YOU HEARD OF EARTH-616? WELL THIS HERE IS EARTH-316! IF YOU WANT OLD STONE COLD TO STUNNER THE HELL OUTTA MAGNETO...

YOU HEARD OF EARTH-616? WELL THIS HERE IS EARTH-316! IF YOU WANT OLD STONE COLD TO STUNNER THE HELL OUTTA MAGNETO...WHAT? I SAID IF YOU WANT OL STONE COLD TO STUN MAGNETO. WHAT? I SAID, IF YOU WANT OLD STONE COLD TO STUN MAGNETO, THROW HIM OVER THE TOP ROPE, STOMP A MUDHOLE IN DR. DOOM'S ASS AND WALK IT DRY, AND SHARE A BEER WITH IRONMAN, GIVE STONE COLD A HEEEEELL. YEEEEEAH.

H-hell yeah?

>316 Universe
>everyone's a fucking wrestler

>earth 316

Oh look, it's that faggot again

I don't understand the appeal of wrestling in the slightest

What about people who are already wrestlers like mike haggar, hercules, and Thing?

this faggot

Normal people.

Wrestling, you say?

It's literally capeshit for Mexicans and white trash

low brow entertainment.

I would actually love to see this as a comic series. A world with no superpowers or aliens or magic, just a bunch of wrestlers with really weird gimmicks.

So like DC and Marvel comics then.

It's not that far off from superheroes. Except it's a weekly tv show and everything is centered around a wrestling ring.

Creel?

It would help if 4chin would let me post

What is this from?
Is it a series?

Where's this from user?

>Mucha Lucha takes place in universe 315

Don't worry about it

It's the story of Crusher Hogan, the wrestler Spider-man beat in his origin. Don't fall for this user's tricks!

What? I thought he had a husband.

Thanks for spoiling the fun, retard

Quality post

Oh this story is turning too sad for me.

Fuck you user

That is nice and all, but doesn't that mean his promotion went bankrupt, his boss lost his house and he got his hand mangled and God knows what else broken?

Goddamnit. That whole thing is so fucking tragic. After this story, I now wish if there was one thing I wish Slott did in his run on Spiderman it's that Peter had used his money to get Crusher back on his feet or gave him a job at Parker Industries.

He was able to pay off the mobsters from the ticket sales, but he never wrestled again and his federation disbanded.

Less depressing but still a pretty bad ending.

This actually made me really want a comic about wrestling.

theres been a few, one of them I think was co-written or totally written by CM Punk.

Google is your friend.

Low brow form of entertainment? Fuck you asshole. Professional wrestling is the highest brow form of entertainment there is. In fact it's not entertainment; it's art. It's beautiful art. If you were a mature adult with an open mind and not some numale beta faggot underage b& who parroted everything you read on reddit, you'd know this. A good wrestling match is quite possibly the most purest form of art that a human can create, because the human himself, and his body, is the art itself. But you might say, well, isn't a beautiful woman posing nude in a classy photoshoot an even purer, more beautiful, and high brow form of art? I would say no. Whereas in that example the woman is posing with the body she is blessed with, and had to do no more than be born with and not eat like a fat pig to maintain her beauty, the humans in a wrestling match actually worked to get and maintain their bodies, which are in the utmost of conditions. Furthermore, they don't just move a little here, move a little there. They are moving their bodies with all of their might. They are lifting, running, jumping, dodging, being athletic and strong as fuck. Not only that, they are telling a beautiful story in the ring, a story that is a metaphor for life itself, and its many triumphs, rocky roads, tribulations, failures, successes, and rough patches... good times, bad times (you know I've had my share), funny times, and so on. All of these things can apply to a wrestling match, and the participants within. And lets not fail to mention the fact that this art is performed in front of tens of thousands of fans, live, and the fans themselves contribute to this art form by emoting in their own unique ways. This and many other reasons is why it's such a beautiful art form.

You'd know this if you weren't a faggot.

>written by scott levy

I was wondering throughout this if Azzarello was a wrestling mark, then I saw this. I'd heard Raven had written a comic or two but never knew which.

Thanks for the storytime, user

I love wrestling and you still sound like a faggot

>can't recognize pasta
newfags need to go

The current WWE series isn't too bad IMO

But it is more of a kayfable thing isn't it?
I like the "gritty reality" and the backstage thing.
My favorite wrestling games are booking ones.

The current WWE comic is about the Seth Rollins stuff from last year, with issue 0 being his cash in at Wrestlemania and issue 1 being his injury. The whole thing is in kayfabe.

I might check it out, but this is the kind of stuff I would watch instead of read really.

Thanks for the rec by the way.

Max Landis is that you?

I spent a couple years wondering what the longest narrative show that could be watched
Then one day it hit me, wwe
It would take over 1.3 years to watch it all straight through, not counting sleep

I'm not interested in wrestling, but it's still a cool project that I might do one day if I'm insane and rich

No problem, if you're looking to watch something in kayfabe instead, check out Tiger Mask W. It's basically the Invasion angle, but NJPW and a not-WWE, with guys like Tanahashi, Okada, Naito, and Yuji Nagata having serious plot relevance. Togi Makabe actually provides VA for himself in the show too.

Sounds fun.
I will check it out.
I fucking love the WCW invasion, probably my favorite time in wrestling.

But that's George Steele...

So since New Japan's G1 Climax wrapped up recently (and god damn, it was so good), what would Earth-316's G1 look like with Marvel/DC blocks?

