Why is George Jetson such an unlikeable protagonist?

Why is George Jetson such an unlikeable protagonist?

Because he's always ordering his wife to get him off.

I think the show was ok in ratings.

Otherwise its because everyone was seen as a lazy prick. You got an entire family in the far flung future who bitches about having to press buttons to instantly have the work done for them. Compare that to the flintstones where they did the same back breaking work as their audience but with animals or their feet.

Because he had it too easy and no reason to be upset.

From what I remember George as a character had little to him besides his fear of Mr. Spacely, he and the rest of the Jetsons had no real chemistry

Jetsons in general was shit

>huge ass condo. seriously the jetson's home was 2000 sq ft at least.
>an easy job of pushing buttons all day
>lots of leisure time and the money to use that time well.
>robotic maid does all the house cleaning.
>smoking hot wife
>2 great children
>his only fear in life is being fired for his laziness. since he seems to not be able to show up to work on time or stay awake at work.
>whiny about his job.
>whiny about his family

The man is living the dream but has to be an annoying loser about every moment of his life.

The dog has more presence than all other characters, by being a carbon copy of scoobydoo

I can only have so much pathos for a guy who has a fucking robot servant.

he did 9/11

>Jane Jetson is 33 years old (she says so in the first episode)
>Judy Jetson is 16

George knocked up a teenager.

Is he our guy?

oh wait, you said teenager

they predicted the future in a really conservative way, because if society morals keep going the same road as now probably pedophilia it's going to be legal in the next 20 years.

women lie about their age all the time, she is probably 36 or older

It was the 60s, back when the people thought that technology would render manual labor obsolete and we would live a live of pleasure and leisure.

How do you slack off at a job that only entails pushing buttons?

I distinctly remember George was such a pussy that he had to bandage his fingers from pushing all those buttons

The jokes about the Jetsons having atrophied muscles were basically canon

16 is an adult in most countries.

Because as he bitches Fred Flintstone is thousands of kilometers below them suffering for their space empire.

It'd be 17

I always prefered the theory that the Flintstones were just post apocalyptic people with theme park dinosaurs and gen. engineered animals who where trying to recreate the world they lost.

Besides they meet the Flintstones with a time machine not an elevator

I feel like in a post apocalyptic world, they'd have some old technologies from the future but aren't capable of making new ones, so it's very limited

>the WWE movie basically made the family a Simpsons clone
It's something I guess

It'd be cool if there were a couple mysterious poles that goes infinitely into the sky, and they just never knew what it did

I had family that watched it during its first run. They were still considered lazy fucks.

I like this theory better than AS's climate change mutants and HB canon.

reveal that astro is a scooby-doo descendant?

Like me?

>This is almost a decade old
Fuck.

Because he's got a comfortable and cushy life and is constantly whining about it and fucking up.

>this is almost a decade old