Why is it back?

I love Bojack, but season three seemed like a fine way to leave things. Sure, we don't technically know what happens after the season three finale but I was satisfied with it as far as the overall story of Bojack. The somewhat cliffhanger ending seemed like a fine way to end a show like Bojack off on.

Season four premiers in less than three weeks and it seems like no one cares. I just don't understand where the show can go. Does Bojack get his shit together? Does the season focus on the side characters?

I just don't feel like the new season will have the impact of seasons two or three.

Pandering garbage

it doesn't end until he kills himself

If it doesn't end in group suicide then i'm not happy

3 more weeks to go

It'll be him trying to make up and be a good parent to his daughter before realizing he's just as bad as his own parents (in a different way) and telling her to fuck off before plotting to set her up with Penny's brother so that he can vicariously be part of their family through her while getting the satisfaction of abandoning his daughter since Penny's family would never let him back around.

>s04e01
>silhouette of bojack kicking a chair over
>the end

Fuck.

It's going to be Danny Phantom season three all over again.

Take a decent show that had everything but a decent ending, and then spend an entire season fucking ruining everything the show was.

>The entire season will be available for stream September 8th

They're just dumping all of it? This is a show that derived its entire drama from not giving the viewer any closure, whats the endgame?

I can already tell you how this is going to go:

Bojack comes back, tries to apologize to Todd, we break the "fuck" premise of having characters who say "fuck" irreparably severing ties after using it because while it worked for some of the characters in Bojack's past it doesn't work for Todd, the second most important character of the show. Bojack confronts his daughter, we get a Princess Caroline/Mr PB/Diane/Todd subplot that goes nowhere, a character comes out as trans, we get a hastily edited Trump episode, Mr PB is the one who uses "fuck", Bojack fails to off himself, and season 5 gets announced for Spring 2018.

This show thrived off of having no status quo other than "Bojack is a piece of shit" but you can't hold on to that type of premise without doing some seriously daring shit. Sure, they've done some shit like make Bojack absolutely unforgivable and killing some minor characters, but how long can you run a show without any sort of climax or resolution?

I know that's LITERALLY the premise of the show and Bojack's life but how long will people keep watching it?

I want to see his 4 beautiful rings

We never even got a fucking preview, they're willing to have every episode out at the same time but not show us a preview? I get that Netflix doesn't have to work the same way as network TV but it sounds like they're just trying to clean their hands of it.

This show isn't even three years old yet, even relatively short lived shows like Gravity Falls kept people interested. Bojack was supposed to be THE CARTOON and theirs absolutely no hype for it at the three year mark? Bad fucking sign.

It is kind of sad that the new season has absolutely no hype.

I've never seen a show go from "the greatest cartoon of all time" to not even having a preview three weeks out from a season premier.

what did you expected, season 3 really went up there in all departments, they made Bojack's life even shittier without much thought, added drama where there shouldn't be none, flanderized most of the side characters and made vague and empty social commentary.
it wasnt the worst, but its definetly not up to the size of season 1

Steven Universe is going out the same way

Season two is regarded as the peak, not saying your point is incorrect but season one, in my own, and in critical opinion, wasn't super great.

EVERYONE was fucking talking about the show this time last year after season three dropped and the hype train was going all summer before it premiered too.

Actually come to think of it this is the first season not premiering in the middle of summer.

They can't compete with Pickle Rick

I really loved season 3. Season 4 worries me because the show kinda reached its limit I feel. Each season has had the same basic structure. How many more times can we see Bojack go through the realization "Oh things are going pretty great in my life, I'm still getting several opportunities as a washed up actor, but I fuck up all my relationships with my narcissism and never learn from my mistakes"? If Bojack is gonna have seasonal rot, this is definitely where it will start. I hope they do more with season 4 than what I expect from it, and that it's the end of the show.

If a three year old show hits seasonal rot its because it wasn't fleshed out enough to begin with.

Steven Universe is going to hit five years old next year and they're JUST getting to the main plot line right now.

I honestly didn't think Bojack was coming back because I was satisfied with the season 3 finale being the series end.

>they're just dumping all of it

is that not what they did the past seasons?

I have no idea I don't actually have netflix.

Trailer when?

We're not getting one, their just dropping it off and moving on. Netflix seems like they want nothing to do with it since I can't find anything about it on the website, just third party websites.

Their has been almost no promotion of the new season.

That's really fucking weird, I know season 3 didn't get the same amount of love as the first two but the lack of marketing seems like an exaggerated reaction. I doubt we won't get a trailer, maybe we just have to wait a little more.

Seasons two and three both have a 100% approval rating on rotten tomatoes and a 1% difference in rating according to meta critic.

Maybe it got hate on Sup Forums but in general it was extremely well received.

>We just have to wait a little more

Its here in less than three weeks, why even bother at this point?

The new Steven Universe season, Close Enough, and Final Space don't even have release dates yet and they have previews.

Netflix releases internal trailers about a week prior.

Didn't the season just end? Just how quickly are they pumping out these videos?

About once a year.

almost exactly a year, actually this season has taken longer than the other three.

The show isn't going anywhere. That might mean season 4 has potential since it's a look at Hollywood life and might focus on Bojack just NOT doing anything like writing a book or starring in a movie or chasing an oscar. Otherwise we're in for another season of Bojack chasing something and being disappointed it wasn't what he thought it was.

That's because since one of the plot hooks is political, they needed to wait for the election before they started

m o n e y, no one is going to be satisfied unless he kills himself.

God I hope its not shit.

>First 1/2 Season 1
>Ok, so it's Family Guy with anthros?
>Second 1/2 Season 1
>Huh, that was actually pretty good.
>Season 2
>GODDAMN I FUCKING LOVE THIS
>Season 3
>Did...did they change writers or something?
I'm gonna watch S4 but unless the quality goes back to S2 levels, I'm gonna drop the show.

That's too fucking obvious and the easy way for them to end the show.

No, what they are going to do is show him killing himself, perhaps mimicking Secretariat's method, only to reveal that he faked it and is living alone, incognito, in a cabin next to a lake in Maine.

>I have no idea I don't actually have netflix.

Netflix is a huge proponent of "binge" watching. So they release everything at once in a desperate effort to ensure great no one can watch the show at their own pace at risk of spoilers. But also to make sure that they kill any buzz that might build over the course of a season. There are also arguments for the dump release, but they're frankly bullshit and I dropped Netflix last year because of it.

SU was never good.

>mfw started watching Bojack Horseman a few days ago
I'm halfway through Season 2 and god damn is it amazing. It's the only adult cartoon that I've fully enjoyed and wanted to see more of. I don't care if Season 4 ends up being shit, I'm gonna watch it and still like it.
Best episode is undoubtedly "The Telescope". You can't prove me wrong

Anyone else worried about how they'll treat the arc about Mr. Peanutbutter running for governor?

I disagree on s3 being sub-par. It wasn't as good as s2 imo but it was entertaining for what it was. I do want the show to end, i am going to watch s4 but i wouldn't have minded if it stopped at s3. The writing could end up getting worse or the entire show could end up feeling stale after a while. You can't run in the same steam forever and i don't want to be able to guess how every season will end.
That being said, it's still one of the best adult cartoons in decades. It's good, but don't let it run forever.

Question: Is it wrong to be attracted to Diane, considering that she's canonically had sex with a dog?

I'm sure it will end with him narrating his story to some person doing an updated biography of him on a retirement house for regular people, and how he lost everything but finally become happy.
2 trick pony