Marvel 1985

Thought a mid day storytime would be fun so I'm going to post a title many will enjoy.

I'm only two pages in and this artist is already got my attention.

I feel ashamed for saying this but I had never read the old Secret Wars all the way through. This page makes me wanna go back and read them.

I like this kid.

Bump for you OP. It's a good story.

As someone who's also a child of divorce, I more than understand the joy in getting lost in another world.

How about that, a stepfather that isn't a raging douchebag. Nice to see they're all not portrayed as monsters.

I just splurged on a hardcover edition of this story. Amazon price was 30 dollars minimum and i managed to find one for 16 (shipping included) on ebay. Fucking love that site.

Fucking sweet

This would scare the shit outta me.

Fucking rough, kid.

Shit is officially getting real

Ha!

This is artist in on fire. No pun intended.

Truth be told, I don't know what I would do if I saw the Hulk in front of me.

Secret Wars is honestly not very good, it's just a 12 issue long toy ad.

This art is gorgeous and so far the plot isn't that bad. Why have I never seen this storytimed?

Was Secret Wars II any good?

Oh god no, it was even worse. Like, I don't even like Secret Wars but I get why it has fans (mostly nostalgia), but you'd be hard pressed to find a Secret Wars II fan who isn't Jim Shooter.

Huh, wasn't expecting that.

It's a rehash of Secret Wars 1 except less Toy-ad like. Not worth it.

I'm not normally big on splash pages but this comic is doing it for me.

>Would you have stuck around?
I'm actually not sure.

10%? You can do better than that.

My mom said I would end up just like my father. When your dad is "less than perfect", those comments can really eat at you.

I never found stilt man intimidating until this page. I can't imagine that large just stepping over us like we were ants. Also that Schnauzer in the bottom left panel is adorable.

This comic is really funny to me because the kid's dad had a crush on Jane Foster, and we all know how Sup Forums feels about that character these days...

I like to pretend that Blake and Foster lived happily ever after. I have a thing for Miss Marvel and Black Cat (before Slott got a hold of her).

FUCKING HELL!!! I didn't know Sandman was a straight up sociopath.

I always knew Electro was more terrifying than he had been portrayed in recent years.

unfriendly reminder that MARLEL is for cucks

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

No memes during a storytime, newfag.

What the hell?

This is horrifying!

I don't remember this comic being that unsettling

In one page Millar makes Ultron scarier than his portrayal in Age of Ultron

Frog Man?

I think this is the scariest portrayal of Marvel Villains I've seen yet.

Just when you think things can't get any worse.

Bump.

My man.

Honestly he shouldn't be. he was kind of gradually moving toward the good side during the 80's. Even if Byrne thinks he shouldn't just because Sandman's alter ego was on the FBI most wanted list

>fun
>millar

what is this about?

1985 is Marvel/Millar's red headed step child.
a great book that they tend to forget (almost every other Millar/Marvel series has been reprinted/collected in recent years except for this)

Yeah, these parts really weirded me out because it's heavily implied, if not outright said, that these are the 616 versions of these characters, and yet Sandman is a murderer and Frog Man dies? What?

In 1985, Marvel villains invade the "real" world under the command of the "real" world's first mutant.

comic book villains invade the real world.

This book has so many more horror moments that I remember.

On the other hand the only parts that are canonical with this are Millar's FF and Old Man Logan, and by extension Millar's Civil War and maybe some other Marvel stuff, and some of Millar's creator-owned stuff. So you can imagine that it isn't Earth-616 but Earth-Millar Marvel or something

I consider this part of the Millarverse with it taking place after the Supervillains had taken over the world and rewritten it to suit them.