So after Toei's cease and desist along with the removal of episodes 58 and 59...

So after Toei's cease and desist along with the removal of episodes 58 and 59, is it safe to say DBZA is dead in the water?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BS-HiOzcjJg&t=61s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did they get C&Ded again?

>They got another C&D
At this point they should just fucking stop

The episodes have been up again for a month

they got served in person at anime expo

please go back to Sup Forums
why the fuck are you making this thread here? jesus christ!

they told them to stop selling shirts of their stuff and one of them made a dumb tweet of it so they went all out again

Good. Abridging should be illegal. I side with copyright holders over the people profiting off their work without their consent anytime. Fuck TFS.

I thought that happened a while ago. Last I remember was the fat one posting some vlog about how getting C&Ded again meant a lot to him and some shit and he tried to get all deep and meaningful about it

Yeah it isn't even a proper parody since the story still goes the exact same way and they keep all of the defining moments of the series the same.

>I side with copyright holders over the people profiting off their work without their consent anytime.

Have you ever read a storytime on Sup Forums?

Fuck. Abridging is fun but they shouldn't make money off it.

>people jokingly re-interpreting a story should be illegal
>Sup Forums storytime
>profit

Who the fuck makes a dime off of Sup Forums storytimes

Dbza is unironically protected speech you anti 1st turbolibs can crawl back up tumblr's rainbow-dyed snatch.

We're way past jokingly re-interpreting a story at this point though

Oh hey, the new ones really are gone. Amazing.

DBZA team always seemed to loathe the idea of abridging the Buu saga. Looks like they'll get their wish and never reach it.

but selling merchandise was their mistake

(you)s are profit user

It's less about the profit aspect and more that it's in the same vein.

In one instance, you're making a profit off of someone else's copyright.
In another instance, you're denying someone profit but still enjoying the product which is paramount to theft.

You can't really take a moral highground on one issue without holding a similar highground to the other.

>Their website versions still work cause vidme still works

And nothing of value was lost. Youtube is a dying platform.

God damn it, every time I remember this exists and wonder if I should watch through it this happens.

Bull. If someone was interested before, they'd either buy it, read it in a book store or library without paying, or download a rip themselves. The actual amount of legit buyers storytimes dissuade is most likely negligible especially if they come here regularly

I'd wondered why they'd slowed to an absolute stop, I just figured they were jacking off with their gaming video shit instead of doing the one thing people go to them to watch.
Hellsing Abridged finished FUCKING NEVER

I remember watching a video of Lanipator and the rest of TFS claiming that most of their revenue doesn't even come from their abridged videos or patreon. It's mostly their Let's Play Channel and merchandise that earns them a living.

I don't why they have gone full Egoraptor yet, quit the abridging series that doesn't even make up them much money, only legal trouble and lawsuits, and just go full-time LPing with OC merchandise that has nothing to with Dragon Ball or any other copyright material.

At the very least, they have the money and connections to hire animators to draw their own parodies, so they can avoid Toei altogether. There, 99% of their problems are solved. Toei can't touch them because it's a parody of their work, which is legal, and it's TFS' own creation.

>hellsing abridged
Isn't that only on Halloween, anyways?

TFS are currently going legit by doing the dub for a Madhouse movie known as "Hells", I can them see them becoming another Rooster Teeth but with a more anime theme to them.

Funny because both teams are based in Texas. Which is the reason why you see a lot of Funimation voices in RWBY.

They're also moving into the dubbing industry for several anime productions as well.

They should've stopped as soon as they started profiting off of it. If anything Toei is being to nice.

Yeah but last year it got pushed almost into fucking march and they promised 2 episodes a year. Which they have fucking welshed on.

You can do abridged stuff without profiting off of it. The abridged gimmick itself can be pretty funny, but when you get a group like TFS that get greedy and let fame go to their head then yes, it's bullshit and they need to stop.

You are fucking retarded.
There's a HUGE difference.

The ability to create noncommercial derivatives of a work must be a right.

>Youtube is a dying platform.
lmao you tell yourself that.

>He doesn't know
Advertisers all bailed out. Now they've got a blacklist that consists of random content makers with no rhyme or reason to why people are black listed. Constant struggles with report abuse for years.

Yeah, I'm sure there can be a platform that can do literally anything it wants without alienating people.

>Yeah but last year it got pushed almost into fucking march
I was trying to remember if they'd even gotten around to it last year, fuck me. I know they say the gaming shit doesn't interfere with the abridging work, but that smells like bullshit and it's a little frustrating to watch them sperging out over games multiple times a week yet take 3 months to make an 11 minute cartoon out of already-finished animation.

