So, do they just hate eachother now?

So, do they just hate eachother now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5qvkkk2Nxyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No Rick somewhat cares about Morty deep down

Morty also cares about Rick but its evident that he is clearly becoming sick of his shit now so who knows where that'll go if anywhere.

>now

Is half a million ants 500,0000 ants or a million ants cut in half?

No, but Rick is turning Morty into a nihilistic, cynical asshole like himself. Once Morty's childlike wonder and optimism is finally dead, where hes a younger reflection of Rick, Rick may finally kill himself

Pretty much, and it's depressing as fuck. They used to be mostly best buds in seasons 1 and 2. At least Rick was redeemable back then, now he's just a dick and it feels like it erased his character development.

Writers of the show are always 1 step ahead because they make plot based on what fans are talking about while the show airs. Its been working pretty good thus far but theyve corned themselves a bit this season by making Rick face the consequences of who he is more often which is somewhat good because some of the shit he was pulling was getting too ridiculous but also thats point of the character.

Kinda, yeah. Its really turning me off this season.

I wish it would turn you off life.

youtube.com/watch?v=5qvkkk2Nxyw

Not hate per say but Morty is getting tired of his shit.

I actually like it, it shows actual character development and progress which is nice. If shit remained the same forever it'd get old fast.

I never understood why Rick acts like a dick and treats everyone like garbage, then when they have enough of his bullshit and walk out of his life he gets all depressed, and either gets drunk or tries to off himself.

Because when you're life is nihilistic and cynical, theres no reason to treat people with respect. But when they do leave, all thats left is realization that theres no reason to treat yourself with respect either.

I'm pretty sure thats why he abandoned Beth and didn't return until 2 decades later

When you're at rock bottom you treat your loved ones like shit because you think it'll hurt them less to sever ties with an asshole, but it doesn't because you're an idiot who's the cause of all their problems, you always have been, you're not going to change and they'd be better off without you

i'm honestly ready for rick to die, he's become insufferable this season and i just want something terrible to actually AFFECT him

Ricks deal is that he is super smart and thinks that because he knows that the universe is huge and nothing matters that he shouldn't care about things or be bound by his emotions.

The problem is that he is still human and with a human brain and is still subject to those emotions when his high handed actions catch up to him, so he tries to drown it all out with drinking and shit to numb the pain of living (like a lot of people do).

The whole cycle repeats of "Rick is a piece of shit, hurts everyone, realizes what he's done, feels depressed, drinks more and then acts like a piece of shit again" and Morty understands it and knows how to deal with him at this point but he's also losing patience with it since he's been putting up with it for years at this point.

>getting triggered by a fictional character
Holy shit...

Rick dies, so Morty and Summer have adventures, and Morty is Rick-lite but not as terrible?
mmmm, i like it

>Rick dies, so Morty and Summer have adventures, and Morty is Rick-lite but not as terrible
Another Rick would either take Rick's spot or take Morty away.

Well goddamn, I didn't expect answers like this. You guys got quite some insight about this, is everything good with you guys?

I really don't understand how anyone could look at Morty's character development so far and not think that it's really good

It's a moron failing at basic punctuation.

>The problem is that he is still human and with a human brain and is still subject to those emotions

What gets me is that this season they've gone to such length to upgrade Rick from a wacky mad scientist to a fucking invincible god so now I'm forced to ask why he doesn't just invent a cure for his depression.

>Alcohol
>Drugs
He masks it. He sees it as a "good enough" patch job, and leaves it at that. People talk like Jerry is the loser. Rick has it all, he is just as, if not more worthless then Jerry. Jerry should fight for visitation rights, maybe full custody. Jerry isn't as dumb as what people say.
Maybe if Rick was finally free of all his human ties he would just off himself. Maybe it's for the best?
In an off note, I hope we see Morty become a bad ass. Not like Rick, infact more like his opposite. Strong instincts, but low intelligence. Moral, and honest.
I know that it won't happen, but I can hope.

>inb4 Reddit and memey

Rick is nowhere near as friendly as he was in season 2, although he does seem to be a bit more sensitive to the family when it matters. As in, he bothers to lie to try and protect Beth's feelings. Morty on the other hand is sick of Rick's shit and trying to one up Rick at his own game whilst still maintaining a skeric of sentimentality.

