Tfw Gaiman finally sold out to DC

>tfw Gaiman finally sold out to DC

Dr.Endless fucking WHEN

The Endless were always DC though.

Finally. Time to do some dumb cool shit with the Endless.

You fucking casual shits, Daniel has appeared in JSA and JLA before

The endless have always been part of DC and Daniel showed up in JLA, read some comics you fucking casual

Hey retard.

jsa and jla are different and morrison is a god tier writer who can handle gaiman's stuff

action comics death of luthor is just a one off where death and the story is regarded as a new classic

dream is a high tier concept that snyder cannot handle. in a shitty meme event that people will forget about in a few years. that is why it's such shit. snyder. is. a. hack.

The thing about these examples is they were short and sweet acknowledgements of the characters rather than trying to tie them deeply into another one of DC's half baked, poorly constructed events.

Snyder has never written a single story that implies he can handle the Endless concepts with any kind of grace. If Daniel is just showing up as a little "Hey here's this thing go deal with it" like he did in JLA then that's the best case scenario. If Snyder's actually writing the story and leaning into the Endless concept then it's going to be awful.

Where the fuck was she in Darkest Night?

Banging Nekros.

Just doing her thing like usual.
Blackest Night was shit compared to the time when the people of Hell were kicked out.

>morrison is a god tier writer who can handle gaiman's stuff

You don't deserve your sacred cow.

One of you is likely OP but you're both trying to backpedal after being proven wrong

>Second feature Jimmy Olson by Nick Spencer

Even Gaiman recognizes Snyder's ability meanwhile Sup Forums still spergs about him because they are brainlets.

I'm not OP and I'm not backpedaling from anything. I don't think Snyder's a good writer. I wouldn't want him to write anything I like.

Yep, before he REEEEE'D about them cancelling a poorly selling book and rejecting his Young Justice/Supergirl book because of Flashpoint

How was A.D: After Death?

Gaiman will recognize anyone who gets him paid.

Gaiman's pretty protective of his works. It's not like he's hurting for cash. I think it's part of the reason American Gods was done so well.

Death-Sempai is so chill. She's wonderful.

So far hes appeared on one page, for all you know he appears in half of next issue and that's it.

He only let american gods be a thing so he could get a sandman show

Source?

Snyder asked for Gaiman's permission and approval.

I wonder if Death has regular chats with people who never stay dead.

I can't remember which title it was. But there was a story with Booster Gold and Blue Beetle chasssing after some guy who was trying to take over the world using a page of Oblivion's book.

Let's be crystal clear here for all the casuals on the board, Gaiman does not control the rights to Sandman and never has. He has no control of the character, mythos or franchise. They usually "ask" for his permission to maintain a good relationship with him, and he always "graciously" gives it because he wants to maintain a good relationship with Warner Bros. Frankly this is the danger of elevating books like Sandman or Watchmen built on the backs of a shared universe to the level of creator owned masterworks, retarded fans get their panties in a twist over imagined slights to the creators who really were just hired guns, no matter how good the story was.

>we could've gotten Endless appearance in BTAS

>bruce sees death as a loli

What is this from?

looks like Dark Night A True Batman Story

Paul Dini's Dark Night: A True Batman Story.
Death and Dream show up briefly in the story.

Dini never read Sandman eh? Horrible characterization of death that flies in the face of everything else she's been in. Calling anyone a "cheater" when you can literally just choose not to die is absurd.

>implying Batman isn't one

He did get hit by that though.

reminder that Batman didn't do shit here and Barry and Superman actually defeated Darkseid

it was a team effort. if Batman hadn't killed Darkseid's physical body, he never would have been taken by the Black Racer, and his true form would never have manifested.

>radion poisoning is nothing

Looks like he got hit here, even if it wasn't the instant-death beams

Fuck you all I ever wanted was some daniel content. This is fucking fantastic.

Just hope they don't fuck it up.

Could somebody storytime all the comics the endless have appeared in (besides that set of spin off minis of course)

I'm more mad she was not in final night.
The perfect ending for that would be that guy sacrificing himself and having a little chat to death. It only came out like a month after sandman ended as well.

this, I don't get why most people forget it
it was crafted to be all heroes doing their part

>you can literally just choose not to die is absurd.
You know that was just because death agreed not to let him die right?

Because he wanted to, he didn't even have to do anything special

Because Morpheus stood up for him, not because he didn't want to.

