Disney Parks - Hollywood Studios edition

>1 Day Peak Admission /w tax: $120.35
>1 30 year old motion simulator with a miss matched integration of prequel-era and sequel-era scenes and characters
>1 off the shelf steel coaster themed to an irrelevant band
>1 literal Wii game of a ride
>1 incredibly themed drop ride experience
Is this a ripoff?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ipWq8hrGGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not going to be worth it to go until Star Wars Land is completely finished.

Just wait till TSM goes down for a couple weeks to move the entrance.

Even then, it will be Pandora times ten, with six hour lines for the two attractions and the only food option available less than 180 days out is PizzaRizzo.

I wouldn't say ripoff but I don't think people are actually gonna pay to go unless they drop the prices. There is literally like three hours tops worth of things to do in HS right now.

>tfw never had a vacation

>No E-Ticket level, animatronic filled Toy Story adventure ride
>Yet another off the shelf, barely themed steel coaster
>spinners
Will Toy Story and Star Wars Lands make this a full-day park on par with MK and AK? And how do we fix Epcot?

They need to just close this park until all the new lands and rides are ready to be opened.

I still can't believe they closed Great Movie Ride with only a month's notice. That takes balls.

It costs $120 to get into a Disney theme park?

I had just gotten back from Africa a year before the first time I went to the Animal Kingdom. So I didn't do the safari ride because it seemed too fake after the real thing, the Avatar hadn't even come out back then. They didn't have much beyond the dinosaur rides and mission Everest.

That felt like a ripoff but it was still fun.

Does going to a cabin to stay for a weekend before you spread your parent's ashes count as a vacation?

>Basing your entire experience off of rides
My dude, you are missing out on all the shows:
>Frozen,
>Beauty and the Beast,
>Indiana Jones
>Muppetvision
>Voyage of the Little mermaid
>4+ Starwars Shows

Plus cool stuff like the SW launch bay and One Man's Dream.

This is all including the new Toy Story and Star Wars stuff that is coming.

Add in some pretty grade A restraunts and the aforementioned rides, and its pretty fun

I heard going on rides sucks balls now because everyone holds up some giant tablet to record things and it completely obscures the view. I'm surprised Disney doesn't enforce a no view obstructions rule.

This is not co related fuck off.

>I don't like this thread
>posts in it
Disney Parks, specifically this park which used to house an Animation Studio, have inseparable connective tissue in any discussion with the Walt Disney Studio animation and Pixar. /trv/ is a drug-seeking hookup board and Sup Forums hates this shit.

The Disney park experience was too intertwined with selling Kodak film and the joy of recording and sharing the experience as a great example of early viral marketing to enforce any kind of recording ban (other than bright video lighting)

With tax during peak seasons (Christmas, Easter)

I'll be going to WDW in November, three parks. Still I don't even want to go to Animal Kingdom, I feel they still need to improve, and that may be happening since they're getting rid of pic related. If I wanted to see animals there's the Lowery Park Zoo or Busch Gardens, both of which are directly East and South of me. Also Busch Gardens actually has a bunch of rides, maybe not with that Disney magic but they both have their own river rapid ride. OK, which river rapid ride is better, Kali (AK) or Congo (BG)?

Tower of Terror and Aerosmith are the best rides at Disney and Fantasmic, the Toy Story stuff, and the Muppets are all pretty neat too. Also
>Not being able to find discounted tickets
>Going during a peak time
I think you might be slightly retarded OP

Compare that to the average cost of an NFL ticket, where a game lasts about three hours.

>Magic Kingdom getting the Tron ride

I laughed so hard, do they hate Epcot? MK continues to be the GOAT park

Test Track is already essentially a Tron ride. Plus, Epcot gets the Guardians!

I'm interested in the Guardians ride because the Ellen building didn't have many screens. Star Wars one will be better though because it apparently is a full on dark ride with tons of animatronics and TLJ designs

Should Mission Space use VR? Also did they change the monitors in the ride to HD, or has it always been?

