anakin broke the code because he married Padme, not because he impregnated her.

Not nonsensical at all. It's a matter of macro and micro

Stark would be a jensaarai.