Morpheus was like "wouldn't that be cool sis lol?". Not like he had to make a federal case for Hob. And death brought Hob to Dream's attention in the first place, she clearly was ruminating on it.

the simple fact is that there are likely millions upon billions of people who simply didn't want to die, but none of them had Dream going "wouldn't that be cool?" and they're all dead.

Clearly it's not a matter of just deciding not to.

has lobo ever met any of the endless?
like during that time he died, and later got kicked out by both heaven and hell?

You easily could lump superheroes into that category. It just takes the conviction not to die.

You could, but not with anything shown in the Sandman series and its spinoffs.

He tried to get it going with Death in Lobo's Back.

>nowhere near full strength
>took over earth and mind controlled the population and many heroes
>shot with a bullet specifically made to kill gods
>struck by thew new god version of death
>vibrated out of existence by a super sonic scream that countered his remaining existence
>still able to send batman back in time as a living weapon that would destroy all of existence
>left earth so fucked up they had to use a super fridge to fix the planet

You have to admit that Darkseid was a bitch to take down.

I know Gaiman got mad at Weisman for writing Death wrong in his Captain Atom book. So Snyder's doing something that Gaiman likes, or he's just not fucking up as hard as Weisman did.

And it was good.

Like some of the other Second Features it was collected as a one-shot.

Different user, and I am also curious about this question. I had always pegged Snyder as a kind of fun writer but nothing much more..

Cute. What's the name of the artist that did this?

How did he he fucked up Death?

Something about Death of the Endless being the peaceful aspect of death instead of being the final death of everything.

Fuck off with this shit Rich. DC completely owns all the characters and can do anything they want with them.

That's completely out of character. Hell, it's not even close to the basic concept.

I lost a lot of respect for Gaiman after that, it seemed pedantic and childish for him to be angered about. The characters are existing in a massive verse and of course they're going to have changed and retcons because that's what a verse has when there's multiple writers including many characters. But Neil got his panties in a bunch because things move on and despite how well written they were eventually his characters will have differences added by either the execs or other writers, it's part of being in a bigger verse

Don't know. They're from drawthreads.

i'm gonna sound like a turbo pleb, but what event is this?

Final Crisis

Nah, Gaiman was right. Weisman doesn't know how to handle DC characters for shit.

h a p p e n i n g

>house of wayne

I almost stopped reading when I got to that part. They better make this make entertaining at least.

That's the point of the book.

It's based on his real life issues after he was coming home and got mugged and his skull crushed by a bunch of thugs. It twisted his perceptions on things and made him a paranoid wreck who doubted himself and affected his creative output.

>They better make this make entertaining at least.
There's a fucking Bat-Lantern and a Bat-Flash and a Bat-Cyborg and a Bat-Doomsday and a Bat-Mera.

The Dawnbreaker.

>Gaiman's pretty protective of his works.
Oh yeah? How's Angela doing?

His Wytches is his best work, I think, outside of Bat-stuff. The Wake had a lot of neat ideas but really was kind of a generic theme.

god, daniel is so fucking gay

that entire ending to sandman was fucking gay and boring

>Snyder has never written a single story that implies he can handle the Endless concepts with any kind of grace.
American Vampire, Wytches, Swamp Thing.
>If Daniel is just showing up as a little "Hey here's this thing go deal with it" like he did in JLA then that's the best case scenario.
He's just there to warn Batman, this is very clear.
>If Snyder's actually writing the story and leaning into the Endless concept then it's going to be awful.
Not true, but it's clear he's doing his own thing here with the dark multiverse.

Wasn't the House of Wayne an important part with Barabatos in "The Return of Bruce Wayne"?

what's wrong with it

wouldn't this be Red Lantern?

The vow that happened there turned into Batman.

It's more than enough for a green ring.

I think it's how it worked in Emerald Knight anyhow.

maybe it's different in the dark multiverse

red lanterns aren't present in all versions of the universe

Holy Shit. All this Batwanking.

autism

Is that what the shrink diagnosed you with?

No, it's what you suffer from.
Other than obvious retardation

I know what you are.

>American Vampire, Wytches, Swamp Thing

But user, all these are shit. Like everything Snyder does

>American Vampire is shit

Did Bruce Timm/Paul Dini want to use Death in Batman the Animated Series but Gaiman said no and therefore they couldn't use him?

I remembering hearing something about that on Kevin Smith's podcast I think.

It was actually the studio that said no. Gaiman was actually excited about the idea.

How is that Batwankery?

and his death created a black whole at the center of the multiverse

oh god I forgot this is going to be dumb as fuck

This is gonna own so hard