Why isn't Stargirl used more?

Why isn't Stargirl used more?

Really gay superpower

She's used at the appropriate level for a legacy of two fringe franchises most associated with a team book that isn't super popular.

And it's good that Johns doesn't force her everywhere with the power he has.

I don't know about Stargirl, but Starman appeared in Metal #1 in one of the portraits.

I miss Billy and Courtney, fucking Jakeem.

>You will never travel through time just to watch a teenage girl cry after a bad breakup.

I think whats worse is that Courtney went for Atom smasher afterwards, shit is quite creepy. I do hope when they do the JSA revival they'll use her more.

what run is this from?

pedomagnet

Johns doesn't want his dead sister written by other people.

Well that didn't last.

JSA Vol 1

she has quite a few episodes in Justice League Action

I really don't like Atom Smasher, felt like he got a slap on the wrist when he joined Adam's team. Plus his power set is kinda lame.

Because she's Johns's dead sister.

It's hard to write a character when you know they come from those kinds of circumstances and that the guy who the events happened to works in the same building as you.

Short Version - Courtney and Billy start dating and it's actually going pretty well, but too the rest of the team it looks like a 30 year old is trying to fuck a 16 year old.

That page is the only time anyone considers just letting the team know that Shazam's civilian identity is also 16. Which is kind of dumb, really.

To be fair, the wisdom of Solomon was stopping Billy from revealing the truth.

So, in Rebirth (And New 52) how did she get the staff? Jack was born pretty late for a WW2 era Hero's kid already, so you cant really push it any further. And retiring to raise his kid puts a solid timecap on his adventures. So in universe he'd be passing the staff on the same time it happened IRL. But Courtney is still a teen in 2017. Was there a whole other Starman/girl having adventures in the 2000's or did Jack just wait a long ass time?

And this isnt even getting into how confusing her presence gets with the JSA being forgotten/never existing when her origin is so strongly linked to it.

I still don't understand why writers don't use her as a template on how to write a female teenager.

I think she made it? I'm not sure, I've only seen her appear in that Adam Strange mini/arc.

true villainy

I think attempts to emulate it would mostly fall flat. It worked because Johns had his heart in it. Under a less invested writer this type of character would come across as the same sort of generic sassy/belligerent nulegacy that we tend to get these days without any character growth.

Per was something spectacular in that run. Artist also has something to do with it me thinks

Wonder how Johns feels about them lewding his daughterfu.

*Sisterfu. Also if Bendis ever goes to DC and becomes the writer for Courtney and Bendis' it, will Johns murder him?

He totally would. Johns would expect him to kill her off to pass the mantle down again, like he did with the White Tiger and Iron Man.

Remember that time Bennett was supposed to get Rebirth WW but killed Courtney off in Bombshells and Rucka, buddy of Johns, got it instead?

Was there any source on that rumor?

Right. Sisterfu.

>tits right at the camera

Madmen

wasn't suppose writers ship her with Firestorm?

no just BleedingCool being wrong again, but it's funny to pretend it's true

Who's firestorm in the show? Ronnie/Stein or Jason/Ghana or Stein? or Ronnie/Jason.

I can see the Staff tying into the shenanigans in Metal. The flying function could definitely be used to link it to Nth Metal.

I can't bring myself to Lewd Courtney.

Ronnie/Stein

Good, I don't like Jason/Stein or Jason/Ghana, it ruins the whole point of Firestorm if both the personalities are smart. That was also my issue in Brave and the Bold where Ronnie was the Mental side of the Firestorm since he had nothing to offer.

I think there's a good chance Pat Dugan will appear, since Snyder has a thing for mechas.

Posting the rest.

because she's a dork with braces and god hates dorks

And here's an old one of Stripesy

Older stargirl with the coat makes me diamonds

One of the bestselling kids comics is a autobiography about a dork with braces.

I like dorky blondes with braces

this shes a regularly used side character

I blame Johns loving anti-heroes.

The pages where they break up due to Jay are in this thread

Someone gonna get raaaaaped.its Jamie.

Shiv was also qt

She looks like a stripper on the 4th of July who travels around with her own pole

She definitely looked like that when David Finch was on Justice League of America

braces are cute!

Why the Starman legacy is too complicated.

>Her friendship with Martian Manhunter in JLA and JLU will never be touched upon again

That was one of the aspects of those two meh as fuck series I liked

nice pussy

She should get her own animated series. She has a setting, a supporting cast and an archnemesis with
a sympathetic backstory

She was a member of JLA and JLUnited not too long ago.

she works better with the JSA who are currently out of order

not the relevant starman for stargirl

United is after Justice League of America, right?
Where does JLI fit in?

She's Geoff Johns precious daughterfu.

What run did she date Captain Marvel?

Johns/Goyer JSA vol 1. It was only a few issues long, and started in issue 48 when they were trapped in the shadow dimension.
Billy had no connection to The Wizard and looked like a doofus screaming "SHAZAM" over and over in front of her.

JLI started at N52 but mostly sucked.
It was still trying to be serious like it was in the run before Flashpoint.
It eventually died off.

Hi Geoff

Funnily enough in one of the last JLA episodes Courtney is babysitting when Klarion shows up to steal something and she calls Batman for help who brings his best bud John Constantine who she calls a hobo. And the weirdest part? She clumsily hits on him at the end and he gives a "girls be girls" glance to Batman and instead goes to have sex with two demon hookers. And this is a kids show.

I haven't seen much of that show, but does he still have the silly-accent-curse?

No thank gawd they dropped that only for a joke plot point. Constantine when he shows up is actually one of the better characters on that show.

That's good to hear. I need to sit down and watch that sometime. Every webm from it seems charming.

Soon in hitches jsa.

Because she's boring.
She's a very plain girl with no personality

She should be Capt. America's side kick.

I'd use her if you know what I mean.

That would be pretty redundant.

*sisterfu

At least she wouldn't die like Bucky. I still can't believe Bucky's dead.

He's on the same team as Hawkman, who the JSA also easily forgives. At least Hawkman has the excuse of being a reincarnated warrior prince, and being a former chairman.

Also this.

read the last issue he's alive

It's almost like I can hear him. Lady Liberty how I miss him!

It should have been Dex-Starr there

>tfw still no JSA
WHAT THE FUCK DC

It's coming user. Maybe after doomsday clock

is JLA worth watching

She looks boring. I've seen cheap slutty superheroine Halloween costumes that were more interesting, visually.

Stop that!

Based Sandy Danny

>Becaus shooting a gun, it's too easy, it doesn't even do the kind of damage that Hawkman wants to do. You know, a gun does a lot different kind of damage than a battleaxe.

What kind of damage does Hawkman want to do?

Dismemberment or beating bones to dust type of damage. Black Adam is his former friend, remember.

What would he be doing in the fortress of solitude?

Yes.

I wouldn't blame her, he's a pretty hot hobo.