Doomsday Clock #1 Covers

>1 of 12
No way I'm buying a 12 issues event.

>Gary Frank

Oh god, get ready for some really plastic looking uncanny drawings.

Yeah, I have opinions, and my opinion is that I don't like Gary Frank's artwork so sue me.

wtf I hate COIE and Watchmen now

>event
Are you retarded?

Is it seriously not coming out until January now or is that just the future cover dating thing?

I love his art besides the faces, they just look weird.

I feel like there's a damn good reason they e been pussy footing so long over this crossover.

Took them long enough. Guess i should be grateful since it was inevitable.

It's a maxi series you pathetic human being

A little black tape and you can make a comic book store owner's day when someone angrily calls to ask why their kid got an issue of Doomsday Cock.

End my fucking life.

His composition is solid, some of the pages of this shit that have been shown reminded me a lot of Dave Gibbons who I consider gold standard when it comes to creating great composition with solid environment comprehension. Frank is definitely an artist that deserves to draw something like this.

Lenticular Cover lads

Geoff said november today

i will tho

That's pretty neat.

Gary Frank tends to fuck up when drawing people who look pleasantly surprised, and he especially fucks up on drawing children's faces. Other than that I love his work. His Supes is on point.

ur opinion is fine but u defend it like a retarded faget

>Moorecucks and Watchmencucks right now

Alright, that's really cool.

>ur
>faget
God damn is summer still not fucking over?

That's not real, is it? Wasn't on Geoff's twitter.

*shits cum*
lol cant take the heat kid??

I feel like he's a good Gibbons-y artist

Love Superman here, although the inclusion of Dr Manhattan is a little heavy-handed.

This is cool. Symbolic and fairly subtle. I'm not sure how Rorschach will tie into the events of this story though, seeing as how he went kablooey.

Neat. But I do have reservations, that this being a major DC story is running along Metal which is also going on. Hopefully they don't cancel each other out.

This takes place one year in the future so at least there's that.

>Love Superman here, although the inclusion of Dr Manhattan is a little heavy-handed.
Yeah its a really generic comic cover composition, kind of dissapointed.

This isn't a physical confrontation. It feels more like a creative and ideological one. Specially when you consider what both Superman and Watchmen represent and did for the medium.

Metal is just dumb fun that won't matter outside of the books that get launched afterward (and even then maybe not)

I just... look, I'm sorry, I know people think this is amazing and going to be some revolutionary event the likes of which we've never seen before, but everything about these covers just makes me fucking disgusted with DC. Watchmen vs. DC is the kind of creatively bankrupt idea that we'd joke about when saying "this is how you know when DC is out of ideas" discussions. The fact that not only is it actually real and happening, but people are getting hype for it is just depressing.

How do you know it's gonna be Watchmen vs Dc?

I wish he would just tweet out the solicit.

That you think people are hyped because it's Watchmen and not because it's a love letter to the DCU proves that you don't get it.

so, uh
i haven't really been paying attention lately, what books do u guys think are necessary before this, both n52 and rebirth

If it’s good, it will have been worth it. If it’s shit, nobody will remember it just like Before Watchmen. The original Watchmen won’t be erased or destroyed.

So all the current comic books happens, then Metal and finally this?

Just the Rebirth one shot and The Button crossover basically.

don't let Alan Moore see them

DCU Rebirth one-shot by Johns
Flash Rebirth one-shot by Williamson*
The Button crossover (Batman #21, Flash #21, Batman #22, Flash #22)

* = optional

>implying he cares about Watchmen

>Oh man, what a bankrupt idea having alternate universe Charlton Comics characters interacting with mainline universe DC characters is!
Nah.

>missing the point this bad
Was it autism?

>Watchmen vs. DC

It's not really that. It's more of a battle of influences and a love letter to both franchises and the impact on the medium.

I wanna fuck that Question.

I'm interested in how the "Time Runs Out"-like timeskip will come into play, with all the DC books catching up with Doomsday Clock at issue 12.

>cover is Superman and Dr. Manhattan
>covers are trying to evoke HEY GUYS, WATCHMEN! REMEMBER WATCHMEN?!
I dunno. Just a guess.

I don't even think it will do that much with Watchmen. The way Johns is talking it sounds like it will be an expansion of what he did in the big Rebirth one-shot by exploring several franchises more closely than just the snapshots we got before.

Empty Hand is the big bad

Cover about 2 characters don't usually imply they'll fight.

I agree.

I guess. Metal is happening currently. This is precisely 1 year later kind of deal like how 52 was the year in between Infinite Crisis and OYL but 52 is all of current DC books and they'll all reach the point of this book in some way.

Can't really be a "big bad" in that sense considering he always wins. The only way for him to lose would be permanent cancellation.

You know, if Renee Montoya took on The Question mantle today people would be crying out SJW Pandering in a instant.

>This takes place one year in the future
Do they ever learn from past mistakes?

I think it would work fine with just Supes there on a plain black background. Less speaks more.

