Be honest, do you like or hate the MCU?

Be honest, do you like or hate the MCU?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

like it, love it ,gotta have it

Overall I'd say I like it, but I hate a lot of choices they make and the stagnated potential of all their films.

Enjoyed the first Iron Man film and still do whenever i see it on tv, bitterly disappointed with everything else even though i go in with low expectations.

Spider-Man: Homecoming was the biggest let down because i let myself believe the hype. They're generally bad movies, lazy adaptions but people give them a by because "it's good for a superhero movie" like that means anything.

i'm old enough honestly to not give a shit

I really like it but I can also understand why people are getting tired of the formula

Yes, they're fun, stupid comic book tv episodes masquerading as movies. The only one that was terrible IMHO was IM2, the rest were meh to very good. I don't know what the people who hate on them are expecting them to be, honestly.

Early films were good, they've gotten samey as of recently.

They're not as bad as Star Wars flicks so whatevs.

Hate it. It made Marvel crave the normie audience which made them start shoving their comics down the stinker. Don't get me started on that abomination Homecoming.

I've always said DC does the better cartoons, Marvel does the better movies, i still think this is true (there are a few exceptions, like WW and IM2)

But, DCAU is a WAY better introduction to DC comics than the MCU is to Marvel comics. DCAU really manages to capture the spirit of the characters and translate it into a completely different format. Going from DCAU to DC comics is pretty seamless outside of some surprises and disappointments.

Whereas Marvel really embraces the alternate universe thing. There are similarities, but the characters in MCU really aren't the ones I like reading about in the comics, the world isn't really the same.

They're fun movies and I've enjoyed most of them but it's a very, very different take.

Yes. I think some of the criticisms are a little valid, like some MCU movies not having any style, character archetypes being repeated throughout the franchise, excessive attempts at humor ruining dramatic moments, villains mostly being bland and forgettable, and the movies starting to feel a little 'same-y', but ultimately I love it. I think the movies succeed at what they're trying to be more often than not and the shared universe aspect of it all is really engaging and pulls you in.

Started liking it but now I'm burnt out on it. Every movie now ranges from bad to okay.

Used to like it, but lost most interest in the cinematic universe as a whole.

Dislike, but don't hate. It's had a few gems here and there, but I think the good-to-bad film ratio so far is tipped in favour of the bad side. Oftentimes, they're just overbloated clusterfucks.

One thing that I think really hurts it is that Fox has most of the good villains from Marvel, like Magneto, Dr. Doom, Dark Phoenix etc. No one gives a shit about the likes of Loki or Ultron.

Pretty much all of these.

Hate it.

I mean they could at least TRY to be faithful to the source material. Instead the comic gets changed to match the movie.

Besides, it really should be called the Quip Cinematic Universe. Because that all the dialogue is. Just quotable one liners.

Used to like it, now I'm kind of burnt out. I've feel like they've gotten very samey, not sure if it's just because I've gotten better at predicting things though.

I don't dislike it but I don't like the trends it's setting. Poorly written quippy dialogue is getting on my nerves.

started loving it but for some reason I hate it more each new movie, is getting more and more repetitive, at least Captain America used to be something serious to take a break from the shitty quips but now every single movie after winter soldier is the same reddit shit

I have no interest in them.

But I really hate the effect they've had on comics, specifically the types of fans they've attracted.

I love the idea of a superhero universe.
I like some of the movies.
I hate the samey tone of the films.
I hate how they shit on villains and keep things simple.
I hate how everyone else is trying to copy them.
I hate how arrogant mcufags are.
I hate how they shit on characters that deserved better treatment on the screen.
I hate how they tainted GotG despite how good the movies are.

This. MCU and Big Bang Theory killed modern comics.

It's a bubble, it'll burst once the fad is over, but that probably won't be for another few years, 5 tops.

I think Captain America 1, Iron Man 1, TIH, Ant Man, Avengers 1 and GoG are all great films. The others had a couple flaws too many.

>family-friendly action/scifi movies are a bubble

3-5 years is when I suspect the bubble will pop, though I suspect there's going to be a steady decline rather than a straight up hard pop n' flop.

What I'm worried about is whether or not comics (namely Marvel) can actually survive should the MCU end up sinking.

I hate it

Over all I hate it starting white phase 3 with Age of Ultron and Antman

it never recovered from there

Most reports seem to indicate that moviefags have not increased sales as much as you'd expect.

>you have to either like something or hate it

Grow up.

It's alright. It definitely ran it's course.

