Spends years trying to get people to care about Iron Fist

>spends years trying to get people to care about Iron Fist
>put him on kid's toys and clothing and in cartoons
>series is a complete failure and his presence in Defenders is one of it's most echoed critisims

He's going to fade into obscurity, isn't he?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79sXkR2L6BY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgeIwHdsbw
youtube.com/watch?v=PfGTVNCThO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Iron Fist was never popular. The failure of the Netflix portrayal had nothing to do with it.

Shoulda been born of color, nawatimsayin.

>The failure of the Netflix portrayal

>Ok guys, it's time to make a show about a character that's ALL about martial arts
>Should we get the award winning choreographers from Daredevil?
>What? Nah. Just get whoever's around and fill it full of jump cuts.

What the fuck was Netflix thinking? The ONE fucking show you had to nail the fights on and it's just terrible

>Between Iron Fist season 2 and Daredevil season 3 combined there's only 23 episodes
>Jessica Jones season 2 and Luke Cage season 2 combined is 26 episodes
Hmmmmm

What if you combine Luke and iron fist together?

Weirdly, Iron Fist's series was a success in terms of the numbers, plus considering the evidently restrained budget and cast of literal who's (Plus a producer who's admitted he's chip as fuck) makes me think it was also a significant financial success for Netflix.

However, in the current social climate, Iron Fist was always gonna be screwed due to his white saviour overtones. I think it's implicitly racist to suggest that Iron Fist should be Asian because "martial arts" which is the irony of the criticism, but the bed was already made for his show.

Not if they give him guest spots on Shang-Chi and the Daughters of the Dragon

Why do people keep making these threads? Did you dumbasses even watch the show? He is the main character of Defenders. The entire plot revolves around him and him and Luke become friends.

I swear its just triggered dumbasses from Sup Forums.

Iron Fist works best as a 70s period piece in my opinion. Or at the very least, keep the pulpy over the top feel of the 70s.

The whitewashing "controversy" has also affected his public image, even though it's complete nonsense.

>spends years trying to get people to care about aIrin Fist?
Ok, first, who? Who spent years? Iron Fist TV show or comics? You realize that Iron Fist's production was not only rushed, it was moved a year later in favor of Luke Cage to capitalize on praise Colter's butch... portrayal received?

>put him on kid's toys and clothng and in cartoons
I skncerely doubt you know what you are talking about and just fishing for (you) i am giving to you like an idiot.

>series is a complete failure and his presence in Defenders is one of it's most echoed critisims
Got a second season and one of the most binged shows of the year in Netflix. Majority of complaints is about non-existant whitewashing and rarely anyone addresses real issues in writing story has (for example, Scott Buck deciding season should be about figuring out Danny wants revenge, not abandoning k'un-lun to get it like in comics and in the end making Danny's motivation harder to grasp to viewers, and dozens of real issues in writing anyone rarely talks about).

This right here is the real problem

>>spends years trying to get people to care about Iron Fist
Who?

......what does that have to do with the post

I think they should have made him Asian American anyways.
Better to have implicit racism than "Great White Saviour" being, literally, the entire character

No one is criticizing Iron Fist in these series except retards on both sides who never read comics. Him being rich and white and Luke being the opposite of that is the entire reason they are best friends. Like being pissy about Luke being all preachy towards him is retarded. Luke is always preachy, Danny just laughs it off.

Neck yourself retard. An Asian and a black guy being best friends isn't anywhere near as powerful.

He's not a "Great White Savior" though, you would know this if you actually read comics.

Yeah In this current social climate I really don't want to see this type of shit to be honest I mean I'm still watching shows with white folks but this sort of deal is just not doing it for me right now.

This. All these retarded news sites are gonna feel dumb as fuck when they are best buds.

What the fuck is everyone's issue with Iron Fist in the Netflix-verse?

they coulda used some more realistic kung fu like wing chun or sanda, instead they decided to go with wuxia sillyness

more importantly casting an actor with no martial arts experience. why would you do that for something like this?

Reminder that they only practiced some fight scenes 15 minutes before they were shot

Do you even read what you are responding to

>I skncerely doubt you know what you are talking about and just fishing for (you) i am giving to you like an idiot
I don't entirely agree with OP, but I assume he's referring to Iron Fist inclusion in things like Ultimate Spider-Man and UMvC3.

