Black Lightning mini announced

another day, another DC mini (another creator coming back to a character in Rebirth)

BLACK LIGHTNING: COLD DEAD HANDS #1

Written by TONY ISABELLA
Art and cover by CLAYTON HENRY
Variant cover by KEN LASHLEY

All-new mini-series by original creator Tony Isabella teamed with superstar artist Clayton Henry! Black Lightning is back and things are not the same! In his home town of Cleveland, high school teacher Jefferson Pierce is a role model for his students. As Black Lightning, he’s fighting to keep them safe, even as his city’s streets are invaded by local gangs with deadly super-weapons. And wait until you see who their supplier is! Real-world issues in a super-hero world! Expect the unexpected!

On sale NOVEMBER 1 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T

Jefferson Pierce is having quite a year. He’ll soon join The CW’s super hero lineup with a greatly anticipated new show. And now, we’re happy to announce that he’s returning to the comic racks as well with a new six-issue miniseries written by Tony Isabella, who originally created the character with Trevor Von Eeden.

BLACK LIGHTNING: COLD DEAD HANDS is written by Isabella and drawn by Clayton Henry (Harbinger). However, don’t expect a throwback to Isabella’s previous time with the character. While the hallmarks of a good Black Lightning comic are all there, Jefferson’s gone through some changes. He’s still a teacher who works to be a positive force for his students both in and out of costume, but he’s younger than he’s ever been before—around 28 years old. He’s also not married and in a departure from the show, he doesn’t have daughters.

Jefferson does, however, still have a very big problem by the name of Tobias Whale. But Black Lightning’s notorious adversary has gone through some redesigning as well. He’s now fit, built like an athlete, and he’s no longer an albino. But don’t think it’s made Tobias Whale any smaller of a problem for Jefferson or the city of Cleveland, in which the series is based. He’s as ruthless and powerful as ever.

Man, I wanted to slim down my pull list.

With Black Lightning’s CW series set to bring more awareness to the groundbreaking character than ever before, the timing has never been better for Lightning’s return to the DC Universe. Cold Dead Hands promises to be a fitting introduction to the world of Jefferson Pierce for new readers and a very welcome return for longtime fans, penned by the man who knows the supercharged hero better than anyone.

>Written by TONY ISABELLA
Jesus Christ DC...

I really, really like the way DC is doing these miniseries off the back of their mainline (which is frankly 90% boring).

>lightning is blue
Ewwwww
One of the changes I really liked was the black lightning

>Written by TONY ISABELLA
Dad and son reunite.

Mini series, Black Lightning needs to a ongoing series not a mini series.

last page

The artist is black

I don't know if he could support one, but I kind of expect an Outsiders launch eventually.

And?

>Written by the creator of the character
What's the problem, son?

What makes you think user was making it a race thing? Will is be one or do people care about DC? I didn't see asian superman, batman, and wonderwoman in the news like ironfist

DC rehashing the same shit from 30 eyars ago? Gee, I don't know...

Damn, you're pathetic

I just want some loli Thunder and Lighting fan service

Back to Mongrel with you.

nobody else wants to write black lightning.

Straight to insults? Go fuck yourself, intern.

It's not an insult, it's a description.

>but he’s younger than he’s ever been before—around 28 years old. He’s also not married and in a departure from the show, he doesn’t have daughters.

damn it

You know, I don't mind if DC just start publishing a bunch of minis as a substitute for the never ending floppy ongoings

It makes sense for Lightning and Thunder to show up since they are going to be in the TV show but they will probably be teenagers.

>Marveltards are THIS mad
Lmao

Not happening. See

>he’s younger than he’s ever been before—around 28 years old. He’s also not married and in a departure from the show, he doesn’t have daughters.
Boo

Why "Black" Lightning? Why not just Lightning? Could you imagine the outcry if there was a superhero named White Lightning?

>He’s also not married and in a departure from the show, he doesn’t have daughters.
So basically you stripped him of what made him unique and basically just made him a generic mid-to-late 20s black guy with electric powers. Brilliant!

There's a White Witch

Good on DC for giving miniseries to the characters that cannot support ongoing. This better than flooding the industry with too much unnecessary ongoings.

Yes, but that doesn't evoke this.

He's still a teacher.

I glad Black Lightning is back in comics but I wish he would a series.

What about Blue Devil? :(

Awesome. Although the goggles could use some work, and it needs more yellow

Valiantfags on suicide watch.

I'd rather a miniseries that great like midnighter and apollo was then an ongoing where the title falls apart after the first volume like titans and a couple other rebirth series

Hickman likes Blue Devil and went to lunch with Lee

Hickman is gonna end up with LoSH.

please stop saying this

Hickman is gonna end up with LoSH.

I wish they would use this design instead .