Beast Wars

I'm almost done with G1. Should I watch this next? What's Sup Forums's verdict on Transformers Beast Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PLB8qyA6NEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's the only good Transformers show.

/thread

It’s good, watch both this and beast machines though. Don’t listen to a word anyone says, just watch them neutrally and appreciate you have more transformers and then give an opinion.

Meanwhile, in Canada

While the visuals have aged terribly and season 1 is a bit slow to start Beast Wars is good show. Characters are great and the writing is solid through out.

Watch Beast Wars, see if you can find subs for Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo. Avoid the shit out of Beast Machines, it's horrible.

It's better, there's no unfunny slapstick.

Only watch 2 for the opening

youtube.com/watch?v=PLB8qyA6NEs

Yeah, that's how I feel. The CG wasn't even that great at the same and looks terrible these days but it's still worth watching.

Skip Beast Machines though; it's the mirror image of Beast Wars with better graphics and awful writing.

Atleast Beast Wars was able to tell a great story and sprinkled in some comedy

Way better than Beast Machines 2deep4u nature bullshit

I do a good Waspinator impression, guy was OP

Eh. Beast Wars tried to tell a good story but it fucked up in Season 3 because they couldn't figure out what they wanted to do while simultaneously introducing new toys, and even Hasbro didn't know if they were selling the toys they wanted to advertise.

If Beast Wars was just Season 2 and a less unfunny Season 1, it'd be amazing.

and actually added in more of the toys call me autistic but I hate TF shows with small casts

I tried watching this recently. To say I grew up with ReBoot and was prepared for it to look bad, I was still surprised by just how horrible it looks. I'm not sure I can actually force myself to sit through it regardless of how good the writing is.

Might as go all the way and watch Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory.

Don't know, are they really worth it?

If you enjoyed your time with G1 I think you'll like Headmasters and Masterforce. Victory goes full anime and I liked that but you might not if you aren't into anime.

Dinobot is hot

Beast Wars is legit and you should absolutely watch it. I'm actually watching it right now. This was my shit when I was a kid, but it looks pretty dated if you watch it now. Still doesnt stop me from enjoying the hell out of it and as others have said the writing is very very solid.

The fights and textures aged terribly but the facial animation is top notch.

Even the characters with non-human faces manage to successfully convey emotion.

As others said, the best Transformers show. G1 is slow but S2 is pretty much flawless. S3 is almost flawless.

I was in middle school when this aired, but I never liked them transforming into animals and felt it tarnished my kindergarten memories of G1. Also it aired at like 6am which I was never going to wake up early enough to catch. So, I never got into it until Toonami happened to air 5 episodes when I was in high school, including the one I happened to see that day, "Code of Hero." Then I caught all of S2 and S3 and loved it. Never bothered with S1 really. Beast machines was simply a travesty

If you can get over the outdated CG then it's a pretty good show.