He kinda is though
He's the same archetype as Green Arrow or Batman is
>rich white guy goes to MYSTICAL ORIENT
>learns kung fu from wise Asian masters
>becomes better than they ever could

A stupid fucking bait thread where Sup Forums pretends to be upset over a character being "ruined" when its nothing but retarded social warriors bitching about it that will have to eat their words a year from now when Luke and Danny are broing it up?

which is why it's more imperative you get someone that knows martial arts. If you already know how to move your body properly then you just need to memorize the order of the moves which takes literally seconds if you've ever hit focus mitts before

thinking back I can remember
>MUA2 (Was he in the first one too?)
>Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
>Web of Shadows (PSP)?
>Ultimate Spider-Man comics
>Ultimate Spider-Man tv show
>UMvC3
that all of it?

>>becomes better than they ever could
Oh, so you never actually read Iron Fist comics, gotcha.

I still don't understand why they couldn't use Iron Fist's first main story arc (him being framed for Meachum's death) for the series, ending with proof of his innocence. I mean, the early comics were the story of a) a guy who's devoted so much time and energy to revenge that he has to figure out who he is now that it's over, and b) a guy who doesn't quite fit in where he was born, and didn't entirely fit in in K'un'lun.

It would have been a good contrast to the other Defenders, would give him a common thread of sorts with Luke Cage... such wasted potential.

Those were even before ABC-Marvel struck a deal with Netflix. Even before Loeb and Quesada knew they wanted Iron Fist to be one of the four shows.

That's a modern detail to make him less of a racist character
If you read the comics, you'd know this

>i-it's a retcon!! It doesn't count!!!
Pathetic.

>talking about the origins of a character and its purpose
Yes, retcons don't count.
Please try to keep up

The original orgins for Batman and Green Arrow are, "trained in all disciplines really hard", and "got trapped on an island" respectively. You're thinking of the movie and tv show versions of these characters.

in reference to your pic, I personally tend to let this shit slide because it is an attempt to avoid unnecessary accidents. You see the same thing with choke holds or chest compressions. They're things that could possibly lead to the harm of actors or stunt people so they take liberties with the execution.

The problem with choreography is that they didn't go enough wuxia. I think primarily because of budget and time of a this show. I get the gritty grounded fighting from DD. I want extravagant spectacle in Ironfist. I expected a major wire work and outlandish choreography from IF and got poorly executed technique demonstrations. That was my complaint.

>casting an actor with no martial arts experience. why would you do that for something like this?

Now this, this is just completely accurate.

I don't know why white people being better fighters than asians is racist but blacks being better athletes isn't

white people are in general bigger and stronger, and given the example of batman being over 6 feet tall hes even large by white person standards and probably 7+ inches taller than most of the asian people he trained with.

in most cases the more skilled fighter will win even if they are smaller. But when both fighters are equally skilled, the bigger stronger one will win. That's just how it works. SO of course the big strong white guy is a better fighter than his little asian masters

at 5'11, danny is still taller than most of the asian people he will encounter

Stuff like chi comes into play so it can make even the oldest frailest man a competent fighter. Having white man master that too quickly can ruin the image.

For people on Sup Forums
>actor a shit that cannot into martial arts
>cheap/rushed production
>boring corporate drama instead of martial arts action
>the few martial arts scenes that we do get are all choreographed like shit

For everyone else
>A FUCKING WHITE MALE IS IRON FIST REEEEEEEEE

Kung fu cracker meh I think I'll skip it

Danny was raised as a monk from the age of 10. They adopted him into their culture and he, in turn, adopted them as his family. He can't be their Great White Savior if he is literally one of them.

He trained everyday for 15 years to master it.

>more importantly casting an actor with no martial arts experience. why would you do that for something like this?

It wouldn't even matter if they gave him a mask and had a stun double do the fights.

To be completely honest, they could just cast an actor who can just act, give him a costume in his superhero show and replace with professional stunt doubles, since, you know, he is wearing a mask.

Or they could give actors more than two seconds to learn choreography

I think the trouble then is finding a trained/capable stunt double that fucking thin.

>never popular
Newfag movie pheasant alert. Power Man and Iron Fist was one of Marvel's most popular books in the 70s.

Oh, but a mask would be TOO SILLY.

just teach the stunt double how to act

the rock did it and everyone fucking loves the rock

The real problem was that S1 Daredevil cucked Iron Fist's mask.

To be honest, the Rock is just the Rock in every movie and all he can do is raise his eyebrow.

It works only when characters are written for the Rock or have Rock-like personality.

>hey danny in the comics wears a mask like the OG DD mask
>that would be perfect to hide finn jones face and get a stunt double
>nah fuck that shit just teach finn the moves 15 mins before shooting

I feel like the Ultimate spiderman cartoon nailed Danny's personality as "Raised by Monks" Even if it made him seem like a little bit of a stoner, he was at least the comedy relief of the team. Netflix though, ruins him he's a completely unlikable asshole, with Echoes of the Trump Family.

