Ducktales Reboot Full First Episodes

for those that haven't seen it yet

youtube.com/watch?v=gP0Neif7Y4E&t=1089s

thoughts?

I'm a pilot

They must have really hated the old version of Webby if they impaled a doll of it to the wall

but she was cute.

>US only

FUCK YOU

I hardly even remember old Webby having a personality.

Watch it on kimcartoon

I liked the little nods in the background and am looking forward to the series proper

...so this is what happened to old Beakley.

that's not Webbt per se, it's the doll she always had in theold series.

The message is still "fuck old Webby"

But that's a turkey, not a duck.

It's as much an uncle to them as a bear is your uncle.

was old ducktales good? can't remember a thing about it. like all those Disney afternoon shows.

I liked it

It was decent, but nothing really worth watching again. The theme song is the most memorable thing about it.

never watched the original ducktales, so wasn't really hyped for it at all. then the reboot showed up in my youtube recommendations yesterday and i absolutely fell in love. easily one of the best modern cartoons i've seen in a long time.

But...when the ratings?

I've seen some similarities between this and GF but honestly it made me love it more

bretty good/10

when does the next episode come out?

The first season was what most people remember. And rightfully so it was great, but the seasons after weren't as good.

September because Disney can't into TV scheduling. Apparently Gravity Falls took two years to air one season or something.

It's her Quacky Patch Doll. This version got the same doll, but instead used it for target practice.

Fuck them. Webby was cute in the original and saved the day a few times. If they're mad at her crying or being childish, it's because she was younger than the triplets.

Also I hate this new trend of demonizing girls for being girly.

Walt Disney had a very solid rule for his cast of animal characters. That they were essentially very much human above all else except their design. So that's why Mickey did not eat cheese for example like a rodent. Or Donald is capable of eating poultry meat.

And ultimately, it explains why Minnie Mouse's pet is a feral CAT.

read

But Mabel, the character everyone compares Webby to, is about as girly as you can possibly get.

I know it's her doll. My statement still stands.

Do little girls on the verge of becoming preteens themselves even want to act as girly like in old cartoons anymore in this era?

mice don't actually eat cheese. it's not good for them.

Mice eat cheese. They'll eat something else if it's available, but they'll eat almost anything that's available. The stereotype comes from cheese being something that's stored for a long time, so mice would generally get to it sooner or later if it wasn't properly stored.

It's more that she's modernized. She can't lie to her grandma and has a much more demure attitude to being overprotected than the triplets. She's less girly than before but still a sperging preteen which is believable as a girl.

>tfw when you just wanted to joke about ducks being cannibalistic in nature

Yea but wasn't she like 5-6 in the show? What kind of personality outside of little kid would she have?

Wasn't she always about the same age as the triplets? Aren't they supposed to be 8-10 years old in the original?

No, Webby was younger.

That's actually Quacky Patch from the old series but as an oldfag almost everyone hated Webby. Not really in a Scrappy Doo or Wesley Crusher way though, maybe hated is even too strong a word, but just seeing her character as a waste of space and cloying. New Webby is a big improvement. Actually I would say the nephews weren't that beloved outside of muh nostalgia in the old series as they had no personalities. As long the the series avoids the "totally radical, dude!" shit of Quack Pack they will probably be an improvement, too.

Webby is more like Dipper than Mabel.

For those who say Webby isn't Mabel 2.0, what about the grappling hook? Explain this! Defend this!

Next episode when?

September 23.

She is girly though?

Weird gag that they did probably steal, but despite being in all of the marketing Mabel literally only used it like twice.

Mabel also used it as one of her main skills in the 3DS game.

Thanks!

You've seen the new Webby, right? She's still cute, she's just not a toddler anymore.

I was a kid during the run of the original series and Webby was the worst shit. I'm glad they revamped her.

This guy gets it.

Right on the money there, right down to the big obsessive conspiracy board and being socially awkward as hell.

It's a cool toy? Darkwing Duck and Batman also have grappling hooks, does that mean that Mabel is a Batman reference?

Will she appear boys?

I love that he's related to most of those characters in that pic. Does Donald have any blood relation to Dickie, though?

You know wtf is up with that? If you air the pilot then you should air the series like a two weeks after. Not an entire month after.

