Yawn

Yawn

I've only watched two episodes and I'm thinking about dropping it. Any scene that doesn't involve Daredevil is just not very interesting.

I'm three episodes in... it took three fucking hours for 'The Defenders' to bring The Defenders together.

If the pacing for the rest of the season is this bad I don't know if I can make it through.

Why the fuck are you cucks even watching this in the first place?
I'd rather sit through Arrow season 4 again.

>Luke Cage scene
>ghetto music intensifies

watching this feelt like a chore and afther watching it i got mixed feeling but in the end im happy i watch it

>final showdown between our four heroes and an ancient shadow organization that plans on destroying New York City
>Wu Tang Clan starts playing

yea that was terrible and it feel there was no real danger in that figth unlike the figth with the 3 fingers

>Tv-series adaptations
Yawn

I love the Wu Tang but that was just a terrible choice of fight music... felt really underwhelming and removed all the possible epicness to emerge from this fight.

but yo, can you guys believe that Ike Perlmutter actually approved one whole 4.0 earthquake and one whole building collapse in the budget?? wow! maybe we'll get like five seconds of real CGI for phase 2 of the netflix shows.

At least we got to hear Weaver say Baka

The live action Marvel shows on Netflix are really bland. How to people stomach it? It really feels like it's catered to female normies.

I honestly don't know why I marathoned it all in one day. Shit was just dull.

>mfw thinking they actually had the balls to kill Matt
>Nah he's alive because reasons

I think the two main problems with the show are:

A:) As opposed to the other Netflix shows, which are too long, I think the Defenders is too short. Not enough time developing the plot or establishing the danger that theHand actually posed to the city. Their motivations and methods were still too vague after seeing so much of them over the course of several seasons, and the climax felt too rushed. We could have also used more scenes of the heroes interacting and forming real bonds, to make the ending where Matt sacrifices himself (sorta) more impactful. I think 10 episodes would be the sweetspot, as opposed to 8 or 13.

B.) They should have developed Alexandra more. They hyped her up as this badass leader of the Hand, but never did anything to establish her as a threat or why she should be feared. I think it would have also made her death scene more surprising and impactful, because it was pretty obvious fairly early on that Elektra would betray her. The only part of it that actually took me off guard was that they killed her off before she did anything noteworthy. It felt like a HUGE waste of Sigourney's talent.

Other than that, the show was fine. Not GREAT like Daredevil season 1, but good.

It's becoming a parody at this point

Nah, that's CWshit like Supergirl and Arrow. Marvel Netflix is more aimed towards Reddit fedora tippers.

This show made me appreciate AoS more. Now that's a show with stakes, locales other than New York and many characters that it manages to make you care for. And they manage to squeeze out much more out of TV budget in 22 episodes that Netflix shows in 13/8.

Twice this show irritated me by having something impossible happen, like the scene where daredevil throws Murakami off the second story in that swanky building and it cuts to where he would've landed and there's just a bewildered waiter like Murakami vanished. then they straight up show Daredevil and Elektra getting crushed by thousands of tons of debris, then cut to him in a convent lmao

>Other than that, the show was fine. Not GREAT like Daredevil season 1, but good.

it was the worst show so far, they wasted Sigourney weaver or whatever and there was not a single decent fight scene

Worst so far? Maybe, but I'll have to let it sit for a while before making that judgment call. It's definitely wasn't as focused as any other singular Netflix show, but I did enjoy most of what was there.

I agreed with you that Sigourney was wasted.

The board room fight was pretty good, and did a good job of showing all the various different heroes abilities.

I'm pissed because AoS will never get the credit it deserves until AFTER it ends because the show honestly did get better (Acting, writing, and CGI wise) but people won't give it a chance because 'DURRRRRRR IT SUCKS LMAO ' meme.

The stakes felt really low, the Hand were shitty villains and they haven't been done well in any of the Netflix stuff. Weaver was the vessel of this season's mediocrity though; a super talented actress given the most boring character with the most predictable arc.