Muppetvision and Indiana Jones are the only shows on that list that are good. (And you forgot Fantasmic)

Frozen is just watching clips from the movie while singing songs that you got annoyed with hearing over and over years ago.

Beauty and the Beast doesn't really tell the story of the movie and just keeps jumping around the song numbers which was lackluster.

Don't get me started on Little Mermaid. That would desperately need to go if most of the park weren't shut down already.

I am salty as fuck about the once real animation studio being turned into a Star Wars cash in. They had better change that back once Star Wars Land opens. There's like five buildings in the park that had nothing in them. Why the animation building? Also, not everyone likes Star Wars. Don't devote half the park to it.

One Man's Dream is cool for big Disney fans but I'm not sure if the average person or child would care about it. Didn't they start replacing the documentary at the end with a trailer for whatever the newest movie is?

Sometimes, but two weeks ago it was the Julie Andrews narrated life of Walt.
youtube.com/watch?v=3ipWq8hrGGg

>not going to just going to Disneyland or California adventure
You played yourself

>Doesn't like the East Coast Parks

>I still can't believe they closed Great Movie Ride with only a month's notice.
To be fair, there were rumors for a few months before it was official announced and everyone just blew it off as nothing since "TCM just became a new sponsor! Disney wouldn't close a ride with a new sponsor!".

Bullshit.

I know you can meet Vader, Boba, Ren and Chewie

But can you meet Luke? Or is he only around at specific times

The Star Wars Shows are just a cosplay fashion walk, The Silver Girl Nazi march, a Clipshow and Jedi Training for small children.

That's not all that impressive.

Additionally, Mermaid and Beast are dated as fuck. Frozen's a bland singalong. Indiana Jones is also pretty dated for being exclusively Raiders, but it's still got some spectacle value.

The only really great thing on your greentext list is MuppetVision.

So what does Sup Forums think of the "Indiana Jones Land for Animal Kingdom" rumors?
>Disney was testing the waters to see if Pandora would get people to come back to AK.
>Pandora worked, so now they're going forward with another IP-themed land to (possibly) replace Dino-Land.
>Rumor is that a updated version of Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure would replace the Dinosaur ride since they use the same ride system.

I wouldn't be sad about the area being gone because I remember being a child and being like "oh yeah dinosaurs!" And then the area was minimal shit unlike the JP area in Island of Adventure which had a lot of cool themeing. I would be sad about the ride though

Christ amighty the last time I went the parks were 50-75.

I'd be down for an "Indiana Jones and the Lost World" setup, but I'd much rather have something original in Dinoland that could recycle Energy's dinosaurs replacing Dinorama

I don't recall this being a problem for me last time I went in 2015 and a lot of the rides/shows had a rule for photography/recording with the obvious exception being the safari in animal kingdom, which was admittedly pretty annoying.

Dino Land is pretty shit so I wouldn't be surprised if this comes to pass.

>Additionally, Mermaid and Beast are dated as fuck.
Ok, what would you put in the Little Mermaid theater if you were to get rid of it? New show? A ride?

Yeah, it goes up about 3 to 5 bucks yearly. Welcome to the Mickey Mouse Jew House

I hear the track layout for Dinosaurs is the same as the Indiana Jones ride, too.

I don't think it's exactly the same. I think Dinosaur is longer than Indy.

>1 off the shelf steel coaster themed to an irrelevant band
Going in September and I'm pretty excited about going on the ride for the theming. I fucking hate the band and rollercoasters but it's just a cool experience. Only coaster with an inversion I can brave

So heartbroken about movie ride though I would've paid the extra cash to go in August and delt with the longer lines to go on it one last time

Do you think Disney will ever branch out into crematoriums?

They can offer services hosted by Chernabog, Hades, or Frollo. The last one could even be set to "Hellfire" just for kicks.

