Are you ready to pay $200/month for 20mbps internet speed while you actually get 10mbps?

Are you ready to pay $200/month for 20mbps internet speed while you actually get 10mbps?
Are you ready to have monthly data caps?
Are you excited to be forced to pay for cable TV if you want internet?
Are you ready to have your bandwidth throttled?
Are you excited about fast/slow lanes on the internet?

This raises one major question: when is google fiber coming to your city?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/10/google-fiber-pause-staff-cuts-craig-barratt-step-aside-1201843380/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Meanwhile in reality:
>Already have TWC
>Pay for 20mbps
>They give me closer to 30mbps
>Hundreds of TV channels included.
>Gave me equipment for free as long as I return it later.

Its nice living in an area with some competition. The ones competing aren't at&t either.

>tfw I have google fiber so this doesn't affect me

I don't have ethier, tmobile nigger

Leafland is worse.

Glad TWC was bought out here by Spectrum

No one tell op that they are buying time warners media company

Are they really letting this happen?

Sup Forums will literally defend monopolies then blame you for not moving out of your state or entire geographic region just o change Internet service providers

Why wouldn't they?
Who cares if AT&T wants to by some shitty cable companies?

All your searches go straight through the NSA though.

>monopolies

Time Warner is the second biggest isp next to comcast

>Are you ready to pay $200/month for 20mbps internet speed while you actually get 10mbps?
No, because I live in Kansas City.

I don't pay for wifi this does not affect me.

i dont have ether of these so whatever

>Implying they arent already going through the NSA no matter what you do

Comcast has a monopoly over the entire Midwest

>neglecting price

eh, you guys wanna do another revolt on these bastards?

This has nothing to do with WiFi, it's the Internet in general

there is no such thing as time warner cable anymore

time warner is now Spectrum.

this has nothing to do with cable internet.

It's still called time Warner cable

Never, because Google fiber has been canceled, and they're focusing on wireless now.

Time Warner media does not own any isps dipshit
Stop getting your news from reddit
in what?

I'm capped at 60GB a month.

Average speed I get is usually 7mbps

One month I uploaded a lot of files, this of course took a huge chunk out of my cap, I did not realize that.

So I went over the limit for one day and they charged me €40 for one day, then I had to purchase a new month, so I spent €80s that day.

>Time Warner media does not own any isps dipshit
Time Warner Cable you know what I'm referring to
>in what?
The US, entire swathes of the country where your only isp is the biggest Jews who will nickel and dime you for your internet

well AT&T isn't buying it

>Time Warner Cable you know what I'm referring to
AT&T is not buying them
>where your only isp
There is no phone company?

For right now. The cable year has just started. I work for Bright House Networks, moving forward TWC will be under the Spectrum name. On November 18th, everything is supposed to switch over. Source: I work there, and can provide proofs.

Time Warner Cable isn't the same company, it's different. The proposed merger is between AT&T and Time Warner TV and movie studios.

I paid $80/m for time warner and it was only 25mbps. There is no way AT&T can be any worse.

>when is google fiber coming to your city?
It isn't coming anywhere. The google fiber is on "pause."

translation:
>google fiber is dead in the water

deadline.com/2016/10/google-fiber-pause-staff-cuts-craig-barratt-step-aside-1201843380/

Jesus. The best TWC offers here is 50/5.

>Pay $98 for 20mbps get around 19.5mbps really.
It sucks where I live.
Oh wait that includes extended cable, HBO and home phone.
Doesn't suck really. Also I live in the middle of no where.

Niagara I already moved to the country. No cable or Internet. Loving it

Vote trump and it won't happen you dumb fuck

How much are you paying for that

how fast are your download speeds? I don't think I've ever seen faster than 5mb/s in my life. once I was on a remote desktop and I saw 30mb/s

cant wait till all internet is cheap and fast as fuck

>mfw I already pay $85 a month for 20mpbs which is actually 15 which routinely stops working at random points in the week for hours at a time

Literally no other option
You either eat this or you get no internet

Oligopolies suck

$130/mo for Internet and tv

>when the AT&T-TimeWarner merge actually goes through and causes the quality of your internet service to go straight to shit

Time Warner doesn't own Time Warner cable anymore. That was sold to Charter Communications earlier this year.

The buy-out will NEVER happen in a million years. This would make it so the only major companies would be comcast and ATT because google has too small of a foothold to be considered a real competitoro right now.

Having only TWO companies control nearly the entire eastern seaboard would be a travesty, and the supreme court/FTC would never allow it.

