A few DC solicits are out today, including Hawkman Found and a few Metal tie ins

A few DC solicits are out today, including Hawkman Found and a few Metal tie ins

THE FLASH #33
Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
Art by HOWARD PORTER
Connecting covers by Ethan Van Sciver
“Bats out of Hell” part one! After the harrowing events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL #3, the JUSTICE LEAGUE has scattered around the world to find the only artifacts that can fight back against the invasion of the Dark Multiverse. The League thinks they know how to take back their world, but they are not prepared for who is standing in their way: The Seven Dark Knights of the Dark Multiverse. With all the brilliance of Batman, but none of the morals. Barry Allen, The Fastest Man Alive, is the first to get a taste of their plan, as THE RED DEATH takes him on at the Fortress of Solitude.
On sale OCTOBER 25 • 32 pg, FC $2.99 US • RATED T

Other urls found in this thread:

adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/08/18/dc-preview-batman-the-dawnbreaker-1/
adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/08/18/dc-preview-batman-the-red-death-1/
comicosity.com/first-look-batman-the-murder-machine-1/
adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/08/18/dc-preview-teen-titans-12/
twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/898674110125015040
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

JUSTICE LEAGUE #32
Written by BRYAN HITCH
Art by LIAM SHARP
A METAL tie-in! “BATS OUT OF HELL” part two! The Justice League have been separated by the dreaded Dark Knights and are forced into twisted Bat-Caves designed to kill them! The Batman Who Laughs and the Murder Machine experiment on Cyborg, seeing how he reacts to the horrors of the Dark Multiverse! Can the Justice League survive their worst nightmares made real?!
On sale NOVEMBER 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Did we know these tie-ins were coming?

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #3
Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
Art by ETHAN VAN SCIVER
A METAL tie-in! “BATS OUT OF HELL” part three! The Dawnbreaker descends on Coast City, ready to suck its light away before moving on to the rest of our world. Backed up by the power of the Justice League, Hal Jordan stands ready to stop the perverted Lantern—until the Batman Who Laughs steps out of the shadows.
On sale NOVEMBER 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

They'd been announced some weeks ago.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #33
Written by BRYAN HITCH
Art by TYLER KIRKHAM
A METAL tie-in! “BATS OUT OF HELL” finale! it’s the Justice League versus the Dark Knights! FIGHT! The Dark Knights have taken a fallen Justice League to the frightening castle of [REDACTED] inside the possessed Gotham City, where they will be prepared as a sacrifice! The Justice League’s only hope is Cyborg, whose return from the Dark Multiverse has changed him forever!
On sale NOVEMBER 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

yeah, they were part of the Metal checklist that came out not long ago

I don't think they'd revealed that these tie ins were sequential, though

HAWKMAN FOUND #1
Written by JEFF LEMIRE
Art by BRYAN HITCH and KEVIN NOWLAN
Cover by BRYAN HITCH
Variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
One of DC’S greatest heroes is missing! No one has seen or heard from Carter Hall—a.k.a. Hawkman—in years. Reincarnated repeatedly since the dawn of humanity, Hawkman has spent his many lives uncovering history’s most fantastic mysteries, and now he has become one himself! Take a journey into the one of the darkest corners of the DC Universe as a mysterious man tries to piece together what happened to Hawkman, and how it all connects to the events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL!
On sale DECEMBER 20 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

The first issue of Metal was pretty neat, but I think DC is overdoing it a little with all the tie-ins and once-shots connected to this event.

>Connecting covers by Ethan Van Sciver
Why is DC still employing this neo-Nazi?

Thanks, no one blindsided then. Hate when that happens to the normal subscribers.

>Bat-Ares and Bat-Mera
I simply cannot get over how crap these designs are. The Dark Knights in general are like a bad joke.

this is Hitch's last book

Compared to previous events there are way fewer tie-ins

I dunno, I think the amount of tie ins is actually pretty reserved for a big event

Most of the one shots are likely skippable and four regular issue tie ins doesn't seem too extreme

>that pic
Cringe.

Bat-Mera is my new waifu

Cover to Metal #5 ft. the Batman Who Laughs

There are more tie-ins than just those four, though.