Am I the only one who thinks Na Vi river voyage is shit?

Inside Out dark ride.

No. While the Shaman figure is cool, it's not cool enough to make up for how overreliant the ride is on screens

Dinosaur Americana's a fine theme for a land, the problem is the carnival execution of the Dinorama half sucks balls and is a terrible way of covering Dinosaur Roadside Attractions.

Well it's pretty common between both parks. Like Haunted Mansion or Pirates aren't exactly the same from their counterparts, but you get the same experience.

Same layout, but Dinosaur isn't as open as Indiana Jones is. You'd have to tear down a bunch of walls if you wanted to replicate that big "Central Temple Chamber"

Put the Disney Junior show in there and use that building for a larger show/attraction.

>name a better DHS restaurant that's a total panty moistener than the Brown Derby
Protip: you can't

Most people don't go to Disney for a single day.

Fact: The number one selling ticket is a one-day no park hopper to Magic Kingdom, and 60% of Magic Kingdom guests are there for their first time.

>not everyone likes Star Wars

But most people do. I'm done with Star Wars too, but we're also on a board that's known for being full of contrarian assholes.

>names characters that wear masks so that you can just throw any asshole in the costume
>asks if you can meet Luke

What do you think

Well fuck me

It'd be a bummer to get rid of the Dinosaur ride. I think that's a really well done dark ride but the land itself is not great.

There's nothing better than spending the morning in Epcot, taking the boat from the International Gateway to the Boardwalk for lunch, and then going to Hollywood Studios at night.

What're some must do things for Paris?

It's called "Animal Kingdom", not "Jungle Adventure Kingdom".

>sci fi drive in
>actual lightning
nice photoshop

I swear this reminds me of a Fry's Electronics in my area...

You think Bob Chapek cares?

Know that everyone in executive leadership hates majority shareholder Ike Perlmutter

Chapek doesn't. In fact, apparently Ike was partly behind him ending up at Parks and Resorts.

Shoehorning Marvel into the parks as cheaply and quickly as possible is what he's done in gratitude.

Gotta keep opportunity costs in mind. If you're a big fan of a sports team, it can be worth it to see a game live. With Disney though you're choosing not to visit one of the three other better parks that day.

Better yet since Epcot is getting the GotG ride WDW doesn't have to lose their Tower of Terror!

Okay, here is the deal.

Every few years Disney ups the prices of ticket sales by about 10 dollars to offset economic inflation. That is the excuse, but if you looked at it they do a lot more than offset it. Ideal inflation would be about 3% max every time they deal about a 10% increase.

I've spoken about this at shareholders' meetings but usually the peanut gallery is full of crazies and Far-right lobbyists (also crazy). These annual meetings are in various cities and are usually there to show what things the company is expecting will do well for the next 4 fiscal quarters, although sometimes you do get heartwarming moments like little girls with aspirations for animation and getting tours and such.

Oh, and the Chinese. They have a few of them at the front row with cameras and translators who relay information to their bosses.

Anyway, the artificial inflation of ticket sales are definitely a rip, especially if you only buy a one-time pass. The best thing to do is often get either a park-hopper pass which allows you to visit whatever at your own pace, or an annual pass if you plan on visiting the parks more than once a year.

And MGM has been one of the lesser parks for quite a while. Even EPCOT surpasses them back in the 90's.

>Toy Story Land
>No visible Pizza Planet

it's shite

THEIR GETTING RID OF DINO LAND???

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Doesn't fuckin' Dinosaur replace the boulder with a giant, inexplicable T-Rex head rolling towards you?

Yes, because when I think Disney World, I think carnival rides from a state fair.

Former CP. Did custodial, watercraft, park greeting, and for a brief time, housekeeping. AMA.

>Far-right lobbyists (also crazy)

You would rather have a bunch of ANTIFA fags running around the park and punching mascots?