>Rick has it all, he is just as, if not more worthless than Jerry.
>Jerry isn't as dumb as what people say.
Shut the fuck up, Jerry.

Women do not understand how males work.

With the resources and pleasures of infinite universes to choose from on top of unmatched improvisational thinking, Rick has reached the point where he is so hypercompetent he can mentally navigate most situations on reflex alone while remaining emotionally passive.

Rick veers through life on fast forward, spectating his own impulses, scanning for the interesting bits. However, his intelligence also means he's a critical audience, and eventually came to see his scientific prowess, and thus himself, for what is was: cartoon bullshit. And since that bullshit renders consequences moot point, his sense of what is harmful is dulled and his empathy flickers on and off depending on how thrilled or invested he is in the scene.

He's basically a self-disappointing Saitama, watching TV like a zombie, and on the screen are reruns of him playing at god.

Alright, I'm gonna go take a shit.

>Women do not understand how males work.
You ever had an older alcoholic relative who you practically had to fucking babysit as a young teen?

That shit gets fucking old fast.

>In an off note, I hope we see Morty become a bad ass.
Morty probably has a higher body count right now than a serial killer combined with an elite soldier.

Clearly Rick represents the toxic masculinity of past generations and the female writers are latching onto Morty as a mouth piece, as he's a young low test beta male.

Weakass bait

because despite being a genius in intellectual matters, when it comes to interpersonal ones he's honestly dumber than Morty in many respects

this is definitely an issue

I'm already dead but my ghost will haunt Sup Forums forever

nah they're going to fuck before the series is over seems like

Fuck off Boco, eat your pickles

Not remotely, they probably love each other more at this point than in the earlier seasons but this makes their relationship worse not better.

Rick can't handle the idea of giving a shit about Morty which makes him up his asshole levels and Morty is well aware that Rick does love him but that makes it worse when Rick puts him on a nonstop trauma train and treats him like shit.

As to not get them or you too attached. He knows about lose

wasn't this episode literally the Meeseeks episode? When Rick was acting like an asshole during Morty's adventure?
Also, why does the whole thing seem so forced...

I agree, I personally find it funny that Morty has gone from an anxious, awkward kid to someone who knows Ricks bullshit down to a T, because he's put up with it so long

This

Its been a gradual thing that started with the love potion episode. Its only just now that its really apparent.

Season one ends with Morty giving Summer a monologue about how he had to bury his own dead body in the backyard, how is Morty not already completely dead inside? They just have to keep pretending there's a little more of his innocence lost each episode so they can keep playing with the "Morty is disillusioned by Rick's nihilism" angle that, realistically, they've blown their load on a dozen times by now.

Yeah, I didn't enjoy that last episode but at least it depicted Morty as being properly jaded instead of more "J-jeeze, Rick, y-y-you can't just..."

His personality is slowly starting to resemble that of Evil Morty as well, if you pay attention, more distant and secure

I just know Rick is a future version of Morty. Rick is turning Morty into himself.

I always thought that's the end game, Rick has slowly been grooming Morty to be his successor, and in the end, Morty will be just like Rick

He doesn't want people to become too close to him or show his emotions because that would make him vulnerable so he acts like the biggest fucking cunt but then he gets all triggered when they fuck off because he actually cares and the one he truly hates is himself.
He reminds me a bit of the stereotypical abusive person with borderline personality disorder.

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that any relationship with Rick is as volatile as the man himself.

I don't know how old Morty is, but it's clear to me that he's just trying to find out how to quantify a peer he can neither hate as an enemy nor love as a parent, and that deliberately leaves their relationship on confused, muddy ground.

>I don't know how old Morty is
He's 14, he says so multiple times in the show

No. The episode showed rick was jealous that he wasnt Mortys hero,and even if drunk rick didnt do the message for Morty,he still showed jealousy and pretended that Rick programming something for Morty out of care was a logic decison,when it was an emotionlal one.
But morty is starting to hate rick every episode and its leading up to him ditching his grandpa in the finale

Fucking this. All these faggot contrarians that never watched the show are all "abloo hoo hoo the character development episodes are the worst and these new episodes focus solely on it stupid female writers."

1. The first two seasons had tons of character development and it made some of the best episodes.

2. While it seems like there is character development in s3, it is all pseudodevelopment bullshit after they took the Rick from the s2 finale and completely decimated his development thus far in s3e1. 1 episode and they destroyed all of the development he had up unto that point.

