Why did people lose their minds over this to begin with?

Why did people lose their minds over this to begin with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v3pXNTCeevo
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PICKLE RICK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

It's like Sgt Pepper, everything great possible happened at once and we got a piece of cultural history from it.

Because it's a beloved character turned into a pickle.

people were really, really angry

Because it´s unexpected and out-of-place with R&M plot. Audience love unexpected things in bad comedies.

part of the lgbt agenda to make white men think of phallic shapes when imagining their role models

Anti-RandM posters started it, hoisting this as an example of "lolsorandom" humor that made Rick and Morty "reddit". Pro-RandM posters might have tried to take it back to mock anti-randm posters, but it's difficult to tell.

>double-reverse-quadruple-false-flagging

Truly we've reached a new level.

*pretends to scratch my chin but really dabs instead*

Fuck you for making me picture that

It's "XD LE RANDOM" done right I guess

I like Pickle Rick

It was one of the first things presented from the third season and basically opened by just screaming "I'm Pickle Rick!". People here saw it as an attempt to be lolrandum reddit humor and assumed that reddit would be obsessed with it. Naturally it would follow that they shitpost about it nonstop in an effort to stick it to reddit.

I like the ending of Pickle Rick, but overall it's easily the weakest episode of S3.

Butthurt Christfags still upset over S1.

That's a good point, user. Nothing says good writing like 100% predictability and punchlines you can see coming a mile away.

If rick is your role model I think you're already about as fucked as you're gonna get, so anyone trying for more is just pissing in the ocean

Normies and lolsorandumb kind of humor.

Most of it is because of people who were angered by the delay of the 4th Samurai Jack episode, and how the season 3 premiere was aired for a good part of night, with the Pickle-Rick teaser playing at several points and pretty much being the season highlight until prior to the season's release when we got more stuff to see.

moderator swaglord and other mods got bribed into being an advert on Sup Forums and /s4s/

>>(OP)94742716

well knowing the fans reaction to pic -rick.
Can you imagine what people would have said if they had made him a BANNANA instead?

imagine... BANANA *burp* RICK

too many syllables

>people like R&M
>people like pickles
>???
>profit

Because Sup Forums is retarded and now Sup Forums is in charge of Sup Forums

Well, the song DID say Pickle Rickle's gonna make you lose your mind.

Rick and Morty got overhyped cause bros all watched it at once and PICKLE RICK was the fans overhyping the show's return.

piggle rig XD

This was actually a legit great episode but the meme is terrible and will taint its reputation badly

Because a once beloved cartoon is now written by women. This was just the last straw because it was viewed as lolrandom

Rick and Morty was shit since they played NIN over Rick trying to kill himself. We hoped it might get better, but it's just shit now. No jokes, tons of whining, pop-culture, and memes. Really glad these characters are "evolving". Season 1 definitely sucked and needed something to change.

>once beloved cartoon
I have seen the first thread where the first trailer of season 1 was posted, it was considered shit

okay now how about after that season aired. I won't stand for this bullshit revision where we have to pretend like there is no difference between S1 and S3, despite the tone having since changed into some kind of Bojack/Harvey Bros mashup.

>Beloved
One good season is not enough to count a cartoon as beloved. Season two was already mediocre.

it triggered the fascists when there was a joke about 9/11 maybe being an inside job

It's a meme that the creators of the show tried to force. The absolute worst kind of meme. They had "Pickle Rick" merch ready before the episode was even out for fuck's sake.

Redpill Time: It was clearly a traditional-false-start-blitzkrieg-under-hype crossed with a motown-triple-smoked-meme-off, originally conceived&executed by the diabolical team up of Wikipedia and Best Korea to give Red Jesus a wicked case of the giggles. It was then co-opted by Alex Jones & The Black Crusaders, mixing in their own under-the-arm-over-the-shirt-double-boobie-scoop-flair, in the hopes of reviving the mid-2000s-dance-rock-party-anthem genre. It was at this point that a celebrity youtube commenter named "69ShadesOfSplooge" posted about it on the Euphoric Memeasuarus subreddit, which as we all know shares a 97.4% user overlap with Sup Forums. Once the Autistic Edgelords got their hands on it, things were finally of to the races and over a period of 3.14 days (officially known as Memeageddon 8: Revenge of the Redditteers) Pickle Rick skyrocket to the top of America's top 40 through clever use of subliminal commands in your everyday garden variety memes and good old fashioned canvasing. That was 2 weeks ago. The meme is currently being kept afloat by a hacker-collective of self-styled-sadistic-nihilists planning to nourish themselves in preparation for winter on the butt-frustrated-tears of the pickle-weary. Where we go from here only the wheel of fortune knows.

May God have mercy on us all.

