This is powerful

This is powerful.

Being an Iron Fist fan is suffering

This has always been true so, its comic acurate

>Literally telling him to check his privilege

Damn...

So did anyone in this thread watch or listen to the rest of the scene? Or the scenes after it?

no

Imagine being the Iron Fist actor having to take all this white privilege shit. After people sent him death threats over him having the audacity to play a white character on screen.

Very true. People here won't care for the wording (privilege is my trigger word!!1!), but his message is correct

Honest question did anyone ever had some black person to tell how much privilege you have?Or if you're a black person you ever tould some white person about privilege?

I had a lot of black friends at my school and later college and never saw anything like that, sounds something only an literally autistic teenager would say in someone face in real life

impiddlyplying i'm going to watch this crap

>thinking something is dumb means you're triggered by it
love how liberals have co-opted this defense mechanism

Just finished the series, you got questions?

They must fight before they become best friends ( tvit is the way it is). Class warfare is the easiest way.

Well that's the thing user. You're friends were probably doing well in life, or, if not, trying to build a better life. Thus, they had no need, or time, to even think about the privilege meme. If any black person says it, it's usually just an excuse for why they haven't left the hood and keep acting like criminals.

Wuz it gud

Scene aside, is it any good? I've only watched Daredevil.

Pretty middle of the road. Some okay character moments, but the story keeps stopping to exposit all over you.

Nobody says that stuff in normal everyday circumstances, that's just weird. But if a rich highclass society guy was bragging about how much suffering he has and told you your life's easy, what would you think? No contrarian answers please.

Yes. Luke Cage gets to do that.

Nah, I'd say 5/10. Didn't hit the same lows as other shows but didn't hit any of the highs either. Lots of standing around and talking.

Has there been any superhero friendship that didn't start from fighting?

To the kid who spent his entire life abused and brainwashed by a group of extremist monks and who literally lived on the streets for a few weeks when he finally got back to NY?

>Frank is gonna join this shit

MCU Cap and Falcon

This happened in the comics. I'm sure someone can post the panel where it happened.

>Honest question did anyone ever had some black person to tell how much privilege you have?

Yes. I had a black friend that was pretty normal until the 2016 election. We never talked about politics, we usually just played video games and watched movies, but sometime that year he actually told me I'm privileged (which is funny because his family is richer than mine). He started getting more and more engulfed into politics. His facebook feed is entirely huffpost articles, trump complaining, and other typical 24 year old liberal shit.

RIP Jesse. You were cool. Not anymore.

Is Luke supposed to be in the right or he is being a dick because that's what always happens to future friends in the mcu?

I've never met a guy named Jesse who wasn't a massive piece of shit.

They're being mad at each other. LC caught IF beating up a black kid who was working for the hand, there was some misunderstanding and they fought. Claire brought them together to talk it out but LC thinks Danny is a rich white boy who doesn't care about the little guy and Danny thinks LC doesn't understand the larger ramifications of what's happening.

Why is the Iron Fist such a big deal? Luke is literally more powerful in every way. Hell, Captain America and Iron Man could end the Hand on their own.

It is a big deal, Danny just sucks at it. It was one of the big plot points of IF. They showed a brief clip of what a fully powered Iron Fist can do and Danny is clearly like Lv 1.

They're nerfing IF in general. A recent comic had him job BADLY to a minor LC villain.

If someone has it, please post it.

>if you're a black person you ever tould some white person about privilege?
No, but I wouldn't deny that there's not some aspect of it at play in society, or at least, I'm weary about acting or dressing a certain way just in case I look a certain profile, but I'm not too dark skinned or "thuggish" to look threatening, I don't think.
I'm not the kind of person who'd give much of a shit about it to be preachy, or to even think about it if I meet some white dude, but I know people who would.

So in other words, you're okay with "darkies" until they get all uppity and shit?

Of course not people just come here to get angry

I don't care if he's white, asian, or mexican. Keep that hysterical political shit to yourself.

THIS is why he had to stay white

You don't get the same deal if he was a rich Asian American

But asian americans make more money than white americans, so wouldn't he be more privileged?

Guys, maybe banning Sup Forums will make stuff like this stop appearing on television!

This is merely fanservice. They have a checklist of all the possible demographics they need to pander to; let's make them pose side by side for the team-up nerds, let's put comic references for the comic nerds, let's put that rap song as BGM fit the fight scene,...etc. on a slightly related note, where the fuck was Stan Lee?

No because they're nip nong ching chongs

>This happened in the comics.
It was bad then and it is bad now, you faggot.

"It was in the comics" is not, nor has it ever been a justification for hamfisted bullshit like this.

