Post characters that are part of the gay agenda

Post characters that are part of the gay agenda

I'll start.

Only for the last 5 seconds of their series.

The hours and hours devoted to her characterization previously? Straight as a board.

And the gay community supported this last-second pandering. Boggles my mind.

If this is all it takes to make them happy, every tv show should hold up a "Poochy went back to his planet" sign at the finale declaring absolutely everyone on the show was gay.

While I agree with you, there is also the comics where they continue the faggot thing.

One of these women is part of the gay agenda. See if you can spot the right one.

Cartoons are full of lazy gay pandering.

Nowadays yeah, they weren't always like this.

I am a part of the gay agenda

There's nothing about her prior characterisation that precluded her from being into girls. Criticise the writing and how it was handled, but it's not out of character per se.

Far left.

OP, we shipped Korra with Asami asumi, the rich girl since the moment we saw both together in the screen, so you cant blame that on the gay agenda, it was our yuri fetish all along.
deal with it

>when you misread the add and go for a interview for a management position instead of a demon slayer position
>so awkward
>still got the job, though

fpbp

I sort of wish I could upvote you user, but that would mean I was on some comics subreddit and nothing good would come of that.

That could be said for almost any character ever.

Of all examples you could have picked, you chose the one that is not.
Korra and Asami were shipped by the fanbase and the writers put it in because they were trying to keep the fans invested, as every season the series dropped on popularity despite the third season being pretty ok with a good villain. So they incorporated Korra and Asami as a couple in the fourth season.

I don't really get why everyone is so angry about it, of all the bullshit in Korra this is one of the less aggravating ones.
The obvious pandering it is annoys me far more than it being canon lesbians. Some statements I've seen from the writers and some sneak peaks of the comic also make pretty clear they have no idea how this relationship could work and are trying to retcon it to "they always kinda liked each other guys" which is clearly not the case. Not that the Korra writers ever had any qualms about retconning the shit out of anything that doesn't fit the current narrative they want.

And?

It doesn't mean she would be into girls. What you're suggesting is that you somehow have to preclude it otherwise it's comepletely fair game. Well that's bullshit. You could take any other character despite their storyline and say they could be bisexual since it wasn't said they weren't.

It's mostly that it is pandering at the cost of dividing the fanbase and a satisfying conclusion to the series.

Far right. She's trying not to look because she'll get too turned on.

>It doesn't mean she would be into girls.
And it doesn't mean she wouldn't.
>What you're suggesting is that you somehow have to preclude it otherwise it's comepletely fair game.
Essentially, yes.
>You could take any other character despite their storyline and say they could be bisexual since it wasn't said they weren't.
I wouldn't say any. There are characters that are pretty clearly meant to be hetero/gay even if it is not explicitly stated. For example, LSP from Adventure Time is aggressively heterosexual, so turning her bi would be very hard to believe.

>create a single to a beloved series and fuck it up in countless ways
>make the main character gay at the last second so rapid fans will attack any criticism of the show or its characters as "homophobia"
genius really

In a show you have to establish what is, not what isn't. Korra was always established to be straight, she wasn't established as bisexual or lesbian. Your own example is the same case for Korra. There are no established homosexuals in LoK or Atla and Korrais aggressively portrayed as straight so turning her bi is unbelievable. Which is also why it's only yuri shippers and "progressives" who like it, and why the comics feel completely OOC whenever Korrasami is the focus.

Only if your only criticism is that she's bisexual or went from a closeted lesbian from an open one.

Is that your only criticism? Not the giant robot?

I doubt it's that sinister. They probably genuinely enjoyed trolling the autistic ATLA fanbase here and there.

>Korra was always established to be straight
The only thing that can be safely inferred about Korra's sexuality in the first two seasons is that she's into guys. There is literally nothing about her characterisation in those seasons that is inconsistent with her being attracted to girls also.

>Korra is aggressively portrayed as straight so turning her bi is unbelievable.
No she is not. I used LSP as an example because she chases every semi-attractive guy she sees. That is not accurate for Korra at all. The only guy she expresses interest in is Mako.

The fanbase was already broken and I really don't see how removing that one aspect would make the conclusion any less unsatisfying.
By focusing so much on it I feel people neglect Korra's other problems which were much worse than slapping in a couple for pandering.

Maybe she was only gay for Asami or only straight for Mako. The shows main focus was fighting bad guys and becoming a "good" (mediocre) avatar. She's not hitting on everyone's she's attracted to

>Which is also why it's only yuri shippers and "progressives" who like it

That's also why only homosexual men hate it so much though. Anyone else doesn't give a shit either way. Especially now after what, 3 years? It also explains why Sup Forums, one of the most left-leaning boards on Sup Forums is suddenly all conservative and shit when it comes to this one topic all the while being gay as fuck in every other topic. You aren't actual conservatives who dislike gay people, you ARE gay men who really hate the fact that cute lesbians will always and forever be more socially acceptable.

The comics are as canon to the show as Agents of Shield is canon to the MCU. If you want a more direct statement, the comics are not canon.

It doesn't matter who wrote the comics.

