Was Pa Kent retarded?

Was Pa Kent retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K0lQxUqmnfU
comicbook.com/2015/03/13/smallvilles-john-schneider-dislikes-man-of-steels-jonathan-kent/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe...

Snyder was.

That's a weird way to spell Goyer.

f&spbp

>knew if the world knew of Superman people would go crazy
>literally seen as a god or Jesus 2.0
>Crazy people like Lex say him as the devil incarnate
>Drove Batman mad until M A R T H A since Batman didn't see him as human until then
why does Sup Forums lack basic comprehension skills?

I don't think so, but he certainly made sure his kid was with his bullshit nu-parenting.

>>literally seen as a god or Jesus 2.0
Yeah, by Zack Snyder.
Also, making everybody act retarded so your stupid choices make sense is shit writing.

I guess you have no idea what the fuck a cult is then, lad
youtube.com/watch?v=K0lQxUqmnfU

I don't see how that does anything but emphasize what I said.

> Caring about human life so you genuinely want to help people but are held back by valid fears that your existence will cause upheavals in society...
> Retardation...
It's fucking baffling how your fucking mind words.

Short answer: yes.
Long answer: Hack Snyder should stop making films.

>Somebody helps people
>Both people in favor and against him act cartoonishly crazy, with no nuance or middle ground at all
It's fucking baffling how some writer's minds work.

>ignoring that this only happens because the script demands it to happen
>ignores a shitload of Superman stories that either have Clark finding a way to circumnavigate it by showing what a real hero is like, or just doesn't focus on retarded shit at all.
>ignoring that every Jonathan Kent of every other Superman comic is better than the MOS version and would have agreed that saving the kids was the right thing.

Seriously, the scene is fixed just by Mr.Kent being mad at him for almost exposing himself, to him sitting on his side, putting a hand on his shoulder and them saying with a smile "but I'm proud of you son. You thought on others before yourself".

But that's so fucking stupid. Literally all Batmans grievances with Superman are still there and still valid. None of that changes because he knows Superman has a mother. And Superman still has valid grievances with Batman. None of that shit that the movie spent building up and exploring was solved.

>33 years old
>no actual job or home, has to move around and work on whatever he can
>probably a virgin and had his first gf with 33
>don't stand up for himself or his beliefs in front of people, instead, destroy their shit on their backs
>balding middle aged man full of doubts in everything of his life
>can't communicate properly with people and has 0 charisma.
>has hallucinations of his dead father that killed himself in front of him, ranbling about dead horses's screams.

Besides, it doesn't change the fact that Batman still killed (either directly or by proxy) villains he knew were human and had moms during the rest of movie anyway.

I gotta recognize that at least it was consistent. Shitty parenting resulted in a shitty kid.

This. The resolution to BvS is "Superman is HUMAN so Batman can trust him!" but it was a movie and a half of "Humans are shit! You can't trust them!"

>>no actual job or home, has to move around and work on whatever he can
On purpose to keep his secret that could cost thousands of lives if revealed. Genocides have happened over smaller thing then godly powerful aliens being revealed to exist.
>>probably a virgin and had his first gf with
Snyder confirmed he was not a virgin & considering how friendly/respectful he was with the waitress & the liking she seemed to have for him it's unlikely he would have a huge trouble getting laid.
>>don't stand up for himself or his beliefs in front of people
Because he doesn't like to punch down.
>>destroy their shit on their backs
Because he has a natural bit of pent up spite after 33 years of taking abuse.
>> full of doubts in everything of his life
Because he is a fucking alien with no idea where he came from or why.
>>can't communicate properly with people and has 0 charisma.
Your confusing him INTENTIONALLY being a fly on the wall with him not being capable of doing otherwise.
And he had plenty of charisma with Lois.

>Teaching your kid that lives inherently have value but the big picture matters even more...
>Shitty parenting...

>teaching your kid that lives inherently have value
>"Should I have let those kids die?"
>"Maybe idk lol."

>Teaching your kid that lives inherently have value but the big picture matters even more...
>Shitty parenting...
He fucking killed himself rather than let Clark (who moves at SUPER SPEED) save their dog!

>Pa Kent's shitty parenting literally killed him
Like pottery

>Genocides have happened over smaller thing then godly powerful aliens being revealed to exist.
How would Superman's reveal result in a fucking genocide?