I don't know why people have their panties in a twist over Iron Fist he was fine in this show, Luke was boring as fuck. He had no consternation over anything other than whether to use the bombs and then he just fussed for a sec before inevitably agreeing with the plan. I like their approach to the core plot by trying to help the kids that were being recruited and his first fight with IF was legitimately hype, but i wouldn't call him 'badass' i'd call him 'boring'

What did Elektra even want in the end? Her fight with Matt made me feel nothing, because there was no clear reason for it to even happen.
It was made abundantly clear that she had regained her memories, and that Hand had no sway over her, then was reason is left? The substance? Did she really need it though, the substance that was already in her veins would probably enable her to live for many years (or not, as the show didn't bother to explain how much life it grants), and if she wanted some more, she could just grab a couple pieces of bone and bolt with Matt, who in turn could have explained to her that the building was rigged to blow, which means that she wouldn't be able to do anything grand with the skeleton at that point.

Why is Daredevil making a white supremacist hand signal?

The main problem are the villains.

So after like five series the hand just wanted to get the Iron Fist to open the door to get more dragon bone juice to keep living forever?

Is that the whole reason for their existence? I thought they were going to reveal that they had a death god master or something.

I thought it was OK. But nothing special.

Yeah, at the beginning I imagined they would destoy New York and suck in all its Chi or something.

that was so kawaii

>Iron Fist he was fine in this show
Iron Fist is in some kind of weird uncanny valley of lameness between Daredevil, who is for all intents and purposes normal but badass because of martial arts and Luke who has cool powers. Iron Fist is not normal badass because of his chi shit, but his power is super lame, all he can do is to punch air once a fight and create a shockwave.

Weaver was super wasted. Also, not that I'm some kind of anti-racist but a White person in charge of sorta-asian mystics? Seriously?

i thougth they wanted to release the beast , this shitshow feelt like shadowland to me

The Netflix shows have finally caught up with the MCU movies: they now have equally shitty and wasted villains.

the 5 fingers were from different places like the black dude who was from africa, i magine wever was greek or something, then they got into kung lun dicover the substance then they got exiled

Is the song Matt plays on the piano the Daredevil Theme but slowed down? because it seems so, but it also sounds like WestWorld's theme tho

>Weaver was super wasted. Also, not that I'm some kind of anti-racist but a White person in charge of sorta-asian mystics? Seriously?

I really hated that part. I get that they were going for this big, global conspiracy.But because they have such a shit budget it just made them look like random thugs from a CW show.

The Hand was a very racially and culturally diverse group.

A white woman
A Chinese woman
A Japanese man
An African man
Whatever the hell Bakuto was

i have so many questions.
why couldnt luke just tank everyone in the hand?
why did they have to make the hand not exclusively japanese? was the hand like this in the comics?
jessica flew to stop the elevator but why was it editted again to be shitty looking?
why do they keep making dannys character whiny and hotheaded?
why did writers force in the priviledged line? he was 10 and lost all access to his money
i feel like netflix shows didnt have a plan for how the crossover was going to happen and had to use 2 eps just to set it up

Bakuto was just Ethnic, he's like Bruno Mars, he's something, I dunno what, but he's something

>why did writers force in the privileged line? he was 10 and lost all access to his money

you know why.

>why did writers force in the priviledged line?
they wanted the swj money and it work they love the scene
>i feel like netflix shows didnt have a plan for how the crossover was going to happen
they had the bases since DD, iknew they were goin for shadowland since nobu wanted to buy the block in NY, i miagine the other shit like elekra nad the dragon bone werent planed before hand

I didn't even know it came out.
Should I even bother watching?
Does Danny get his costume?

no

>Does Danny get his costume?
The show makes it a point to shit on DD for wearing a costume.

>Should I even bother watching?
I liked it, but objectively there's not much good about it.
>Does Danny get his costume?
No.

>why did they have to make the hand not exclusively japanese? was the hand like this in the comics?

