The new Spiderman cartoon premiered today, didn't see a thread. Thoughts on it Sup Forums ?

The new Spiderman cartoon premiered today, didn't see a thread. Thoughts on it Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N2NWCcL-CTQ
screenrant.com/marvels-spider-man-guardians-galaxy-connections/
youtube.com/watch?v=9lnuNDaBxE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whatever

A really shitty abridged version of the first spiderman movie

My only problem with this series is that miles and anya is a too old, the animations is crappy, some of the characters are flat.

Let me guess, the superhero team exists just to be utterly useless like it was in USM.

Superteam wasn't useless.

They have their moments. I think power-boy is the most useless?

It's okay. A bit better than USM, at least.

Here's the first episode. It could be region locked, though:

youtube.com/watch?v=N2NWCcL-CTQ

>Science is the new currency.
That makes me laugh for some reason.

Wow, that great power line was just dropped out there.

>>Vulture has sound attack
Really couldn't make him interesting, could ya?

Harry's driver looks like Bernie Sanders
>>Is named Bernie
God dammit.

I couldn't finish it, the pacing was too fucked up

Can someone else upload this? I can't see it in my country

>>Vulture mad at Horizon guy for stealing his work
>>Everything you made at Horizon is ours!

This is a fucking meta commentary about Marvel, isn't it?

The cops came out of nowhere, just as soon as peter parker defeated the vulture. They just appear to arrest him.

Quit living in shitty countries then

Anyone know if this show takes place in its own lil Spidey universe or in a Marvel universe with everyone? They mention Vibranium and Wakanda but no other things to indicate it's in a larger marvel universe

It's canon with Guardians of the Galaxy, but not the other shows.

It's great, this is what I thought Spectacular Spider-Man was going to be

Where tf did you hear that
And I don't mean is it canon with the other shows, is it doing the old-school thing where it's just assumed to take place in a Marvel Unvierse with everyone, like the comics, rather than a self-contained one

They've talked extensively in interviews about the Symbiote Arc from Guardians of the Galaxy connecting. It's a full Marvel Universe, we've seen Tony in one of the trailers.

>"[We] will have other characters from the Marvel Universe appear, but only as it makes sense for the story. It’s never gratuitous. There are some opportunities, and the one thing that we’ve already discussed is that Spider-Man will have a fully-developed black-suit-to-symbiote-Venom story, and that symbiote is the same symbiote from the same source and the same alien planet as the storylines going on in Guardians of the Galaxy — those stories will come together. That’s one thing that I can say because we’ve mentioned that before. But characters that operate in the more science-oriented elements of the Marvel Universe will appear as well because their story is so focused on science and the ethics of science.”

screenrant.com/marvels-spider-man-guardians-galaxy-connections/

It's alright but some of the animation and pacing needs to be worked on. Somethings seem like they're going by to fast, or not moving at all.
Liz is cute

Pretty good despite looking weird at times.

I must be getting old and stupid because when I saw this thread I was confused that a new show would premiere in the morning.

>he never watched Saturday morning cartoons
Kill yourself, you've clearly never been living anyway

>the symbiotes in the new Spider-Man show are from space so it's obviously canon to GotG

That's dumb.

Honestly isn't that bad. The animation's janky some times and some of the dialogue's awful, but it's way better than I expected. I'm not into Miles and Anya being prominent characters though. Also, it's strange that Alistair Smythe looks like Spectacular Harry

I think they'll just take advantage of the coincidence and air both at the same time. Not necessarily canon.

It was okay.
Peter's science jokes get annoying but overall it was a decent episode.

Is he shirtless in the first episode?

That's one of the things they should copy from Homecoming.

Did anyone from this work on Korra or Voltron? That character design looks really familiar.

Is there any where to watch or d-load it? the youtube link doesn't work for me.
Thanx in advance.

I heard that the suit will change to look more resembling to homecoming's version later on. I hope that's the case.

link for part 2?