>Because he doesn't like to punch down.
He doesn't need to. He just has to act like a man, not necessarily a superhuman. Instead he goes behind the guy's back like some passive aggressive piece of shit.

>after 33 years of taking abuse.
Taking abuse from whom and why? Did the bullies keep following him around for 33 years?
Why hasn't he learned to stand up for himself in all that time? Again, I don't mean breaking shit but simply acting like any man with an ounce of self respect would.

>Because he is a fucking alien with no idea where he came from or why.
This would've made sense if he was 19 like in the Earth One graphic novel some of the movie was based on. By 33 he should've come to terms with it already, otherwise he just comes off as an immature manchild.

I liked Kevin Costner Kent. Yeah, "stop invisible son" was a horrible scene but what he lacked in spelled-out moral guidance he made up for with his clear, fierce love for Clark. If nothing else Snyder made it abundantly clear that, in Kansas, Superman learned that he was a citizen of Earth first and foremost and that humanity is his people.

Costner Kent was darker than most, but I don't think he's the complete loss a lot of people write him off as. His lessons for Clark are less direct than the let-me-spell-out-for-you-how-you-should-live-a-moral-life Pa Kent of the comics, but they still plausibly lead up to Superman becoming Superman (plus "you are my son" genuinely gets me).

Would I have done Pa Kent this way? Probably not. But I don't hate it.

Being seen as a god-like figure isn't new

Seriously, if you kept that entire speech but replaced "Maybe" with "Of course not, but" then it would have been a good scene and made Pa a much better character.

>If nothing else Snyder made it abundantly clear that, in Kansas, Superman learned that he was a citizen of Earth first and foremost and that humanity is his people.

In this very thread you has a snydercuck defending that Clark was an alien autist who couldn't communicate and interact with humanity as others because he saw himself as an alien.

>Should I expose myself and put other people at risk in trying to catch me and treat me as a god or monster
>or
>Save these people and never have any peace since the media would hound me for the rest of me and my family's lives
Not save them
>Not save them and live with the guilt for the rest of my life.
Not save them, but use this even to try harder in helping people without exposing myself.

He taught him such earlier in life hence Clark wanting to help them to begin with.
He wasn't meaning the "mabye" literally he was saying it to get his point across how dire his concerns are.
Of course you choose to ignore his following line "there is more at stake then our lives or the lives of those around us".
They have no idea how fast Clark is. And no he tried to save the dog because he wanted Clark to save Martha & the little girl, again PRIORITIES.

>How would Superman's reveal result in a fucking genocide?
Muslims or other fanatics mass murdering people to spite the being that proves their god false.
Governments going to war for supporting/harboring him.
>He just has to act like a man
It's not going to be very lowkey for him to bafflingly easily throw the bar guy out on his ass.
>but simply acting like any man with an ounce of self respect would.
People's lives are more fucking important then our individual egos.
>By 33 he should've come to terms with it already
"He should have come to terms with something no human on earth has ever experienced or had to deal with in the time frame I say so.

>defending that Clark was an alien autist who couldn't communicate and interact with humanity as others because he saw himself as an alien.
FOR FUCK'S SAKE, that is not what I am arguing AT ALL. I am arguing that he CHOOSE to not interact with them for their overall safety (and because they are chaotic & untrustworthy) not because he was incapable of doing so or didn't identify with them.

>Muslims or other fanatics mass murdering people to spite the being that proves their god false.
>Governments going to war for supporting/harboring him.
That didn't happen. You can't keep saying it would've when aliens got revealed and none of that happened.

Look the thing you guys are forgetting to account for is that according to Snyder, Goyer, Jonathan, the vocal minority that is the DCEU fans, and everything about the DCEU, humanity is shit.

>FUCK YOU DAD YOU WERE A VILLAIN ALL ALONG!

Nah.
He's just not perfect.
People just can't accept that and throw an autistic shit fit.

If you people can't understand what is going through Jonathan's mind by reading his body language, listening to his tone, or empathzing with his situation, please never have children because you will be shit parents.

>(and because they are chaotic & untrustworthy
Except they weren't. So it was all for nothing.

>They weren't
Washington is a crater, just to fuck with him.

It doesn't matter if it happened or not. The concern is still valid and based on the facts of humanities past.
This is like saying because a woman went to a lonely park in a bad neighborhood to jog and didn't get raped that means it was wrong for her to buy mace.
Or just because you didn't crash means it was ok for you to drive drunk.