>he thinks Literally Whos whining over their webcam-filmed garbage matter to a company that rakes in literal oceans of cash by hosting content from every corporation ever
lel

>Last I remember was the fat one posting some vlog
>the fat one
they are all fat

I knew the moment they started doing gaming shit production would crawl. It is low quality low effort shit that generates views. Stopped being about the art and goal of abridging DBZ and about money.

Youtube makes a loss. It's not a profitable part of google and with advertisers dropping it, it's becoming less and less profitable, hence the pancicked attempts to try and sanitise it.

Team 4 Star was never funny. Who cares.

I like how the abridged Cell fight is taking twice as long as the original.

SSJ2 Gohan by 2025, user!

None of that matters. You've fallen prey to the "my niche interests are what matter" mentality.

Normies will NEVER abandon Youtube, and they are the only people YT cares about.

This. Nerds are fucking retarded when they start thinking that the shit they care about outweighs the shit that gets millions of views overnight.

Which will likely make the situation worse. I don't think Google understands that Youtube exists because people deign to upload to it. It doesn't exist because Google says so.

See

>Receive almost 12k a month to use copyright material of an anime they're parodying
>Still not intelligent enough to realize that's illegal
>Didn't just hire some newbie recently graduated 2D/3D animators to animate their parodies
>They're still not making that transition now ASAP, despite Toei sending a personal C&D letter that it's against the law and they will sue.
There's a reason Harry Patridge, Shippiddge, and Egoraptor don't deal with these C&D letters: The corporations can't sue because they animate all their content of the works parodied. TFS should follow suit. Heck, RT made their own goddamn anime show with literally zero professionals in the animation industry.

How exactly are they dead when they have their website (which makes profit) and they make over $11,519 a month on Patreon. Not to mention they make money off t-shirts and they still have a Youtube gaming channel and they stream on Twitch. They literally don't need Youtube at all they can just upload new episodes on their website

Patreon was a mistake

Shame. Their Piccolo is the best Piccolo

They don't upload anything but low quality letsplays

You're wrong. Deal with it. Your mom's basement isn't the center of the universe.

Their website uses VIDME. They don't upload to their site.

Good
TearFourStar are absolute garbage. And I'm not saying this to be contrarian or a shitposter. As producers of content, they are completely and utterly pathetic.

Consider
They started doing DBZA over 10 years ago. 10 years. Dragonball Z first aired on television in 1989 and ran until 1996. That doesn't take into account the manga that it was originally based on which was published weekly in Shonen Jump.
Now think about everything that's involved in the production process of a manga and animated adaptation.
First it has to be written, then it has to be drawn, inked and colorized then published, distributed and sold.
Afterwards it has to be storyboarded, drawn, animated, produced and edited, cast, voiced, directed and shipped worldwide. And all of that's before it's even aired on regional television.
And all of that, ALL OF IT, took 7 years.

It has taken TeamFourStar longer to abridge just over half of a show that already exists than it did for the entire manga and anime to be made.

That is fucking diabolical.
>inb4 m-muh brand awareness and diversification
DBZA is their flagship show. It is what they are most and best known for and as creators of content they have an obligation and a responsibility to their fans and financial backers to produce quality content on a reasonable schedule.
Let's put to one side the fact their 'gaming channels' which are so fucking easy to make they could crack out one a day every day.
It usually takes over a month for them to make an episode. One month. For a 15 minute edited video of a show THAT'S ALREADY BEEN MADE FOR THEM.
All they have to do is write an episode, record the voices and edit the footage. It should take no more than a week at the outside.

So, yeah
Fuck TeamFourstar
Fuck their fanboys

No, it's a godsend for real artists.
Patreon allowing people to make money off of fanworks was a mistake.

Good. It's kinda fucked up that Toei's getting a bad rep even though TFS are literally breaking the law by profiting off of other's peoples work.

You dense mother fucker. I work at Google (programmer for Home) and are friends with people who are in the YouTube division. A lot of faggot SJWs have taken over that division and anything that is outside their viewpoint is automatically labeled as hate speech. The recent James firing is only the tip of the massive dick as a lot of people have been released. The difference is that people are fired every day for stupid bullshit.

