Hellblazer - All His Engines Storytime

Let's read a stand-alone story written by Mike Carey

Other urls found in this thread:

www61.zippyshare.com/v/SCQ2vvMn/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mike Carey is my favorite Cuntstantine writer.

Nice

Any first time readers in here tonight?
Mighty, lots of blank pages in this OGN

This is actually technically a prequel to Azzarello's run, but it doesn't mean anything. Carey decided to answer a question that people did not needed answered: "why is John in America?"

Here we go

HECKBLAZER .44

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU

Question for the Dr. Strange fans: Was that mid 2000's animated movie based off any Strange stories? I remember the "kids falling asleep" thing being similar to this.

>2004
It's easy to forget that John started the series when he was 34, and aged to ~56 when it ended

Oh Chas, John doesn't deserve you.

How was that Chas mini? I think that and the latest Delano mini from like 2010 or something are the only Hellblazer related stories I haven't read.

Did anyone watch that Constantine show? I remember seeing a few episodes, being disappointed that it was cleaned up for television, then it went on break and I never figured out when it was back on

This is actually the only spin-off that I've read. I have to check out that Delano book though

Fact.

The actor for John was good and so was the black dude that was in Oz. Chas was terrible and the actress for Zed as well as the character sucked but the actress was smoking. It was pretty tame but worth a watch. I dislike the criticism of "cleanness" as John was never a swine but it bothers me more that John practically has a uniform in the show, always white shirt with red tie.

Delano did 4 I think minis. The Horrorist being the best known.

John meeting an old peer? This always ends well!

Ah, by cleaned up I meant the show changed the power dynamics in the adaptation of "A Feast of Friends."

Well, that's to be expected

I just started The Family Man this week and I've been enjoying it a lot. I thought it was weird how Delano starts this whole plot line only for it to immediately cut to guest issues from Gaiman and Morrison, but I love that when it goes back to Delano he has John goe "Why did I fuck off instead of dealing with the problem? Oh right, because I'm a fucking coward."

That reminds me of an early issue where Dream of the Endless appears for a panel, and John only comments on how he is glad that he no longer has to work on that job.

I'm not sure what the publication reason was for that, but the old trades contained the entirely of it, and the Gaiman/Morrison stuff was collected later on in a different volume.
These reprints have just been plowing straight through instead

I really liked that overpass highway page.

I love his slippers

That top panel could be cropped

No, the page did not rotate by accident

No Chas!

This guy is a delightful asshole

These chapters are unevenly placed

Is this /d/?

Yes it is.

How's the spanish in this?

Not the worst

That's good then. Someone posted a page from "The Unwritten" a few weeks ago and the German in that was terrible

Got a download, OP? I've never read this one and I've been dying for some classic Constantine, but it's 3am and I've work in the morning, so I'll have to check the archive later.

It's always pretty hit-or-miss. There was some terrible Russian in a recent Black Widow. It always surprises me they don't just get a professional translator for that kind of thing.

Whoops, here:
www61.zippyshare.com/v/SCQ2vvMn/file.html

I found it on libgen a few weeks ago

I love the blunt-ness of John on that last page

Thanks, OP. You're a legend. Those who storytime great comics are the unsung heroes of Sup Forums.

Was Chas in any of the New52 stuff? I miss their mutual ball-busting.

:D

Desu I really like Constantine comics but can't stand Constantine himself. I always have to pace myself through arcs & stories.

Yeah, it's not exactly a good idea to try to read the entirety of Hellblazer at once. The material and storylines can be hard to endure.

It's more that there's a lot of repetition when it comes to Constantine himself? In particular I ended up being a lot less into Ennis Constantine than I expected to be.

There is great character development but the actual problem-and-resolution starts to blend for me if I try and marathon it, and the repetitive traits become annoying.

I definitely see that. I'm not exactly a huge fan of Steve Dillon's art either. I liked Delano over Ennis

That's some wonky art top right

Still, thanks for storytiming this.