And yet STILL worth saving as individuals are good even if the whole is more likely to do bad then good.
We are not fucking asking for these heroes to not have faith/hope in humanity we are simply asking that they prepare for the worst case scenario regardless.

Preparing for the worst case scenario with cowardice and paranoia isn't heroic.

Nothing cowardly about staying hidden for the greater good.
Sure as fuck more heroic then going off half cocked because you care more about being "heroic" then you care about peoples fucking lives.
And being aware of current events isn't paranoia, Muslims bomb their own people DAILY.

"I hear dying horses Clark! Every waking hour I hear their death throes! I was a child and it's all my fault! I should have let my family drown instead! Like you should have with that bus full of children! I thought tornado suicide would be the end of my torment, but the horses... I see them now Clark! The haunt my afterlife, watching them drown again, and again for eternity!"

What did Snyder mean by this?

Oh come on... Pa Kent screwing up Clark with his bullshit outlook on life can't be laid completely at Snyder's feet. Snyder's not an idiot, I'm sure he knows how to raise well-adjusted kids!

Quality post

I get what he was trying to get at, but "let them die" was a horribly edgy and extreme way to get it across.

He was too honest and realistic for a superhero movie. In our reality Pa Kent's advice about keeping a low profile would make perfect sense, it would only be a matter of time before the government figured out who the guy flying around calling himself "Superman" was and Clark's chances of living a normal life would be out the window. People like to shit on him for saving the dog himself instead of sending his indestructible son but that sounds like what any concerned father would do in that situation, especially one who doesn't know the full limits of his son's potential and whether or not he could survive a tornado. It was a shitty movie but it made sense.

I just hate the fucking tornado. A heart attack is much more poetic.

Maybe he should've had faith in the son he raised and the world at large like all other Pa Kent's do.

Too bad the world would then eventually get visited by aliens and all sorts of cosmic threats that lying low and trying to live a normal life would be all but impossible.

No the sense would have been to let the fucking dog die. it wasn't even consistent and it made it's point terribly.

>Superman gets tormented by visions of his dog

I don't know if that's a better or worse sign of his mental state

>some dumb dog or your dad
This isn't even a choice.

>caring about his son more than the other kids
>somehow a negative
Do you hate your parents or did your parents hate you?

Do you idiots even humanity? That's exactly what would happen. In real life.

Snyder's characters don't usually act like actual humans to begin with, they make monologues all the time and have usually a very retarded and unnatural dialogue. Also, comics and cartoons have dealed with it in way better ways.

If you want to do something different, at least try being good at it.

Pa Kent was a rust belt American farmer.
He really would never have gone for the dog.

I think that overall MOS got too much shit, but I'll never be able to call it a good film purely for the way it utterly ruined the Kents. The aspect of two normal kindhearted people being the ones who made Superman, the ones who adopted an orphan alien and raised him into a good man who has devoted his life to the service of others was, to me, probably the most inspiring and appealing part of Superman's whole mythos. One of the aspects that is beautiful in its message and simplicity and that it should be utterly impossible to fuck up. Now it's ruined.

>You need to grow up and spend your entire life saving people while wearing a cape and red underwear over your pants, son. All lives are precious.
>But fuck dogs, you can always buy a new one. They're literally worthless. I don't want you to ever save a single one, son. If one ends up dead they deserved to die.

- Jonathan Kent, a father of the year winner since 1939.

Underated post

I don't fucking watch comic book movies for real life shit, faggot.

listen to the real pa kent

comicbook.com/2015/03/13/smallvilles-john-schneider-dislikes-man-of-steels-jonathan-kent/

>“I love Kevin, and I love what Kevin does. But I didn’t care for one scene in there, where Jonathan was advising Clark to do something that was self-serving, it was tell a lie, I can’t remember exactly what it was. I think Jonathan Kent is the best dad perhaps ever depicted on television. And I don’t mean my work, I just mean the man I was fortunate enough to play. He was a great father, and I don’t think the one in Man of Steel was a great father. He had some flaws that don’t belong in a comic book. I really had wished that had been me.”

Quite unlike Snyder's own kid, in which case shitty parenting killed the kid.

>the horses Clark, they never stop! I can hear them even now! they never stop screaming!
that was fucked up

I had the impression they wanted to show this Superman being inherently good and not because of how he was raised.

