This scene practically ruins Wolverine's effectiveness in the X-Men

This scene practically ruins Wolverine's effectiveness in the X-Men.
This and literally years of writing (not that this scene is necessarily bad) could have been fixed if they just wrote that "Adamantium isn't Magnetized." This and other scenes could have been avoided a million times over.

Other urls found in this thread:

byrnerobotics.com/forum/printer_friendly_posts.asp?TID=13985
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Magneto being able to use his powers on Wolverine's metal skeleton has been a thing since they first met, user. Hostilities between them just...escalated...a bit during Fatal Attractions.

nobody tell him about superman's weakness

I was just using it as the most extreme example. I'm just saying, it's a pretty stupid weakness, literally every normie never shuts up about it when mentioning Wolverine.

>it's a pretty stupid weakness
So green rocks and the color yellow are considered legit weaknesses?

Why is this an issue?

They already addressed Magneto being able to control adamantium long ago. This was from an interview with Byrne back in 1980.

Magneto is an ally of Wolverine more often than not so it's not really a problem.

>Colossus goes back to Russia and then comes back to the X-Men to fight Ultron.
>Human-sized Sentinels before 1997.
>Avengers' mutants being forced to wear tracking devices.

This all sounds awesome and none of it happened. Were these all just Byrne's ideas that got dropped when he left?

I'm fine with him having one obvious weakness since the guy is literally unkillable otherwise. Rock-paper-scissors, Wolverine can't beat Magneto.

this also applies to Colossus and it is something good, characters should have strengths and weaknesses, and some characters are hard checks to other characters.
Magneto can slap around Wolverine and Colossus like bitches because of the adamantium/metal form
Dazzler can absorb all of Black Bolt's voice
Telepaths generally cant do anything against robots like Sentinels or characters immune to telepathy (like Juggernaut or Magneto with their helmets on, or Emma Frost in her diamond form)
characters that absorb kinetic energy cant be beat with punches, but can be beat with electricity or psychic attacks

it gives the teams a role playing game feel

They had a different set of plans around the time Byrne did the interview, this was something that got posted up on his forum at byrnerobotics.com/forum/printer_friendly_posts.asp?TID=13985

This chart looks like it was done before Byrne did the interview, given the interview is from 1980 and this image said April 1979, so this plan had to have been before that). So you can #123-124 was the Arcade story, and "Mutant X" was the Proteus story. Ariel was the name for Kitty at the time and so that also matches up.

Where it changed was the Dark Phoenix saga, the actual #133 and 134 still dealt with the Hellfire Club. #135 was where Dark Phoenix killed the D'Bari and when Shooter made the mandate that Jean be punished for her crimes.

Everything else is different, although I wonder if the team split-up issue with Wolverine and Nightcrawler might be similar to the two-parter where they're in Canada. And of course, DOFP wasn't in the plans yet.

I guess once Byrne left, Claremont decided to take it in a different direction.

It is an issue because it was approved by the editorial staff of Marvel Comics and subsequently published as part of their ongoing Marvel Universe franchise.

Also in that thread, Byrne talked about what the Death of Mariko and Death of Sabretooth was going to be like (and how Sabretooth was going to turn out to be Wolverine's father). There's also an image of Caliban that they planned to use had they made the new team in #135-138.

And he also mentioned a story idea they never got around to where they would've had Captain America refer to Logan as Corporal Logan.

The guy with metal bones is at a disadvantage against the guy that can manipulate metal... the only issue here is you being an autistic fanboy.

This is like bitching about a guy who's power involves drinking blood being at a disadvantage against another guy whos power is having acid for blood.

>heroes should have no obstacles or insurmountable challenges to overcome so they have the most boring adventures conceivable

Honestly Logan is most interesting when he's vulnerable. As a kid I hated Wolverine because everything I read with him was all about how invincible he was. I liked in the first X-Men movie that he was a tough guy, but powerless against Magneto. It kept the threat feeling real, because Magneto was not only powerful but his weakness.

this thread reminds me of when the New Mutants were attacked by Sentinels, and the 3 girls were useless (karma posesses people, not robots, Rahne becomes a wolf or werewolf, not strong enough, Dani creates illusions of people's fears or desires, useless against a giant robot)
they had to be saved by cannonball and sunspot

Strong Guy got that as nickname because every team has and needs a Strong Guy.

>This scene practically ruins Wolverine's effectiveness in the X-Men.

Carefully explain how.

>This is like bitching about a guy who's power involves drinking blood being at a disadvantage against another guy whos power is having acid for blood.

Dracula vs Aliens comic when?

Well they do have Vampirella vs Aliens

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

Everything is magnetic if you have a strong enough magnetic field.

A magnetar can warp hydrogen atoms because it's field is so strong, and hydrogen isn't necessarily what we'd consider magnetic