Let's talk about Avatar: The Last Airbender

Ever discussion gets derailed now, so no Legend of Korra allowed.

Do you think that Zuko selling his soul to Bobbidi was a good turning point for his character, or did it further derail his earlier development the past 2 seasons?

Okay. What do you want to talk about?

Ending was a chimp out but overall I think the series was really good. I still revisit it every now and then. Really sucks that attempts at continuing the world have been ass, and I would've loved to see that TV special about Zuko's mom or whatever.

What was your favorite season/episode?

Rewatched the first few episodes a while back and I forgot how corny and silly the show sometimes was. The animation was also a lot less smooth than I remembered. That said, atla is still pretty great overall, and it's a shame its legacy has been tainted by lok. Its always a pleasure to see American animation aspire to be more than 22 minute long streams of silly comedy, and even more so to see it live up to those aspirations.

Huh. Tough call. I guess my favorite episode would probably be Tales From Ba Sing Se. I know it's a filler episode, but I've always liked those so long as it's not a clip show. All the bits were entertaining. Sokka's haiku battle was great, and obviously the tribute to Mako was wonderful.

Tales is a pretty solid episode. S2 in general is my favorite season. Lots of great character moments and tons of great action. S3 kind of jumped the shark a bit for me, and imo the series at large never recovered after that.

I think it was that moment when He recreated the Avatar version of the raping of Nanjing FIREing all those earth nation girls specially when He FIRED Suki infront of Sokka

I wish there were more episodes with Zuko and the Gaang. The ones we got were nice, but they almost felt gimmicky because they all seemed to be based on the premise of "and now it's THIS person's turn to hang out with Zuko". It feels born out of necessity as opposed to the whole Gaang organically chilling together. At least Ember Island Players was GOAT

>they all seemed to be based on the premise of "and now it's THIS person's turn to hang out with Zuko
I still absolutely love the joke calling that out.

S3 in general felt very mismanaged time wise

It seems clear they planned for four seasons and had to crunch things.

I don't know why, but I felt the show kinda faltered a bit when Mako passed

I don't think so. The whole "book" theme of the seasons seemed to imply they were always shooting for 3.

my favorite episode is the desert

Season 2 is the best.
Favourite episode is a tough call. I'll go with Zuko Alone.

Zuko Alone is some good shit.

I think with the first half of season 1, they had to strike a balance. They had to do all this world building with the genocide and the imperialism and all that heavy stuff but then they had to make a show for kids. So what you get is a lot of goofy shit one-off adventures to offset the brutality of the fire nation. I still love the whole series, but season 2 is what really gets my dick hard.

Season Two
Into the Inferno. Zuke v Azula and AIRSHIP SLICE!

AND THEY'RE ALL THE SAME BUT WITH DIFFERENT SKIN AND HAIR COLOR

FUCKING SHAD FUCKING SUCKS DICK AT LOLIS

STICK TO WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT YOU HACK

Has never seen a cartoon with such a big scope and just brilliant world building. No cartoon has ever reached this level of grandness with its universe while still being extremely consistent..

Last battle has the most iconic image in the world. Prove me otherwise.

AANG IS A KEK

Maybe but i'd still like to tuck them all in at night, and give them a loving kiss on the cheek

> stick to what you're good at.
And that is.....?

Why is Iroh the best cartoon character ever created?

I kinda wish this happened.

The chibi shorts! Fuck, I totally forgot about those.
Didn't like the swamp one much, but the others were way better than they had any right to be.

>Unteralterbach 2.0
oh baby

Same. It was interesting to see even Aang losing his cool for once, and the Sokka moments were great and prevented the situation from being a pure broodfest.

tales from ba sing se was great, but considering someone picked it already i'll say the beach.

Were the Fire Lord Ozai justified in wanting to burn Earth Kingdom to the ground?

show was good but had two big fuck ups at the end
the energy bending was an asspull to surpass all asspulls
and Zuko beating Azula because she went crazy was a terrible decision. it completely removed his progression as a character. She should have been completely sane and still lost

>no Legend of Korra allowed
that'd be a nice change, I'd like to pretend it doesn't exist

There's no way that the show can get away with an innocent kid like Aang murdering Ozai at the end, even if it was done in the Avatar State in the style of an angry vengeful god.

Azula was always crazy, she just didn't have any friends or family to validate her by the time she become Fire Lord, which caused her to snap.

he had him restrained completely and could have thrown him in jail. The ending would have been the same even if he didn't remove the bending

>and Zuko beating Azula because she went crazy was a terrible decision. it completely removed his progression as a character. She should have been completely sane and still lost
No, you missed the entire point of his character progression. It wasn't about raising his power levels like in fucking DBZ. It was about finding his own destiny.

The truth is, Zuko will never be a better firebender than Azula, but that's fine, because he 'won' by being better than Azula as a human being.

Earth kingdom pussy belongs to water nation cocks.

Not quite, Zuko still wouldn't have gotten an answer from Ozai over whether Fire Lady Ursa was still alive if Aang killed him.

>he homaged the same genderbent fanart that got tumblr super-upset at Ohnips and made them lolis

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

I've always thought that fight should have ended with Azula trying to lightning bend, it blowing up in her face because of her lack of mental stability, and scarring her face even worse than Zuko's.

This.

Why haven't we seen another show like it?

I mean one that's focused on telling a continuous story. Some have attempted it, but they either fail at execution, have to compromise between being episodic and telling a story or both (SU, Gravity Falls, AT, etc.)