>You may think you earned your strength, but you had power the day you were born.
>Me? I wasn't born with it and I didn't work for it like you, I literally just got handed unbreakable skin from a guy. I didn't even want it to happen! Then after he saved me from certain death and I broke his life's work to make sure nobody else ever could have it and essentially made myself untouchable in this neighborhood.
>But you know, the parents you had to watch die were rich, so you don't know how lucky you are when you use those skills you worked your ass off to stop someone from ruining a crime scene non-lethally.

You literally could not ask for a better picture of how bullshit that privileged argument is.

He probably doesn't care as long as he gets his weed

aren't these guys supposed to be bros?

>muh white privilege
That shit is only drummed out for news to sell outrage. Privilege is about the have and have nots. Being a thug piece of shit transcends race.

identity politics ruined white-black friendships

Identity politics is basically ruining everything since the left keeps pushing this "everything is political" bullshit.

No because they got no political/social power as a group like whites, Jews in the other hand fit the "privilege" thing pretty well however they're only 2-3% of US population so the can claim to be "vulnerable".

Wow Sup Forums thanks for the false flag.
You fucking cunts.

>scholarships and quotas everyfuckingwhere
>getting the Dalai lama speech shut down because muh china

Pretty sure they Become friends after working together a few times

Except in the end it showed no matter their differences, they let that aside & become closer than family.

Oh wow, they became friends despite being different races.

What an empowering and thought provoking message.

A character can express their opinion without also being the mouthpiece of the writer that wrote them. Without the context of the rest of the episode it's impossible to tell from this scene alone, it's just been cherry picked to get people on the internet mad about.

Wasn't this the kind of stuff Luke and Danny argued about all the time back in their 70s book? Just with less modern lingo. That was like the dynamic of their relationship. Danny was the well meaning but ignorant white kid paired with the streetwise Cage.

Except back then, it was. You're forgetting this was done in 1978. Hell, at this moment we're living it, it still works, but people are too stupid to think & instead skipping the meaning & taking it at face value so they find more ways to bitch at Danny being a white man.

Luke never said anything this stupid in the comic book did he.

>Hell, at this moment we're living it
All on account of liberals, such as these writers, reintroducing and catering to identity politics.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

What he said in the show made complete sense. Also you don't read comics so why do you care?

>Hell, at this moment we're living it, it still works
No, almost everyone got friends from other races today, at least in all north/central/south america and Europe, is not a big deal at all is part of everyone everyday just like having female friends is not a big deal as well.

>SJWs please watch. Please SJWs. Watch. Please. Please. Please SJWs. Please watch.

>Or if you're a black person you ever tould some white person about privilege?
Nah, telling people their hardwork has had nothing to do with their achievements is piece of shit behavior an I try not to be one of those.

>buhhh you don't share my problems
If you ever do that in real life people will never ever stop calling you a faggot, and Luke was supposed to be a tough guy.

pic not related? weirdo.

>Hell, at this moment we're living it
Fuck I meant to say 'living in'*
Whoops.
Also, is that what you believe? I would your sorta right but I would also say people have become dumber since then.

>we're living it
Again, I meant to say 'living in'. Yea, we're making friends with all kinds of people with color, but the message still works because of the recent attitude with everyone on the subject of a caucasian person, especially a caucasian male.

Did this actually happen though?

>tfw you're liberal but you hate seeing ridiculously heavy handed bullshit like this

I mean, their first meeting in the comics featuring Danny punching Luke so hard a 15 story building fell in on him.

>Danny's parents die
>he's forced to watch as his mother is flung out of the plane
>he is stranded in the Himalayas on the brink of death
>brought to K'un-L'un, where he undergoes the most grueling and punishing training to become the Iron Fist
>in the process of becoming the Iron Fist, he has to fight a literal dragon
>returns to his home in New York only to learn all his old friends despite him
>some even want him dead
>fights against the Hand, an ancient criminal organization that threatens not only his life, but the lives of all those he holds dear
>returns to K'un-L'un, only to learn everyone there, everyone he grew up with, everyone he was friends with, are now dead
>but because he's white, Luke believes Danny is more privileged than Cole, a kid who is helping the Hand cover up the murders of innocent people
Defend this, Sup Forums. Last time I asked this, it was before I actually watched the scene and everyone told me that "Luke didn't know those things about Danny at the time," but you were all lying. Luke did know — he was literally told Danny's life story right before. Even more ludicrous is what Luke says afterward — he says that, before "everything" happened to Danny, as in, back when Danny was fucking ten years old, he had the power to change the world without hurting anyone. As in, Luke honestly believes that Danny, as a ten year old, would have the power to do anything. And although Danny has gone through more travesty, more tragedy, more torture than most people in the show, he is somehow more privileged than everyone else.

