EGS

Does anyone read El Goonish Shive?

I do.

My fave webcomic.

How about that obviously evil guy in the last update?

I gave up on it.
He gave up on the Magic Revealed/Apocalypse plot. Then he started backtracking Susan/Diane identical twins plot. And it took away what made Tedd interesting (his techno skill and science) and replaced it with shitty magic and a cliche chosen one trope.
The comic itself also feels like it has no direction where to go. The Waifus are okay I guess.

I browse the nude edit blog regularly.

Ya know? I've been with the comic for a long time, but it's shit like this that's making me look elsewhere.

Did the last thread not work out for you?

There's a blog!? Does it have all the edits made in the /aco/ threads?

no

A lot of the edits come from the blog actually

Dan has such a hard time killing charachters, I'm actually surprised he managed to make Monday's comic at all.

Dan just can't pull the trigger on anything. It's too bad because it doesn't matter how much he improves as an artist, he's never gonna accomplish shit with a comic if he doesn't try to improve as a writer.

part of the problem is that all the main characters and moat of the side characters are based on actual people. Its hard to fictionally kill real people you are attached to.

>The Waifus are okay I guess.
They're pretty good, especially Pandora and Sarah. Ashley can fuck off though and I seriously hate any scene where Ellen and Nanase are together because when they're on the same page they're annoying.

The comic could just make Pandora the MC and I wouldn't mind though.

>Ashley

No one fucking cares, Dan.

Ellen and Nanase have been essentially superfluous since Grace's birthday party.

It is weird how great Sarah and Susan have gotten.

What does the term "El Goonish Shive" mean? It's almost intelligible.

It doesn't mean anything. Dan just came up with some nonsense for a title back when he was just fucking around without a story in mind.

>all the main characters and moat of the side characters are based on actual people

First time I hear this.

i do, tedd is cute

Susan is the thinking man's waifu.

I've been with it for a while, and the whole pandora/tedd talking arc killed my interest in it

also Dan's little rants/essays at the bottom are really cringey. Am I the only one who thnks so?

I never read them for that reason, there could be important information there but I can't handle them

>the whole pandora/tedd talking arc killed my interest in it
>tfw tedd is my favorite character and i have low standards so any kind of focus on him is always good to me
the arc that almost made me quit was the card one, the possibility of lord tedd doing something again in the current arc brought me back

>Am I the only one who thnks so?

Nope. But he only started feeling like he had to give commentary to every strip (and fill his comics with truckloads of droning exposition) when the autistic fucks on the forum started pestering him for explanations for everything he ever put in a comic. At this point, he's so in the habit of explaining every tiny detail that I don't expect him to ever stop.

You've gotta understand, Dan Shive is a goddamn marshmallow. He crumbles under pressure from people. The psychos on his forum demanded something from him and he indulged them because he's too damn nice to do otherwise.

>Nope. But he only started feeling like he had to give commentary to every strip (and fill his comics with truckloads of droning exposition) when the autistic fucks on the forum started pestering him for explanations for everything he ever put in a comic. At this point, he's so in the habit of explaining every tiny detail that I don't expect him to ever sto
I've never been to the forum. I just assumed Dan was the autismo here.

>Dan was the autismo

Oh, he is. After all, he word builds to an obsessive level, but he never shared it so much until people started demanding it from him. He should have just said no. Sadly, he doesn't seem to notice that these huge infodumps completely KILL what little sense of flow he has.

Fucking this.

The main fucking villain of the series has been blatantly rewritten into some bullshit fairy godmother type who begs for sympathy for the reader with the retarded excuse of IT WASN'T ME ALL ALONG

This was what I thought of too.

I've actually started disliking Susan more. She used to be nice but is kind of boring and her shtick is basically "nerd girl" now. Diane now is closer to what Susan should've stayed as (and Diane now is worse than she was).

Conversely Sarah's been given a nice personality from "Girl" to kind of excitable dork who's gotten over her hang ups and is also probably bisexual or at least got the hots for a naked version of herself and is definitely a bigger pervert than she lets on.

I'm assuming this was always at least roughly the plan for Pandora. Anyway the big villain is obviously the one immortal and (whenever he gets around to it) Lord Tedd.

Susan hasn't gotten much focus for a while. Honestly, the cast is too big. Eight core cast members is too much. At this point, I wouldn't mind if Ellen, Grace, Nanase, and Justin faded into the background.

Justin already has. Grace has been largely irrelevant for a long time too.

So how do you think he should resolve this arc? Wasn't one of the main reasons why she broke up with Elliot because he kept turning into a girl? How would a girl like that respond to finding out that her new boyfriend is biologically female?

>because he kept turning into a girl?

Nah. They broke up because they realized they were really just friends and nothing more.

He didn't take away Tedd's science and techno skill, though. He just made most of the leaps and bounds he'd made regarding magic unrelated to that. He still made his glasses and programmed the TF gun and whatnot, he just didn't create a way to use technology to create wands / magic gloves like he thought he had.

Sadly, Tedd's been kinda obsessed with magic stuff for awhile now, so with the revelation about him and his thing, it turns out that he's not really been doing any proper scifi science for ages. It's all been magitech instead at best.

This, holy shit. I didn't realize the forums were related. The comic used to be fun, but now every single thing needs to be explained with a retarded amount of detail. EGS:NP has turned into mostly drawn-out lore that's sometimes even more dull than the main story. He's finally doing a sequel to Goonmanji and I haven't even bothered reading through it because he's somehow spent a full month's worth of strips setting it up.

That and now he's trying to turn what was once a goofy little slice of life into some kind of social commentary, like with that god-awful card game arc (which is basically the reason I've since stopped reading the comic regularly).

I've started reading Addictive Science instead. It's repetitive as fuck but at least it's become decently fun, and doesn't take itself nearly as seriously.