>Awesome 50s aesthetic
>Fun roleplaying with waiters
>Best food that is not overpriced

Lobbiest means having money and using it to manipulate companies or governments.

Money.

Big difference.

Okay, but what are political lobbyists doing in the back of a Disney shareholders meeting? And what are they lobbying for?

Basically they pose as watchdog groups and complain about how liberal Disney is being and the groups they do business with.

If you know Disney, talking about how anti-business they are is probably one of the most batshit statements you will ever hear.

Replacing Dinorama at the very least has been on the to-do list for some time.

Some rumors have been indicating something involving the reuse of the Universe of Energy's dinosaurs, and other rumors have been involved as it going down as part of this Indiana Jones redo.

>Tower of Terror and Aerosmith are the best rides at Disney
No, but they are pretty awesome.
The most surprising thing was when some guys rolled out neat the Fantasmic stage and put on a little show that was like, half Three Stooges, half Marx Bros.

>People go to any disney park during peak times
>Complain about inflated prices/Over crowding

you idiots dig your own grave if you do this.

never go to any DP during:
-Christmas/New years/Winter break
-Spring break
-Graduation season
-"Summer Break" aka May,June,July,1st 3 weeks of august
-Brazillian tourist season
-Halloween week

also disney starts alot of thier holiday stuff early halloween activites start for most parts the last 2 weeks of september. Haunted mansion holliday runs from september through december.

Christmas stuff goes up immeadiatly in early november like a week or 2 before thanksgiving.

also apparently british tourists get huge discounts, i remember from a british user from a previous thread.

I'd like to see it tried once, just to see what the park pulls out of their playbook.

God what I wouldn't give to go on a tour of all the logistical stuff in Magic Kingdom.

So, March is about the only safe time?

>Halloween week
I did the 25th through the 31st last year and it was fine though I didn't try to go to magic kingdom on halloween. I imagine that might be a little retarded.

-Febuary i think might be a slow time? (can any former casties confirm)
-April is fine
-September is good
-Early november is good

This shit is why I don't like birthday trips to DL. It always lands in the period where everything starts closing down for the Halloween updates.

ive heard alot of people go to disney halloween day to do a trick or treating event

>When to Disneyland for the first time this year
>Thought "I waited for two hours in line for this" was just a joke
>There fucking hour long lines for the food stands

Seems like there might be a surge for Valentine's Day.

Fast Pass, motherfucker.
Get a ticket to go back in about an hour and run right past the plebs.

Didn't know there were fast passes for the food lines

I've been to Tokyo Disney twice, and will be going again this autumn. The after dark passes+single rider lanes are sweet.

That said, both parks seem empty and... soulless. They don't have the "magic" of WDW. And the merc is somehow shittier than you'd expect. Anyone else agree? What are they doing wrong?

events tiers

God:
Food & Wine festival, Not so scary halloween, Very merry christmas

High:
Any of the marathons, Club villian

Mid: Star wars Weekends, Flower and garden festival, gay days

Low: Superbowl parade/celebration.

DisneySEA is park kino you fool.

That being said, you are right about the merch being mostly crap. Tower of Terror and Country Bears have some good stuff though.

>Superbowl parade
I didn't even know this was a thing but that can only be shitty.

How long can they possibly delay Drumpf in HoP?

>ywn see a bunch of SWAT troops and Disney paramilitary forces in mouse ears fight a gang of commies

What's the craziest thing you found while cleaning/housekeeping?

The 9/11 Evac was handled pretty well, all things considered.
>over the rarely used public address system in the theme parks
>"Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Magic Kingdom is now closed. Please follow the direction of the nearest Cast Member.”
>About 5 - 10 minutes after they notified cast members of what we were going to do
>First we shut down all the attractions and restaurants and merchandise shops to get the guests out in the street
>We were strictly forbidden from telling them the real reason that we had decided to close the park which caused some confusion and maybe even some irate guests at times.
>It avoided quite effectively the cause for panic from our guests