>We've reached the point that people are nostalgic of Webby
>People getting nostalgic over the original "WHY ARE YOU FORCING IN A GIRL CHARACTER REEEEEE" that nobody wanted
New Webby is good (for now). She actually has jokes and contributes to shit.
Original triplets were shit as well.

Webby & The Triplets all had same voice actress. They all had one personality. Webby was just a younger female version of the triplets.

Depends on how much stock you put in the "Dickie is Scrooge's granddaughter" deal, since she's Goldie O'Gilt's granddaughter.

She does call Scrooge grandpa and the triplets cousins howewer...

Well duh obviously Mabel was a Darkwing Duck ripoff since Darkwing Duck had a signature grapping hook. Webby is just another Darkwing ripoff.

Webby as a sheltered, over-imaginative doofus is a 110% improvement over just being "the girl".

Myself, I'm more leery of the Namekian fusion of Duckworth and Mrs. Beakley we've got now, but I like her so far

OP here, this thread is an amazing success

Not gonna lie I miss the triplets old personality.
I say personality singular because they only had one personality, and that worked because it was spread across three bodies. Their feats were fun and more believable because they had some spontaneous in-sync teamwork.

I'm also worried that instead of episodes focusing on adventures and mystery we're going to have the plot bogged down with developing the triplet of the episode like with Dewy in Atlantis. Heavy handed unfunny sequences where they act like an autist because their feelings are hurt while the rest of the cast and plot take the backseat.

unrelated but does Dewy's voiceactor also voice Randy Cunningham? I swear it's him.

KEK

Yup Ben Schwartz.

One day Scarpa will gets the same respect of Barks and Rosa.

Scarpa is straight up a more important duck comic creator than Rosa. You can argue about quality if you want, but Scarpa is second only to Barks in shaping duck comics for the creators that came after them. Some purists might not like him but you can't deny the man's influence.

For what it's worth, Barks was a fan of his stuff and even drew "fanart" of Brigitta McBridge(who was his favorite Scarpa original)

Forgot the image.

It's kinda hilarious how Brigitta is probably the most hated Scarpa character for alot of purists, since she throws a wrench into the Scrooge and Goldie ship.

>Darkwing Duck had a signature grapping hook

He had a gas gun that sometimes had a grappling hook attachment.

>And ultimately, it explains why Minnie Mouse's pet is a feral CAT.
Isn't her cat the same one that Gepetto had from Pinocchio?

remake of the scene? story?

So does anyone else get major Gravity Falls vibes, and I'm not talking about Wendy and Mabel. I'm talking about how Scrooge serves as a counterpart to Stan and Donald and Della both serve as counterparts for Ford, with Della being Ford before he came back as a loved one who was accidentally taken from them and Donald as Ford when he was part of the cast with his unsteady relationship to someone he used to be a lot closer to, the Stan counterpart, due to a past incident.

Also, would it be wrong to compare Launchpad with Soos as the funny guy who probably has more in common with the kids than the adults?

Relationship wise, feels more like Scrooge is cool uncle Stanford, and Donald's the skeptic uncle Stanley who wants to keep the kids out of trouble.

He never will. His stories are fun and creative but the man was completely incapable of NOT making useless OCs that fill no purpose.

Brigitta MacBridge is a unique (and okay) character but that's where the list ends.
The rest are pointless fluff that fill holes that are already filled (Kildare Coot) or have no need to be filled (Scrooge's journalist brother, Glittering Goldie's granddaughter?????).

Romano Scarpa lived in a bubble and thus his works don't fit into any other canon.

San Valentino a Paperopoli: Doretta vs Brigitta, published in Topolino 3194.

It actually has them quarrel a bit at first.

Remember the episode when they went inside Stanley's mind and Dipper overheard Stan say something that he thought was hurtful and he acted really disillusioned afterwards?
I got those exact vibes when Dewey overheard Scrooge say that family doesn't mean anything, now to me Dewey is a direct parallel to Dipper and I can't see it any other way

Don't the shows share some staff?

>The uploader has not made this video available in your country

I think the difference is that Dipper left before he heard say Stan the full thing, which actually turned what he said into something positive, while Scrooge really did finish what he meant.

Though thinking about it, they did do that thing in the original Ducktales premiere of having Scrooge say something hurtful, having the kids leave, and then it turns out he was actually making a positive statement about the kids being like he was.