>I don't have opinions
How do you feel about the MCU?

Love it, in spite of it's flaws. I don't think there was a single movie legitimately disliked so far, though a lot of that has to do with Phil Saunders, Andy Park, and Ryan Meindeering making god-tier concept art and costume designs to conceptualize what these movies are going to look like.

Movies - Marvel > DC
Comics - DC >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvel

All their movies suck except for GOTG 1 and 2

Yeah, this. I think people bitching about it not being accurate to the comics are retarded given how many nods there are to the comics. And people acting like they ruined the comics sure conveniently forgot that Civil War and One More Day came out before any of the movies even premiered.

>lazy adaptions but people give them a by because "it's good for a superhero movie" like that means anything.
This is the dumbest opinion I've seen on Sup Forums in a while. How old are you? Cause I remember everything desperately trying to be Burton's Batman, which itself made a lot of changes for the worse.

Overall, yes. I think the majority of the films and shows that come out of it are decent to good. The only majorly shitty things to come out of it is Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. Age of Ultron was disappointing too. Other than that, it's been pretty solid the whole way through. Looking forward to starting Defenders later tonight.

I kinda wanna see them make a lobo film. and yes I know he's DC but with how well deadpool was recieved, I wanna know how a character with a past of ripping the bra of other superheroes and murdering people for the sake of murdering and such would go.

I honestly think Phase 3 is the best phase by far, but I also think MCU has become the cool thing to hate and admittedly gotten so big, that you get this idea that they're all the same.

For example, we endlessly hear how Dr. Strange is Iron Man with magic. But it's not a story about a man isolating himself and taking responsibility for something, its a story about a man growing beyond himself and shedding his ego. It has the least amount of jokes in any MCU movie, yet its still called a quipfest. It has a real arc, but its never given credit for that, or the great visuals which is the goto MCU insult.

I really hate the idea that they're all the same when the executions can be quite varied. Overall I like it a lot. In the case of the Gunn and Russo movies, I love the MCU. But there are also some movies I would call genuinely bad, like Age of Ultron and Incredible Hulk.

And as someone thats older, its nice to see superhero movies where the protagonist matters, not the villain. It took 4 Batman movies before they actually gave a shit about looking at Bruce Wayne.

tl;dr MCU is good for the most part and think a lot of the more vocal complaints are because its an easy target

I hate it because Sup Forums hates it

>I hate how everyone else is trying to copy them.
Only WB is trying to copy them so far with their DCEU but DC universe shared universe is a pretty old project in fact DC announced plans to do it before Marvel

I love it because we're getting an Ant Man and The Wasp movie. I hate it because we had to endure movies like Thor 2 and Homecoming to get there.

Hell, I think the movies has been more detrimental to the comics than beneficial. F4 is pretty much dead and the films really haven't helped out all that much financially-speaking. The quality of the comics has also declined drastically over recent years, and I suspect the MCU has at least some influence in that regard.

Didn't care when it started but at this point, hate it, cause their resultant popularity ended up ruining the things I actually cared about, the comics they were based off of.

I like it. I just hate talking about it on Sup Forums.

I wish Disney bought DC instead.

DCAU >>>>>>>> MCU

Any day of the week.

sup bait

oh my bad, I read it as DCCU, not DCAU. in that case I agree with you.

Like.

It's lead to some enjoyable movies, and some mediocre ones. The mediocre ones don't make the good ones any worse.

I like it, it's even impressive that the MCU is the only non-SJW Marvel left

Its the best universe out of the 3. My favorite is still XCU.

I think you might be dyslexic, user.

Universal, Hasbro, and Disney with Star Wars are all trying to do the shared universe thing too and that's just off the top of my head.

which formula is that?

Pretty much the only movies I watch anymore are capeflicks.

like it. even the "bad" ones arent crap.

I like it.

The MCU has un-ruined characters like Iron Man (who is portrayed with nuance), Scarlet Witch (who actually has some agency), Vision (presented as a truly sentient being), Ant-Man (Scott is fun, while Hank Pym is actually portrayed as a good guy), and even made Rocket Raccoon into a household name.

In the MCU, the heroes are presented as flawed, but heroic, whereas in the comics they are frequently trashed by spiteful writers with agendas.

MCU Thor may be a frat boy but at least he is not the spineless little shit we have seen in Secret Empire.

The Russo's and Marcus/McFeely know how to deconstruct without destroying.

The ending of GotG2 showed the value of letting emotion settle instead of breaking the mood with a quip.

