Are the Gargoyles not "cool" any more?

Are the Gargoyles not "cool" any more?
would a live action/cgi Marvel movie flop or be successful?

It was too low on slapstick to be Marvel-tier success.

I'd buy a ticket though.

>too low on slapstick
The show had quite a bit, and they could easily play it up for the movie

>The trio doing goofy things
>the gargoyles being confused about future stuff
>Goliath and Elisa's awkward bestiality romance
>"jalapeno!"

Judging by that I have to selfbump my thread I got my answer.

>wanting this series turned into homogenized live-action cape shit

i'm fucking tired of reboots and nostalgia farming. so, who cares?

Gargoyles was never really cool but it did respect it's audience and gave us an interesting world to explore.

I'd hate to see a movie adaption for a number of reasons but mainly because Manhattan kinda sucks now.

Give it the Netflix treatment instead. Well-done character redesigns would at the very least capture the fujo audience. It worked for Voltron.

>Well-done character redesigns would at the very least capture the fujo audience.
Please god no!

Keep them as they are, or make them a little less humanoid but don't just turn them into bishonen trash.

>don't just turn them into bishonen
I don't know how to tell you this, but they were husbando bait right from the start.

>Gargoyles
>Live action

By the smugness of Xanatos, please no.

You don't need bishounen anymore. "Daddy" and "Beast" types are in vogue now. I remember a popular complaint about the beauty and the beast live action movie was that the beast should have stayed a beast.

If disney/marvel plan on making a movie, they better do it soon before everyone forgets this franchise even existed.

always hated this show. so gay.

imagine being this retarded

I don't know, they rebooted Duck Tales and its quite a few years older than Gargoyles.

But Scrooge made a handful of appearances between the old and new Ducktales, and people make memes about the old show all the time. Whereas Gargoyles hasn't really had much in the way of recent material other than that comic from ten years ago.

I don't see anything gay about Gargoyles, mister.

Yeah, but I imagine that kids who are like, 10 or so at this point in time probably didn't know much about the character of Scrooge other than "he's a rich duck".

You could probably reset Gargoyles easily, but why would you?

The modern trend seems to be rebooting episodic series and making them more serialized, but Gargoyles was already really serialized (especially for the time). It's not like you can cram more lore into the series without making it overstuffed - hell it already got too lore heavy when they got to the Avalon arc and Goliaths daughter.

nothing gay here

nope all straight

It would flop beacuse it would suffer from Avatar the movie syndrome, and beacuse IT'S FUCKING DEAD STOP MAKING GARGOYLE THREADS