>being forced to support a shitty Snyder Batman event due to tie ins
This is just like Civil War 2, fuck this, keep this crap contained to one fucking comic line

Oh you're right, I forgot about the Gotham Resistance or whatever

Still, this doesn't seem like a TON

Maybe I'm just thinking of Marvel events and older DC events where half the mainline would tie in for an entire arc

They also released a bunch of previews for the nightmare Batmen one shots

adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/08/18/dc-preview-batman-the-dawnbreaker-1/

There are 17 tie-in issues.
That may be a lot, but compared to blackest night that had 47 tie-ins, it's nothing.

adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/08/18/dc-preview-batman-the-red-death-1/

True, it's not quite as excessive, but 22 books are still a lot.

Anyway, I'm probably going to check out the tie-ins. Fuck the one-shots, though.

comicosity.com/first-look-batman-the-murder-machine-1/

They tweaked the cover to this one, probably because a lot of people were making dumb assumptions

It is a lot but it looks like most of them are easy to skip

I'm not picking up any of the Gotham Resistance stuff and probably none of the oneshots aside from the Hawkman one

adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/08/18/dc-preview-teen-titans-12/

Hope you're ready for Ultimate JSA.

>Dat Kori

Based Sejic

twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/898674110125015040

Lemire says it's his first Hawkman issue, he's been implying pretty heavily that there will be a Hawkman ongoing coming out of Metal

That was to be expected.

>mostly self contained except one tie in for every ongoing
>some of the titles are double shipped

If you don't like it, just wait a month or a couple of weeks and all the comics are back on track. Having the tie ins spread out instead of creating extra minis or bogging down less titles for multiple months is the best idea and probably done to save money.

And it's putting a Batman tag on all these comics so that's a boost as well.

This entire event is turning out to be more bloated then either Civil War 2 or Secret Empire

And yet Sup Forums will defend it because it's not Marvel

These Metal fellas give me the impression the Dark Judges from Judge Dredd are going to pop up given their appearance

>KEVIN NOWLAN
I mean... really?

Cause he's good.

Are you retarded?
Metal has way fewer tie-ins than Civil War 2 or Secret Empire.

Bat-mera is the only good one. Bat-doomsday is okay but the rest are just sad. Bat-ares and Bat-cyborg are tied for worst.

My favorite is actually Bat-Flash.

Am I the only one who sees judge death here?

>"If you don't like it, just blah blah blah!"
Y'know, I'm getting pretty fucking tired of you thralls defending this kind of bullshit and expecting the rest of us to just as gleefully take it deep in the ass. Do everyone a favor and shut the fuck already. Your corporate masters don't give a shit about you, and they will, without a second thought toss you aside the instant you lose the ability to suck them off. Either fuck off, or develop some goddamn self respect, you brainwashed peon.

>EVS
>good
Not him, but I don't even give a shit about his politics and I know that's a bald-faced lie.

>least intrusive event
>WAHHHHHHHH WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN

This is literally the same thing as a filler issue in most ongoings. Is this first year you've been reading comics? Do want them to go back to the old ways?

>the rest of us
Oh, fuck off. We know it's literally been just you complaining about this shit since the event was announced. You're not subtle about it. You're the minority on this one, autist-kun.

This event has has like 7 tie-ins, 6 mini series issuex, and the rest are one shots that don't involve the mainlune. Marvel would have everyone involve

>LIAM SHARP
Why is this nigga being wasted on garbage?

>Cringe
Cringe

It's most likely a filler piece of work he's doing before getting put on another ongoing.

> Someone has a different views then me, must be a nazi

>Riddler in a Minotaur mech
Possibly the weirdest B:TAS reference

Are you retarded?

Red Death does look cool. The Bat Who Laughs should be neat, too. Bat-Mera is hot (The Drowned) looking, and I'm guessing now that the Merciless (which everyone is calling Bat-Ares) is actually Wonder Batwoman.

>and expecting the rest of us to just as gleefully take it deep in the ass.
It's going to show up in one comic for each member of the Justice League. This is, literally, nothing compared to other events, some of which have flat out cancelled other lines or hijacked them for six months.

>I've never hoped two characters do it more
>we're trapped in here, starfire, and riddler's dropping the temperature every minute until we answer his riddle
>we must stay the warm, robin, here, press close to my grobnoxes

He's done it before.

That's not Damian tho