Is Redline the last great traditionally animated film humankind will ever produce?

Is Redline the last great traditionally animated film humankind will ever produce?

Other urls found in this thread:

arahij.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/redline_pilot.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

But it'll always be one of my favourites.

They didn't stop making 2D movies after Redline.

Not all 2D animation is traditionally animated.

There's hardly any 2D animation made in Japan that isn't hand-drawn.

What do you even mean by this? 2d animation that uses tweening is in the minority.

name 5 animated movies or tv shows from this decade that don't use tweening other than ghibli.

Redline is fucking beautiful.

Your Name came out not too long ago.

the color palette is second to none

Tweening is not used in Japan, and most animation is still drawn on paper.

then it shouldn't be hard to name 5 then, right?

No, it wouldn't be. Seeing as how tweening is not used. Do you even understand what you are talking about?

>No, it wouldn't be.
then do it
>Do you even understand what you are talking about?
do you?

Your demand is absurdly idiotic and betrays an astounding lack of knowledge about anime, and I have no need to name five of anything by virtue of the fact that I already said that tweening isn't used in Japan.

Aku no Hana, Wolf Children, Boy and the Beast, Mob Psycho 100, Little Witch Academia

My favorite.
The story isn't that much but the animation and the fucking soundtrack + the beautiful ending made it 10/10 for me

>tweening is inherently bad
You are the reason we never got more than 2 seasons of Wander.
Also just in the west,all the 'rubber hose/noodle arms' cartoons cannot be done with tweening, so SU, OK KO, Star vs, Adventure Time, Regular Show, all are hand drawn.

Why do retards on Sup Forums think that every cartoon is tweened in flash or some shit like that? Cartoons with negative budget like AS shows or Canadian shovelware are, but pretty much everything else is done traditionally. Like holy shit I actually Sup Forums is the board that is the least knowledgeable about their board subject, it's like if people on Sup Forums thought that console games were produced on the actual console itself.

>Aku no Hana
>rotoscoping
nigga please

Even the animated pilot is a masterpiece:

arahij.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/redline_pilot.mp4

I fucking love this movie. It's definitely one of my favourite animated movies of all time. It exists solely for the sake of art.

I saw a moron on Sup Forums assert that games are made on standard PCs which is why PC master race is a thing.

It's like if Mike Mignola, Jack Kirby and Dastardly Races had a baby. I love it.

it doesn't matter how old i get, i'm still drawn into watching it, it's so good

People saying ridiculous shit like that is much more common on Sup Forums.

It's such a travesty that it's been over 10 years since Yoshiaki Kawajiri's last film, Highlander: The Search for Vengeance, so it's very refreshing that Takeshi Koike, Kawajiri's protege, is carrying on the spirit of Kawajiri's work. If you're unfamiliar, Kawajiri directed Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Wicked City, among other things. I really love his entire body of work but I won't claim that all of his films are perfect, narrative-wise, that it. However, I firmly believe he's the greatest visual anime director in the history of animation.

>x is super popular
>ok, give a few examples of x
>I already said it was popular.

wow man what a compelling argument. I don't have a clue what tweening is but it's pretty clear you don't have any examples.

No but it's super good.

Also

>"name 5 people who have two arms"
>"that's almost everybody"
>"hah you didn't name any so you must be lying"

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

Dunno but it was an awesome movie and I wish we could get a bit more. Yeah the story wasn't much, but the world building was fun.

except you could just name any 5 people then. like if it's so common then just do it and end the argument.