Charlie Cox as Daredevil

Does anyone else think Charlie Cox is the most underrated capeshit actor?

Nobody seems to talk about his performance as Daredevil probably because he got upstaged by Vincent D'onofrio and Jon Bernthal in S1 and S2. But watching Defenders you can see he's acting on a level above the others (except maybe Scott Glenn) and he's the one carrying the show. It's all the more impressive since his part is more demanding because he can't use his eyes to convey emotion.

What does Sup Forums think of based Cox?

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.businessinsider.com/charlie-coxs-daredevil-workout-2016-3
google.com/search?q=daredevil dvd&oq=daredevil dvd&aqs=chrome..69i57.4991j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For all it's faults in season 2, Daredevil still remains the best Netflix show.

Until Punisher at least.

He's really good desu. My only complaint would be that maybe he moves his head around a lot but I understand he does it to convey that he's listening for movement and stuff like that.

That's actually what made me realize how good an actor he is, he convey's the actual aspect of blindness very well, even in simple things like how he doesn't make eye contact or look where everyone else does unless there's action going on that he can hear like when Elektra showed up in the restaurant and silently stalks in.

Everyone else in that seen is watching her, but Matt and Stick are focused on the area the where the windows were blown in because that was the last big noise

Yeah I agree. He is quite good. It is just his stuff getting dragged down by some dodgy writing effecting his screen time.

Balding

I like this thing... he does when... he's emotional... he pauses and press his lips... together...

he does a really good blind guy stare

>Nobody seems to talk about his performance as Daredevil
We all talked about him when S1 came out. You'd know this if you hadn't just jumped on the bandwagon only now.
>probably because he got upstaged by Vincent D'onofrio
His performance was good for the way the role was written, but it was written with Kingpin as an autistic man baby who was so emotionally unstable that he'd never have been able to run any kind of organization.
>Jon Bernthal
Not actually a great actor. The role was just well-written. The only people who like his actual acting are just the same idiots who think The Walking Dead is good past the second half of Season 2.

Does anyone else think that Finn Jones was an amazing Iron Fist? Despite the poor story and writing in Iron Fist I thought he did a great job of bringing to life one the of the most underrated heroes.

What does Sup Forums think of based Finn?

deserved a much better show and production team
i hope Heroes For Hire redeems Iron Fist

This guy is amazing. I can't believe Daredevil finally got a good portrayal with such a good actor. I agree he's mostly underrated outside of Sup Forums

he's great

daredevil season 1 is the best capeshit show we've ever gotten, shame they fucked the costume up originally. His body transformation was pretty impressive too considering he used to be so twinky

He's acting several levels above fucking Finn Jones, I'll tell you that. What a lackluster performance he's turned in.

A lot of the problems with the character can be directly pinned to Scott Buck, who is now on an Inhumans exile.
He was a lot more enjoyable in Defenders, and hopefully S2 with the new showrunners can shake off all the S1 baggage that was still there in Defenders (no costume, only the one fist, etc.).

Danny was fucking insufferable in the defenders also though

while it could have been partly the writing, Finn's acting is utterly unconvincing, he was definitely the weakest actor in the team, every interaction he had with the other cast members had me cringing

How the fuck does he still get work?

No. He's literally the worst actor on his own show. And the worst part of Defenders.

Weaker than Mike "this is my one and only tone of voice" Colter?

Yes, he's that bad, at least Mike brings an appropriate level of physicality to the role with his build and size (even though I do appreciate Finn has had virtually no time to bulk on muscle mass for IF and Defenders)

Looking forward to IF S2 where we can once and for all acknowledge without a doubt that Finn is absolutely dreadful

All of his quick little smiles are dangerously close to turning me gay.

>Scott Glenn
was great in Daredevil but is shit in Defenders

When does this show turn into irredeemable garbage? I just finished episode 3 and while it's probably the weakest Netflix show it's not that bad it doesn't seem like. Though to be fair, I haven't really read a lot of Iron Fist.