Thought it was ok. Don't like the animation but it'll grow on me at some point. I didn't watch USM, just some clips. Was it really that bad?

Yeah USM was irredeemably trash.

t. butthurt Specfag

It was insanely boring on a "good" day, absolutely abysmal on a bad one.

So how badly will they shit on black cat what with Slott being a consulting producer? MJ is going to be a no show as well what with horizon high being a school for geniuses I'm assuming.

It was never that bad, but it was only rarely really good, but I'd sticky by it being an alright watch overall.

Wasn't Ultimate MJ smart?

All they have to do is channel that and make her Spinneret. Then add Silk and Peter has his own Spider Woman harem in the show.

>but it was only rarely really good
It was never good.

Maybe near the end of the season he'll lead an attack on Norman and Harry not because of anything Green Goblin related, but because of class issues and being underpaid and overworked.

Spidey will be forced to rescue Norman.

there is points where it got ok to passably good. near the end. but by that time it was already overall trash

From what I remember she would repair his suit from time to time. And I think having 4+ people with spider powers is too much. However, with Silk being a Slott OC, I can see her appearing in season 2.

>You know what else is made up of three different kinds of metal?

Dayum.

Is it at least better than Ultimate?

So far yes, but that's a pretty low bar to set

I watched in on the YT channel. Dunno if that's the reason but it felt like watching a 4:3 anime cropped for 16:9 display, a quarter of the shots were eaten on the sides. There were moments where it felt like they wanted to voluntarily put the focus out of the center but most of the time it was badly done or something because it's hard to follow and you hardly see the content.

MJ is in it?

No, but Gwen Stacy was mentioned.

Fucking awful. Worse than Ultimate.

Here's hoping it gets canned less than one season in with maybe as an added bonus, a cliffhanger as well.

>Worse than Ultimate

It's canon in the sense that it'll be like crossing over the Ult comics universe with the Main 616 universe.

Since GotG is already part of the other MCAU along with Ult Spiderman, Avengers Assemble and Agents of S.M.A.S.H

And he's voiced by Spectaculars Eddie Brock too.

what i was thinking

That is NOT a high hurdle.

This... Isn't as bad as I thought. Fuck.
Its decent-to-okay at best. Improve the animation and the dialogue ans it'd be pretty okay.

>Anya
Worst spider
Wait no
Jessica Drew still exists.

fuck off

This show cemented my conviction that spectacular is GOAT adaptation.

It also reminded that it was cancelled for garbage like this.

Sad.

Can someone MEGA it?

It was canceled for ultimate.
So far this is better than ultimate, but the jury is still out.

I'd still disagree, but it's not something to change anybody's mind about.

You know I was watching the origin clip with the thief getting away with the money and realized how sensibilites have changed from the 60's.

Nowadays no one would hold it against him that he didn't help. First thing the cops will tell you if you're in that sort of situation is to do nothing, do NOT intervene. Because you don't know wether the guy is armed and you risk getting yourself shot.

It's been years, get over it.

>that bad
I actually experienced physical disgust while watching a short segment. No I'm not using hyperbole here.

It was that bad.

So what are they gonna do about the villains when they have 4 protagonists? Many of the most iconic Spider villains are autistically obsessed with Peter.

I can only think of Jackal going bananas at Spider-Gwen.

Groucho Marx has been dead for 40 years. That time has only served to validate his position as GOAT comedian

No I don't think I will 'get over it'.

Shit

The art style feels; bland and without personality.

I think it's the blank, glazed look in most of the background characters.

And sometimes the main ones as well.

I'm pretty sure from the look that it was a security guard who told Peter off, both in the short and the comics.

It certainly was, but my point remains valid.

At that point, no one knows he has superpowers, The guard was basically asking a bystander to do his job for him. A cop would have told him he did the right thing.

The opinion of a lazy and bitter mall-cop looking for someone to blame other than himself is irrelevant.

