What character should get the Tom King treatment next?

What character should get the Tom King treatment next?

I really feel bad for Scott.

DOOM

None

This guy, according to King

This. King is a fucking hack and his Mister Miracle is an insult to Kirby.

Hi Brainlet!

Nah, let Ennis write him.

Question. Search your hearts, you know it to be true.

Tom King. Have him commit suicide from his PTSD and save us from his shitty overwrought comics and the insufferable fan base who are directly responsible for the dire state of comics.

Fuck thatd be absolutely perfect. Vic is his type of character.

>WAH WAH STOP MAKING ME THINK WAHHHHHH

The Question

>who are directly responsible for the dire state of comics.
How? The current state of comics is due to nostalgiafag writers like Johns writing "fun" capeshit.

>HURR DURR IF I USE DA MEMES IT MEENS IM RITE
Said the brainlet.

>YOU JUST DON'T GET IT MAAAAN
So now Kingfags are stealing their shit arguments from Morrisonfags?

So you are admitting you can't understand it? None of his stories are that hard to follow. Maybe take a basic English 101 course.

Friendly reminder that he's got about only another year left on his exclusive after which eh will switch to Marvel so you guys should pick Marvel characters.

>So you are admitting you can't understand it?
No, but I'm not surprised Kingfags have shit reading comprehension. Go back to school, literal retard.

>implying

You know it to be true, guy is obsessed with Marvel.

Lol

From Moore, actually.

Your exact argument was that you said you couldn't get it when I told you you were upset you had to think. Now you are saying that I am the one who lacks reading comprehension? Your grasp of the English language is impressive.

Dude, Brainlet took a Linguistics course once. He's the smartest guy in Sup Forums.

Had never thought of it before, but god damn, that'd be cool.

Yep, Ennis and war comics go hand in hand.

I want him to write Green Lanterns. I don't know what, just anything Green Lanterns.

Marvel is dead.

>implying I'm the same guy you first replied to
Learn 2 Sup Forums

Please let him write America.

Funny cause your IP is the same

Iron Man needs a good purge from all this Bendis-shit.

Leave Vic alone. He had his time. Let him rest.

>he will switch to Marvel
Sauce or die.

Fuck that. Why would I ever want a character I like to fade into obscurity when a great writer that literally loves to write about depressed heroes works for the company he is a character of?

Nah, guy hasn't been in a decent book for like 10 years.
We're overdue.

I want him to write more Hal

I'm talking about , that wasn't me, I butted in here

Oh boy, I can't wait till the contrarian Kingfags of Sup Forums claim O'Neil was never good and King's is the only good Question run, just like they have done with literally every property King has written so far.

Someone is really butthurt?

Sup Forums became contrarian on King REAL fast

What? Why would anyone do that when no one disputes Kings Batman run is better than ONeil's? You sound like a retard straw manning and if you are referring to Snyders run its not even top 3 Batman runs you pathetic fag.

>if I say he's butthurt that means I win
lmao what is this, third grade logic? Grow up and learn to debate like an adult.

That has never actually happened with any character PTSD man worked on.

>Grow up and learn to debate like an adult.
He said in a Sup Forums board...

Yeah, its mostly Marvelfags butthurt he left or Snyderfags upset ppl like Kings run more. Occasionally its a Kylefag but they are posers cause outside of the Ion arc Kyle has been mostly shit.

Thank you, fagologist.

>ppl
Dumb phoneposter.

don't know mister miracle much but has he always been depressive or suicidal tendencys?

No, literally never.

what new god character would have fit the story he is trying to tell?

Mr. Miracle.

He has been the opposite but if you pay attention in the first issue Darkseid is fucking with Scott's head with the antilife equation. The run will end with him becoming his normal self.

I don't think any of the New Gods are particularly depressed or suicidal.

It started when he was put on Batman.

King's Batman ranges from shit to amazing to shit to mediocre. Think people were simply expecting too much after Vision, Omega Men and Sheriff Of Babylon.

The initial shockwave of disappointment mixed with the larger audience of Batman and created the anti-King contrarianism.

Personally, I think he's phoning it in on Batman but hasn't lost his talent. Vision and Omega Men were genuinely some of the best capeshit I've read in a good while, Grayson and Sheriff and his few guest spots here and there were also pretty good. Mister Miracle's too soon to see, I think there's more than meets the eye as says. I'll wait for the rest of the story to judge.