The one with the suit pants.

she is not part of the gay agenda anymore because the franchise is dead

it's always the left

Is this a raid or something

I didn't say that was my only criticism. I fucking despise Korra because the character is an idiot. But speaking against the character gets the rapid fans on your ass

Why wouldn't the comics be canon, you idiot?

>Sup Forums, one of the most left-leaning boards on Sup Forums
Fuck off with this meme.

Have you not been here long? You can't go a thread without someone calling anything to the right of Stalin Sup Forums

The absence of a thing does not justify the notion that it exists.

You could say Korra is a futanari too, because that detail to her character is never expressed within the narrative at any point. But that doesn't mean it's ever going to be true.

Because the comics are not a new season of the cartoon. They weren't funded as a cartoon. They're a separate medium. They're essentially an elsewolrds or what-if tale. A fan fiction. An afterthought after the show was long dead.

That show shows what happens when you try to pander to SJW-types. I will never consider Korra cannon. It ruined all the lore and mystery of ATLA. I spit on that cartoon.

But... only that one part pandered to SJWs, the rest was nonpandering and also shit.

There actually were plenty of subtle scenes alluding to it. You just always brushed it off as people wearing yuri-goggles and now that it turned out those people were right all along, you doubled down on your own inability to take a subtle hint.

>The absence of a thing does not justify the notion that it exists.
Conversely, the absence of a thing doesn't justify the notion that it doesn't exist, like you are trying to assert. You can't make any definitive statement on whether the thing exists or not because there is a lack of information. All of this within reason of course.

>You could say Korra is a futanari too
Okay, now you're just being fanciful.

They are literally a direct, official continuation of the story exactly where the cartoon left off, you delusional fool.

Everyone keeps talking about the gay agenda but when I came out of the closet all I got was an underwear catalog. Did they mix up and not send me my handbook or was there a hidden code I failed to notice?

Gems are technically asexual so I never really considered it fag pandering

>The only thing that can be safely inferred about Korra's sexuality in the first two seasons is that she's into guys
She is aggressively pursuing mako in fact. Which is how they establish it. They don't estalish her being into girls before hooking her up with one. Which runs counter to what they established.

Well they made sure to shatter it then. And people focus on it, because it shows exemplarily what was wrong with the show, massive pandering to satisfy fans and attempts to be better than Atla without knowing what to do.

She wasn't shown to be into Asami. Maybe bryke wanted to pander more than they wanted a good ending.

It still would have been a bad ending without Korrasami

>Which runs counter to what they established.
Look mate, if you're not gonna read through my posts, then don't bother replying.

No there weren't, only one is ambigous and that's the blush scene, but given the context and characters involved it wouldn't have romantic connotations.

kek
No, you're just on Sup Forums.

The whole of fucking Steven universe
Character has long hair and tits and says her prounouns are her and she yet she isn't actually female but she has tits which are female. Tbh the whole fucking thing is a bad joke

The SJW part really annoyed me. But the lore ruining part really what triggered me. The avatar line is only 10,000 years old? So they are less than 100 avatars then. And he can bend 4 elements is because those turtles gave him those powers? In theory anybody could have been the avatar. And the fucking avatar state is because some soulsquid or whatever is doing some vodoo energy enhancing shit. Jesus christ when I saw that episode it was midichlorians all over again. Why can't those SJW writers keep the lore as is. I would be fine with a dicksucking faggot avatar, but they really ruined it for me when they destroyed all the mystery of the avatar. Fuck that cartoon piece of shit. I'm glad I watched it on illegal streaming sites.

This. I said it was going to happen.

Still can't accept you were wrong I see.

There's a difference between Sup Forumsmblrites and Sup Forumsmrades.

I read it, you're just wrong. They spent 2 seasons establishing her as straight with no interest at all in her sex and end it on her getting with a girl without any build up. That is inconsistent with her characterization.

Yes it would if you just cut that out. We won't know what would replace it because that didn't happen. It wouldn't fix the mecha and kuvira ofc, but it might have given us a more satisfying ending.

Wrong about what? That Bryke can't into context and organic writing?

You're just ignoring what I wrote and sticking to your guns. There was no need to establish her interest in girls, and just because they didn't doesn't make it inconsistent. Jesus christ, I hate LoK with a passion, but this complaint is retarded.

Wrong that Korrasami had no hints, and that it wouldn't happen. I am making no statement on the quality of the writing.

Zaheer is broken out of the mountain prison by earth bending anarchists and they go to the wedding with a spirit army and kill everyone. Then they go to republic city and execute kuvira

You can't just introduce shit without establishing it. If that was the case you couldn't complain about anything ever. You claimed it wasn't inconsistent, but it was and i explained why. You have yet to explain why consitency and esbalishing things isn't important to a story.

What "hints" would that be then? the car ride season 1 or 3, Korra and asasmi standing next to each other. Korra and Mako kissing in the presence of Asami?

All the "hints" that are usually presented are so filled with projection that anything could be a hint. The fact is that no one knows what these hints are supposed to be since only the fans have claimed what is and isn't hints.

