What a disappointing villain. They couldn't even make her a character from the comics. A waste of Sigourney Weaver

What a disappointing villain. They couldn't even make her a character from the comics. A waste of Sigourney Weaver.

Yeah she was shit.

"I bet modern New Yorkers couldn't imagine Manhattan back when it was covered in forests."

Oh, okay. She's immortal. She's worried about having cancer for some reason, but she's immortal and has lived for hundreds of years

"Man, Brahms sure was butthurt and jelly over his peers."

OK we get it. She's immortal.

"This Turkish food is as good as it was in Constantinople!"

Turkish waiter: 'but madame, surely you mean Istanbul, Constantinople was its ancient name."

"Oh, yes! Of course! How quaint! Honghonghonghonghong!"

Jesus fucking Christ.

Eh the whole thing was dissapointing as fuck.

he lack of chemistry between the characters and the five fingers. Seriously nobu was more threatening than his supposed superior.

The way they wrapped up that shitfest was the worst.
a couple of seasons and different series leading up to this piece of shit.

MCU rule

The higher respecting the actor/actress, the less they do.

See Glenn Close in GOTG, or Robert Redford, or Sylvester Stallone

Seriously, all that shit the Hand did in NY just for some bones? I thought we'd get an actual dragon, the Beast or some other big bad that would threaten the city.

>let's take a leader of an ancient global cabal that is responsible for some of greatest tragedies in history of humankind
>make her do nothing and die like a bitch
You have a problem when even Harlem niggers feel more like a threat

To be fair, that lack of subtlety is a problem in most of Netflix shit.

At least we got to hear her say "baka"

Why did they make the Hand the villains of Defenders anyway?

When you've got Vincent D'onofrio right there, after his story arc in season 1 of Daredevil; why not establish how threatening the Kingpin is by having him require an entire team to take down his plans?

The problem is shes a fucking robot now after all her surgery. Shes scary as fuck looking because her face does not emote. She reminds me of the Martians from Mars Attack.

It's a criticism that's overused on Sup Forums, but I think it applies here; the Netflix shows do seem pretty ashamed of their source material (ESPECIALLY Iron Fist).

Sigourney is probably like Samuel Jackson- she refused to be part of the show unless she got to be her own donutsteal, which will now become a thing in the comics the way the "Electron Lightsaber" became a thing in Star Wars.

I thought we were going to get some sort of, "oh she's immortal but her body is giving out so she's going to steal Elektra's body" and maybe a little bit of existential angst about how living forever is actually a curse.

But nope; did nothing, got shanked. The end. Complete waste of such a great actress.

Speaking of which, why was the black immortal dude directly recruiting kids for mundane bullshit like corpse disposal? Why even recruit random kids anyway? I know he said the Hand's resources were depleted, but I assumed that meant money and expended assets, not labor. Surely they'd have initiated and loyal grunts for that kind of work. Bakuto's little cult, for example. They're green, but they've been thoroughly indoctrinated. They'll do it for the simple joy of serving the Hand.

except black fury was a thing in the comics long before SJ had an opportunity to play Fury and it wasn't even originally his idea

Robert Redford was actually well used imo.

I was pissed she never really fought anyone. Especially after all the times they played up hoe badass she must be. I suppose it has been a long time since she was in xenomorph wrecking shape, but still.

Hopefully they'll use him in The Punisher.

>Someone with immortal cells is worried about cancer? PLOT HOLE MUCH??
End yourself.

He means Mace Windu. How did you not get that from the light saber talk at the end

I was at least expecting her to get up after she got shanked and beat the shit out of Elektra. Nope, not even that.

Redford was pretty much an evil version of his character from 3 Days of the Condor.

Winter Soldier owes a lot to that movie actually.

because i'm dumb and don't read to the end of posts

Did you not watch the Director's Cut of Winter Soldier?

No, Robert Redford is just THAT fucking good of an actor with shitton of charisma to pull it off.

The Hand should have never been the main villain. It should have been Fisk recruiting bad guys with powers. Im glad the hand is finally gone and we can focus on better villains now.

What more did you want from him? A spymaster villain should not be doing anything personally.

He could have done more when he was about to launch his plan in the climax. His biggest on screen villain moment was shooting his maid, which only happened to signal he was a bad guy, rather than his attempt to murder the council. Even Toby Jones had better villain monologue and he was a fucking computer just stalling for time.

user, we never met the fifth finger

I'm only like 40% sure I understand this picture

Yes we did
>Alexandra: Europe
>Gao: China
>Bakuto: South America
>Murakami: Japan
>Sowande: Africa

White Hat, Alexandra, Bakuto, Ninja dude, and Gao that's 5

all the better villains are caught up in other tv/film licenses

>He thinks that Gao is dead

Counting is hard

This just reminds me how Bullseye still hasn't turned up.

When the fuck did we meet ninja dude?