The problem isnt morty, its rick. They developed him to actually be human, to actually have emotions, and by the end of s2 he was honestly remorseful for what he had done. Then they threw it all out the window s3e1

I just find really interesting that Morty is shown to be happier and even way well-adjusted when he isn't around Rick.
Morty is the character that is being developed this season. Rick just seems to be absolutely tired of living, even more than usual.
That's my personal take on S3.

While yes, Morty has directly killed many and indirectly killed many more, he has also directly saved the entire human race from Rick, and then the entire universe from Fart.

Kys mdude

"W-w-what happened down there Mort--"
"Shut up."
That made me happy. But nothing this season has made me laugh harder than Morty's face at the end of the episode after Rick says "who the fuck is Noop Noop?"

I get the feeling Morty was always the true protagonist and the one being developed, and Rick is sort of just a plot device to develop all the characters that interact with him, the show does a good job at making him clearly toxic yet making you feel sorry for him, which is exactly how typical abusers trick you into staying with them

So where's the new episode, didn't it air yesterday?

>I get the feeling Morty was always the true protagonist and the one being developed
I think at least in the first season it was about the two of them, then S2 was more about Rick and S3 is now about Morty.
It's never been The Rick Show.

People here sure seem to think that it is

Not that I know of?

It's new ep every Saturday, no?

>Jerry isn't as dumb as what people say.
He didn't realize he was in a shitty simulation.

sunday, today

Ohhhhhh, shit. I was wrong, sorry.

Rick has always been a representation of the desperate attempts of those without a purpose to drown their existential despair in drugs and sex.

Well neither did Morty until Rick pointed it out to him
Ooh shit I had completely forgot, I'm hyped

MORTY WAS PART OF THE SIMULATION YOU ROOM-TEMPERATURE IQ SUBHUMAN.

Wow I'm dumb, nevermind, I forgot about the twist ending

Because when Rick isn't seeking praise for his genius or satisfying his own desires, he's left with just himself.

And as self-centered as Rick is, he also hates himself. He's just not self-aware enough to understand his own subconsciou self-loathing until he's left alone for long periods of time.

>characters aren't supposed to make you feel emotions

Rick's power creep has become the single biggest factor putting me off the show.

Sunday night

>I never understood why Rick acts like a dick and treats everyone like garbage, then when they have enough of his bullshit and walk out of his life he gets all depressed, and either gets drunk or tries to off himself.

Wow this hit close to home.

I make 400 million dollars a year and have every flavor of poptart in my garage.

It was an issue in Season 2, too, honestly. Every time Rick starts going into "badass" mode the show gets REALLY boring and just stops being entertaining. This old asshole sliding around and getting into gun fights is just too ridiculous.

Roiland? Is that you?

I can't believe we had a normal Rick And Morty thread with regular discussion

well now you have some important questions to answer
What is the best flavor
worst flavor?
What is the most rare flavor?

No, he's A Million Ants, not half a million.

I think this is where it'll lead to.

Inb4 Rick realizes that Morty has simply become a younger reflexion of himself, sacrifices himself at a climactic moment, and at least seemingly dies.

Quite possible they'd perform a bait and switch, but I wouldn't put killing him off behind them (in a good way).

This. Something's been off this season and I couldn't put my finger on it.

Is this season all a flash back or origin story? It's nice to dream.

It's 500,000 ants. That's not even a question.

Remember, Time is not linear.

My dick is not linear.

You may need to go and see a doctor.

He's unknowingly creating another Evil Morty.

I still think there's a chance Rick might still be in that brain probe machine this whole time.

It would explain a lot.

I think he knows.

He knows because he's done it before and can't be arsed to amend his mistakes this time around.

That WOULD explain a lot. But sadly, I don't think Harmon and Roiland are that clever.

I like to think that he sometimes notices that his influence on morty is making him act more and more like that other morty that became evil because of him, and it tears him apart inside

He tried to kill Rick once already this season. Evil Morty might well be a future version of the real one.

>Including King Jellybean and simulated Morty.
Ishy gishy diggy doo

It's not like Evil Morty is fake

What are you talking about, that would suck. It would completely destroy any development of the other characters, take away the divorce and completely restore the status quo. At least this is different.