Riri WIlliams

Just fucking die already!

Terrible terrible writing, is it impossible for Marvel to write good female characters?

She's a shit character with a shityy personality who adds nothing to Iron Man. She should get raped to death by Fin Fang Foom.

what if she wasnt written by bendis, the writer

Because they aren't interested in female 'characters' they just want representation.

Not ONE of these new characters has undergone any tribulations that actually mattered nor do they have personal faults or issues they need to overcome. They don't want to tell a personal story or a story in general, just throw out shooty political statements.

Bendis?

children cry, adults read DC

The comic book writer, that Bendis?

Adults don't read or buy comics, you fucking spastic.

Well one thing.

I would put her way from tony stark and allow herself to grow. She doesn't need to steal something from tony stark. She will build herself mecha suit. Tony stark shouldn't notice until she save a city or build a better version of tony iron-man suit.

Toni Ho.

The comic book writer Benis that writes for Marvel?

Yes. Bendis.

>not liking literal Black Yass Queen
That's a paddlin'

>Latveria is now a shit hole

FUUUUUUUCK YOU! Seriously take one of the most interesting parts of Doom and just throw it under a bus because 'dis country need schools yo'. They could have literally written some new country to do this too but no, fuck with Doom some more I am sure your audience will fucking LOVE that. FUCK! This is why everyone hates these new characters, they throw established characters under the bus to make these new heroes look good when all it does is make them look even more fan fiction tier.

Riri is having a never ending nigga moment I swear.

>FUUUUUUUCK YOU! Seriously take one of the most interesting parts of Doom and just throw it under a bus because 'dis country need schools yo'. They could have literally written some new country to do this too but no, fuck with Doom some more I am sure your audience will fucking LOVE that. FUCK! This is why everyone hates these new characters, they throw established characters under the bus to make these new heroes look good when all it does is make them look even more fan fiction tier.

Actually, Doom left his country and the country went into the toilet.

>being this triggered
Oh, you sweet summer child.

YAAASSS SLLAAAAAYYYYY

That Bendis shit is so old and tired, but I still giggle everytime. Why is that?

It's impossible for these writers to do so because they are stuck on the whole women aren't equal. Women have equal rights but there are still things we need to work out. They need to stop trying to write a real woman who achieves a power fantasy, and write a fake woman that is fantasy.

I feel Toni is pretty overrated in these discussions. But yeah, I like her a lot more than Riri. Sucks she'll always be obscure and probably wont show up in the main IM title.

Oh, Riri is a filibusterer! I'm sure those nice people know that civilians attacking foreign countries without the consent of Congress is a felony and have come to arrest her, right?

The funniest part is that Rhodey already had a niece that had her own armor. That's a teenaged black girl with a pre-existing connection to the Iron Man brand that could have been tapped into. Instead, Bendis killed off Rhodey, put Tony into a coma, and didn't acknowledge Rhodey's niece in any capacity just so he could push his super original OC.

Not even an unprivilleged black man is free from Marlel's feminist agenda!

and not just for diversity, but for royalty money.

Basically comes down to generic greed.

Because it's absolutely true

Jason Todd her already.

How exactly are a group of fat old white middle-aged nerd shuti-ns supposed to write a hip young teenage trendy woman of color in the first place?

Their experience in dealing with this demographic is the girl at the checkout counter at Burger King. Of course the whole thing will be total shit and never actually attract the target demographic because it is too damn obvious that this is the product of fat old white guys who rarely even speak to a woman if they ever have in the first place, attempting to write one.

>better version
still insulting to tony's fans
if you want to hype her up as the next generation of tony's legacy, have her make one that sucks, but is better than what tony made when he was that age. then you can have him get interested in her as being the student that will one day surpass him
not the character introduced out of nowhere as having surpassed him

who forces you to read her book again?

Oh fuck off, Latveria is inconsistent as shit about that and always has been

she can die on my dick if you know what I mean

Sure are a lot of racist nazis in this thread

/thread

ISN'T RIRI WILLIAMS DOPE, ANONS?

You're baiting, but I'll bite anyway. The awful thing about the character isn't that she's a black woman. Its that she's poorly written, and Marvel thinks they can get away with that by claiming diversity points. If anything its upsetting that Marvel won't create a more interesting, nuanced character. Kamala Khan, for example, was a well-crafted diverse hero. Riri isn't.

I'm more pissed that Rhodey had a genius black niece who already showed that she could pilot an Iron Man suit, and then Tony just throws all of his shit at this new random girl.

>'m more pissed that Rhodey had a genius black niece who already showed that she could pilot an Iron Man suit, and then Tony just throws all of his shit at this new random girl.