Maybe you just have shit taste.

Cox is a great, great actor. He deserves big screen treatment.

The first 4 or so episodes are probably the best, it just doesn't really improve all that much and Danny doesn't really develop as a character

it gets even more cheesy towards the end though, especially when there's a scene set in """"China"""" which is painfully obviously actually shot in the US. Also, for all of the faults the show has, it is still miles above even the best seasons of Arrow

What's so bad about it then? It's not like I'm in love with it or anything obviously, it's not on a pedestal or anything so I won't be hard to convince. Or do you not have anything to contribute besides a shitpost?
This makes sense. Thanks for the reply, user.

anyone else hope that if they merge the cinematic and netflix universes that they keep the actors from the netflix ones?

I found it better in the second half when they stopped spending all their time in board meetings and making jokes about how he doesn't wear shoes.

Ward Meachum is the best thing that happened to the show. Danny is an afterthought

i feel he's consistently the best part of the defenders. his story arc actually progresses everyone's story and actually gets shit solved. dany rand seemed written as an integral part of the story, yet him and his gf slowed everything down to a crawl and never really did anything except pointlessly argue against the group.

jessica jones was almost just along for the ride, didn't contribute much, but she didn't slow things down either.

luke cage was probably the second most entertaining part even though he had zero to do with any of it. but he had a good dynamic with anyone he needed to interact with, great moments with jessica and stick and danny.

it was a bit annoying how unwilling they where to just outright murder members of the hand, seeing as they're all evil as fuck. like they keep being revived just punch their heads off.

also it really makes me wonder how any of the defenders would stack up against the avengers. like would luke be able to handle thor in a fist fight? or would DD be able to survive cap? since they seem to struggle with ninjas yet cap was soloing groups of soldiers all the time.

People talked about him a lot during season 1, but it is like once you acknowledge him there isn't much else to say

he really looks great in the suit now, like idk if they tweaked it a little but he looks a lot cooler.

the suit is the same as the suit he gets in Daredevil s2 I'm fairly sure, which was a big improvement over the suit at the end of season 1, even if it was just little tweaks like changing the faceplate of the helmet, changing the strap colors to red and giving him baggier combat pants and combat boots

he just moved in it a lot better, like he didn't look as stiff.

perhaps they changed the materials up to make it a lot more flexible

Most Avengers could solo the Defenders or the Hand.

Its not just his acting, even though he's obviously /fit/ he has a certain physical presence to him.

When Stick says Matt is 'the best natural fighter' he has ever trained you accept what he says 100%.

When Iron Fist says 'IM A LIVING WEAPON' you just roll your eyes.

well luke seems like he can at least do some damage if he'd stop being a pacifist giant. like dude a tank but doesn't use it. also he gets thrown around a lot.

i'd expect DD to at least be like black widow and hawkeye level in fighting. but yeah they do seem out of their league.

I think he's really cute in the role and I don't know why.

>'IM A LIVING WEAPON' you just roll your eyes

so much, it's like dude shut up everyone kicks your ass. all that power and he never does shit. like one punch and he's out of juice.

I think that's more the difference between someone you know is a badass praising someone else as a badass and someone constantly tooting their own horn and always getting beaten up.

>Man, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and Iron Fist and the Defenders sure stunk on ice.
>I can't wait for BASED PUNISHER!

>That moment in the last episode when he somehow manages to keep the fist glowing while they're fighting a bunch of goons
AWW SHIT, here he comes, time for some kung fu extravaganza where Iron Fist finally gets to be himself and punch all these dudes into the walls
>Proceeds to get beaten up by the goons while the fist is just there, glowing. Nobody even reacts differently when they get hit by it
D-did someone forgot to turn off the special effect or something? How is that even possible?

>That laugh when hearing Jess say 'all these brownstones look alike, right?'

It takes a special kind of idiot to fuck up as simple a concept as the punisher.

>blind lawyer is considerably more fit and athletic than the ultimate martial arts master who trained in isolation for years.