It's fucked up if you don't understand what he was saying.

t. retard

Yes, user you'd have to be retarded to take a simple speech about actions being simply about drowning horses

>obvious sarcastic post misquoting a scene
>brainlet doesn't understand the user is joking because he is actually a retard that thinks he is smarter than everyone else because he "understand" a superhero movie

>obvious retard doesn't understand simple scene
>Hurr was a joke guys :^)

>everyone is stupid except me!
>no way some people are just joking or messing around

t. retard angry who got called out.

Are you retarded? Are you new to people misquoting scenes with made up quotes on Sup Forums?

It's ok to not understand a scene user. Just try to not sound like a complete moron next time you want to bring up something you don't understand.

>Defending Snyder

You get the movies you pay for.

>I really had wished that had been me
We all do.

Hope you are baiting instead of being a retard larping as a "smart" person

Why did Snyder hate Superman's best pal Jimmy Olsen?

Me too. The problem is that Superman is supposed to embody all that is good in man, he is not supposed to be Jesus, so all that is food in him must come from humans by way of how he is raised.

Goyer wrote the script

>small town farmer from kansas doesn't know the answer to everything.

What I take from those movies is that parents are assholes.

Pa Kent tells Clark to let people die.
Thomas Wayne is responsible for his and his wife death and traumatizing his son.
Ma Kent can't even tell to her son: "I know you're a good person, I trust you to do the right thing." Instead she's all "You don't owe anything to them, do what you want. I know it'll be the right thing." Superman's mother is really the character that shows the most that Snyder is a follower of Ayn Rand.

I wish Costner had gotten to play Pa Kent, he's perfect for it.

>Thomas Wayne is responsible for his and his wife death and traumatizing his son.
>these movies
That's every version of Batman, though.

I'm not really sure how you made the jump from "having faith in the inherent goodness of her adopted son" to "Ayn Rand Objectivism".

>Maybe you should have let that bus full of kids die Clark, now they're gonna think you're some weirdo

>so all that is food in him must come from humans

Soooo does this mean Superman is a cannibal?

Humorously enough, Superman -does- meet Ayn Rand in one of the comics, she is portrayed as Lois Lane's friend and IIRC she subtly scoffs at Superman's altruism and selfless personality.

Goddammit fucking this. Guy was Mr. America in the early 1990s.

>Clark and Pa will never drink beers on the porch

Clark doesn't owe the world anything. If he did, his heroism would be just a debt and a burden that had to be paid off. A hero isn't someone who is forced to do good.

For the last time, yes. /thread.

I don't like to point fingers but the first Reeve movie started all the Space Jesus shit (and Jor-El as Space God).

Like you said, he is a "super man" because of his alien biology but he becomes "Superman" because the Kents raised him to be a good man.

> some people still thinks and expects BvS Batman as a sane and reasonable person, or a hero for all that matters.

why dont people get that Snyder portraited Batman to be a madman ON PURPOSE?

>It's not going to be very lowkey for him to bafflingly easily throw the bar guy out on his ass.
He doesn't have to, the fact that he can even have sex with a woman without killing her tells us he can measure his strength. He can still throw his ass out of the place while making it look like a human effort, just like everything else he has been doing in his life so far.

>People's lives are more fucking important then our individual egos.
That's exactly the opposite of what Pa Kent, and Ma Kent tell Clark. They tell him people can be shitty so he should hide to be safe. It was never about that bullshit "genocide" you completely made up. He's literally told he maybe should've let people die so his powers would be kept secret.

>"He should have come to terms with something no human on earth has ever experienced or had to deal with in the time frame I say so.
Yes, if he wants to come off as a somewhat sympathethic human being, which is what the movie is trying to show us, a "human" Superman. The problem is that Snyder seems to think that what makes us human are only the shittiest aspects of humanity, and anything about "hope" or other positive things come off as forced and shoehorned in because somebody reminded him this is a Superman movie.

>That's exactly what would happen. In real life.
What? Somebody finding out his mortal enemy has a mom with the same name as his and not only spare his life but become quipping buddies with him and be super sad and inspired by his death, which he was trying to cause himself just a little while ago?

Because it is stupid and non sensical, and Batman now is a giant hypocrite that is fine with killing people off, but don't need to go to jail because he feels kind of sorry. To not mention that one of the most interesting conflicts of the character is on his limitations and dilemmas with his no kill rule, making him trust fund Punisher was a big mistake. He went from someone whose conflicts comes from struggling to not cross the line, to someone that crossed the line (thus showing how weak he is at being a "hero").