She will be written like RIRI, so what is the point?

This, but unfortunately Bendis is incapable of doing research.

>Your daughter is she's overthrown the government of Latveria.

That is some lazy writing to try and set up the "Your daughter is dead" fake out.

It's bends, mediocrity is the norm. I don't know why you'd read it.

It would be logical but OC = potential royalties.

Maybe she can be shat on to death, instead.

That is the point, She learn it from her own and tony only notice her because of her iron-suit.

Bendis isn't fat anymore, tho he doesn't look much better.

>Bendis and family dies from poo dot jpeg

I'd really like Riri to see good writing, to be honest.

It's also sad that in terms of feministy science heroes she's getting a lot of push whereas they just let the new Wasp who was actually a fun interesting character die out(which in turns mean we won't see as much of Janet either).

I don't think it's impossible for a white dude to write a diverse character WELL. Even Chris Claremont back in the day did a better job of it. Nobody can be aware of everything. But people aren't really reaching out to their audience as much or putting much effort in, not to mention how few diverse creators there are in Marvel to bounce off of as well.

It's funny that both the right and left seem to agree Marvel's diversity push was a bit disingenuous, for somewhat different reasons. Not enough vs. too much.

I will say tho Ultimate Spider-man(up to a point) and Alias were great comics and I'm really glad they exist. USM especially is a huge part of what got me into comics. Miles Morales is a little vanilla, but still a very likeable and iconic character also. His story arc was actually pretty well done in USM. I haven't been following since he got folded into the 616verse.

Bendis is sort of the Moffat of comics, he can write good stories when he's on a leash and sticks to what he's good at.

I actually agree with this but I think a lot of people are using it as a smokescreen. A lot of people who claim to care about diversity actually want to see less of it and just like Kamala because Sup Forums has a weird fetish for cute brown girls.

If I had to write Riri, I would make her a villain in a instant.

And she would the black female version of what if Amanda Waller and Dr. Eggman did the fusion dance.

I TOLD YOU THIS GIRL WAS DOPE, YO

I'd just make her the Bonnie to Zeke's Clyde.

which was automatically better than the one he was using.

because she was black and female. seriously, that's about the only reason her suit rivals the man who's been making them for decades. no learning process, no prototypes. she simply sets off to do it and is automatically better at it than the guy who refined the art for multiple decades on end.

She's gonna need a big suit after that fusion

They had a lot in the past, storm, rogue, carol danvers, yeah she was already pretty and badass in the past, Felicia Hardy, Mary Jane ... marvel already did good thing

DC is starting to become just as bad.

Too bad that Marvel is giving Mary-Jane and Black Cat are getting the shaft just because of Gwen's sudden popularity.

With that awful Black Cat and Silver Sable movie coming out, at least one good thing to come out of it is Felicia putting a end to that idiotic villain phase.

Been a while since I've read DC or Marvel, but I heard DC was whooping Marvel's ass ever since Rebirth dropped. Partially because they're not doing what Marvel is doing. At least not to such an extent

solved all the problems

they have schools now

SCHOOLS

>no schools

>Riri is more intelligent than Reeds, Bruce, Stark and Doom combined.
>Takes over Doom's country and solves all of its problems in an instant.

If I want shitty Mary Sue fanfiction, I'd go and search fanfiction.net where this tripe should also belong.

How would you improve her?

Make her a villain.

We hardly get any black female supervillains.

Tony-level intellect who feels like people her age can't connect with her. Also can't fight for shit and relies too much on preprogrammed fighting routines in the armor.

So he went from a Kingpin cosplayer to my dying uncle. Why bother losing the weight in the first place?

Throw her into the dumpster with other failed characters, hope in 20 years or so she can be brought back by a competent writer who completely changes the character to not be so shit.

>Just fucking die already!
Edgy teenager, or sjw false flagger?

Naw, Riri isn't more intelligent than Reed, at most she's more intelligent than Stark.

Moon Girl, on the other hand, is supposedly the current smartest person in the Marvel universe, even smarter than Reed.

Would you read Demon in a Bottle remake with Riri Williams?

Those are SJW, they only watch the covers and complain about not being a woman or a minority.

Sounds like a really autistic narcissistic bitch, if she doesn't get her shit wrecked soon and learn humility, the comic is going to die, and I hope it happens.

Jesus comic writers suck at writing smart people

>How's an old white man supposed to write a black lady?
I think that's overthinking it. It should be easy to write any color of person because people aren't their demographic. When you start saying, "Oh, x percent of black people are like THIS" and you feel you have to write that in, then you're being kind of racist.

