Let's celebrate!

Today is the 75th Anniversary of Walt Disney's Bambi! Released August 21, 1942.

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/disney/75-years-new-york-debut-bambi-remains-underrated-152834.html
youtube.com/watch?v=q5oZ0VPzkU0
youtube.com/watch?v=GbM8RESn0WQ
youtu.be/NhQtW28StKQ?t=11m58s
vimeo.com/142047050
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm probably the only person in the world who still hasn't seen Bambi yet.

Is it good?

A recent in depth article from Cartoon Brew:
cartoonbrew.com/disney/75-years-new-york-debut-bambi-remains-underrated-152834.html

Hell, yeah man! Do yourself a favor, and have a go at it today.

This guy here

>Last watch it on VHS in the early 1990s
>And still vividly remember the sequence of events

youtube.com/watch?v=q5oZ0VPzkU0

Its not the standard 'heroes journey" style plot and the animation is some of the best Disney has ever done.

Any user have that awesome duel in webm?

Sorry. I usually post it but I don't have my computer today.

Not a webm, but it will do for now.
youtube.com/watch?v=GbM8RESn0WQ

My interest in the film kind of goes down when they age up the case and change all the V.As. If it was a sequel, I'd understand, but the change in the middle of the film is jarring.

I'm fine with the timeskip itself, but I find the place they put it much more jarring because it changes straight from Bambi's mom's death immediately to happy music opening a springtime scene all about teenage Bambi and his friends trying to get laid.

Coming up on a year since he died. Can't be too sad, though, since he lived to a 106.

And here it is!

youtu.be/NhQtW28StKQ?t=11m58s

If someone else has a problem with the video (as in starts from the beginning) just go directly to 11:58.

>Oh, boy! Never seen this before.
>Can't wait!

It's really good. Beautiful, simple, stirring. The cycle of life, reduced to its most basic concepts, with gorgeous animation. Well worth a view.

While we're discussing quality, Bambi 2 is decent for a direct-to-DVD midquel, but it's still pretty mediocre. It basically just expounds upon things that were already apparent from the first movie (The Great Prince's tough love for Bambi, Bambi's rivalry with Ronno), and takes them from sentimental to saccharine. There's less artistry and too much kiddie humor as well. There are scenes where it tries to be faithful and respectful to the original, but it's still not really worth a watch.

YOU MADMAN!
vimeo.com/142047050

I read the book, if that counts.

I-I-I-I LIKE I LIKE I LIKE FALL
I LIKE FALLING I LIKE FALLING I LIKE FALLING

Somehow I don't think this is an actual scene in the video.

How about... NO!

Facebook page "Traditional Animation" posted some sweet ass model sheets, etc.

/traditionalanimation/posts/1512626758823995

Guess who?

It doesn't. The animation is the best part

Overrated pissed on toiletpaper shown through a projector/10

I've seen both, and it's still a pretty damn good book imo