Aside from the Goblin, who I kind of liked more when he became a carbon copy of the Joker (personality wise). I can't think off the top of my head of any villains obsessed with Peter as opposed to Spidey. The jackal's obsession with him comes indirectly, via his obsession with Gwen.

Nothing can beat Ultimate Spider-Man

youtube.com/watch?v=9lnuNDaBxE0

>all main characters are now super geniuses
at least all the "YOU'RE NOT PETER" stuff with Miles will be gone?

Robbie Daymond's no Josh Keaton, but I think his voice-acting's pretty good, especially with the origin shorts

Make 616 Morlun appear

josh is going to be in this too as norman

Does it? Literally all he had to do was trip him, even nudge into him a bit, and the cop would catch up and detain him. If anything, it's like when something bad happens and people take the time to take a selfie or film it rather than even thinking to help.

I at least hope Spider-Peter will be regarded as the og
But probably not, with the way current Mouse is, it'll be played for comedy.

So, Peter, Miles, Gwen and Anya... Please tell me that's all. It's bad enough we have Anya in there.

>As Norman
MMMAAAAARRVEEEELLLL

He got away with it too. Even with those meddling kids.

That argument is facepalm-worthy. You're just regurgitating lines from the original comics and later retellings by Lee.

All he had to do was trip him? the trip would work. And nudge him? that's even worse, is the guy supposed to be so frail that even the slightest bump will cause him to fall down? But let's suppose he does, he falls down on the floor. What then? Is he instantly knocked out? Wow, so falling to the floor instantly defeats criminals then? And what about the guard (remember, guard not cop) ? Does he instantly appear to apprehend him? Or is the thief supposed to stay there quietly until he catches up and not turn around and pull out the gun that he might or might not be carrying?

Suddenly you've made a robbery into a shootout with a potential hostate situation and the hostage is YOU.

That example isn't comparable with this one, you can't expect someone with a mask on to be able to see and detain someone that you yourself couldn't

The point is, that cops nowadays advise people NOT to get involved in those situations.

saw this and the second episode. pretty rough around the edges but it might be fun. not as cringe as ultimate

It's ok user.

Did they animated this show on the xbox 1 on 10-15 fps?

1st episode was ok but some cringe. "The new currency is science." wtf 2nd episode was better but still not quite Spectacular. It has potential. It's Lee/Ditko mixed with Big Time. Peter still comes off as somewhat of a Big Bang Theory stereotypical NURD that gives irl techies and scientists a bad name but there's less of it in the second episode. They seem to have toned it down. He's still into science but it's more mellowed out and he actually applies it instead of just spouting sciencey things out of nowhere. I'll give it a chance but they're definitely trying to appeal to a younger crowd. It's a shit ton better than Ultimate though.

Bugs the hell out of me though that Allistair Smythe looks more like Harry than Harry.

>turns out he was just the pawn of a bigger evil
>bernie's final words in the season finale will be an ominous line about how "it's HER turn now!"

Are they going to bring in Max's husband in this show?

so sick of Patton Oswalt ruining every cartoon in the world

Why don't they just make Spectacular season 3?

Blandly mediocre is the way I'd put it.
Not as offensively awful as Ultimate but still nothing great. I find a lot of the voice casting to be really bizarre. The designs are kinda mediocre too. Maybe that's just the flat sub-par style but I don't know. Vulture's design is stupid, though. That beak helmet is just ridiculous. Spidey's quips are generally unfunny but I'll admit some jokes got a chuckle.

Overall it's a mediocre. Maybe it'll improve one day but this is not a promising start.

Because Sony owns the rights to it and Disney doesn't want to pay when they can make their own.

The only thing they've been making with Spidey on tv is garbage.

I wish we lived in the parallel universe where the cartoon rights were part of their Spiderman deal and then that show got renewed for a new season.

because that artstyle is total shit
yes, even worse than this

Any link ?!