So we all agree that S5 was good right?

So we all agree that S5 was good right?

Of course, it was perfect and nothing bad happened at all.

Great start sort of lame ending. Beautiful throughout.

It was okay. The Pacing was wonky, Adult swim should have given it a proper 13 episode season.

Spent too much time on Jack and Ashi and not nearly enough time on Jack and Aku.

>First three episodes

Everything afterwards was trash.

Only correct answer, although 4 was okay and the ending of 9 was kinda cool.

As most other anons will say:

First three episodes were fucking amazing. The rest is alright, but was just such a let down after the amazing start. No one was expecting or wanted a romance.

This, pretty much. I'm not sure how any of the writers looked at the old show and its fanbase and thought that the best way to go about continuing it was to make it a romance story.

It was great until he shaved. Then it became meh

There's a lot more to be said though.

The scotsman did fucking nothing and was only there as fanservice. The whole him coming back as a ghost thing was fucking stupid. "Muh celtic runes"

Pretty much all the references to old episodes were just "hey remember this? Yeah you guys liked that right?"

Ending was awful. All that build up for an underwhelming aku fight. All of jack's friends erased from existence. And then it literally rips off the ending of gurren lagann.

The horseman following jack ended up being literally just some ghost who wanted him to sudoku rather than something interesting.

The list goes on.

The first three episodes were horrible representations of the show as a whole.

It wasn't terrible but you could tell Genndy had all these idea's he wanted to try at once but then half-way through went "Oh fuck, I only have like ten episodes to do all this shit" and tried to salvage the bloated show from there.

Aishi herself isn't a bad character but when you only have ten episodes and you have to deal with 3 different subplots at once the inclusion of a side-kick character is always going to drag down the show because anytime that focus on them is time not being spent on Jack and the plot at hand.

The guardian portal prophecy was also retconned which pissed me off. I don't know why they even bothered having jack go back there since it didn't even do anything.

4 was possibly the worst episode of the whole season, user. Agreed on 9, though.

Season 5 pretty good overall.

Ya know, a weak episode there and some pacing issues. And such a let down of an ending.

Maybe an hour long ending would have helped, but maybe it needed more episodes to help us buy more on the romance and stuff. Then an hour long ending that wraps everything together. Still think it would have been better if he stayed in the future considering this season was about making Jack feel okay with that.

>Still think it would have been better if he stayed in the future considering this season was about making Jack feel okay with that.
Fucking this, the whole season was about jack coming to terms with circumstances that were out of his control, and accepting that he needs to focus on things he CAN make a difference on.
To have him go back to the past completely erases all of his character development that he has ever had.

>Even as a kid always imagined Jack would stay in the future
>Entire season 5 has him loose hope of ever going back to the past
>Find goodness and hope in the future via Aishi
>In the end it's all played straight and goes back to the past
I'm trying to not let my bias get the better of me and just complain as "not muh ending" but with how Season 5 was going it felt like the entire moral was going to be how he should accept his loss and instead focus on saving the future instead.

But then no, that's all ignored.

The friends getting erased wasn't even that bad, what I really hated about the ending was Aku's death. 5 seasons of build up and it's played off like a joke. It's just Jack chasing a Pac man ghost. Seriously fuck you gendy.

This sort of. I don't mind if Aku's death has a joke in it, but the way it was handled and how short it was and how anticlimactic it was, it was just terrible.

We never got a fight between Jack and Aku that tops the rest of the fights in the series. Which was always hyped to. Even with joke episodes like Aku's Fairytales where the kids were dreaming about Jack fighting Aku at the end.

So how did Jack kill Aku when his father did the exact same thing but was only able to seal him away?

He probably didn't even properly kill him. Aku even knew this, he just didn't want to be sealed again.

It was just the end of Jack's journey, so just know there's another person in the future who will rise up to slay Aku again.

I'm still wondering who that fucking midget was

Definitely not that girl from the haunted house, that's fucking dumb.

Why's that?

Makes more sense than the wishing fairy

She wouldn't have those eyes and that creepy voice, besides she's a literally who.

So Aku will just come back with the next eclipse?

like the one that's happening in a couple days?

Did anyone ever photoshop scaramucci's face onto Scraramouche's body or vice versa?

Who?

Anthony Scaramucci, the former white house communications director- the guy who has to go in front of reporters in press conferences and explain what the President is doing.

He lasted about a week. His name, his bragging about being the President's right hand man, and his rapid fall from grace just kept reminding me of Scaramouche.

Samurai Kino