Crusher sorta got a resolve. He went around claiming he's the guy who trained Spider-Man to get people to join his gym, no one believed him though. Then Spider-Man caught some crooks at the gym and felt bad for Crusher, so he told everyone that Hogan was telling the truth. It's implied the gym became a big deal after that.

Empty.

Just like their shows.

like mucha lucha?

That shit was solid top to bottom. I'd put B block as DC because Okada being Superman just makes sense to me, and that would make Omega Luthor since his whole goal was to defeat Okada. Don't know who I'd pick to be Minoru Suzuki, maybe Bane because he just loves to hurt people. God Suzuki and Yano Toru were my MVPs.

Making A block be Marvel characters is a bit tougher I think. Tanahashi being the Ace I assume would make him Spider-man. Naito being a guy who wants to be the best but also get rid of everything that he sees as worthless, maybe Doc Oct? Yuji Nagata is Captain America for sure, being old and looking out for the new kids coming up.

>Not liking jacked people in bright colored clothing hamming it up and throwing each other around ring.

Its 33% Camp, 33% Athletics, and 33% Soap Opera.

The last 1% is very dense super concentrated testosterone, like a black hole made out of roidmonkey pit sweat.

I'm not entirely sure that helped, but it is what it is.

>TFW you will never be swole and solve all your problems in a ring while having soap opera tier monologues and beating the shit outve everyone who irratates you
That shit sounds better then therapy

Enjoying the athleticism and the risk involved

Hours of intense stunt-fighting. What's the point of watching car-chases or action movies?

Red, hot blooded machismo, wrestling tropes served as the foundation of anime tropes, there's the ham/cheese factor, like a good schlocky movie, and unlike MMA with all the 3 round decisions and lame finishes, in wrestling every "fight" is designed for max entertainment if you're willing to suspend disbelief.

If dubs it's him

Check'em

WITNESSED

I read it in Luke Gallow's voice.

I wish superheroes were more like this. Less about saving lives or whatever, more about the spectacle and awe. The villains have their code of conduct, the heroes have their code of conduct, and within the grey in between they have their spectacular (and intentionally exaggerated) tales told. Popular supers would be the equivalent of rock stars or famous actors, and we'd get to see how they (and the people behind the scenes making the stories they tell logically work) constantly tried to both upkeep their jobs and personal lives while also playing up their hammy superpersonas. And we could see scrappy heroes working their way up the tier list in shitty forgotten towns in New Mexico, bashing against scrappy forgotten villains, never really getting anywhere but having a damn good time anyways.

Just... fun capeshit.

Dude "My Hero Academia" is the X-Men we'll never get to see in the states.

Watch it yo; shit be cash.

Wildstorm, Invincible, Valiant, up to a point even Malibu and Milestone. Every non-big two, post 90s superhero universe works like this.

I want a Stone Cold Steve Austin and Punisher team up so badly right now.

Fun Theater drama

his name is Chris Benoit

balls

Technical expertise on display, high risk fight choreography, physical storytelling through body language.

Then you've got the character interplay and the ability to route for a favorite guy.

it just irritates me that he calls himself a shooter, because he's not shooting. he's working stiff. which is a dick move in itself, because working stiff isn't something you should be cocky about. having to work stiff just means you weren't trained well enough to work right and make it look good. if he was shooting every show, he'd never work again, very quickly.

Yeah hurting people on purpose is the worst thing a wrestler can do, but they addressed it when he refused to apologize and the scummy promoter said he was fine with the shoot.

Imagine a crossroads between theatre, fight scenes from action movies, and bits of MMA, capeshit, and shonen anime, with a lot of offense that only makes sense in the world of wrestling.

People associate it with either Attitude Era wild bullshit with insane PG-13 stuff or the clean and mostly mediocre modern WWE product known mostly for being where Brock Lesnar does things a few times a year and the JOHN CENA meme.

There's...there's just some weird pull that wrestling has when it's good. Not just the ability to see people beat the tar out of each other knowing that it's for the sake of the crowd, but to get connected to a character that's closer to the real person than most TV or movies really get (or a totally outlandish campy gimmick that's entertaining for entirely different reasons).

There's so many styles and cultural influences that it's really fascinating to compare. You think Hogan and Stone Cold were big deals in America? Rikidozan & El Santo are full-on cultural icons in Japan and Mexico respectively. I watch modern stuff from all over the world and while not all of it is amazing, there's just something that I can't get away from. I say this as somebody that only got into it in my late teens, so nostalgia has zero factor into this.

There's absolutely no entertainment in the world like wrestling, and that's just watching from a screen. Being there live, from a small indie show with under 200 fans to a big indie show with a few thousand to a WWE show with over 10k people, always makes the experience better (I've been in all three situations).

> TFW Southpaw Regional Wrestling is the only push the Good Brothers can get

TEX2BADD 4 LYFFE

Crusher Hogan is modeled after old NWA style wrestlers took pride in being "shooters", back then you could only get into the business after being roughed and proving that you had at least some shooting ability, "shoot" doesn't necessarily mean stiffing your opponent either, there the popular "shoot" style wrestling AKA catch-as-catch-can, which again, was very popular in old NWA.

And giving a stiff "receipt" to a non-resposive opponent is still a part of the wrestling business to this day, even in pansified WWE.

Erf... dree un siks?

Sorry, this is full of typos, but it's late here in my timezone.

>Baron Corbin cashes in on a visibly exhausted Jinder Mahal.
>Loses in less than a minute.

Childish guilty pleasure gay soap opera. You can't stop looking at it.

So will Shinsuke Nakamura hinder the jinder?

Either the story is going to be he's going to demolish Cena and become unhinged or he REALLY pissed some people off back stage and they killed his push.