And don't get me started on the scene where Matt literally slams a store owner's head into a brick wall because they were trying to defend their property from looters.

We waz virtue signaling asshole n'shit

Whelp, wasn't gonna watch it anyway.

Cass and Steph?
Cass would knock her out sometimes, but they never seriously fought.

Good thing I never watched any Netflix Murrvl shows, and now I know that I shouldn't!

marvel is shit and they know they are losing everywhere
this is just their last attempt at relevancy till the next 3 movies come out and they go bankrupt

I once had a black lesbian tell me that she empathizes with the rotten history of my people and believes I and her are on equal ground
I'm Irish

And still
>Normies don't get this shit through their fucking skull
>Keep complaining about him being white & how he is upset with all the shit he's been put through.
Danny might've been annoying at times in the show, but I totally sympathized with him.

You couldnt have picked a worse character for Luke to pull the race card on. This shit would work on Stark, not Danny of all fucking people. Cage is just pissy he cant fix this because its bigger than street level crime, and hes got a persecution complex given his history

If I didn't watch movies, I'd think black people are an endangered species.
Black people are so rare around here, you can't help but stare everytime one appears. It's like finding a rare monster in pokemon.

You just like this page because he's killing black males, don't you?

What's funny is they couldn't have picked a worse character than Luke to be pulling it.

While the second half of his season wasn't great in general when it shows us his past we learn he himself was a benefactor of privilege growing up, he constantly skirted responsibility as a result of his father's position in the community.

He is one to talk. He should recognize in Danny someone who is trying to do the right thing even if it reflects poorly on them. Instead he's just using Danny's bowed head as a stepping stone like so many other opportunists he and others claim to despise.

This sort of two faced shit makes me sick. The reason we're so divided is because of cases like that first image where someone looks for the DIFFERENCEs instead of what we share in common.

>ITT people don't know that literally every good comic book friendship began with the two guys insulting each other over misunderstandings and getting into a fight
The whole point was that Luke was wrong about Danny and that Danny was wrong about Luke

The dialogue was kind of bad but if anyone is privileged it would be someone born a billionaire.

but muh boogeymen!

>inherit family company worth billions
>not privileged
The point is Luke was wrong about Danny anyway. Knowing his history isn't the issue, it's that Danny was acting like an immature kid with an overly simple view of the situation. The context of the scene is pretty important famalam.

Yes. No one likes an uppity faggot.

he killed bunch of white trash racist bikers the page before this1

Certain black people shoot indiscriminately toward people wearing the wrong color shirt and then still want to whine about privilege.

When I was in my freshman year of highschool (2004-2005) I had some kid that was from a local upper middle class family tell me that I had no idea what it meant to be oppressed or something along those lines. I was so stunned by this assumption I just laughed in his face and walked off.
I grew up living in project housing in very bad neighborhood, up until high school I had been one of only six or so white kids in my entire school and was regularly beaten up specifically because of racist bullshit, the fact that this rich kid who had never so much as been in a fight before thinks he's got it rough just because of his skin color was just too bizarre to me to be worth worrying about.

Well if he followed it up with "...because my parents died in a horrible accident when I was eight years old and I've spent 15 years of my life living in the Himalayas" I might take him seriously.

But user, we have to be mad at black people. This is Sup Forums after all.

Powerful AF
I do
When Matt is following Jessica
This

I just finished daredevil season 3 myself, it was alright, danny was insufferable
makes me think the problem really is the abysmal actor they chose, he isn't likable or charismatic at all and isn't even a good actor. He's the only one where it's very clear hes acting. it never feels natural
these shows had an opportunity to make a relatively unknown become popular, and I can tell you there are no new iron fist fans because of these shows.

why was he even there?
>worse fighter than matt by orders of magnitude
>his full power punch is only strong enough to knock luke over, not even knock him out
>has to recharge it after using it anyway

pointless shitty character. The show immediately improved when he was taken out of the mix for a while

>Being an Iron Fist fan is suffering
Try being a Hispanic Iron Fist fan, I constantly get shit for trying to defend a "white saviour" character even though I'm not white. I just really like the whole chi thing. also his costumes are neat as fuck

I had an argument with a Pansexual black girl and her lesbian gf a while ago. Over Diversity and beauty standards and the usual gobbledygook.

I'm a latino. Dark-skinned, dark-haired, 5'7'', ESL Latino.

That said, it wasn't a big argument by any means, but I was apparently expected to agree and side with them just because I'm a "PoC".

Who do you talk to that actually brings up that shit?

how to trigger with one simple image

I can't help but laugh because I just know some of the people that demanded an Asian Iron Fist are gonna go YAAAAS at this scene.