Has there been a more dissapointing way to end a series besides pic related?

Has there been a more dissapointing way to end a series besides pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

derpibooru.org/1036064
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

in cartoons? most of them dont have such high expectations, so disappointment is usually not that high either

in anime? yeah, there are some pretty bad cases

Legend of Korra.

your life

>mfw Madoka Magica

stop making these threads

Yes

Samurai Jack at least got an ending. Some shows never even get finished with VAs dying.

Still mad about last ep of soul eater

The movies made up for the ending

Better than the manga by a mile

It's true... Why did they both have to have shitty endings.. I was actually totally down with all the changes they made towards the ending but they really dropped the ball on the last ep

OP forever BTFO

But user, I'm talking about the movie's ending.

season 4 was pretty fucking bad compared to the previous 3

...Did anyone besides me see the last episode of that live-action Constantine show they were doing? Was I alone? Did I fever-dream that? Because every time I hear "man that show ended fuckin' TERRIBLY" I seriously wonder how the hell that could've happened and idiots could STILL compare that to this.

At least SJ GOT an ending, man, be content in that. I can't imagine Tartakovsky brought Jack back purely for the shekels, or he'd have run it for far longer. If your show didn't get discontinued literally halfway through its first real arc or end in ass-pulling lesbo action like Whorra did, you have no grounds to complain.

...God, the standards for cartoons are low these days, when just getting an ending halfway serviceable is seen as a boon...

Do I need to say it?

Those first three episodes were worth it alone.

I will never not be mad. They haven't even followed up on it, have they?

Fuck you. That grill episode was GOAT

I agree with this. Hell I think the episode after it were mostly good too, and even the more middling ones had excellent moments. It was really just the last episode that was a true letdown for me.

No, and they never fucking will. The ending would have been perfect if they just cut like the final ten minutes from it is what makes me so mad. They had it and fucking lost it hard because "lol no one can be happy in Madoka!"

Not the Doomstar Requiem, just behind the scenes drama afterwards

(OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP)
You're more of a disappointment, faggot
derpibooru.org/1036064

I think the disappointment was compounded by the fact that the new season started out so fucking good.

>bobobo ended one episode before the final boss as a joke.

This thread

There's a madoka concept project in the works though, we're obviously getting either another season or movie.

Hold on, are you saying Wikipedia is wrong?
>a dramatic conclusion to the series in the second season.

Or did you just not manage to watch the whole thing? Because IIRC part of the show is still lost media, particularly in season 2...

season 4 was just depressing since it was all written with the kids growing out of wanting to make movies because the show was ending

Most shows that get revived years after being cancelled are disappointments.

I loved the ending. But we can agree to disagree. To each their own.

(OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP)
derpibooru.org/1036064

but the ending was literally everybody is happy did you see the movie user?

(OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP)
derpibooru.org/1036064

>Jack couldn't age in the Future
>The (unique) guardian portal in the future showed an aged Jack
>Bad future still exists after Aku is defeated in the past (he still had time to say "oh no" when he should have stopped existing right when Jack went back
>Jack is now in the past and can age
>The guardian portal should still be there (guardian was there for eons)
>Gotta go back
>back to the future

The series is over, but the story goes on

Honestly I'm just happy it had an ending. A disappointing ending is still better than it being unfinished and with no conclusion forever.

Littlest Pet Shop (2012) ended its 4th and final season with a mediocre 2-parter

the writers didn't know it was the end of the series either, so we didn't get any special sendoff or anything

Hold my fermented jew....

One of the worst conclusions to a good show I have ever seen. (I haven't watched Samurai Jack, only know it through Sup Forums memeing)
Probably the worst part is that they turned the whole "revealing secret identity" thing, which is like ONE OF THE BIG MOMENTS OF A CAPESHIT SHOW, into one of the blandest scenes.