Which is shit because they won't offer you fiber optics for shit

They'd rather you use shifty coaxial from decades ago because despite all the money they make they won't upgrade your speeds or infrastructure

Its fast enough that every server I download from I max out their speeds.

I've never seen a download that wasn't a speedtest get anywhere close to maxing out my connection.

Never gonna happen so long as the monopoly is allowed to exist and companies can ready establish non compete clauses between each other

How fast do your bit torrent speeds get

Id dl everything in sight with that

Time Warner is not an ISP you fucking retarded redditors

This.
Time Warner and Time Warner Cable parted ways when Charter Communications bought that portion of the business out.

Kys

I have time warner as my ISP you fucking retard. Whether or not they're called spectrum in a month or two is irrelevant. Right now it is TWC.

>tfw 30€ per month for 50 Mbps+Phone

and i thought we were getting ripped off. you sure you're living in a first world country, hombre?

time warner cable(spectrum) is owned by charter communications

it has nothing to do with time warner anymore.

Yup. It's outrageous how slow and expensive our telecom stuff is compared to the rest of the developed world.

About $55 usd/month for 150mbps here in civilization, burgerbros.

And competition can't step in because they've partnered with local governments to disallow competition.

oh, so you're saying TWC is a seaparete entity from TW? Meaning that even if AT&T buys TW, they do not gain control of TWC?

Daily reminder that Donald Trump is against net neutrality. Enjoy your overpriced walled gardens, goyim.

There is a difference between a free market monopoly that got their position competitively by offering the best products for the lowest price, and having a couple companies who are granted special permission by the government to operate, to the exclusion of all other competition.

Yes

>£30 a month
>uncapped 100mb/s net
>cable tv including tivo
>unlimited texts + 5 free phones a year
based virgin media
I should cancel the tv bit though because i'm on BTN and PTP

So it's just like having any other ISP.

Incredible!

yes, they parted ways almost a decade ago and were recently purchased by charter.

at&t are basically buying cnn, warner bros, hbo and some other shit.

Were not. My internet speed here in chicago is terrible. This is thanks to collaboration between these monopolies and government.
But its not just internet. Its infrastructure all across the board. This country is collapsing rapidly and nobody is taking any interest in doing anything about it.

>insulting the guy that seeds your torrents with his gigabit Internet speed

Depends on the number of seeders, but the highest I remember seeing was around 60 MB/s

You playing private trackers the rpg?

That is not what AT&T is buying so who cares

I use IPT and haven't had any problems since I got Fiber a couple years ago.

>ipt
Dropped

What would you recommend? My friend sent me an invite to IPT so I never really looked into others.

passthepopcorn.me
hdbits.org
broadcasthe.net
kargagara.in
what.cd
go to /ptg/ on Sup Forums and read the OP
It's an addicting hobby though

They aren't ripped off, Amerilards have very high level of income, so they can easily afford to pay $100-200/month, it's nothing for them, just chump change. If the level of income is high, so are the expenses, including services. It's normal.
When a poor guy from a third world country has to pay 1/5 of his salary for a shitty dial-up - that's a proper rip-off.

I only pay for Internet for $35 a month, use PLEX to stream anything I want from the bay, have an over-the-air antenna for local channels and am trying out Sling TV to see if I want to hand over $20 making my monthly payment $55 if I go through with it.

Glad I have options around here and am not butt fucked by the monopolies.

Well, here in my country we didn't have optic fiber becouse there's only one state monopolic ISP.
The fiber was installed in 2013, to try it out the madmen gave everybody for a whole month a 120mbps download speed.
>mfw it gave me 11MB/S torrents download speed
>mfw I downloaded GTA IV in 30 minutes

In Brooklyn I have optimum. Pay 150 a month for 2 cable boxes and 200mps down 30mbps up.

Also, I actually pay 23$~ for a 20mbps speed, and get almost 30mbps.

ITT: Retards that don't understand the difference between Time Warner MEDIA and Time Warner CABLE.

When will the people of US of 'murrica start getting stuff in return for being sucked dry out of their cash, pic related my 10$ gypsy subscription.

>$200/month for Internet.
Jesus fucking Christ! I pay $5 for home Internet and another $5 for mobile. No bandwidth limit. Not even sure what the speed is, but torrents are quick and video streaming is fine.

Prices for services in the US are a fucking joke.

I'm going to keep paying 79 for 150/25

There's always cumcast

are you ready to JTAG your modem and learn how to hack docsis

>Midwest.
Pay attention in class user.