>a love letter to the DCU
Johnson fags are like beaten wives. How many "love letters to the DCU" are you gonna buy?

He hasn't written a bad one yet by my measure. So probably a lot.

That would suck.

>alternate universe Charlton Comics
Is that really what you think Watchmen is, or are you butthurt because of what Moore has said about the American comic industry?

Eh, I don't think so since there were a lot of issues devoted on the passing of the mantle to Renee that was done pretty tastefully in 52, it was also done nicely since she didn't want to be the question, unlike how things are done now where OCs take the mantle.
Being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian is sad.

It's a symbolic "vs."

>“I promise it’s not going to be Batman and company punching Dr. Manhattan a bunch of times. That’s not how you combat something like this,”

That's a quote from Johns, so yeah they probably wont really be fighting

This. I don't really think this being good or bad impacts Watchmen in any way whatsoever.

If any of his "love letters" would've actually delivered on what he said they were gonna do, he wouldn't need to keep writing them over and over.
It's still gonna be some shallow bullshit, full of stupid grimdark moments with some cheesy senitmental cop out at the end.

So if Ozy and Bats fight, who do you think will win? Ozy has inhuman reactions i.e catching a bullet but he doesn't have any experience fighting Meta's unlike Bats.

Batman always wins.

Moore has said a lot about a lot of things, he's right in a lot of cases but the guy is senile.

Johns said it would be Ozy and Lex (the smartest man in the DCU)

Batman a shit

underrated

>Being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian is sad.
I'm not a contrarian, I just remember the shit Johns has written in the past. This thing he's trying to undo is his own doing in the first place anyway.
He's the perfect example of why you don't want fanboys to be the writers.

>Sup Forumsmblr spends years talking shit about Moore and watchmen
>Now they're mad because this untouchable masterpiece is being assimilated into the DCU

This place is shit

>the guy is senile
How come he still puts out great stuff like Providence then?

On his twitter? Should check it out also if its a battle of intellect I think Lex should have it since he is the most petty of the two.

Good. Fuck Batman.

it was at SDCC

If i dont see a single skateboard or Dr. Manhattan surfing on this crossover, fucking dropped.

I think "hates everything" is more accurate, though I doubt that's true.

How would Manhattan deal with explicitly magical/supernatural powers being used against him?

His whole thing is quantum bullshit and perception of time in a nonlinear fashion, but control over matter does fuckall when you're fighting things that don't actually EXIST. What would his blue ass think after running into Dream or Death? Or people like Lucifer that confirm the existence of a judeochristian god, heaven, and hell? His whole "I've been thinking of creating life" speech will have a different effect when told to someone that used to rub elbows with capital-G-God.

He killed Pandora, he can kill them too.

>"hates everything"
That's not really the case though, he hates the American comic book industry and people here keep focusing on that, instead of reading or listen to him talking about the stuff he does like, which he does pretty often.
Just watch his videos at conferences and conventions and you'll see he's actually a pretty funny and chill guy.

Watchmen is a good comic and helped usher in the Modern Age of comics along with The Dark Knight Returns. But let's not pretend that what is definitely an alternate universe Charlton Comics story is some sort of untouchable masterpiece of literature.

That's what you get when you force a character that was never about "power level" crap into a universe that's built on that.
Watchmen makes sense in a universe where there are no other superheroes. That was the whole point of the comic and that's what the characters are designed for.

Senile people can still be creative, lots of writers that were not right in their head to begin with put out fantastic literature.

>Just watch his videos at conferences and conventions and you'll see he's actually a pretty funny and chill guy
You're right.

Was Pandora even strong? Never read trinity war but wasn't she just a bitch with guns?

Yeah I don't think he was right to suggest her. She did mix some universes, but she's not an idea like the characters we're talking about. Not on the same tier.

Its not a crossover faggot.

She was multiversal. But she was just a character, not a concept.

... or some bullshit like that.

>sells DCU Rebirth #1 at $3 for 80 pages
>sells Doomsday Clock at $5 for 12 issues

Johns wants that money now.

She was? I thought she was just in one universe that just happened to merge Wildstorm and DC.
How do you know its 12 pages?

>an alternate universe Charlton Comics
But it isn't. We all know how the initial idea of Watchmen started but between that and the actual comic, several years passed by and the characters barely have no resemblance to the Charlton ones, and they're their own. Rorschach is the one that's the most similar to his Charlton counterpart and even so his backstory is completely different.
But yeah, just hold on to that little piece of trivia.

Multiversity was the same.

Such is life.

You obviously don't know that senility is.

Literally says 1 of 12 on the cover.

This will be shit, frank deserves better

Fuck read that as 5$ for 12 pages. Idk there could be a lot of pages to justify the price bump.

Would go ahead and guess 48 pages. We'll know in 3 hours either way.

Batman can rekt ozy and can catch bullets.

But this is johns, you are a retard if you dont already know batman will be humiliated.
This will be a future story time of pain