Which is why a lot of the new "progressive" characters are so frustrating. They're not always writing people. A lot of times they're writing "a black" or something weird. "A woman". Like a person whose whole life revolves around being a woman and representing some statistical data about women - or at least some peoples' perspective of that data or what the data means.

>self made
I thought she was an Inhuman?

>Lego = Most Super Intellegent Person on Earth

Why?

nowadays it seems it's impossible for Marvel to write any character good, male or female

>progressive writters suck at writing people with above average intelligence
FTFY

Who the fuck is this supposed to appeal to? What's the draw? Also this art is shit.

>is it impossible for Marvel to write good female characters?

It isn´t, but they don´t need to, characters like this are made to pander to a group of people who don´t care how good a character is, they just care if the character is part of a "oppressed" group.

And they get away with it because comic book readers are faggots with no standards that will keep buying no matter how shitty their comics are.

this

It's possible that a black girl could be a nerd, be boy crazy, be into sports, fashion, skating.

Or maybe she talks like a valley girl, or loves reading poetry, or history.

Maybe her spare time is spent playing Starcraft or League of Legends, or FIFA 201X

But none of that is stereotypically 'black' so no she can't do that.

>next
>five things you didn't knew about tony stark.
Great, they are going to shit on tony even more, bravo marvel, kicking a dead horse.

Tony stark and the rest of the original cast were pretty shit when they started too

>still reading capeshit
Seriously, why are you doing this?

It really did seem like that was being set up, too.

That's not a problem specific to comics.

It's not always that, even. Part of it is kind of the new age ideal of oppression being skin deep. The idea that there's an implicit hierarchy in the world based on your color. As demographics, that does kind of exist. You see more black people in poverty than white people in the US, but the comics aren't translating that.

They tackle the issues with a half-cocked interpretation of the world in mind. Like a black person is going to be oppressed, or all women are going to be so sympathetic to feminism that they'd let themselves be beaten unconscious with a hammer to demonstrate solidarity. You know, because the demographic information is being depicted as deeply, irrevocably true for all people.

But while a white guy is more likely to be rich in America, we all know that white skin doesn't mean you're better off. Black skin doesn't mean you're destined to fail. Humans are not their demo. A well-connected black guy is a well-connected black guy. Who are his connections? How'd he make them? That's the story you can tell. But you can't depict every walk of life converging at the same point based on race or gender. It's not like that and it'll never be like that.

If a girl like playing Starcraft, maybe that says something about the kind of people she befriends, and that fleshes her out, but maybe it's not important. It depends. Hobbies reflect a person. They don't reflect a demographic. Black people can vote Republican. They can be rich. They can hold any ideals and that is specific to the person.

A company cares about demographic data. A researcher cares about it. But only an idiot writes a person as a demographic. Only an idiot thinks statistical data speaks tales of one man. National demos mean nothing. A guy in Kentucky leads a different life than a guy in New York. Virtually everything is more important than race. Most things are more important than gender.

>Black people can vote Republican.

No they can't.

Don't read that many comics, where is this from?

The white dude is right, though. Republican financial caution is a myth, the military is stronger than ever, and republicans do not seek to empower the individual.

The Republicans not being financially responsible wasn't the guy's point, though. The white guy just thought the black guy couldn't vote Republican because it's voting against a black guy's self-interest.

The thing is, though, Democrats aren't really doing anything for black people individually. They're mainly just more supportive of welfare, which is liable to appeal to black people as a demo but doesn't mean anything to a dude who's not on welfare. That guy is probably not on welfare, ergo maintaining welfare must not resonate with him.

I remember reading an autopsy of the Hillary campaign about this. Part of their problem was that they thought non-white people had to vote Democrat, but when the Democrat is kind of a corporatist it turned out people weren't beholden to their skin color like that.

>The Republicans not being financially responsible wasn't the guy's point, though
It's quite literally the first thing he praises.

Quantum & Woody, I think.

Yeah, but he praises that because it's one of the first things all Republicans say they like or want from their party. Nobody ever says "I vote Republican because I feel like the oil companies will do less damage than the teachers union". Virtually zero people get that "feel good" thing from beltway reality.

Yes, and while it's true that Republicans could give two shits about fiscal responsibility, the white guy in that comic didn't refute that point. He just said "BUT YOU'RE BLACK THO"

A good writer has an intuitive understanding of the structures that govern human life and behaviour, and is thus able to represent the life of characters even lightyears away from his own

But there's very few good writers at Marvel, and they're sure as hell not on any big titles.

posting from earlier thread

this sounds like the people who think that internet access is more important than clean water for remote African villages

>filename is "what"
>not "whatdidyousaytomebitch?illhaveyouknowigraduated..."

>woman of colour

>Colored woman