Your thoughts on the darkest dungeon comic?

Your thoughts on the darkest dungeon comic?

He doesn't even remember her hair color, man.

First frame, blond woman. 8th and 9th frame, brunette woman. Also notice that 9th frame is what he imagined homecoming to be like, not what is really happening, otherwise both of them would watch him ride off again.

Some of them can be a little hard to understand is you haven't seen the new Crimson Court trinkets

There's a Darkest Dungeon comic?

... Fucking why?

One page comics for some of the characters

I really do dig the DD comics. They're short, focus entirely on visuals, have a great sense for the themes of the game, and help give you a general idea of what these characters were like before coming to the manor.

But I still feel like I don't get this one. So is the Antiquarian going to kill this chick?

yes, she killed him to take whatever reward from the sacrifice to herself.

I see they got a bounty hunter one out. Other then the flaggelant, who else still needs a comic?

Hellion
Houndmaster
Jester
Plague Doctor
Vestal

Vestral, Hound Master, Jester?

Helion
Plague Doctor
Hound Master

I like them, most of them add some sort of backstory to the characters, and with the new crimson court DLC, they reference some of the comics with the quote in the CC sets. I've never seen the bounty hunter one before though

They're dead anyway.

I also read that the guy was doing it wrong, as he reversed which hands he was using.

I'n doubtful that those are the same mother and son.

this always gets me...

>Hellion is a cast out
>Houndmaster found about corruption in the system
>Jester ran away after murdering his king
>Plague is doing research
>Vestal is a cast out too

Need lewd fic of Vestal having sex with fellow nuns and getting booted after being found tribbing each other with candlestick dildo

This is a good one

Why not? The game oozes style and these have been excellent for background on the characters.

ow the edge

How the hell is he going to collect his bounty if he leaves behind his quarry and the orders for collecting them?

Even if he is a bounty hunter, it's implied his motivation is vengeance so he probably doesn't care about money.

He's got a sack full of their teeth in-game.

I don't like women so I don't like this game

??????????

Trappers back in the day would carry the scalp of Indians to show proof for their bounty. So BH would have taken something similar.

Why would a highwayman attack his victims before giving them a chance to stand and deliver?

Have to be honest, I wasn't expecting the Bounty Hunter to have a deep compelling backstory, but after seeing some like the Leper, the Occultist, and the Crusader, this feels almost too conventional.

The best DD comics reveal a bit of insight into the character, like the Crusader's inability to return to peace, or the Occultist's grim determination to make a deal with the devil even when he knows what's waiting for him at the end.

Anyway this is just autistic nitpicking but I only do it because some of the other DD comics are such good single page one-shots.

Agreed. Bounty Hunter could have used a bit more depth compared to the other comics.

>Best boy finally gets his comic

Now we do Houndmaster, I wish they'd kept his dog as a bloodhound.

Not everybody needs to be a tragic character though. Maybe the Bounty Hunter had a normal childhood with a normal family. But had an absolute sense of justice and really good at hunting criminals down so he decided to do it full time.

If you look at the poster you can see a picture of the Bounty Hunter's mask. Looks like the crime lords put a bounty on him first.

You're right. Maybe the Bounty Hunter had taken on some less honourable contracts for this very person in the past, and we're witnessing a betrayal.

REMIND YOURSELF THAT OVERCONFIDENCE IS A SLOW AND INSIDIOUS KILLER

Look at the paper, the sign on it resembles the BH's helmet. I don't think it's an order to bring the guy in, I think it's an order for a hit on the BH himself, so the BH comes to take out the guy who gave the order.

>The thrill of the hunt, the promise of payment.
The Bounty Hunter is a simple guy with simple motivations.

ah, so he serves a rival god.

so that's the statue that appears on the Districts dlc

This is the most touching one

They're the dankest

Everything about the game is great except for the actual game part

SOOTHED

THERE ARE MANY WHO BREAK IN THE FACE OF CHAOS

BUT NOT THIS ONE!
NOT TODAY!

Yeah, lots of grinding + permadeath is not a recipe for fun.

This is my favorite

This is dumb.

git gud

The line art is so BOLD I dont even get what Im supposed to be looking at in most panels.

So he used to be a king?

The Leper was probably inspired by Baldwin IV, the Leper King of Jerusalem. So most likely either a beloved king or some famous noble.

When the fuck are they gonna make more comics? I want to see a Plague Doctor one, backstory for best waifu.

I don't get it.

Yeah, once you figure out the nuances it becomes a cakewalk outside of the occasional RNG pain.DD seems more like a proof of concept than a fully realized game. I hope they make a sequel and iron out the gameplay.

survivors guilt

>randomly shoot up a carrage
>"oh no I killed someone"
Is the Highwayman retarded?

killing a kid is frowned upon by most people

That's not blond, just uncolored.

You gotta expect you might kill a kid at some point if you shoot up a carrage blindly.

Yep. "Dumbass, THIS IS HOW YOU PREFORM THE RITUAL!!!"

There's also the possibility that he knew them. Like it was his sister and nephew, or something.

That's obviously not what's being implied there.

In the game you find out that it was his wife and child.

he doesn't know that the carriage driver has been "corrupted" or "turned evil by this miserable world"
or whatever bogus reason that people use to justify the perception that children are inherently more innocent, and therefore MORE morally abhorrent to kill for money.

Well okay then

game never mentions who they are

This.

Stop spreading tales, user.

"Obviously."

>has a locket of just a woman and her child
>game never mentions who they are

Come on, user, let's not be difficult.

Point out how I'm wrong.

Brown hair doesn't shine golden in the sun.

Okay? I never said it did?
I said the artist left her hair uncolored in the first panel.

He's a highway man. You don't think he'd steal a locket to remember them by?

You're the one making the assertion. Burden of proof is on you, champ.

No, the assertion was that the people might be his family.
The comic however shows no indications of this.

Never read it, and for a second thought you meant they made a comic remake of the chick tract.

alright
thats disturbing

What's more likely? That the artist forgot to color a part of his work or that her hair looks very bright in the sunlight that illuminates her son as well?

If it was his family i think it would be more than a "shameful" locket

Who says he forgot to color it?

Yes...not coloring something is a way to make things light...like blonde hair.

the house in the background is also blonde

It's called thatching.

*snort*

Waaaaait a minute. So Desmonde accidentally killed his friend's family? And Reynolde works with him having no idea?

The kid's age does not match

Could be his bastard. That he had someone bear his child without marrying them would be considered shameful I think.

Oh phew. Thank goodness

Same reason every bandit in every game does.