Charlie is the type of excellence that ruins the curve for others.

he had less than 2 months to get into shape for Daredevil S1, too

he got into impressively good shape considering the timeframe, dude must have had to have been at the gym every day whilst filming

well DD has the fighter genes in him. iron fist almost wasn't meant to be a fighter.

he probably looked pretty good even before filming. he's never been like fat or anything. but he actually looked great in that spandex black suit in s1. so that's impressive for 2 months. i hope we get a season 3 or defenders s2 soon, i really like watching him.

The show is alright it just sucks that it was rushed so the actors had no time to prep for fight scenes and we only we're told about cool things Danny has done. Also it should be more about revenge.

There's problems with the show but all the SJW normies gave it bad reviews because Danny wasn't asian

iron fist was sloooooooooooooow, and he was kind of just an idiot through the whole thing. it is the worst of the shows, i'd say agents of shield is better than iron fist.

I read an interview way back when from him saying he was really really skinny before filming, so I think most of it was packed on during those precious few weeks of training, which is really impressive, he also mentioned something about having to get up at 5am every day to get to the gym in time before they had to be shooting and having to do quite grueling ways of training like prowlers etc

Why couldn't they have cast someone as Iron Fist with the same motivation and drive as Cox?

My only issue, and it's so small too, is that his hair in the Defenders didn't have that red tint that he had in his own series. I'm still a little bit irked that he's not a flaming red head but Charlie does a really good job as Matt.

Saw an interview with Charlie Cox and the dude is very dedicated to his craft. He's naturally fit and was probably already as fit as he was in DD s1 even before he was casted. Him and Foggy's actorvwere actually joking about how active he s since Foggy's actor wanted more scenes for him to sit down in while Charlie never sat on anything when it was a day of filming

Everything is better then S1 and Shield's portrayal of Robbie

Nah he was never built before Daredevil, from the horses mouth himself:
>"The truth is, before I did this show, I'd never really been in shape, I never really had a gym membership, and I'd always just occasionally go for a run, that kind of stuff," Cox told Business Insider.

uk.businessinsider.com/charlie-coxs-daredevil-workout-2016-3

>even in simple things like how he doesn't make eye contact
Unless he's trying to comfort someone, then he makes a blind man's effort to.

so wait you do like ghost rider or you don't?

He still needs to get some muscle tone though. Just doesn't look like a warrior monk

I have zero faith in Punisher. They fucked up Iron Fist on a level worthy of FOX.

>Can't act
>Zero physique despite being a martial arts master
>Stupid hair

No, he's awful.

Almost right after that, its a nose dive that never comes up, the way shit gets introduced is so bad and the fight scenes are handled so fucking poorly.

You know I will never understand that. If they're wanting to build up Iron Fist as this super badass guy who is unrivaled by almost everyone, how come every mother fucker untrained with a knife can prolong a fight with him and nearly kill him every fight?

You get some stuff with Ward and his dad that are pretty good. But it's a sad day when the main character is one of the least likeable and interesting, and believable portrayals on the cast

Cox really has the perfect Daredevil build. He's very lean, but has a certain stockiness to him akin to an old school boxer. He isn't going to be a monster like Captain America, but he's also going to be wider than Iron Fist.

He needs better writing before I can judge him fairly. Every scene he's in just has him whining or being a worse fighter than Daredevil.

Once the whole "Its really him!" wears off I found it just to be so god damn dull. Everything moved a snail pace, often things happening that felt mostly unimportant. And even things that are happen so awkwardly its weird.

>Netflix Daredevil will never be on DVD

Why even live?

He's pretty much the only thing I liked about the Defenders. The Defenders as a whole was kind of boring but the DD bits managed to keep me invested for a short while.

I thought it was actually kind of funny when Jessica joked about how dumb his costume looked compared to wearing her scarf. And I agree that when he's just wearing something on his head he does look better.

agents of shield is good tho

>was good*
ftfy

They got really fucking obsessed with the Inhumans and talking about not Drumpf for a while.