DAB ON THOSE HATERS

because its literally the type of shit that the show mocks in other episodes and then they do it and their fans eat it up

Also it was a boring episode, no one cares about the counseling shit, because really it was mostly about Beth and honestly she is by far the least interesting character in the entire family

and Rick's B Plot was literally an extremely lazily written action movie, which I'm sure the writers thought was the joke, but really it was just boring. Something something embassy, something something evil diplomat character, something something rambo character, something something there was literally no motivation behind the conflict at all so I don't care about it.

honestly that is the biggest problem of the season, all the episodes seems to have artificial or forced conflicted. They don't get into these situations for any reason related to their character, they get into these situations because the writers need to make episodes.

youtube.com/watch?v=v3pXNTCeevo

>Never been impressed by the 'brand' of 'humor' R&M has
>Never caught interest so never bothered
>Before I knew it, this show has several seasons and jumped multiple sharks
>Now everyone is shocked at this level of selling itself out as if it wasn't inevitable from the start.

Well, I'll continue to say nothing to people that anguish over it same as I said nothing when they still liked the show. It's not really my business that they're gullible and tasteless.

>>people like pickles
They do? I mean, they do, but I doubt they go crazy over them.

Because Sup Forums is autistic

drugs

Compared to the rest of the world, America loves the shit out of pickles for no explainable reason. Same as Japan, oddly. However, for an American, the quantity of pickles in a common store is just normal and nothing to get excited over. The amount of pickles the average person consumes is similarly not really considered. It's just a common part of our dietary habit.

Fans like it because it's absurd.

Detractors lost their minds over it because the show is popular, and anything in it that isn't objectively a 10000% solid platinum tier joke is proof evident that the show is utterly terrible with absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever to people who play the "I hate popular things" game, i.e. Sup Forums.

Ultimately, I didn't think it was THAT funny. Moderately amusing in places, I particularly liked the bit where he stapled the gherkin from the burger onto himself to seal a wound.

What I don't understand is why people who shit on the show don't fucking love this. Its one big fuck you to the autists who write blog posts and make youtube videos banging on about how deep and intelligent the show is. Rick literally says in the episode that he didn't do it for any deeper meaning, he just did it because he could. Yes, ultimately it's to get out of going to a therapist, but the point of it was that there's no deeper symbolism than that, and anyone who tries to find it is a moron. I'd of thought the "LOL REDDIT AND MEMEY" crowd would fucking love the show itself confirming one of their major criticisms of it.

Pickles are fucking disgusting. Why is there no Sup Forums media character that hates pickles for the shit that they are? It's literally fermented cucumbers.

They taste good, and pickling is a special chemical process. They aren't rotten. Pickling produces a variety of helpful bacteria that keep away harmful bacteria that cause rot and disease. Eating pickles regularly can even improve your digestive system.

Brainlets.

>Watched 4th episode.
>Ten times worse than I could have imagined.
Where did it all go so wrong.

i believe it was said by the show runners that Vindicators was their weakest episode this season.

so who hyped for tomorrow though?

This

We'll see then. Hopefully they will make up for their lousy season.

4channers, while they'll deny it, are more Reddit than Redditors.

>a lot of male writers from s2 left, only new writers in s3 are female feminists

you tell me.

Sup Forums mods and the already developed sense for ironic memeing

No idea, worst episode to date. still the best cartoon/comedy on TV but it was a REALLL step down from the high quality of all the the others. Shame.

A pickle falls in love with a girl pickle.

Unable to confess that god isn't real, he is gifted with by a deus ex pickle with the girl’s pickle number. Never minding the strange pickle code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she doesn't believe in god as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a pickleplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that god isn't real and is not the same pickle he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this pickle at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own pickle self, who too is blissfully unaware of god not being real.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private pickles in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer religion. While the two chase their respective loved pickles, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with atheism and question the NATURE of PICKLE RICK.

Came for the pickle rick stayed for the self-insert.

>Chaika
>Keit-ai

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

Pickle Rick was a mistake.

Keit-Ai Rick finds a way.

Sup Forums gets pretty mad when you point out that it loved this show up until it hit a certain level of success. Once redditors and normies started noticing it, everybody here started pretending they always hated it.

dumb people that react on anything outragey to look cool online tried to latch onto this to prove that rick and morty was shit.
They did so without even knowing that the whole point of the episode was to parody that kind of humour and Rick was turning into a pickle not because it was the "meme of the episode" but because he didnt want ot go therapy.

So they had all the proof they could show that rick and morty was dumb and it proved them superior for not watching it, because PICKLE RICK

I wonder exactly what it is in our brains that causes us to do this.

Because the show got popular and Sup Forums was looking for any excuse to distance itself from it as the cool contrarian kids we are.

Fragile manosphere bullies wanted to pick on the s3 female writers, so attacked the episode for being goofy and superficial.

go to pennsylvania, specifically amish areas. they are sort of the state food, and you can find plenty of stores with unique flavors and varieties.

the part that makes us feel like we belong to a group and not other group.

>out-of-place with R&M plot
R&M isn't some serious "hard sci-fi" show. They make up shit like this all the time.

*holds up spork* tier memeing

>we got a piece of cultural history from it

Imagine being so devoid of social and cultural awareness that you sincerely believe a 'joke' with no punchline pulled from a badly-written episode of an ill-conceived cartoon operating at the height of itinerant ADHD culture watched by maybe 200k people globally is "a piece of cultural history."