Seven Soldiers

Yes.

No I like him, but he has some pretty obvious writing tics/themes.

His story is over. Nothing else to be said.

That was a different Mister Miracle.

> What character should get dull art by Gerads or ugly art by Janin next

King has shit taste in artistic collaborators. Vision was his best looking comic and it looks like Walta only works with Marvel.

Any character can get new life.

>Nothing else to be said
The world's changed since the O'Neil series ended. There's plenty that could be said with him right now. Comic book characters are open to new interpretations and reboots.

No.

Maybe nothing for you to say because you're a shit writer with no creativity.

Though Scott's likely stuck in the same situation as Shilo, trapped in the Omega Sanction as it attempts to break him.

>The world's changed since the O'Neil series ended
Yeah, but if you go in a similar route people are going to bitch about SJWs.

Walta is mediocre as all fuck. Shaner and Bagenda are better. Also King is a fan of Hardman and he's great. Other than that, yeah eh ash shit taste in artists. He hand picked Finch himself for Batman.

King pretty much confirmed in his latest interview that this is not the case.

Kek Gerad's style is unique and refreshing. You have terrible taste. I bet you hate Quitely too.

please stay away from characters that I like

I love Quietly, Gerads is a worse version of Alex Maleev.

He will be fine, eventually. I mean: we're talking about Scott here.

That was rather hostile for no reason.

This

This please. Just take my money.

>Walta is mediocre as all fuck
And still the best artists he worked with, which is telling.

That's Kingfags for ya.

No.

It'd be kinda interesting to see his take on L.E.G.I.O.N since it kinda matches his general modus anyway

Uh no
Barnaby Bagenda is the best artist he's worked with

It's a matter of taste, anons. Walta has a distinctive style that works perfect for certain stories. And is definitively a good artist: but it's by far a not classic style for cape comics.

I like it a lot, way more than Bagenda. But I like Gerads better, too.

This, remember all those well written classic stories about Vision and Omega Men like....

Which characters have obnoxious fanbase on Sup Forums? Those ones. I was thinking Legion but I don't think Legions are obnoxious, they just want their favorite characters acknowledged.

Walta is stiff as fuck and his layouts are boring. He is as mediocre as they come.

Spider-man, Damian, Jason Todd, Wally West Captain Marvel, X-Men(Cyclops in particular), Punisher

>stiff
>mediocre
Fuck, I mean I don't expect Sup Forumsmbler to know about the visual language of comics but I fucking hate how people legitimately think saying these phrases over and over and being contrarion without any substance makes them look smart. The day Sup Forumsmbler gets some self awareness is the day this board start on the path of evangelization.

>contrarian
Opinion discarded. Fuck off back to redit.

Except for Punisher they're all too mainstream.

>"stop using these phrases" said the ESL

but this is like literally every writer in existence good or bad. Pynchon, Faulkner, etc. always revolve around a few themes in their books it's whether or not you a.) like those themes and b.) whether they're executed well

And I hate how people complain about someone's choice of words with out actually criticizing their argument. Double points if they ever use the term contrarian unironically.

Themes, sure. But King has certain tics like his dialogue that he thinks he has to do because it's his style or some horseshit when in reality all he's doing is forcing an obnoxious style of dialogue.

I'm not going to have any dialogue with brainlets who obviously don't know what the fuck they're talking about because if they did, their criticism would actually be elaborate and sensible. I know all these conversations end with "it's all subjective user" and I don't have more time for anti intellectuals than to point out their lack of knowledge.

You mean the mantras? He was a soldier you fucking commie. What are heroes if not soldiers?

I'll agree to a point. The small repetitions of words or phrases (like the bat/cat thing or in mr. miracle the standing thing) are attempts to be poetic in a certain sense that its trying to communicate an idea across, but in batman especially it's obnoxious and grating. I blame this partially on the art in conjunction with the lettering. Janin's art is just bad all around and it makes the words look ugly too.

I think it worked in omega men and vision but for the most part is kind of bad

>He was a soldier
He had a glorified desk job.

>Brainlets
>Anti Intellectuals
I'm glad to see you're being the bigger man here and not insulting others intelligence.

So youre a fucking commie. Glad we cleared that up.

Glorified consultant who got to shoot sandniggers.