It's not the characterization that made it shit, it was the shitty action, awful pacing and convoluted plot.

well the ending was clearly setting up danny filling in as dare devil while matt is away, so they can at least do it in season 2.....heh, yeah right

Well, Iron Fist in that shitshow is not anything like in the comic, so don't know what you meant by saying they nailed it, they just created OC and called him Iron Fist who gives people verbal fortune cookie bullcrap.

And, well, by saying that crap about Trump you basically validate Finn Jone's claim that people like you are biased against casting choice due to political agenda.

I believe Finn did an AMA and when was asked why they din't give him a mask to cover his face for complex stunts he said it's a very good fucking question.

>And, well, by saying that crap about Trump you basically validate Finn Jone's claim that people like you are biased against casting choice due to political agenda.
You guys are too easy.

As I understand, isn't comic Iron Fist extremely arrogant, because he just believes his way of life and upbringing make him morally superior?

No, that's literally the opposite.

No.

Reason #124 why Iron Fist sucked
The glowing bones effect looked really lame. It was more like his hand was glowing jello rather than something of pure power.

Also, yes, I know the bones are wrong in picture

Jesus fucking Christ, what are you people even doing in this board?

The bones thing is actually something new and exclusive to this faggot hack Kaare Andrews.

You may know him as dude who wrote radioactive Spider-semen.

Who am I kidding, you don't, you don't read comics, you just here to get (you)s

The Rocks stunt double is his nearly identical cousin.

>radioactive Spider-semen.
RADIOACTIVE
RADIOACTIVE
RADIOACTIVE

>there's a second, even crazier looking The Rock in this world
Jesus

Do you even know what comic books are?

What they were thinking was "shit, we've got a deadline fast approaching and our budget is way too small."

>you may know him from the Cabin Fever prequel

>h-he was popular 40 years ago!

>h-he was never popular!
>"but he was"
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Iron Fist doesnt show enough of that effectively to get the viewer to buy into it.

>White saviour overtones

Nope.

What are the best Iron Fist runs in comics?

Didnt understand the dick-riding over Colleen Wing's fight scenes, the only decent one was her vs Bakuto. Is it just because they hated Danny ('s race)?

>Shazam and Black Adam.jpg

This is what should pissed people of the most regarding his origin, but no, they're gonna get angry at a racist strawman instead.

Marvel Premiere 15-25, followed by Iron Fist Vol. 1
Mary Jo Duffy's run of Power Man and Iron Fist
Brubaker and Fraction's run of Immortal Iron Fist

Just download them you lazy git.

Question, is it REALLY that hard, to make Figh Scenes like these??

youtube.com/watch?v=79sXkR2L6BY

I mean, that is what I expect when IRON FIST does kung fu, I don't want serious house of cards drama, i want that WAP WAP WAP sound effects and cheesy flying punches

Of course not. Jackie Chan is really appreciated and respected for those fight scenes that literally anyone could do.

General reminder that USM Danny is bae.
>What could have been... I mean he certainly has the face for it.

Forgot video: m.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgeIwHdsbw

No, not at all.
Everyone can figh on camera as well as Jackie Chan who makes movies under Chinese supervision that gives him as much time as he needs.

If you want a good live action version of Iron Fist just watch 36th Chamber of Shaolin. The plot is basically the same and it's one of the best kung fu movies out there.

Shut up RZA.

Every issue with IF traces back to this mentality. I think a lot of issues that aren't just choreography are that same kind of thinking.

I liked Danny in Defenders alright though

>I think a lot of issues that aren't just choreography are that same kind of thinking.
It's the showrunner, Scott Buck. The man makes things in a fucking rush and it shows. He's doing the Inhuman series too. I get the feeling that Ike is using him like a TV Brett Ratner; a hack who'll get things done as quickly and cheaply as possible.

I liked Defenders a lot, I dunno why Sup Forums hates it so much, but then again I also liked IF,
so I might be a pleb

>Yell "YES" when they cut Misty's arm
>user what happened?
>THEY CUT OF HER ARM!
>Oh... ok...

>I dunno why Sup Forums hates it so much

Because it has flaws and probably rates a B grade which is plenty of fun but gives ample material to tear it apart with as well.

This is why people hate you. If you read it you'd fucking realize how stupid what you said was.

>He's going to fade into obscurity, isn't he?

no he will be killed off and replaced with a "minority" stand in without sacrificing that sweet copyright

but they easily coulda just gotten a white guy who knows how to do the karates, especially since they obviously didn't care if he could act or not
youtube.com/watch?v=PfGTVNCThO4

You said he was NEVER popular. You're a prisoner to your own words.

>why wasn't the actress on-set really trying to break the stunt mans arm?

hmmm I wonder why