I'd love something like a Vision & Scarlet Witch movie, something so wildly different and outside the Marvel formula, yet could totally work.

It's incredible what Feige has achieved, and it frankly annoys me people now take it for granted.

If you travelled back in time and told people 20, even 10 years ago, that we would have what we now have, they would be amazed.

I think they have done an above average job, especially with Iron Man I and II, Thor is cast wonderfully (could be a little more arrogant), Hulk is PERFECT in Avengers with the rest being trash, Loki also perfect, but they fucked up Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch pretty badly.

They didn't fuck around and got Thanos rolling out of the gate as soon as the Avengers finally formed up.

My biggest gripes are that Thor is not nearly powerful enough, or gritty enough. He's laughing about instead of staring people down with lightening in his eyes

Though they mastered the witty banter comedy that pulled so many normies in it's getting old fast, start making it darker. Kill someone ffs, there was literally ZERO character development or empathy for Quicksilver in Avengers 2

No one died in Civil War ala fake Thor blasting a hole through Goliath, instead we have Ant-Man throw an oil tanker and War Machine getting paralyzed, which will be fixed next movie through some robotics crap Tony makes for him no doubt

Need more Nick Fury schemes

I still don't like the Cosmic Cube being an Infinity Stone, could have been used as a plot device later

Dr. Strange was the epitomy of the Marvel humor/goofy shit and was just boring

Ragnarok looks pretty fucking amazing, giving major kudos to being able to find a way to meld Thor Unworthy, World War Hulk, the Game of Champions, AND Hela all in to one. No doubt Collector will make an appearance as well. AND Hulk vs Surtur? SIGN ME UP!

I like some parts (Captain America) and hate other parts (Thor)

I'm getting a little tired of it, but I'll still pay for a ticket to all the movies slated to come out so what's it matter?

Definitely sick of Iron Man.

>le epic apathetic "mature" (((third party)))nihilist fencesitter meme

Love them. Though im rooting for DC to get their movies going so they can give marvel competition and cause marvel to shake up their formula and make their movies better

>Dr. Strange was the epitomy of the Marvel humor/goofy shit and was just boring
I don't see how you can think this when GotG vol. 1 and 2 exist.

The goofy moments of Dr. Strange did annoy me but both GotG movies were far worse.

Uhh, no, because Dr. Strange is the master of mysticism and does battle with masters of alternate dimensions and speaks often with omnipotent cosmic beings

The Guardians of the Galaxy have a fucking genetically altered raccoon as a character and they hired funny man Chris Pratt. I knew what I was going to get when I saw those movies.

I did not expect world renowned actor Bumblefuck Cumberditch getting his tears wiped away by the cloak of levitation and having an astral fist fight in a hospital room, somehow affecting the real world, because reasons

Strange and the mystic universe has alot of potential:

> Mordo becoming more extreme.
> Wanda's powers triggering Chthon vs Shuma Gorath war (Nightmare is one of Shuma's allies).
> Clea causing him to break his bargain with Dormammu.

It's fine

Needs more diversity of stories though

I'm old enough to remember when I would lament that I would never see these characters in live action movies. Old enough to remember thinking that the Captain America movie from the 90s was going to be the closest I would ever get. So I'm happy with and grateful for any superhero movie in one way or another. I can always find something to like.

It's DCEU fuckface

>I hate it because it's changed the comics
No, stupid people running the comics ruined the comics.

>World War Hulk
>Ragnarok

All is doing is ruining the chance of two epic stories being made into movies, instead we are just getting a comedic action movie.

I mean, we are not gonna get anything about World War Hulk beyond fight scenes and there you go, not a chance of getting that story for real, ever, ruining that armor forever just to make quips

>Dr. Strange
>Dr.
This is worse than "Spiderman."

Pretty much this.
I've enjoyed all about a few movies.

I like it but the last two have really highlighted how they're starting to stagnate into all just being acceptable movies without anything that makes them stand out. Thor 3 looks like it could be a lot of fun though so I have hope we'll get another Winter Soldier tier film.

liking it less and less as time goes on. A lot of it's humor comes off as so self-conscious as to be grating.

>The only one that was terrible IMHO was IM2,

Iron Man 3 is 1000x worse than 2.

Iron Man 3 is good. What don't you like about it?

I abhor it and all of the new "comic book fans" its memes brought out.

Its okay.

Literally everything. Tony's arc is nonsense since. Killian is one of the worst villains in the MCU. That fucking kid sidekick.