YouTube.Is.Dying. Advertisers do not want to have their 8 to 25 second commercial on a random video that features content that they may or may not agree with. Watching a video for the newest Ford truck when the actual YouTube video is about how some mudslime retard in the EU killed people with a vehicle the previous day is bad. That is why YouTube changed how videos are monetized and are cracking down on anything that retards who has been kept in the closet their whole life won't find offensive.

Vid.me and other video hosts are facing similar issues. Who wants to advertise on content that could easily go against the product shown?

>my uncle works at nintendo!

>check their YouTube channel
>all the episodes are gone
>check their website
>all episodes are there still

How is it a problem? Toei can't touch them on their website

Well I disagree only in that Abridging should be fine if there's no money being made.

I bet you think anybody can post a video game LP deserves money too

>Still not intelligent enough to realize that's illegal
Except it's not.

>they could crack out one a day every day.
they crank out multiple a day

Toei can touch whatever they want when TFS keeps ignoring the possibility of getting sued right up until they finally get sued.

You said "Abridging should be illegal" not "Abridging for profit should be illegal".

Honestly, yeah. Most of the people who think anybody can do a Let's Play then do it themselves are fucking awful it because it's just dead space and the guy stuttering. Like people who think they can automatically become as famous as AVGN if they just swear and get mad at video games.

The biggest issue I view with TFS is how DBZA began as a fan project and now has evolved into this large business when by definition it is a legal nightmare due to the content being parodied.

Some of us anons have legit jobs and are not faggots. I've been with Google since 2010 in various departments. Hell, during a lunch break before the election I made a positive statement regarding Trump (the wall needs to be built as our border control is a joke) I thought I was going to be stabbed. Since Hillary "should have won" and all that other nonsense DemocRATS think.

Their mistake was trying to profit off of someone else's IP. If they had never tried to sell merch than this wouldn't have happened. Frankly they deserve it.

As much as I enjoy watching DBZ Abridged, this is some bullshit I need to call them out on.

I have no idea how many people noticed but they removed "non-profit" from the disclaimer at the beginning of their videos a few episodes ago. This tells me that they are now or at least are trying to monetize the actual episodes and not just the spinoff lets play videos. The fact that they've also been selling t-shirts of the characters for years isn't really cool either. At this point, it seems like they're trying to run a business using a franchise that doesn't belong to them and I can understand why Toei would be pissed about that. Funimation attempting to get them in their dub of DBZ Kai probably made things worse. I would say Toei is in the right for a lawsuit should they go that route.

>I've been with Google since 2010 in various departments.
I hope you have other prospects lined up. You'll need them soon.

TFS should have never advertised the fact that they're directly profiting off their Abridged series or sell copy right merchandise. They should have just opened up a Patreon account under the pretense that it funds their gaming channel, but also admitting the extra funds could free their time to work on other non-commerical content ie continue abridging, due to the fact they're now self-efficient.

I have seen that happen numerous times, where people open up donation accounts, for something they can't profit off directly, but can set up a Patreon for some unrelated project that helps them be self-efficient and give them time to work on the non-profitable project on their spare time.

I have no idea why they do that once a year bullshit when there's only 10 episodes. Especially when they somehow keep getting pushed back by years.

They are just salting because abridged actually has proper editing staff. Seriously. DBZA is by far the best adaption of DBZ. Baring the humor. This is why toei is pissed off. Random assholes are better than them.

One of my friends makes a webcomic that features the likenesses of sports players who just won the best trophy in all of sports to give you a hint.

He's been hit with more than a few C&D and has always relied on fair use laws to push through. He had an issue a year or so ago due to releasing a shirt where the player could easily be identified.

>Honestly, yeah.
Fuck off. Just because someone is funny and charismatic doesn't mean they deserve to profit off of a video game they didn't help make.

There are LPers that make WAY more money than the poor bastards that got average paychecks for slaving away programming and modeling, and there's nothing right about that.

If someone who's good at LPing wants to make money, they should have to get their foot in the industry somewhere or get into voice acting, not press a "give me free money because a billion middleschoolers subbed me" button in their YouTube settings.

Your post reads much more like someone from Sup Forums trying to add legitimacy to a hypothetical by lying than a person who works at google happening to share Sup Forums views.

>I work at GOOGLE you guys! Honest! I'm not just a Sup Forums poster who sucks at acting!

Same here. It feels like every fucking formerly high quality/high profile channel also has a second let's play/gaming channel they put more time into nowadays,

Thankfully, you don't get to decide who does or doesn't deserve to make money based on your fits of jealous rage.