Most of The Hand is faceless ninja zombies, and anyone can die. Not to mention they've brainwashed Wolverine and resurrected the Hulk to do their bidding, so it's not like they're above using non-nips.

he KINDA does? at the end he has a Chie hoodie, but no bandanna

>so cool
danny liked DD costume

>im gona figth crime whitout covering my face
for fuck sake danny

Intro was the best, though. But I am a sucker for neon lights.

The show felt slow, quiet, dull. SW was wasted. The biggest thing to come out of all of it was the black cop woman getting her arm chopped off.

The team never really felt like a team, they hardly fought like a team. It was just punching and kicking and Cage getting shot and Danny punching people and Jessica making 'im sick of all this' quips and DD just being mr average and getting made fun of for his powers/costume.

This would've been better as a single movie instead of a mini-series. Spend more time getting getting the team to jive. Use music more. They drop in some hiphop near the end of the series for a fight scene but watching Jessica Jones or Daredevil beat someone up to hiphop didn't mix. Felt out of place. Could've worked if Luke was having a hero moment where he was turning the tide of the fight.

I don't know, it all felt like a miss. Hopefully the Punisher series will be good though.

I was pissed that Wilson Fisk wasn't even mentioned. He should have been the main villain.

he is to good for this shit

Maybe it was his skeleton at the bottom of the shaft. He's a big man. A now his escape plan is complete.

nah, they have the organised everyday crime for Fisk and the supernatural for the hand. I didn't mind keeping Fisk out of it.

The first half of the episode where they retreat into the chinese restaraunt was great

Fuck everything else though

Danny is by far the worst thing about these shows. Has there been ANYTHING he hasnt fucked up? He cant even call himself a living weapon when Matt is shown possessing better fighting skills

The thing with the Netflix shows is that they're always only as good as their villains.

Daredevil S1 was great largely due to Fisk and Wesley.

Jessica Jones was shit until Purple Man turned up. Then it was great.

Daredevil S2 was great when the Punisher was the main focus, then tanked in quality when it was about Elektra and the Hand.

Luke Cage had the opposite problem that JJ had. Cage started out strong with Cottonmouth, but became shit as soon as he died.

Iron Fist had no good villains and was unwatchable as a result.

Defenders was the same. Weaver tried her damndest, but they gave her nothing to work with, so we didn't care about her or the rest of the hand as a result.

We'll see how Frank fares. Jessica Jones S2 has already been forced to bring Purple Man back from the dead because every knows he's the only thing about that show worth caring about.

I think their ultimate plan was to resurrect the ancient dragon underground (Fin Fang Foom) and use it to gain global dominance on a much grander scale than behind the scenes villains. They want to exert their will and were going to use a dragon to do so. This is what I got out of it but I still don't feel like anything was said for certain.

the dragon bones were shao-lao

>supernatural for the hand

That's my point though, they shouldn't have been fighting supernatural villains in the first place. Kingpin is the best possible villain for street level heroes to fight.

I'm getting kinda sick of DD's SPINNING KICKU, I mean, it looks fucking sick as fuck, but he ALWAYS does that shit, it's like that faggot spamming that same combo on Fighting games

they seem to overuse the slo-mo on things that dont need it. Spin jumping got the treatment a few times iirc. Its like they think we want visual flair but Daredevil has always been at its best when it was raw and weighty, copying Oldboy's hallway aesthetic.

pretty sure the bones were neither did you guys miss Gao saying dragons used to roam everywhere? Shao-loa is probably the last one of a species

is he the one that was coming over from south America? Maybe he's some sort of Brazilian

>you are desecrating shao-lao
>you punch him in the heart
shao-lao is the undiying you kill him he somes back that is why we got multiple iron fist

I think I kinda spaced out near then end because it started introducing concepts and plots that should have had at least another two episodes to develop. That's actually my biggest complaint. Eight episodes may make for a tighter season but it definitely lacked in the plot department. What do you think about the season?