All the villains are fucking wasted desu

This entire franchise is carried on the charisma of the lead protags

>Abomination: MIA
>Iron Monger: Dead
>Whiplash: Garbage
>Hammer: Fun, but not threatening
>Loki: Decent, but loses all teeth in the Avengers
>Red Skull: Doesn't do enough
>Zola: Doesn't do enough
>Mandarin: Okay i guess
>AIM: Wasted
>Malekith: Fucking garbage
>Kurse: Awful
>Crossbones: Not sadistic enough tbqh
>AoS HYDRA: Shit
>Ronan: Completely and utterly wasted, poorly fleshed out genocidal maniac for no reason instead of nuanced and pragmatic
>Ultron: Enough said
>Yellowjacket: Lex Luthor but angrier
>Zemo: interesting enough but ultimately unimportant. Hoping they do more with him in the future
>Kaecilius: Lame
>Dormammu: Barely there
>Mordo: Autistic
>Ego: Not bad, all things considered
>Vulture: Actually good
>Fisk: Pretty good
>Purple Dude: Not purple enough but pretty cool
>Cottonmouth: Good enough from what we saw
>Mariah: Pretty good
>Diamondback: Honestly hilarious
>The Hand: Bad and not good

All the big names are pretty much used. Strange has some guys left, the other villains are tied up. Not sure what they're gonna do after Infinity War desu. Who's even left?

Did you even watch the show? He was dissecting the sun bear. He was the guy who fought hardest against Alexandra. He was the guy who got thrown down the elevator shaft. He was literally the guy speaking Japanese the entire fucking time

7/10 bait got me to reply

He was the guy who was carving up the bear and only spoke moonspeak.

That, but I think it's more of they really, really have a small-ass budget.

But Mace Windu is one of the oldest Star Wars characters in concept. He was in the opening scrawl of the original draft/pitch George wrote.

Skrulls, but they can't even use Super Skrull because he's tied up with FF.

The key issue here is that the villains (but the entire universe, really) doesn't crossover thru Netflix/ABC/Movies.

No reason why Kingpin couldn't be an Avenger villain or Crossbones a netflix villain but for whatever reason they're segregated

What good does being bought by Disney, which basically has monopolized childhood, grant if not an extravagant budget

>they really, really have a small-ass budget.
That'll be Perlmutter's fault.

>but for whatever reason they're segregated

Because Ike and Feige had a falling out so now Ike and Loeb are in charge of Marvel TV and Feige is in charge of cinematic.

Personal politics gets in the way of creative potential a lot on these kinds of projects.

Fucking Ike.

Nigger fuck off if her organs can keep functioning at thousands of years old then she should either have died from cancer a long time ago or she shouldn't be worried.

>who's left
Captain Carol is getting skrulls in her movie. They can set up Secret Invasion for the next big arc.

Redford was excellent, one of the best parts of the MCU (performance wise)

>should either have died from cancer a long time ago or she shouldn't be worried.
She probably did, and then got brought back, except they can't bring her back this time, that was the entire point of the plan.

Maybe there's a type of cancer you only get after being alive 2000 years, I dunno. I can't say I know how immortal biology works, and neither can you.

It was obvious that whatever magic McGuffin substance that they had turns the clock back on their vital organs and that usually they probably would have reupped on their anti-aging cream sooner than they did if they could. But I'm guessing the more that they used it, the less of a window they have before they have to use it again.

Since they used the last of the substance on Elektra (and Bakuto I'm guessing), it's clear that they were saving it for a last resort.

Is that what the oily brown shit they pour on people to bring them back is? Ground up dragon bones?

yes

Shit taste.

They refer to the dragon bones as the substance so yes.

You know what bugged me?
The Defenders:
>Guy with heightened senses
>The Immortal Iron Fist
>A woman with super strength
>A guy with super strength AND unbreakable skin

The Hand:
> A bunch of old people who are constantly squabbling and not really doing anything, even though they've been at this for hundreds if not thousands of years
Black Sky, the Hand's ultimate weapon, something that's supposed to be able to topple entire cities single-handedly, the single most dangerous thing on the planet:
>Some girl who fights good

I feel like this is a discrepancy.

Just realized. If they "used it all" on Elektra, that means they wasted how much of it on Harold?

Madame Gao had the Force at least.

The immortal iron first and the guy with heightened strength were both trained by the Legion of Jobbers, and in Luke Cage they invented the Unbreakable-Skin-Breaking mortars, which were not used a single time because obviously karate is the best weapon

Cause now that the hand is gone when he gets out of prison he can become as powerful as he is in the comics.

Yeah they overhyped the Black Skye. Electra got her ass kicked like 2 times in the beginning by Iron Fist and she doesn't even have any powers other than Captain America tier strength.

Can I help it if I was born with 6 fingers!

She is way below Cap Am in terms of strength. She probably exceeds him in terms of fighting ability, but that's the same as saying that Shang-Chi is better at karate than the Hulk

One thing I didn't understand is why they were concerned with dying when in Iron Fist they show that becoming immortal means you'll just come back to life in a day or two no matter what killed you.

>We saw the five fingers
>but never the thumb

Sigourney was the thumb, because she stuck out like a sore one kek

>Fingers
Bakuto
Sawande
Gao
Fuck i forgot the japs name
Alexandra
>Thumb
Elektra

Because you need the oil junk to come back.