It's a dog shit film that never gets defended outside of soft, vague statements like the one you just made. It has literally no redeeming let alone memorable aspects. It undermined Tony's character so badly Disney had to tell the audience he wasn't retiring.

It's completely fucking awful.

I like it.

The Hero's Journey. Its a staple the majority of media goes through when stories are written.

You know how I know you're retarded? You bring up the kid sidekick like it isn't a complete reversal of the trope. He calls the kid a pussy and burns rubber in his face. He doesn't even give the kid a ride home.

Somehow you've decided to portray me saying it's good as evidence no one really likes it. How far up your own ass are you? Sorry I didn't give a detailed list of why I liked it when I was trying to ask you about your opinions.

Tony's arc makes complete sense. I can't say Killian is great, but one of the worst villains? He might be in a bottom tier, but he's not any worse than the other Iron Man villains, Dark Elf Man, Evil Doctor Strange, or Evil Ant Man (a good actor does not save a villain from being bad). I guarantee every normie remembers the house party protocol, and the "Tony uses home depot gadgets to infiltrate a mansion" was certainly something different for an Iron Man movie.

How, in any way, does it undermine Tony's character? I'm already bracing for "b-but he blew up his suits and has one in Ultron!"

Don't forget about the score, the soundtrack of Doctor Strange is actually genuinly good and has some really awesome tracks, but the "lel marvel has no memorable music" meme must prevail....

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg

>You know how I know you're retarded?

Because you're projecting.

>You bring up the kid sidekick like it isn't a complete reversal of the trope

No, I brought up the kid because he was a terrible character that brought the film down and was used for the one of the most blatant product placement scenes in the history of movies.

>Somehow you've decided to portray me saying it's good as evidence no one really likes it.

No, I was pointing out how the movie is always softly defended, and all you've done is just do what everyone else does. I know people like it because there are some fans who will always make themselves like anything with the Marvel label on it.

>Tony's arc makes complete sense.

It doesn't. He PTSD manifests as him building things, and goes away after the kid tells him to build things. It is a shallow portrayal of a real condition.

>I can't say Killian is great, but one of the worst villains?

Yes, the worst. Much worse than everyone you listed. He was repetitious in his motivations in comparison to characters like Hammer and Stane. One of his nefarious acts is rubbing War Machine's belly. He has no charisma. He never does anything cool except breathe fire once, outside of battle, despite his dragon tattoos.

>I guarantee every normie remembers the house party protocol, and the "Tony uses home depot gadgets to infiltrate a mansion" was certainly something different for an Iron Man movie.

In your dreams

>How, in any way, does it undermine Tony's character?

It removes his physical connection with the armor by removing his mechanical heart, moron. The entire arc Tony went through was him basically coming to a point emotionally where he realized he didn't need to by Iron Man. Again, Disney had to remind the audience in the last few seconds that Tony was still Iron Man.

its terrible

what this guy said

Love it. Has a ton of depth and material to work with so it's always fun to watch

You.... you believe this shit? You're reaching harder than Jordan in Space Jam.

I love it except TV-serieses and some movies like Age of Ultron. In the same time I barely can stand superhero comics.

jesus you're a cunt, half this shit I can say okay sure different tastes but the other half is you being deliberately obtuse (belly rubbing, final line)

this thread didn't have great conversation anyway

>jesus you're a cunt

At least I don't take it this personally when people are critical of movies I like. The worst thing I said before you started throwing insults around was that IM3 was dog shit.

My issue with the MCU isn't the franchise itself but the politics around it. Ike has become increasingly more protective of the brand, and ran the X-men further into the ground. Pudding contest between Marvel and other studios, forced WB to shit out and nearly sabotage their own universe, and now are affecting the MvC games.

The MCU is a fine franchise on its own but it has had terrible ramifications for the things I truly care for. I'm a ride or die dcfag and the MCU success has warped WB horribly, 90% of my Marvel interest is derived from the X-men(not the films fuck those) and yet they've been marginalizing them, and the other 10% is the MvC series which is forced to take in the look and feel of the films and it just looks awful. And it's given birth to some of the worst subcultures I've had to see evolve, the mainstream geek.

Good films, shit aftermaths, atleast for me.

Hate and sick of it already

Not planning to watch it the cinema anymore
Just torrent it

I like it when I'm watching it. The movies deliver in-the-moment experiences that don't stick after the credits. It's like a roller coaster ride. It's exhilarating, I don't regret doing it, but the thrill is fleeting.