Steven Universe thread!

Steven Universe thread!

>thoughts on SU
>favourite characters/episodes
>are you excited for the new episodes?
>general discussion on SU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY
kametsu.com/topic/57130-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/?do=findComment&comment=566987
reddit.com/r/stevenuniverse/comments/6ut3lr/anyone_got_any_unpopular_opinions_about_the_show/
reddit.com/r/stevenuniverse/comments/6usdw7/veterans_of_the_show_how_long_did_it_take_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So, when are the new episodes anyway?

Friday.

I'm not sure, all I know is this summer so presumeably a month or two.

Friday!? That's a lot sooner then the last time I checked.

>still no confirmation of season 6
youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY

Do we really need it?

>thoughts
I like the show. I'd be lying if I said that I don't like the lore, it's interesting and original. It has a special place in MUH HEART.
>favorite characters/episodes
For the episodes, The two Bismuth episodes were the shit. I really enjoyed the music and writing on that one.
And for the characters, no fucking idea really. I like 'em all. Even the townies.
hell fucking yeah. even for the Major Dewey one.

have a sad steven, too

>Steven Universe S05E05 - Dewey Wins
>HK Airdate: August 25th, 2017 at 5PM GMT+8

I almost guarantee it's gonna be a Trump episode. I really hope I'm wrong though.

It's a good show - it transformed pretty gradually from a goofy monster-of-the-week thing to something more plot driven, but the fact that the earlier episodes were there to set up the plot driven stuff and weren't just forgotten is a nice touch.

Really hoping that the new episodes come out sometimes soon. I'm sort of hoping that this is the last season of the show, not because I don't want more but because I'd prefer if the show was able to wrap up on its own terms with the ending that the creator has in mind and not just get cancelled because Cartoon Networks retarded scheduling setup has made the primary audience for it lose interest.

Best characters are Greg and Garnet. They should hang out more.

I couldn't agree with you more! The bismuth episodes are some of the best.

I see where you're coming from, but I'd still like at least 10 seasons before it ends.

Sauce?

Began watching this a little, around season 1, episode 22. I'm strangely enough attracted to the show. Probably a little too much time on my hands. The whole gem thing is kind of interesting. Pearl is best gem.

At the rate they are putting them out we'd be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the show by the time the last episode aired if there were 10 more seasons.

Cancerous tumors speeds everywhere.

It could be better, but than again, what couldn't be better?
Greg, Steven and then Garnet.
I would be more excited if it a regular air date.
I wonder why Rose resurrected Lion only, why the Gems could've assisted Humanity (as they should, Earth is geographically FUBAR because of them) at any time during 5000 years, and who were the human knights and warriors (as shown by their armours in the armoury), and why Greg is the only person in 5000 years to woo Rose Quartz.

kametsu.com/topic/57130-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/?do=findComment&comment=566987

*could've but didn't

When will this crap end? All the main lead is female!

>why Greg is the only person in 5000 years to woo Rose Quartz
He wasn't. Greg was the only who insisted to be taken seriously as a partner.

>bait

Rose resurrected Lion simply because she could and she probably thought the possibility that she could revive organisms other gems would be an
exciting prospect.

The day after you die, so get cracking.

Yes. Yes, we do.

But Bill is so much nicer than Trump...

That... is the lamest bait I have seen.

>simply because she could

We don't know that.

He may have been her fucking lion. I mean, she had sex with humans, right?

And she was the right size.

>That day when Steven says "Room, show me when Lion and Mom were together - AAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!"

in 5 (five) minutes

It's almost as if it was better to tell a story in 20 minutes rather than cramming it in only 10 minutes!

Asia is puting an episode out this friday. Its out of order so it could be an episode anywhere this season. It might be season 6 for all we know.

>thoughts on SU
It's decent. It feels like it's constantly taking one step forward and two steps back though. The lore Sugar came up with is amazing, and the Gem race is one of the more interesting alien races in fiction, but the writers meander too much in trying to explore them.

>favourite characters/episodes
It used to be Garnet, but since they've stopped trying to develop her at all, I've gravitated more towards Amethyst.

Marginally.

They never try and "cram" the story into 10 minute episodes; they never try and sum everything up.

>have a peridot

I need jasperedemption.
BADLY

Probably not gonna be any time soon.

Me: boy I doubt there's ever gonna be an episode that's gayer than Keystone Motel
Sucrose: hold my fucking beer

It's not going to be a Trump episode. They avoided being overly political back in Political Power, plus the episode was storyboarded back in 2015.
If we ever do get a Trump episode, it would be in 2018.