Yeah. Let's put these guys who edit pre-existing animation into 10-15 minute videos every few months at best in charge of animating and editing a 20 minute show that comes out every week and see how well that goes.

The internal rumor is that the government will label Google a monopoly and force it to break into smaller factions. Similar to Ma Bell of the 80s and what Microsoft almost went through during the 90s.

The big people already figured that this would happen. Hence why Alphabet was born and each "division" is its own separate entity. The hope was to avoid that in the future whenever the breakup talks would happen.

Let's plays are just way easier to churn out, especially if you don't edit anything

>DBZA is by far the best adaption of DBZ.
People that say this make me laugh more than GT fans.

Wipe the collective shit from TFS's colons off of your nose and get a life.

I was going to make a crude jab at being fired for wrong thing/being male, but that would be a hell of a thing if that legit happened.

I could see it, frankly.

It's pretty sad when you realize they've been doing this for a literal decade. Hell the reason their fans are so rabid is because half of them grew up with the series.

You forgot to mention they are voices for CACS in xenoverse and xenoverse 2.

>h-heh you're just j-jealous! I'll t-totally be a millionaire like Pewdiepie, just wait and see!
Post your channel big boy.

Toei making Funimation remove TFS out of DBZ Kai was a truly dick move though.

youtube.com/watch?v=BS-HiOzcjJg&t=61s

I love how Funi and TFS have a great relationship but Toei keeps sabotaging them. There was literally nothing illegal about TFS being in DBZ Kai, it was Toei making a personal attack on TFS because they hate them

Toei's excuse is what exactly? They are the largest animation industry in japan and yet they have been getting worse and worse as time goes on. They sont even try any more. Theyve gotten so bad they dont even get shonen jump's manga anymore. Yes the DBZA guys arent animators but at this point, neither is toei.

Do you not know how litigation works? They can't just hide on their website, Toei can destroy them whenever they want.

>This tells me that they are now or at least are trying to monetize the actual episodes and not just the spinoff lets play videos.

They don't monetize the videos.
They took it off a few episodes ago because they started a patreon which is a catch all for the entire channel, including all the none DBZA stuff like LPs and stuff.

Which is why it's so weird their videos keep getitng bounced regularly. They know the company and have worked for it directly several times, and they even have approval to do the series. It's basically one big advertisement for all things Dragon Ball.

People in this thread getting their RIGHTEOUS JUSTICE boners going, but it's just Youtube's system being shitty.

>They know the company and have worked for it directly several times
No they haven't. Toei has nothing to do with the Xenoverse games, and they made Funimation pull their voices out of Kai when they found out about it.

Don't have one, champ. I'm just not so petty that I actively wish for others to be dragged down cause I'm not as fortunate as them. You see, I posses the ability to be happy for others when they do well.

Nothing screams underage like people who defend copyright infringement just because someone made you laugh with LEL RANDUMB XD humor.

They're being shitters and breaking the law and from Toei's perspective they're being rewarded for it by being invited to join in on the Kai dub. I can absolutely understand why they'd be upset.

Except it is. TFS isn't just taking some clips or scenes like Mojo for a particular Top 10 X, some online critic reviewing the DB franchise, or even educational purposes. They're profiting each video they make without Toei's approval. You do realize YMS is also getting his videos removed because he's showing too much of the movie he's reviewing, right? TFS falls under the same category.

Believe what you want. I could care less if you faggots doubt me. I'm just saying what I've experienced.

Sup Forums has been around for over a decade now. I was graduating from high school in 2005 and am an oldfag as I've been here since 2007. We all joke about Anons never doing anything with their life, yet some of us actually have legit jobs and are doing shit.

What they do is perfectly legal in it's current form. People saying it isn't don't understand how the law works. Granted, it's somewhat of a grey area, but there's no reason a lawsuit would work. Beyond forcing the thing to court only to be thrown out, of course.

>They are the largest animation industry in japan and yet they have been getting worse and worse as time goes on
You're clueless. DBS's animation has improved by leagues since the mess it started out as.

>Do you not know how litigation works?
Nobody here does. This thread is literally full of 15-year-olds that live and breathe YouTube videos of grown men screaming at COD and making Goku and Vegeta act goofy xDDD.

And started this thread on Sup Forums no less.

>Toei can't touch them on their website
you mean except for the fact they can because TFS is getting money from copyrighted content that doesn't belong to them?
sorry dude but editing the episode footage doesn't magically make it not be copyrighted anymore. if they animated the parody themselves it would be one thing, but if they don't and profit from it it's illegal.