Who really won the war of 1812?

Who really won the war of 1812?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Baltimore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>what is horseshoe bend

The US tried to invade and annex Canada. They failed and got their White House burned down.

France

But the British also tried to invade America and they failed

Well, the British didn't take their colony back, so technically we did, but it wasn't pretty.
>The US tried to invade and annex Canada
there wasn't any Canada yet, dipshit.

Canada won.

Bitch boy Americans don't know what hit them.

(it was us you fucking losers!)

America won the war of 1812 in the end leaf. Madison was the only US president to face enemy fire from a foreign state.

Britain, the Spanish got rekt.

Norway

Canada

The Jews and the bankers.

>he thinks this
>America tries to invade Canada
>it can't
>White house gets burned down
>British make a half assed attempt to recapture the US because they were fighting fucking Napoleon and didn't care about some bogans in the New world
>Britain fails
>America wins

American "logic"

You were the aggressor and you got blown the fuck out by Canada. Too bad you guys won't invade Canada ever again cause we'd kick your ass a second time.

>b-but when my boyfriend trump wins h-hell invade canda!!!

lmao at your life so hard rn.

No, the US attacked British Canada in protest of having our sailors conscripted. We burned down York and slaughtered the entire population of the city. The Brits then lost dozens of men burning down an empty shanty-town in a swamp that we had decided was our capital. Then they came crying like bitches for peace because Napoleon was fucking their shit up in Europe, we gave it to them, but not before Andrew Jackson butchered a few thousand of them in a one-sided humiliating massacre in Louisiana.

We got everything we wanted, including the respect of foreign nations and an end to press-ganging. The UK got nothing, and then another 50,000 of them died fighting Napoleon. And then Canada rebelled and they lost that too.

The US won by every definition of victory. 1812 is the UK's Vietnam, the faggots pretend they won because they burned some shit down.

America did

canadian history is made. Literally.

I don't have the patience for it today, but I could list numerous historical inaccuracies, made up facts and proof .

I wish you people had taken over, instead of just saying "fuck it"
It was smarter, there's nothing here but swamps, snow and ice.

Choctaw

After the Brits burned down the White House, they went to Baltimore and also got slaughtered.
Battle of Baltimore.
Left out of canadian history books. Seriously. It is. They say the British burnt the White House and returned to canada as "heroes"

The entire population of that cuck city you guys call--what is it now, Toronto? I forget because there's nothing important in your fag country. Whatever, the entire population died, begging for their lives on the ends of American bayonets, crying to their Queen to psave them.

But they got nothing. They were stabbed in their little cuck bellies and died crying for their mommies, and were then buried in shallow graves. We raped your city so hard they had to rename it afterwards. And what did we suffer?

NOTHING. Your British allies burned down a non-city that we rebuilt in six hours, and were then butchered like dogs by Based Andrew Jackson. Then they met our demands and went back to being Eternal Anglos in Europe while your cuck people buried their numberless dead with their fingers because all the shovels had been requisitioned for the Prussian front.

And as your sniveling ancestors buried their children, who had died like pigs, we Americans cut mad jigs because we had just intimidated a superpower into fucking off and leaving our trade alone. Great work you maple-syrup drinking savage, you managed to die in droves for no reason and get nothing out of it. I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm sure thousands of your mewling children said it already before they were bayoneted and thrown into mass graves.

The canadian population was kept afloat by irish and scottish convicts for the next 100 or so years.
I'm not kidding.
The only old things in this country are some forts and prisons.
This was a penal colony for horrible people.
That's why their history is a lie and act worse than Australians.

I feel bad for scorning all Canadians now. Sorry mate I got caught up in the moment. I didn't know about that battle though.

The cope is real.
You lost twice as many men and failed to achieve your aims. It had been your capital for 35 years. 35 years and your army was still useless.
>Tried to invade Canada. Failed.
>Have capital city invaded and burnt to the ground.
>Lost twice as many troops.
>Clear American victory.

it's actually quite interesting if you read the events up to the sacking of Washington

>American militia form up against the brits
>Brits have a special weapon they reverse engineered from their Indian wars
>Big fucking rockets
>Start firing these things at yankie lines, the militia turn around and flee after a quick engagement
>Acting like feral niggers, terrified of the ooga booga british rocket magic
>Brits take the battlefield
>Brits burn Washington

Total 3000 killed thats not a war.

No-one, at the end, everying went back to the way it was pre-war.

Tchaikovsky

Nobody won

We said gg

>he typed this
>he actually expects me to read this

lmfao at you so hard rn.

kill yourself little boy.

Im from Europe.
my grandfather had a brain fart and went to canada.
Now his grandchildren are much worse off then their relatives in the old country.
His cousin went to America like a normal person, started his own gas station and died a multi-millionaire.

Please continue trashing canada and canadians.
I hate them and this country.

In terms of long-term strategy, the Americans. I judge it like this.

Though most of the main points of contention and objectives were mostly a draw, the United States destroyed a key British ally and took over their land(Tecumseh's Confederacy) and a Native American buffer state.

