Things you understood wrong, misunderstood thread

Things you understood wrong, misunderstood thread

When I was very young I saw this episode of Jetsons but I actually interpreted it that Jane is very old and she wears masks all the time to look young
This was my headcanon for a long time until I rewatch that episode as an adult

I thought running like Sonic actually made you faster.

it actually makes you slower
to run fast you must bend backward not forward

From what I've heard, that running style came from Japanese period pieces where the actors would have to wear those Japanese robes with the gigantic sleeves. Holding their arms back was the easiest way to run in those costumes. Then the Japanese public began to believe that it's how people ran in ancient Japan, so naturally ninja were often portrayed doing it since they ran a lot.

At some point, it just mutated into the "running really, really fast" run.

Looks cool, less to animate, easier to handle a dialog between runners.

Wait that's not the case? Why does she wear the mask?

it's something like instant makeup

She was putting her face on

Shes "putting on her face". Its a metaphor for applying makeup.

Barely Sup Forums but in a similar vein, I thought Peg hair was real.
It wasnt until the behind the scenes that I realized Katey was wearing a wig.

Me too.

Completely and utterly not Sup Forums related, I wanted to fuck her in Smart House. Holy shit, she gave a 1950's/early 1960's housewife kink.

When I was like 6 or something I thought that Obi-wan's real name was Ben, and that Obi-wan was just his superhero name.

It took me until a year later when the special edition was released in theaters to finally get it.

cuts wind resistence.

On a slightly related note -
So there are those guys called C3PO and R2D2, right?
So at first I thought the old man was called OB1 Kenobi.

Also I thought that lightsabres were made of The Force. That's why only Jedi could use them; they were projecting The Force through those handles into the shape of a sword.

To this day I'm still very slightly disappointed that anybody could pick up and use a lightsabre (but of course Jedi still have the skill and training to use them effectively).

I don't know why they didn't use this
That's a good idea that jedi have own title names like popes or something

there is some retarded autistic theory that jedi can control a length of lightsaber because without that laser would go into infinity

Japanese theatre had a lot of stuff like that. Ninjas in modern culture wear black because "invisible" black-clad stage staff would sometimes take the role of a ninja for shock.

Wasn't Obi-wan inspired by the cave samurai who wrote Legend Of The Five Rings as a treatise on why being a samurai sucks and how to survive if you have no choice but being one, and accidentally inspired more samurai to go out and live sucky lives but not survive?

Because if so, it kind of explains Kylo Ren.

It does make you faster, but you control like shit. You'll see runners do it for the last few meters of a race if it's a straight away because of it.

You're all wrong. It's a metaphor for her having to put on a fake personality and playing the role of mom for her family when she really doesn't want to do it when she wakes up. That's why the mask has that weird fake 50s mom smile with the "im dead inside" eyes.

They don't do that for a speed up. That's them throwing their hips forward over their center of gravity and arms back in order to beat the whoever might be neck and neck with them because rotating over you center of gravity can be done faster than waiting for your foot to hit the ground again to propel yourself. Actually holding that stance for running isn't helpful.

But Han uses the thing just to cut open that animal in the beginning of The Empire Strikes Back

But that's not what the Book of Five Rings was about, it was about how all the other samurai were dipshits and how not to die like a jackass.

I thought the lightsabres were MADE of light. And the reason they used them was to beat the DARK side.

Was I the 9nly one who called him DARK Vader?

Oh you.

>tfw you found out it was "Mucky Boys" not "Monkey Boys"