The DVD transfer/colors of the 70's Lorax special is so bad that it makes it look like everything's already polluted...

>The DVD transfer/colors of the 70's Lorax special is so bad that it makes it look like everything's already polluted before the Once-ler even shows up

It would be funny if it didn't piss me off so much

For example

How the fuck could anyone approve this shit

>So dirty blue turned purple

Shit son, turn down the red.

Is this a /vr/ meme on Sup Forums? Is someone gonna jump from behind a bush and bitch about developers intent and CRTs?

is this movie good?

the importance of colour in art and animation: a thread

It's great, it's better than the 2012 film and it's even better than the original book
The thing is, this isn't just autism. Visuals and colors are very important in the Lorax to convey The Once-ler's wanton careless destruction of the environment.

It already looking like a murky smog-filled shithole before he even arrives kinda defeats the point, no?

>People actually complained about the Blu-rays because they thought the Grinch was supposed to be brown.

but upping the green on my tv changes blue to purple

>2012 film

Christ...

To be fair, the original Grinch book is in black and white anyway

Still, this is another good example.

Blu-ray may have some ugly tinted live action movies, but they seem to generally do a good job with their animated stuff

Even the live action stuff is usually closer to the original look. The Good Bad Ugly BD from a few years ago was ruined, but people complain about teal in movies that originally had too much magenta in their DVD masters.

Having seen films projected from celluloid, they actually do have kind of a cool tint, that gets balanced out by the warmth of the projector bulb. Most of the stuff that's too blue/green is because we're viewing it on uncalibrated PC monitors.

Imagine living with your sister and her at the time 3 year old child. Imagine having to watch said 4 year old child every day. Imagine if you will, a world where every single day a child will cry at you for 30+ minutes if you don't put in the DVD player and watch the 2012 film the Lorax. For 5 fucking months. I watched that movie every day of my life from start to finish for 5 months. In case you were wondering that's over 20 thousand hours of me watching the Lorax. That's 337 hours. That means I watch watched the Lorax for an equivalent of 14 days.
I can quote the movie word for word.
I heard it even when the DvD player was turned off.
I dream about him sometimes still. The Lorax I mean. Sometimes he comes to me. Sometimes when I'm not asleep.

>20000 hours

no thank you.

20250 hours to be precise.

How bad ca

Fucking hell. Meant minutes obviously. It's 4am here and I've been up all night.

real life doesn't have a blue tint, regardless, unless it's dim as fuck out

blue tinted movies generally look dull as shit too

Moonlight didn't. won an academy award you know.

how bad could it possibly be?

No, I wouldn't know.

I'm just saying shit like this is unforgivable.

Just because it's done deliberately doesn't mean it isn't shit.

>dirty

nigga wut
get your eyes cleaned

>muh realistic colors
How the fuck do you enjoy comics and cartoons when you can't appreciate expressionistic use of color in storytelling?

Seriously are you someone who wishes the Simpsons were tan?

>expression
>they just wanted to catch people's attention whenever they flipped through the channels

anyway if artistic expressionism means slapping a dull blue filter over everything?

then no.

FUCK. THAT.

I was going to take some well colored comic books I'm fond of and put some filters over them, but this post is honestly too stupid to be worth my time