Trump was still a joke in political power,and the crew REALLY hates trump. We might get a shitfest.
Or maybe not. I would hope sugar doesnt break and make a trump parody out of spite.

the music was good
>inb4 the music wasn't good

>Trump was still a joke in political power
What? That episode had nothing to do with Trump. Did we see the same episode?

It wasnt a trump episode,but the other user said they didnt parody trump in that politics episode.
At the point where they wrote the episode this friday trump had a chance to presidency. The crewniverse hates trump with a passion.

i think they mean he was a joke in general when the episode was being boarded? at least I hope so

>At the point where they wrote the episode this friday trump had a chance to presidency.
The episode was written in 2015, user.

Hopefully the dewey episode is Dewey vs Buck. That way they dont have to parody trump and make something unique

Dude,the episode is out of order. The episode might be from season 6.

Trump was still just the millionaire dude from New York when political power aired. He was no more of a joke than any other celebrity.

>It might be from season 6.
Season 6 hasn't even been confirmed yet. Quit grabbing things from your ass.
It's almost like you want there to be a Trump episode.

Better, one of the Gems runs against Dewey for mayor.

If there's not a Trump episode then how will he come here to bitch about the mean old cartoon lady picking on him?

Hell no i dont want a trump episode. But its an out of order episode since reunited comes after the Wanted arc.
And its not confirmed,but as we are speaking,they are still working on episodes. And episodes take a year to come out,or even more due to hiatuses. Season 5 is 25 episodes and it was written in 2015/early 2016. No way season 6 isnt a thing since theres still people writing it.

You people seem to be forgetting something; the Crewniverse were the same people who created Uncle Andy, a character who held conservative views but wasn't demonized for them. To this day, they still get shit for making Andy a character instead of a straw man caricature to mindlessly bash on.

I trust the Crewniverse knowing Andy still exists.

Next episode we might see peridots new outfit,pink lars walking around,bismuth or jasper in the beach house and all of it because its out of order.
I remember when barn mates/hit the diamond came out in france before super watermelon island. Nobody knew what the fuck was happening.

Pearl perhaps? She dislikes mayor Dewey and likes to organise things I guess. Also Dewey is attracted to Pearl.

It's still a stretch to claim that this episode is from season 6, since we haven't had out of season episodes since season 1 and that was for a big event.

The most shocking leak so far was a bumper in CN that was a clip from barn mates. It was a bumper that was 2 MINUTES BEFORE MESSAGE RECEIVED,and spoiled lapis being freed,malechire dead,the cluster being stoppep and peridot staying as a crystal gem THE EPISODE WHERE WE DIDNT KNEW IF SHE WAS GONNA STAY GOOD OR NOT.
That was some baffling shit.

I apologize for my grammar errors. Im on phone and i cant get out of bed.
My point still stands. What the fuck CN.

>Season 6 hasn't even been confirmed yet. Quit grabbing things from your ass.

He isn't, one of the VAs posted a pic of a recording session and it was for a Season 6 episode.

Some real baffling shit to me is how they chose to promote Rocknaldo.

If it aired on April Fool's I wouldn't have thought anything of it but it seemed like CN was deliberately taking the piss out of the fans.

>Asia puts out on episode near the end of the series
>'Oh boy steven, I sure am glad you managed to solve our problems, and bring peace. How did we do it again?'
>'Eh, we've already told that story let's just play with Lion'

Going haruhi suzumiya on this, are we?

Very much this, the only difference is my favorite gem is pearl

>thoughts
I like it but it could be a lot better
>favourite characters
Greg, Pearl, Angry Steven
>favourite episodes
Steven the Sword Fighter, We Need To Talk, Message Received, Super Watermelon Island, Mr. Greg, Bismuth, Steven's Dream, Lion 4, The Trial
>new episodes hype?
I just wanna see White Diamond

Also, favorite episodes are mirror gem and ocean gem.

You think that CN will close one of his most successful shows? Oh, yes..i forgot that is CN.

hell yes. 25 episodes isnt enough to conclude EVERY plot thread in this show.
>the cluster
>cure for corruption
>bismuth
>jasper
>the diamonds conflcit
>white diamond
>pearl and lapis backstory
We need it. BADLY.

reddit.com/r/stevenuniverse/comments/6ut3lr/anyone_got_any_unpopular_opinions_about_the_show/
>When Sup Forums is more of a hug box than fucking Reddit.