I don't know. Disney execs probably greenlit the series because it has similarities to Gravity Falls,. but most of what you describe is already present in how the characters were perceived, be it from the old show alone of their (Scrooge and Donand in particular) appearances in another cartoons and comics.

Is there a name for this trope? Because I love it.
But either way, although Scrooge did mean what he said, the effect the thing had on them and the resolution is fairly identical, but I'm not mad because of it, I actually like it.

>Is there a name for this trope? Because I love it.
I believe it's grouped under Exact Eavesdropping. It covers any moment where someone overhears someone else that's plot important, like overhearing evil plans or what another character thinks of them, and in some variations like what Gravity Falls did having the character only overhear enough to get the wrong idea and moving the plot in a certain way.

Mabel is a thot. That's not being girly that's just being thirsty. Like, really. it was pretty much her entire character other than liking waddles and making shit jokes

>Romano Scarpa lived in a bubble and thus his works don't fit into any other canon.
There is no proper canon in in the Duckverse, only some general traditions.

>Brigitta MacBridge is a unique (and okay) character but that's where the list ends.
Conveniently leaving out Jubal Pomp, are we?

>The rest are pointless fluff that fill holes that are already filled (Kildare Coot)
Fethry was only published two months before Kildare Coot. So, without the hindsight knowledge of how big Fethry would become, how exactly was he "filling a hole that was already filled" when there was no established "crazy cousin" character?

>have no need to be filled
>Glittering Goldie's granddaughter?????)
A character filling a hole that existed- a teenage character.

>Romano Scarpa lived in a bubble and thus his works don't fit into any other canon.
According to Rosa's "Canon" Scrooge dies in 1968. That alone clashes with more Duck stories than anything Scarpa created.

Scarpa shaped european Duck comics far more than any other duck comic creator outside Barks. I don't see why people try to tear Scarpa down to make their own favorites look better.

It was a pretty common gun feature he used a lot. More than Mabel used her grappling hook.

It's looking like they're gonna at least try to differentiate the nephews, if the first episode is of any indication. Hope they do well with that.

Still, I'm gonna miss 'unca Donald'

Was Mallard a cuck for raising another man's daughter?

Thank you statistical probablility!

>GF and DW fans had such a heated fight over who should be in Disney Infinity some of them resorted to making bots and cheat the polls
>tfw In the end it didn't even matter because Disney Infinity was seen as a failure and was quickly abandoned right after

I love it
hate scrooge's voice, but am loving to appreciating everything else

Next episode when?

pottery

september

The character is different. I think this device is the closest gun-like thing cartoons can have.

>cuck

That's not how adoption works, Sup Forums. Her entire family was dead including a Grandpa who was murdered in cold blood. Maybe if the series continued someday Morgana would have given Gosalyn some brothers and sisters though.

His voice is one of the good ones. The boys sound too adult.

I don't get that logic. Why is the guy who adopt a kid the cuck and not the guy who lost it.

Sure got a lot of fan art out of the shitshow, though. I can't find most of it anymore but the fight spawned dozens and dozens of pictures some really good I remember. It was hilarious how little all of the fan rage meant in the end, though, since they fucked us all over.

because he gets the bad (kid) while the others get the good (sex)

What is wrong with Scrooge's voice? If it's the accent, keep in mind that Young used an exaggerated accent, while Tenant is an actual accent.

No, she wasn't his girlfriend's kid and her birth parents are dead, not deadbeats.

>A cuckold is the husband of an adulterous wife. In evolutionary biology, the term is also applied to males who are unwittingly investing parental effort in offspring that are not genetically their own.
>investing parental effort in offspring that are not genetically their own
Mallard is investing all his ressources into a child that is not his own, allowing her bloodline to survive and prosper while dooming his own. He is a cuckold.

>raising another man's offspring
Sounds like a cuck to me.

Not going to get into it much because it's off topic but non STEM dumbasses who read a clickbait article but don't understand how genetics and evolution works see whoever produces the most genetic offspring no matter how (sperm donation?) as "winners" as if there's an objective value to it and think that anyone who is not their direct genetic child should be made to die/you should never give a fuck about them. That's some sort of "meaning" to life in their fairy tale imaginations for some reason. Ignoring that if evolution was so simplistic anyway we would not have for example bees or similar animals.