>jessica flew to stop the elevator but why was it editted again to be shitty looking?
she jumped to stop the elevator and it was edited that way, because the show didn't have the budget to show that (which was already evident from Jessica's show).

The only thing Netflix-Misty did so far was get constantly shit on.

>They drop in some hiphop near the end of the series for a fight scene but watching Jessica Jones or Daredevil beat someone up to hiphop didn't mix. Felt out of place. Could've worked if Luke was having a hero moment where he was turning the tide of the fight.
The only songs used in Defenders were ghetto hip-hop. I think that's because they managed to clear them for Luke Cage's show, but didn't use them there. So Defenders's entire soundtrack was basically LC's leftovers.

this

>Has there been ANYTHING he hasnt fucked up?
You're talking about Misty, pal.

Elektra has always been that adrenaline-junkie risk-taking kind of person, and her whole thing overall has been about that life. She's said she only killed the first time to see if she could do it, and she knew how stubborn Matt was in wanting to just leave. At the end, all she cared about was the fight, since escape was basically impossible. For her, "life eternal" was basically spending their last moments fighting, which was when she felt the most alive. Both of them were stubborn until the very end, which is pretty damn on par for their whole relationship.

I'm kinda glad they used the "RESURRECTION" thing comics always do,
having everything be perma-death would leave them out of some good stories

"It takes three hours for Act 1 to end in an 8 hour story!"

Wow, no shit?

>

Hey you know whats great? Hearing Misty go "What the hell is going on?" for the 1000th time

how far would misty tits fall without her bra?

I didn't care much for Jessica Jones, but she feels a lot better in the defenders. Same thing with mister fisty.

^this

i love her interactions whit DD over all im happy all of them got 3 more firends

AND WHEN OUR POWERS COMBINE

man remember wen gingers were a thing?

I kept waiting for the name drop...
I thought they would get corny-dialogue man, Rand to say something like
>MATT TOLD US TO DEFEND HIS CITIES
>SO I GUESS WE'RE THE *DEFENDERS* OF THE CITY

It's a good thing it isn't canon then, imagine how much less people would care if it were

Ain't it funny how Elektra just tells Danny the whole scheme then 2 seconds later he fists the wall anyway?

>Episode 2
>Matt and Jessica tailing eachother
>Scene is actually really cute, and perfectly in character for the both of them
>Matt discovers he's being tailed, so he goes Parkour
>Jessica sees him and pulls out her camera
>HER CAMERA MAKES LOUD KA-CHIK PHOTOGRAPHY NOISES
>Matt is less than a hundred meters away
>HE DOESN'T HEAR A GODDAMN THING
WHAT THE FUCK
HOW
Meanwhile, ten minutes later
>Matt hears silenced pistols going off THIRTY FLOORS ABOVE THEM

What the fuck is going on with this show?

Silenced pistols are still >100 dB. The sound might also carry well through the mine shaft.

No spoilers pls

Is she an OC or does she turn out to be someone?

Just a OC

If you suck for a whole first season I don't really care if it gets better unless it gets WAY better. I've wasted too much of my time on shows that follow the same bullshit plotlines to throw it away on a cash-in spinoff that doesn't even care about putting its best foot forward.

Dare(white)devil

>Weaver was super wasted. Also, not that I'm some kind of anti-racist but a White person in charge of sorta-asian mystics? Seriously?
Seriously, I thought it was fairly well implied that Gao was the leader of the hand. Having Weaver as the super secret leader just felt like an asspull to get a big name in there.

And yet for 90% of the shows they've been in they've been rooted in distinctly asian cultures.

I'm not gonna lie that was a pretty good line.

Remember when tomboys were a thing?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed how well Matt and Jessica played off each other. She's always fed up with bullshit, and he's always dryly humorous so it actually works well.

Yeah at least that was somewhat interesting and could actually keep me entertained, im on episode 4 ands just so goddamn boring

They really should've just used the title theme.