Is Iron Fist the Aquaman of Marvel?

Is Iron Fist the Aquaman of Marvel?
>Cool in the source material
>Normalfags will never let go of one specific thing (Iron Fist Netflix show with its shitty choreography along with the political correctness nonsense about "whitewashing" an already white character made before the show aired" and as a result normalfags get off to him being used as a punching bag by everyone else
>No matter what happens even if the show improves, people will still point out that shitty Netflix season

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8QNM5JXvRdA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wut?

nope not even close

Aquaman is far more well known; even the majority of people who would make fun of Aquaman for only being able to speak to fish would have no idea who iron fist is

I'd argue Iron Fist has it worse right now. Sure those "talks to fish" jokes have been going on for decades, but casuals and normalfags usually don't take those seriously. I mean, even casuals who have no interest in getting into Aquaman understand there's more to him than that, because obviously the books aren't going to be about him talking to fish. Plus it's kind of trendy to make "why Aquaman is actually cool" articles, coupled with the fact that being a Justice Leaguer gives him a higher profile. Iron Fist though? He's tainted. People will now argue for years why he's a bad character, and that's going to cost sales. And he's not a big enough character to justify a push. On that note, Aquaman's reputation never actually cost him sales. back in the 80s, when the jokes were at their peak, his sales actually increased a bit, presumably out of morbid curiosity. Iron Fist is just straight fucked. I predict Danny will die and be replaced by an asian Iron Fist in a few years.

Or a black girl with an afro.

tumblr would feel heavily conflicted

Yep. Plus Momoa is gonna rebrand Aquaman to normies as a hard-drinking biker dude, basically a cross between comics Aquaman and Lobo. Meanwhile Iron Fist has become, rather unfairly, the face of hollywood's refusal to give asians prominent roles. I wouldnt be surprised if Marvel kills him off and replaces him with an asian girl with a blonde or green streak in her hair sometime in the next two years.

>Aquaman
Stop trying to drag people down to your level, Arthur.

How the fuck is "It's an Asian Character so they MUST know Kung-Fu by being a master out of the womb" not more offensive than "Guy who trained for years in a foreign country so that he could fight into a tournament to see if he was worthy of achieving one of the highest titles in a combat style that he has been constantly respectful towards"?

Also the streak in the hair would be purple. I understand why you think it would be green or blonde. But it would be purple.

Americans are stupid assholes trying not to be stupid assholes by ironically being stupid assholes.

I think the F4 took that spot.

People wanted it to be an Asian American returning to his cultural roots or something
Sort of like Wendy Wu Homecoming Warrior I guess

lol
youtube.com/watch?v=8QNM5JXvRdA

That is stupid as fuck.

it wasnt his show alone, he was insufferable in this new show as well. They picked a bad uncharismatic actor, it's simple as that. yes, uncharismatic, he actually sucked the charisma out of the room when he was in a scene.

he was impossible to root for.
show me one person that want to see elektra win that fight

I would have said Cyclops

He is one of the more powerful mutants on paper and in action but people still look at him and think
>So he just has eye lasers? That sucks....he has to be one of the shittiest mutants around. Plus he looks stupid and his personality is bland.
With lots and lots of parodies in other media involving guys wearing visors that have not very helpful at all eye laser powers that tend to die first or look pathetic.

So the normie view is that he is laser nerd, who just shouts Jean, cries all the time, has a pathetic power that cannot really hurt anybody, and all around sucks.

It's not like he hasn't had some bad runs in the comics too.

X-Factor Scott was fucking insufferable with his whinging about the wife and child he out and out abandoned to faff around with his highschool friends. He dragged the entire book down until Simonson started working her magic.

When you see who he hangs with
>Top tier metal brick
>weather goddess
>most powerful psychic in the universe
>second most powerful psychic in the universe
>immortal guy with unlimited ice powers
>flying brick that can have any powers she wants
>immortal harry guy that can cut absolutely anything no matter how bullshit
>amazing flying billionaire
Eye lasers that he cannot control at all does kind of suck.

Only Beast has it worse.

Why'd you say that like it's a bad thing?

Danielle and Lucy teamup book WHEN

Yea but doesn't that make him the Aquaman of the team? Hanging with the JLA, two of which are as psychic as him and nto limited to a certain form of life. Most of them do not need to breathe so underwater is not a problem and their flying is superior to swimming, even when underwater. Aquaman does not really bring anything that Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter cannot do as well if not better.

I always thought his powers are cool.
>you need just to look at something to utterly destroy it
>and the destructive ray comes in a fucking cool red color

>amazing flying billionaire
Isn't he the other laughingstock of the X-men, at least until he gets APOCALYPSED.

It's not a bad thing, but bad writers making them devoid of personality for the sake of having a political voice will make it a bad thing. They seem to think walking around eggshells and pandering to SJW's makes them less racist, but they're insinuating all niggas with fros have the same character traits and only want to fight the black struggle.

>Aquaman

Sorry, I've found the fault in your reasoning. No need to thank me.

Found the casual.

>B-but he's really strong and tough and has a hot wife
>That means he's a good character

Found the memer.

Explain why Aquaman is cool in the source material, without sounding like a characterfag. Go.

Found the non-argument.

>explain why you like this character while trying to appeal to this arbitrary set of rules I just set up

>I can't

Everyone go home, Aquaman still sucks.

>I predict Danny will die and be replaced by an asian Iron Fist in a few years.
I've only read the first issue, but apparently this little Asian girl is (an) Iron Fist now. Which is weird, because Danny is still Iron Fist in his current solo (which is surprisingly not bad).

Iron Fists have fought together before.

If any writer tries to keep Danny and Misty apart (There's less fear for Luke and Jessica), they should be forced to sit down and read this comic and then try to justify why they are denying such a future.

Yeah, I knew you'd act like you won even though every reason I could bring up you'd dismiss as "characterfaggotry"

>Iron Fist
>his fists are fire

I know they have, but he's not Iron Fist in that book, he's Thunderer. He is still Iron Fist in his solo, though.

>>Cool in the source material
Not really. Aside from Immortal Iron Fist he's kind of lame.

THIS IS FUNKING CUTE!!!!

No
black panthr

Ant-Man was the Aquaman of Marvel

You don't see people saying this about Batman though.

Normies don't make a mark on comic sales. Iron Fist is cool, normies don't give a fuck and never pick up books. Why do you think Marvlel is failing?

No they wouldn't. Any culture can share from any culture to them. Except whites. No whites are allowed to partake in other cultures, sometimes not even their own.

Shit the fuck up there's like 300 Kung fu guys I'll start with chuck noris, how about neo? How about the dude from kill bill ok, batman alright how about etc we don't want to see skilled kunt fu white dude number 236 ok???

Character-wise, Black Panther is the Aquaman of Marvel.

Chuck Norris is a terrible support for your argument

He is a black belt in BJJ and Taekwondo and a multiple time Karate champion.

He worked hard to get where he did.

Because Batman can beat the shit out of every JLA and X-Men member

>tfw user couldn't defend his shitty character

i cry evertiem ;_;

>5 hougs lateg