To be fair, Korrasami is meme magic. It was a desperate move from 2 hacks to cover their asses but western animation has filled with lesbian content since then because muh korrasami did it first and the yuri fandom has become more obnoxious than usual, see the Supercorp fiasco on comic-con, because they feel they can change the show's outcome if they whine enough. In some twisted way, it make sense for some parts of the gay community to support Korrasami, the most shallow and cynical part of the gay community with too much free time.

>You can't just introduce shit without establishing it.
Introduce, establish, those two things are synonymous.

>You claimed it wasn't inconsistent, but it was and i explained why.
No you didn't. It isn't inconsistent because her being attracted to girls doesn't affect her characterisation or plot of the first two seasons AT ALL.

Establishing things as they become relevant to the narrative is perfectly fine. Her attraction to girls is not relevant to the story of the first two seasons, so it not being there makes sense. If it was, that would be forced.

>The good spermy wormy and the evil spermy wormy were rolling around in a valley one day
>Then the firebending Wan broke up their roll-about, giving evil the upper hand it needed to spread
>Thus began the eternal struggle of light and dark

Speaking for myself, I thought Korrasami had a good chance of happening after the blush scene. That, along with them getting closer in the third season, the letters thing, and being unnecessarily intimate. And looking at it from the writer's point of view, it became difficult to justify why else they would add these small details when portraying their relationship.

>Introduce, establish, those two things are synonymous.
Depends on how it done desu. You can allude to things without it being directly introduced, i would say Korra is introduced rather early on, but her character isn't immediately established, that happens over time.

>No you didn't. It isn't inconsistent because her being attracted to girls doesn't affect her characterisation or plot of the first two seasons AT ALL.
The first season is 50% love story, her sexulity and romantic interest is pretty damn relevant there. And Asami is her rival in that season for the romantic interest. Which also happens to be true for season 2.

You can definately establish things over time, but you can't have it run counter to what is allready established. If you want to change something established you'd have to develop that aspect during the show, which wasn't done with Korras sexuality. In fact the "realisation" that she is gay happens off-screen according to the comics.

>and being unnecessarily intimate
What does that even mean. They're no more intimate than Korra is with Tenzin or Bolin. And for the rest, they're supposedly BFFs since book 3 it would be weird if they became estranged. As is pretty evident these small details whatever they are didn't seems that relevant to most people here atleast.

Just to add with the letter. It's a letter so ordinary in content a regular penpal letter would be more intimate. That one is especially blown out of proportions to make Korrasami more than it is.

The blush as i said earlier is slightly ambigous but then again, the same thing happened with Bolin in season 1 and she wasn't attracted to him. Pair that with her having a few issues about her feminine looks and it wouldn't be far out that she would blush after being complemented on her looks by the most beautiful character in the show.

>What does that even mean.
Subtle things like how they spoke to each other, and just how they generally interacted, the hair scene being the major example. I haven't watched LoK since it aired so I can't remember all the specifics.
>to most people here atleast.
That's because most people on Sup Forums are braindead when it comes to subtext. There were plenty of people outside of Sup Forums that predicted it. Though to be fair, it wasn't done very well in this case.

Korra is bisexual though

So after her fling with Asami she'll go back to dick

Plenty of girls would go gay for Assami

Those subtle things i would completely disagree on. They spoke normally to eachother. The only change was between season 1 and 2 where they went from competitors to sorta friends.

I haven't seen anyone who predicted it who wasn't allready a hardcore shipper. The kind who was shipping it from season 1 btw. They saw it everywhere in every scene, even those where you can tell there's nothing going on. Like when they're stuck in the desert season 3, some people claim that Korra is checking out Asami for the entire episode, which if you watch it clearly isn't the case.

I can honestly say that Sup Forums seems to be one of the more sane places when it comes to this thing.

Not happening, it isn't the progressive thing atm and would ruin brykes reputation as geniuses for having the "first" cartoon with gay characters.

But like, the Simpsons had gays before LoK.

Oh yeah, there are definitely some batshit crazy shippers out there. I don't believe there was any intention to have them end up together before season 3 at the latest. The first inkling I had there MIGHT be something more was when Asami was comforting Korra at the end of book 3 and offering to go to the south pole with her, but even then I didn't think too much of it.

nuh uh! Korra was the first gay character ever in cartoons!!!

*earliest

According to Bryke they had the idea (read shippers told them a conventions) around the writing of book 4. At which point they postponed it because they didnt think to ask Nick for permission. So really it would be quite far into book 4 before they could even have started on writing the relationship.

What happened to the Sup Forumsmblr I used to love

>However, we still operated under this notion, another “unwritten rule,” that we would not be allowed to depict that in our show. So we alluded to it throughout the second half of the series, working in the idea that their trajectory could be heading towards a romance.

That was after they decided they couldn't do it. Then they decided they'd do it even if they couldn't, and then they asked nick and got permission. There were 3 stages to it, but they were all during the writing of book 4 which would severely limit their time.

You don't put Sup Forums, so...

Reddit isn't the only platform with upvoting.

I recognize those asses