On a tactical level, the Americans are only one-up in the naval campaigns by virtue of their victory in the Great Lakes. On both land and sea however, the British and Americans were equal.

And seriously, what the fuck is up with this about burning the White House? The Americans captured and burnt down York(present-day Toronto), the capital of Canada... TWICE.

If you count the US capital as a valuable military strategic victory then you must count the fact that the Americans won two strategic victories in capital burning.

>British v US war
>leafs enter thread and claim they won

everytime

The jews
Its always the jews
The jews win every war

>failed
We burned York to the ground and butchered the entire population, and Bong infringements upon US sailors ended.

Please stop being delusional. The aim was never to capture Canada, Canada is worthless. It was to end your infringements upon our rights. We succeeded.

You literally sound like an American trying to explain how we totally won Vietnam because even though we pulled out and SV fell, we won all the battles.

We got what we wanted, you got DICK, and all it cost us was some men. Oh lawdy how terrible.

But Canada didn't exist until 1867, user. "Canada" wasn't in the war of 1812.

You sure are mad that some British people burned your wood igloo.

It was still referred to generally as "Canada".

>not knowing about b-more
>battle the national anthem inspired
>calling yourself an american
You need to go

Nobody asked you, Mexico Jr.

More proof the Brits lost

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Baltimore

Canada won, everyone lost

Military stalemate, No boundary changes in the end.

Twice as many Americans Died as British,

Americans failed in their original objective.

Conclusion: British Victory

>flag has a bone to pick with anglos

Which part of Boston are you from, user?

Well you beavers certainly asked for it.

This is true. If you kill your enemies, they win.

>Tried to invade Canada. Failed.

Well this is just factually incorrect. We successfully invaded Canada. We just didn't annex any of it.

Life would be SO MUCH better if I was American.

Good job granddad, picking canada left your future generations with a life long sentence to poverty and tax slavery.
Good job.

British backed and British planned Native American buffer state destroyed, allowing further US expansion West. British policy switched to appeasement and non-provocation of the United States.

The Americans were not driven out of Canada. They still held large amounts of Canadian land, same as how the British held a good amount of US land.

Just think. If we annexed Canada, you guys wouldn't have Trudeau.

I think this was an American victory, simply because your PM is an idiot.

jesus christ...
yeah yeah, we get your point, alright?
but why do you have to be such a huge faggot about it?

You forgot the last part

>God himself calls forth a torrential downpour to save the capital of the first nation to ever be founded entirely on the basis of natural law and the recognition of inalienable rights bestowed upon every man by his creator

Every time I see discussion of this "war" its just Americans going "this happened", "that happened" and Brits like "ok then" .

We dont even learn about this because its so irrelevant in the bigger picture of our long history.

then fuck off the america u fucking wombat.

worthless piece of shit.

canada is the best. american can and is eating moose shit.

You forgot the part where they start denying historical fact, go like ALLAH SAVE THE QUEEN and proceed to masturbate themselves furiously at how Britain is best at everything and then conceitedly talk about how they didn't even try, even though they tried to the point that Tsar Alexander was wondering why the fuck they spent so much resources fighting the Americans when there's Napoleon to fight.

It's far from irrelevant. The Napoleonic Wars were just more important during the time frame and the curriculum can only cover so many subjects. When it comes to 19th century conflicts it's Napoleon and nothing else.

>Who really won the war of 1812?
Something else happened whilst we were fighting Napoleon?
Actually, I'm Anglo Irish and happy you won independence. Then again, Arthur Wellesley was Anglo Irish too.
Conflicted feels.
Fuck it. Canada won.

We all fucking lost. If we'd all stuck together instead of infighting, this planet would have been ours, and we'd be on our way to the stars by now.

in 1813, Britain wasn't part of the victorious army that paraded in Paris in 1814. By then, Britain was mobilized and then realized they didn't get as much glory as they liked. They transferred the majority of their forces to fight in the US and even Wellesley, their leading general told them that they don't get shit because they didn't really do shit. Peace was agreed and fighting stop before Napoleon returned from exile to fight again.

War of 1812 casualties : ~ 3000 (mostly "americans")
World trade centre casualties:~ 3000

Some "war" you got there senpai

There will never be an Anglo union. The white man will never come home. We will never colonize space as the perfidious Oriental will consume and consume until nothing remains.

Are you an American?
I presume so since a Filipino with some historical knowledge would regard the states with huge disdain.
Taught English in Singapore. Beautiful people.

Damn sneaky Norge fucking everything up.

wow wtf I support the Indian Removal Act now

Faggotry is the only language leafs understand.

No the British chastised America. It's in the orders issued to the british troops.

>American goal, territorial gains
>War result, return to previous borders
Well? You tell me.

No one. A golden era was lost, never to be formed again. Now America is a degenerate wasteland and the UK is irrelevant and corrupt

Why don't you go take back those Chinese islands then tough guy?

>legitimately getting upset over losing a war 200 years ago
lmao

Status Quo Antibellum.
Although i've seen it argued that it was a cultural victory for both the Americans and the Canadians, because it solidified the nationhood of both. Also the Battle of New Orleans was good because the British couldn't put forts in our territory like they did with the Northwestern Territories.