Except when you don't.

At your service

I never said it was a plot hole. I don't get why I'm supposed to be concerned about the mortality of an immortal person which also just happens to be at the exact time they're about to open a portal to Middle Earth and also just before she gets sai'd.

You know what bugs me?
That scene in episode 2 when Matt and Jessica are trailing eachother, (which was actually super cute, and exactly the kind of thing I wanted more out of in this series), when Matt goes off and runs into an ally to parkour away and Jessica takes pictures of him.

There's NO FUCKING WAY Matt didn't hear that, or would allow it to take place. I was really expecting him to be there when she turned back around the corner, and was really disappointed when he acted surprised about the pictures when they finally met in that building.

No Elektra definitely got some low tier super strength with her revival.

Sylvester Stallone's starhawk is a pretty much a teaser for vol. 3 and a fanservice for hardcore comic readers.

Yeah that bothered me too. If he was that careless people would have figured him out in DD Season 1

That doesn't change the fact that Jackson specifically required that he be co-leader of the Jedi alongside Yoda and get his own special unique purple lightsaber before he would be a part of the Prequels.

This is where the low budget nature of the Netflix shows really made this suffer. It should have been a live dragon unleashed at the end which the team took down. And it should have been unleashed by Alxeandra. The whole thing was a massive disappointment.

I really wanted there to be a subplot where it turns out Fisk only became the Kingpin of Crime specifically because The Hand was helping him out the whole way.
And then we get a chance for character development, where he learns this, gets super angry, and rebuilds his empire from the ground up WITHOUT anyone's help, just to prove that he could

The lightsaber thing didn't happen until Episode II's production.

If you watch the special features on Episode II you would know that the purple saber was a spur of the moment thing where Sam asked George if he could have a different color because Mace was supposed to be such a uniquely skilled saberist.

Kill yourself.

>Ego: Not bad, all things considered
>Vulture: Actually good
McFucking Kill yourself. All the villains have been shit.

>if you waste a bunch of time you'll find out samuel jackson wanted to be special but he wasn't nearly as pushy about it as rumored

Wooow thanks for sharing that.

I really wish the Hand weren't involved with this show at all and that the main threat were instead street level involving the Kingpin.

Nigga, Luke Cage has nothing to do with Luke Cage and Mike Colters thinks comics are cringey.

>There'll never be a good Daredevil adaptation
Vincent D'Onofrio is perfect, but everything else is shit.

i think you overestimate what can be done in 8 episodes

>Pompeii
>Chernobyl
>New York is next
Fucking hell man, you don't tease people with radioactive fire monsters and not bring your Godzilla game to the court.

Fin Fang Foom when?

But that's what I mean, Daddy Meechum came back like twice without that shit.

they are though

no one is stupid enough to believe that green lantern Vol 2. Issue 44 is high art

Where the fuck was he? I thought the whole reason he was introduced in Daredevil season one in the first place was so he could be the main threat to the Defenders. What a waste.

I think Luke Cage and Jessica Jones translated pretty well to the TV series. If Luke Cage were real (the point of it), it wouldn't be much different from this.

Matty is fine, but sometimes it gets ridiculous. Danny is the weakest link, but they throw away a little meta here and there so at this point, it's intentional.

They really don't explain this very well.

I *think* it's supposed to be like a battery. Like, you have this energy that you can use to come back from the dead or heal wounds, but if the wound is too severe or you die, you use up some of that energy coming back, and you only have so much before you have to take a dragon bone blood bath to recharge

I'm sure they're saving him to get Franked.

>Mike Colters thinks comics are cringey.
So does Sup Forums

I should've specified further, that's my bad.
I mean, they should've had a subplot in Defenders about Kingpin learning he only got to be as powerful as he did because of The Hand.

And then later on, in Daredevil S3 maybe, he rebuilds his empire from the ground up by himself, just to prove that he can

>And then later on, in Daredevil S3 maybe, he rebuilds his empire from the ground up by himself, just to prove that he can
That sounds pretty much like what Kingpin would do.

Daredevil Season 1 was basically perfect, and absolutely would have been 10/10 if his suit in the last episode wasn't god-fucking-awful.

The first season was pretty good.

The four Punisher episodes of season 2 are also good as their own thing, even if the rest of the season fell down.

It'd have been better if he got the costume earlier, though.

>The first season was pretty good.
It was horrible outside of Kingpin. All of the Marvel Netflix shows have been horrible, especially Luke Cage.
I'm still hoping The Punisher is good somehow though.

that bitch better be FUCKING DEAD.
Im done with those chinese motherfuckers. Kill them all and start from scratch. You fucked up. Let them die and we can pretend they never existed.
Doctor Do-oh wait
Either way, they can take minor unspoken villains, change them completely and create something cool.Like that chick from Deadpool.

hes probably showing up on daredevil or punisher. I hope hes a fun villain. We need one of those.
Im done with all these edgy shitty villains who take themselves way too seriously