>because he got upstaged by Vincent D'onofrio
I mean, to be fair, it's Vincent D'onofrio.
And everyone praised Charlie during Season 1, it's just that there are other things to talk about now.
We've all talked at length about how great he is and how great the writing for Daredevil is and how much he's so far above the rest of the cast.

It is on blue ray I think. I could have sworn it was on a shelf at the shops. Of course it is more then a month of Netflix so why bother?

IF sounds like whiny rich kid which he is

Too bad his plot in Defenders was all about Elektra. The best element of your show is intrinsically connected to one of the worst.

That's how good Charlie and Daredevil as a show have been though.

The worst part of the Daredevil show (Elektra arc) is the best part of Defenders.

Holding on his own against two ancient ninjas while the other super powered is having trouble against a force pushing old lady

google.com/search?q=daredevil dvd&oq=daredevil dvd&aqs=chrome..69i57.4991j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Really hated how they went with Robbie and completely butchered his origin and cast

>2017
>DVD

Yes. In the specific example of Defenders, almost all of the problems not related to Finn Jones' acting can be attributed to horrifically bad writing.

i liked how he looked, but yes he's completely different from the comics. he's pretty much not even the same character but just A ghost rider.

still it was one of the best parts of that season, if you don't think about the comics and just think of it as movie verse. which they kind of did with all of the marvel characters.

dude they sell then at wal-mart

He's plain moronic at times, looks suspiciously unfit for someone who was trained by monks after the Hand TOOK EVERYTHING FROM HIM and was upstaged in his show by Ward.

I've got nothing against Finn Jones, but the writing for Danny is atrocious.

>Why couldn't they have cast someone as Iron Fist with the same motivation and drive as Cox?
Iron Fist dude didn't get any training time. Apparently didn't even get proper choreography before fight scenes, just one hour practice. The entire show was just absurdly rushed

Oh the special effects where great but I have no idea why they chose Robbie if they weren't going to do Robbie. They could have just made up their own ghost Rider and nothing would be different

It was more like 15 minutes before the fights

i liked the last season, but these was up and downs with quality and story lines. the inhuman stuff was garbage, those weird inhumans with shit powers was so strange, it felt like joke.

pretty much how i took it, i feel they just wanted a ghost rider and mixed danny ketch and robbie reyes into one guy. with a brief appearance by what i'm guessing was johny blaze.

Finn only had 2 weeks to train, but Charlie Cox had sparsely more than 4 weeks, whilst I can appreciate that's double the time but it's still a pretty small time but he still managed to get buff, and had to train heavily throughout the months it took to shoot the show, no reason why Finn couldn't have done the same

There was a dent in that guy's head so it was Johnny

This doesn't explain his shit acting and "whipser every thing because I'm grim" voice style. Iron Fist is not grim! He's a very relaxed guy. He's not haunted by his parents like Batman ffs.

He really is a great actor, sells every extreme emotion someone going through all these insane moments would experience, like when he says out loud that Stick was killed and dies a little inside but then sucks it up as he still has a job to do.

I love him. He is fantastic. Those moments he isn't looking at the person he is speaking to, but is talking to them like he is, and similar to what you said, his facial expressions using everything but his actual eyeballs which an argument could be made he is using by not using them are all top notch, and he brings something to each scene that Jessica, Luke, and Danny can't even touch.

Noticed it too. I think I enjoy that for reasons I shouldn't. Brb, I need to go confess my sins.

>whipser every thing because I'm grim
I haven't read this thread but you know actors don't make those decisions, right? Marvel TV has shit writers, that is the root of pretty much all their problems.

Be quiet. Scott Glenn is god tier in almost everything he does, and when he isn't he is still better than 90% of the people he shares the screen with.

Might be the most compelling character on a show that gives you every reason to despise him until the very end.

That's a fair argument. I'd like to see how he looks for Iron Fist s2 before I fully give judgement though.

That's true, but we were specifically talking about his physique.