What happend to the outro music? At first it was just a piano but now they added in some guitar. It really feels out of place.

Not to mention Rose, the other planets that were destroyed/colonised, the possibility of other rebels and hybrids, etc.

reddit is fucking awful anyways.
The only good SU reddit is the leaks one,and thats because it can have info

>Reddit is fucking awful anyways
How? That thread is filled with criticism that /sug/ never makes.

mate,have you ever been into more than one thread of /sug/? People there criticize garnet,peridot,lapis,zuke,season 4,townies,ronaldo,onion,the writing,steven,bismuth,the fandom, the crew,etc.
That link you posted is the only place on that subreddit that criticizes the show. Look at any other thread and look at the dumbasses sucking the shows dick

reddit.com/r/stevenuniverse/comments/6usdw7/veterans_of_the_show_how_long_did_it_take_for/
>OK KO does a better job of gay representation than SU
How does it feel being so BTFO?

thats...not what you just linked means at all...
OHHHHHH
I get it. Youre shitposter kun

Considering Ian co-created SU, not at all?

>not at all
You got BTFO by OK KO, a superior show.
You should feel bad.

i missed you shitposter kun

>go to a /sug/ thread
>it's nothing but praise and dick sucking

>go to a SU sub thread
>it's criticism about it's gay representation

You were saying?

For fucks sake, how much longer till the new season?

How is this show represent gays if the gems are genderless anyway?

It already started with Stuck Together.

love you shitposter kun

They all look like girls and call each other she and her. Like how Transformers are all called he and him except for the ones that all have mysterious robot breasts for some reason.

Close enough IMO.

My favorite episode is the one where one of the characters tricks another into having sexual relations with them as an emotional power-play

They're non binary shithead.

Pffft, fusing with Garnet isn't like sex.

It's like cramming yourself full of every upper you can get your hands on and enjoying the rush of unlimited power you feel compared to your normal form which was designed to basically just be a fancy accessory for powerful asshole gems to show off.

Fusion doesn't represent sex though, it represents relationships. Although for a kidsshow some of the fusions are a little too suggestive for my tastes.

fusion isnt sex. its relationships personified.

BE PART OF MY POWER

What's the best song and why is Giant Lesbian Dubstep?

Will we see them kiss before the end of the show?

Oh dear...

>Like how Transformers are all called he and him except for the ones that all have mysterious robot breasts for some reason

Um....

I liked the show a lot more before season 3 and 4. Season 5 is looking up so far, but it's going to take a lot to win me back, especially with how often this show goes off the air.

bump

They wouldn't show sex in a childrens show, right?

needs to go back to becky's singing

Basically.

>onion
Anyone who criticizes Onion needs to be gassed.

he is the true ultimate life form and he permits us to live.

What was wrong with season 3 again?

So you think fusion is sex, 100%?

bubbling is pretty interesting. There is little qualm to bubbling violent monsters because it's the best way to pacify them. There seems to be a lot of issue with bubbling non-corrupted gems, like Lapis in her mirror and Bismuth.

Bubbling is like a time stasis, like a fantasy prison, similar to the end of Teen Titans when almost every single villain that appeared in the show got dumped into cryostasis for some reason. and kind of like the phantom zone.

From the bubbler's perspective, it's an effective way to push aside problematic things for later examination. The user is allowed to move on with their own life while the "problem" lies in stasis with no suffering, but also no room for positive growth/communication. Lapis seemed extremely frightened at the suggestion to be bubbled, so even though she spent millennia trapped in the mirror while her conscious remained active, losing her consciousness was considered a much more terrible fate. Bismuth, like Peridot, seemed to experience no loss of time, acting according to their situations right before being poofed. For her situation, Bismuth was upset that Rose used bubbling to stall the issue and hide Bismuth's betrayal from her comrades, forcing Bismuth to play a facade while holding her guilt. In her case, she actually wanted to be shattered than face her comrades again with her guilt.

Oh, and Peridot and Bismuth seemed to be able to reform almost immediately after their bubbles popped, so it seems the recovery period continues within the bubble.

So far, we've seen bubbles from Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, Rose, Steven, Peridot, and Pink Diamond. So is bubbling a learned ability? Bubbling seems like a very effective method of containing gems, so why did Jasper not bubble the Crystal Gems upon capture?

They changed it to singing too? I'm only at season one but does the outro music change much across seasons? I've found the first version with the piano to be perfect, no changes needed.

yeah there's version with rebecca singing the ending theme. starts in season 2 I think.