All white cast

>All white cast
>3 Hot blond men

Was there an outrage for this how big was it?

What are you talking about. One of them obviously green.

Spider Gwen wasn't in it, so no.

/thread

Who should we replace to make it more progressive?

Hawkeye? Bow and arrows are really lame now

Nick fury doesn't count as a avenger?

No
He is head of shield

There was no real outrage for Avengers. Most of the characters had already had well-received movies (Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor) so it wasn't like the team was "new" or a surprise. It also appealed to the sort of humor that general audiences like, and hot guys often get a free pass from volatile keyboard warriors unless they say something that challenges their beliefs.
A few people did complain but it seemed more like contrarianism than anything legitimate and they gained no real traction.

Avengers 2 (Ultron) did have some outrage, because of a specific scene that left twitter feminists frothing at the mouth.

Which scene?

Natasha's talk with Bruce. In the same talk she reveals she was sterilised, she calls herself a monster. People inferred that to mean women who don't pump out babies are evil despite there being a logical reason for her calling herself that - she's an assassin.
Anyway it blew up and the director Joss Whedon got a lot of harassment. He abandoned twitter for a while, although he claimed it was unrelated.

All the verdoes look the same to me.

HOLY FUCK LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HULKS NIPPLES
LOOK AT HOW FUCKING BIG HIS NIPS ARE

Adn the chick is fucking RED

Cultural appropriation of Native American culture!!!

He abandoned twitter to fuck chicks behind his wife's back

Wasn't Black Panther in it too?

this was the first wave and Avengers by default

Disney and Wheadon Fucked up the comp so badly Hawkeye and Blacked Widow are fucking usless
every piece of the puzzle is there for the taking and they didnt deliver

Hulk is just to fill extra space

Cap = Supes
Tony = Bat
Thor = Aqua
Wanda = Wondy
Quick = Flash
Vision = Martian
Carol, Nova, Quasar = GL
any one of those can fill in the gap for Gl even Spectrum the black Captain Marvel for extra diversity points

does it make your dick hard?

Thor looks hot in that tho

The Avengers aren't the Justice League and they're at they worst when some hack writer tries to jam that square peg into a round hole.

I want the justice league to ram their pegs into the avengers holes

Nothing is being jamed its already there.

They picked the wrong roster to start with

Seth McFarlen did that. He was like
"Us 6 white people must save the world"
-The Avengers or the KKK?

>Hawkeye and Blacked Widow are fucking usless
I hate this meme

The Avengers are so fucking lame, X-Men side of marvel > these shit bags

Especially now with thanos

they are shitty useless characters.

everytime i see this I see someone who fundamentally does not get the Avengers.

The Avengers are not the Marvel analogue of the Justice League. The Avengers is to a team book what Spidey or Iron Man or Hulk were to solo books compared to DC, character-driven stories not event-driven. Human stories, not stories of gods. DC does the exploits of Zeus and his pantheon, Marvel does stories of Odysseus and Achilles and Perseus.

The Avengers are always their most boring when they start to slip into JLA-parody, and the most interesting when they're a ragtag bunch of C-listers who manage to come together and save the day.

(also, your equivalency lineup is simply awful, and maybe how poorly that shoehorning works points to how bad you idea is. thor equates to aquaman? honestly, pull your head out of your ass, your mindset here is entirely off)

There's a girl version of hawkeye now. Also replace black widow with captain marvel (carol) so they have a woman with superpowers. Also put Chulk in there. And Whor.

>Human stories, not stories of gods
What about Thor?

I miss Disney Infinity...

Natasha's a Slav, isn't she? Thor isn't quite human, and while it's a little Sup Forums Cap is apparently Irish. Like, his parents were hot off the boat.

As even Norse mythology will point out: thor, cool as he is, is kind of prone to flaws. Namely pride.

Though mythologically, Odin has a bit of the same problem with his paranoia and belief he can change fate.

>Ragtag C-listers who manage to come together and save the day

So, perhaps the 'core avengers' should only operate in mostly solo and maybe duo runs where they're coordinating and leading the Avengers from the background (or off fighting some bigger threat) while a (still pretty damn big) threat keeps knocking on earth's door leaving the C-listers to save the day?

I don't remember any for Iron Man (although the title is certainly problematic), but Captain America and Thor movies were both called out for idealizing "blond hair and blue eyes"

Fortunately Marvel/Disney know all the right (((people))) to keep violent protests to a minimum

Thor is indeed an outlyer and the exception that proves the rule. Stan admitted that Thor was created to be the singular larger-than-life DC-esque character in his world of creepy teenaged spider vigilantes and war profiteers seeking redemption and nuclear-era frankenstein's monsters.

But even then Thor was literally brought down to earth by being chained to a human form in Donald Blake, a crippled human at that. More Prometheus and less Zeus. It wasn't until the, what, mid-90s that the Blake trappings started to be stripped away and Thor was allowed to be a true god among men.

Its the same on the DC side when you have a book like Birds of Prey that is more Marvel-esque in scale and style, but it still exists in a universe that mostly focuses on the pantheon. Thor in Marvel is the one god hanging out with the Argonauts.

>Its the same on the DC

*It's the same on the DC

In the internet age we can find small number of people who complain about anything. A billion souls online, I'd be surprised if I *didn't* find some fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of people who believe in the Hollow Earth theory.

It used to be these kooks' voices didn't get very far,, holding up their "the end is nigh" signs on a street corner. Now, social media gives everyone a voice and that voice is all too often insane.

It doesnt help that modern journalism is less about relevancy and more about clickbait. Someone said that popular movie X did bad thing Y? Post a story on it, nevermind its a fringe opinion held by a single person on the planet, no that opinion gets elevated for no other reason to churn the outrage machine.

I'm not being hyperbolic here, I'm truly worried that social media is a society-killer. Us monkeys do not understand scales of billions, we can't operate in tribes much larger than 150 other monkeys, we're designed to accept that a single voice saying something can't be much less than 1% of an opinion, thats low but not immediately dismissible the way a 0.00001% opinion is. We must give the craziest of ideas some of our attention and its going to tear society apart.

>Marvel-esque

Since when did they have monopoloy
Marvel is a hack low version of DC

This

Who said that?
Jews?

>Was there an outrage for this how big was it?- 38 posts and 2 image replies shown.
Zero.

However Whedon himself said he wanted more women and diversity for the sequel. Thats why Dr. Cho matters so much. Thats why Scarlet Witch is in. That's why War Machine and Falcon "join" the Avengers at the end.

Are there any actual asian or latino heroes of note the MCU could use?

>As even Norse mythology will point out: thor, cool as he is, is kind of prone to flaws. Namely pride.
You really think everyone in the DC are morally perfect?

There was no outrage because Disney Infinity is shit and no one but little kids care about it