Roosevelt was preparing to sit back and watch the Nazis invade and occupy Britain.
His mistake was discussing it with Are Lad Makenzie King.
Based Canada was outraged murrika would even consider the prospect and told dad.
Brits owe so much to Canada.

Not Napoleon

it was a draw that favored the US more.

And thus the world learned that mass conscripted peasants aren't much use once you leave your borders.

infographic/10

If you burn down your enemies White House, they win.

Attrition is a bitch.

Jew bankers weren't fucking with American money yet

wtf I love hurricanes now

>Nathaniel Rothschild: "Bring them back to colonial status."

>No, the US attacked British Canada in protest of having our sailors conscripted.

Jesus you really are uppity niggers aren't you? First the taxes. Then the sailors. Then playing both sides of both world wars.

Russia

Hey shitlord, Burger Lives Matter

>That moment when you realize 'don't tread on me' was the BLM movement of that century.

>Who really won the war of 1812?

It was a decisive British victory. The British achieved all of their war goals, the American's none.

British Goals:
>Prevent Canada from becoming American
>Freedom of Trade (Look at the historical records for American exports in this era, they fall to nothing because of the British blockade, the American states actually traded with the British under Washington's nose as there was no advantage to them and the British were offering trade in any case)
>Ensure that British Citizens can be pressed by British Officers

American Goals:
>Annexation of Canada (Look at a map)
>Preventing British from recapturing British deserters
>Crush British economy and hope that the French finish them off (The British economy actually grew during this period)

You could mention the small number of American victories during the war, but they were of no consequence and the only major victory - the defeat of a British raiding party at New Orleans - actually occurred after the Americans sued for peace and signed a treaty abandoning their claims to Canada.

It was a war that America thought they could win and got trounced, the British barely cared about it because it was only a matter of economics for them; which the grain they needed was actually imported from France (Because Napoleon had no understanding of economics) so the Americans didn't gain anything.

You could also mention that the New England states were so opposed to the war that they were actually preparing to secede and refused to allow federal troops on their territory. Hell, Massachussetts and Maine were both selling to the British throughout the war.

The weather was more effective than the American army at defending your capital city.

UK.

U.S.A. sought the war so they could conquer Canada - merely 'a matter of marching', as they tol themselves - and ended up getting beaten by Canadian farmers, British reserves (the U.K. too busy spanking Napoleonic France at the time to waste proper soldiers on a minor power like the U.S.A.) and a ragtag coalition of Indians.

Washington D.C. burnt to the ground, entire U.S. navy sunk, overwhelming victories at land.

But American soldiers fluked a meaningless fictory well AFTER the war was concluded so Burgers pretend they won and try and claim their imperialistic war was some noble effort to both 're-affirm their independence' and stop American sailors being press-ganged by the Royal Navy.

Reality is that the U.S.A. has never won a war against another developed power - it has only done so has part of a coalition of equal or almost equal powers (as in WWII when British Empire and USSR did most of fighting).

But what you dont mention is that afterwards you left American trade alone before the war you were restricting trade through embargo's after the war you stopped so that could be called an American victory

Lets all have a think here shall we...

United States declares war. causus beli: annex canada.
Some battles happen.
United states burns York, capital of upper canada, and butchers civilians for fun.
Canadian militia and British troops go and burn down washington dc but the americans all run away before we get there to kill them.
some stalemate shit.
Peace is negotiated.
British troops in new orleans put all equiptment on ships, getting ready to leave.
Americans go and butcher all of these british troops who dont even have guns because they are already loaded on ships.
United states still somehow manages to lose almost twice as many men.

You guys tell me, who won?

The Rothschilds.

Quit putting down the colonies. Nothing wrong with a son trying to surpass his dad.
We had a century of bouncing off each other culturally, music was beautiful.
Now we have coldplay and kanye. Fuck went wrong?

You guys always bring up how you burnt the capital to the ground but America burnt Yorktown (the Canadian capital) down twice during the war

listen to this nice man

No, I'm not. Just someone very interested in the historical era of Enlightenment Warfare.

york was capital of upper canada (basically ontario) not the capital of the entire country dipshit

The British lost their Native American allies, better to lose a finger than a hand, I guess.

On a tactical level, the Americans were ahead by one: the Great Lakes campaign.

The Americans also burnt down Canada, twice. British war goals changed to annexing US land, but Wellesley realized that British operations won't amount to jackshit since America still held on to huge amounts of Canadian land.

>British troops in new orleans put all equiptment on ships, getting ready to leave.
Americans go and butcher all of these british troops who dont even have guns because they are already loaded on ships.
United states still somehow manages to lose almost twice as many men.

not a word of this is true
>Canadian education

You know what the young states did to your country then? That's great you're fine with that.
I wasn't sure.

Militarily, it was a draw. But in the strategic long-term, the US won because they were given free expansion to the West with the destruction of a British backed, British funded and British planned Native American buffer state.

That's irrelevant to the subject at hand. Please stay on topic.

>british lose battle only a month after peace signed
>literally takes two months to travel between NA and Europe
>b-but they already knew about it

haha